Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers (19584 Views)

Man Brings Rifle To Market In Akure Under The Influence Of Hard Drugs (Photos) / Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter / Five Policemen Detained For Killing & Burying A Cyclist In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Ayomax(m): 5:21am On Jan 06, 2014
OWERRI — Five policemen, serving in Imo State police command, including the armourer of New Owerri police division, are now in detention over how one of the AK-47 rifles officially issued for guard duties, ended up in the hands of dare devil kidnappers operating in the state.

Confirming the develpoment to Vanguard in a telephone interview yesterday, the state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Musa Katsina, said while four of the five policemen were explaining their involvement in the sordid act, the armourer is being tried for negligent conduct.

Katsina said: “It is true that I ordered the arrest, detention and interrogation of four serving policemen of this command for allegedly renting one of the rifles assigned to them to dare devil kidnappers.”

According to the CP, all the police officers, including the armourer, arrested in connection with the sordid finding are now facing orderly room trial.

He said: “I have constituted a panel to try them. They have been given the opportunity to explain and anybody found to be involved in the crime would be made to face the full weight of the law.”

Giving a graphic account of how the police recovered the weapon from fleeing kidnappers, Katsina said the command’s Ambush Squad gave a hot chase to a gang of kidnappers and in the process, they abandoned the gun in their operational vehicle and ran away.

“When the vehicle was thoroughly searched, the AK-47 rifle belonging to the command was recovered. We traced the point of issue to New Owerri police division and that is how the armourer came into the picture,” the CP said.

Katsina said policemen are given weapons to protect the citizens and not to use it to terrorize the people they are supposed to protect.

“The four were officially assigned the weapons for guard duties. The other three policemen never reported to anybody that their colleague whose weapon was later recovered from kidnappers, was not reporting for duty” the CP said.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the four policemen were posted to the residence of a retired CP (names withheld), while Katsina has since reported the incident to the Inspector General of Police.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/5-policemen-detained-renting-rifle-kidnappers/
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 06, 2014
Good work by the CP, especially for fully exposing them and reporting the case to the IG.

The society would be a lot safer without moles in the Police force. I won't be surprised if one of them was doing more than just renting out the guns to criminals. These guys could be the kidnappers themselves! Cheii. . . just like the reality in Yoruba movies. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Ayomax(m): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2014
jassie: Good work by the CP, especially for fully exposing them and reporting the case to the IG.

The society would be a lot safer without moles in the Police force. I won't be surprised if one of them was doing more than just renting out the guns to criminals. These guys could be the kidnappers themselves! Cheii. . . just like the reality in Yoruba movies. cheesy
true talk, we ain't safe in this country. tht why I can neva trust any policeman

2 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Exodus2k(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2014
The CP should dismiss them from police for aiding and albeting crime, as they may be also the fleeing suspects and charge them to court immediately to serve as example to others of the follow criminals in uniform

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by jamace(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Hmn. "Police is your friend" but you have to watch your back. sad

3 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by desgiezd(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2014
These Policemen should have known that life is more than just money, money & money. Its a pity they allowed the love of money to rule over their lives and conscience. Apart from dismissing them from the Police Force, they should be charged to court as well.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by johniho1(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
all policemen are the same, even i can't trust anyone one of them, renting guns to thieves like cars. Hmmm God help use o.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
For any high profile shady deal that pulls through,there must be a police connection.

So am not surprised,most police officers are legalized criminals.

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by nakwe(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
I don tire for Nigerian police o. Anyway Man must Chop
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
i no hear well

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by 3Dimension: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2014
'They' give the weapons to the kidnapper.
The kidnapper nabs a civilian.
Civilian calls 'them' to rescue the victim.

Good Job CP. A great step in the right direction.

Btw. I'm on FP..........

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Gifted4all(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2014
When it comes to police matters i give up

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2014
listening 2 wizkid. I fit die on top ur matter
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by emmabest2000(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2014
Speechless ... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Bimpe29: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2014
Na today! They will be set free shortly. Abi no be Nigeria we dey. The only solution to these perennial problems bedevilling us as a nation, is sincerity in any capacity each of us finds himself.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2014
Fr0nt page tinx. Lol
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 06, 2014
dancin azonto, first page tinz.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
The rule of law is dead,..
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by akposking(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Na so olokpa.?
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by nekaa(f): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
ewey..
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by colombiana: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Exodus#2k:
The CP should dismiss them from police for aiding and albeting crime, as they may be also the fleeing suspects and charge them to court immediately to serve as example to others of the follow criminals in uniform
story..... Dey wud only be posted from from that state
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by toluleke(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2014
op na today Police gun na like home video wey u fit rent naw,even bomb ask SEXKILLz,he go tel u..In policeman voice

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by MrAboki: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2014
Officer must wac... grin

You take people from the lowest echelon of society with little or no education and zero sense of National pride nor patriotism and Arm them after a very poor training session, Pay them peanuts with little incentives and give them the hardest, life threatening job of fighting criminals.. WETIN YOU EXPECT?!

Their Oga is living in a big mansion and they are made to stay under the Sun to protect him.

If they die in service, their families welfare is left to GOD alone.

If they get injured in the line of duty, their welfare package is meagre and even ontop of that, the money doesn not come regularly.

grin

One day, they will snap and kill you.. angry

What those officers did is bad, but can you truly say we are surprised?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Dreyl(m): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2014
Good for them.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by gbaskiboy: 10:16am On Jan 06, 2014
Police that should be protecting us are now against....... I wondered where dis naija they head to. I bow for u oo naija NPF
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by toluleke(m): 10:19am On Jan 06, 2014
gbaskiboy: Police that should be protecting us are now against....... I wondered where dis naija they head to. I bow for u oo naija NPF
we are heading to aso rock....policeman wey tell me and my guys afta we give am change say dem dey rob 4 benin/ore road...he better make we sleep 4 hotel dat night..i con dey wonder,..guy see gun 4ur hand..d guy safe our life sha..Wen i hear News d next day.,d guy just be like angel

3 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Sirsijo(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2014
wow.. this is so sad.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by etudaddy(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2014
Nawa oo. Dis world don dey end oo.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by kenbee(f): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2014
And they said that they are our friend. God save your people!
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by isaiahethan: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2014
NPF (No Police Friend) watch your back. grin grin grin
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Peter262: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2014
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2014
Oloooooooooooooookpaaaaaaaaaaaaa. grin grin grin ;Dirty work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank / Wraps Of Cocaine Found Inside Body Cream In Edo (video) / 3 Nigerians, Others Arrested For Hacking Into 2,000 Accounts In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.