Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie (6502 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by fadson: 1:31am On Aug 08, 2008
Rev Chris Okotie Re-marries! Matters Arising

Heard it on Rythm FM few hours ago. I will appreciate opinions from bible scholars or persons gifted with scriptural interpretation on the aspect of divorce and re-marrying.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by dreeldee: 1:44am On Aug 08, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

More than you. olodo

but not enough to answer the question ayamantaga tongue tongue grin
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 08, 2008
dreeldee:

but not enough to answer the question ayamantaga tongue tongue grin
Young man, shattaaap dia!! angry tongue

Funny thing, you didn't answer either.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by dreeldee: 1:55am On Aug 08, 2008
@Ruby old woman, you aged with your brain? lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy

@post pray over it, the answer will be revealed cool
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 08, 2008
dreeldee:

@Ruby old woman, you aged with your brain? lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy
Yet, am younger than you.

Your brain must have aged, farted and dried up tongue
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by dreeldee: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yet, am younger than you.

Your brain must have aged, afrted and dried up
tongue

like they say, experience is the best teacher grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 08, 2008
dreeldee:

like they say, experience is the best teacher grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
teacher, don't teach me nonsense. please
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by fadson: 6:19am On Aug 08, 2008
http://www.independentngonline.com/life/lead/article01?publication=080808

Okotie Steals The Show, Finally Weds By Stephanie

By Franka Nwusulor and Anthonia Soyingbe

At last, the hush-hush rumour of romance between Rev. Chris Okotie and Stephanie Henshaw, will culminate in a holy wedlock this weekend. Okotie, a holder of Law degree (he skipped Law School) is a stuff of eloquence who means many things to different people.

Stephanie, a light skinned beautiful widow and mother of three, became Okotie's sunshine, after his ex-wife, Tina, backed out of his life when she walked out of her sixteen years old marriage. Chris Okotie's marriage with Tina, contracted in 1984, packed up in 2001 with the world hearing only his side of the story. His wife's sudden disappearance from the scene was soon followed by a divorce, and a statement credited to Chris that his wife's decision to leave him was because of her phobia for Nigeria and desire to live in America. Now her loss appears to be Stephanie's gain, and the letter seems not only willing to tag behind the man of God, but stick very close to his heart, in his home and at last become his wife. Today, Friday, she will triumphantly be sealed legally, with the man of God as his wife at the Ikoyi Registry before the final church wedding on Sunday.

Not much is known about Stephanie Henshaw besides the fact that she is undeniably beautiful and has been trailing Chris long before now. Of late, however, some amazing revelations about her began to spring up and among the gist was that the Calabar-born Stephanie has an Igbo mother and is in her late 30s. She was once married to her late husband who happened to be Pastor Okotie's best friend in school. Their marriage was blessed with a son who is now in his 20s but then her husband got hit by a bullet and passed on. This circumstance led to Pastor Okotie stepping into her life in a bid to offer her succour until the day Stephanie suddenly disappeared and one day resurfaced with a new husband. The story has it that the man was already married and had two sons but Stephanie moved in with the man and his other wife until things fell apart and the centre could no longer hold. Their many differences led to unresolved fights, which brought Pastor Chris into the matter. However, when even the man of God could not resolve the differences, he soon advised divorce and Stephanie quickly heeded the advice.

Again, Pastor Okotie lent her his shoulders to lean on, lodging her into a Hotel in Ikeja and finally renting a house for her within Marwa Gardens, Agidingbi, Ogba. It was reported that her husband once stormed the hotel where Stephanie was, and on hearing that the man of God usually send a car to pick her for church, he came into the hotel, one day, and smashed the car. This did not in any way deter Okotie from protecting her as he rather brought a Chauffeured car to take her wherever she wanted, while putting a guard in her house. Soon, tongues started wagging as Stephanie started visiting Pastor Okotie's house frequently. It was obvious that Pastor Chris had a soft spot for her and would rather have her stay at home all day. The heavy air was later cleared when during his birthday Okotie officially introduced her as his wife to be.

This announcement came as a shock to some of his female celebrities who have been hoping to fill the position of 'Mrs. Okotie.' Some of these ladies who are strongly rumoured to be on this list and whom the man of God has played a prominent role in their lives include: Sola Salako, who was the church's head of administration for several years, and Okotie's close aide, Vien Tetsola, a former miss Nigeria, Ure Okezie, daughter of former minister, Dr. Okezie, who has since married top singer, Soul E, and Rose Elisanma Ideh, who became a frequent visitor at many of Okotie's church event, and who played a major role in his last presidential campaign. Many of these women quit the church while some have reluctantly returned with the hope that Okotie would one day wake up from the spell of the Calabar beauty. One of the reasons why many thought Stephanie was disqualified was not just that she is a mother of three, Pastor Chris has been the family pastor during her two marriages and Stephanie's second husband was said to be Okotie's oldest church member.

Well, despite all odds, Stephanie has gotten her victory and is today being crowned the first lady of Household of God. Earlier on, when Pastor Chris was accosted by a group of press men, he made known his intention on the marriage and remarked that one of the things he loved in Stephanie is her 'angelic' beauty. He also said she has an understanding and a humble disposition which she had displayed by keeping a low profile in all the years she had married a public figure. One thing is certain, come this Sunday, August 10th, Pastor Chris Okotie is certainly saying 'I Do' to the love of his life, Stephanie, at the refurbished Household of God Church. If there is one thing to describe the man Chris Okotie, it is a fact that he loves fame. His pursuit of fame led him from the stage, to the pulpit and finally to the slippery pole of politics in 2003, when he declared he heard a divine revelation that "The Lord spoke to me that I will be President." It was a vision he said he saw back in 1999. Either that divine inspiration or the Nigeria system failed when he contested for the presidency on the platform of Justice Party (JP) in the last general elections.*****************************

Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Godalone(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
Chris Okotie!
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by yongbabe(f): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
a divorced pastor
but the bible is against divorce!
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by madamkoko: 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2008
but the bible is against divorce!

The bible says many things that people don't follow. [Nigerians are the only ones that illusion themselves to think that they can do every single sh#$%t the bible says.] Its only a book of guidelines written by man to create order.

Pls they should leave Chris alone jare. He's human and God is merciful so i'm sure he will forgive. wink wink
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by madamkoko: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2008
Nothing wrong with a divorced pastor, nothing wrong with a corrupt theiving pastor. Pastors are HUMANS and not gods.

The ones I feel sympathy for the most are the ones that look up to these pastors as something other than humans.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by spikedcylinder: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2008
madamkoko:

The bible says many things that people don't follow. [Nigerians are the only ones that illusion themselves to think that they can do every single sh#$%t the bible says.] Its only a book of guidelines written by man to create order.

Please they should leave Chris alone jare. He's human and God is merciful so i'm sure he will forgive. wink wink

Just a book of guidelines and also just a book that was written by man when freedom of anything and human rights amounted to zit.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by abikelat(f): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2008
LOL.
THIS AINT FUNNY.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by ifyalways(f): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
Oh la la ! cheesy
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by toto1: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
omg this woman self, how many men go see her unclothedness, after many boyfriend don see well well , now na turn for husbands to dey see , na wa ooo
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by magentam(f): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2008
Na wa O! I even hear say the woman na the wife of Chris best friend. The man no see single girls wey e go carry that "TOKUNBO" put for house? E go say na God direct am, woosai! Lies! E don dey eye im friend wife since.

Then the woman dey claim sey im former husbands dey batter am, Nonsense. How many marriages she wan enter? After 3 children for two different husbands now,na Chris turn.I wish am goodluck!
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by adrian5(m): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2008
He's married.
He was divorced.
I can't say what his problem is, but think he should stick to the business of saving lives n spreading the gospel.

@ fadson, I need to ask where was that article culled from; the English is atrocious.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by DeepZone: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2008
[size=14pt]Not much is known about Stephanie Henshaw besides the fact that she is undeniably beautiful and has been trailing Chris long before now. Of late, however, some amazing revelations about her began to spring up and among the gist was that the[b] Calabar-born Stephanie has an Igbo mother and is in her late 30s. She was once married to her late husband who happened to be Pastor Okotie's best friend in school Their marriage was blessed with a son who is now in his 20s but then her husband got hit by a bullet and passed on. This circumstance led to Pastor Okotie stepping into her life in a bid to offer her succour until the day Stephanie suddenly disappeared and one day resurfaced with a new husband. [/b]The story has it that the man was already married and had two sons but Stephanie moved in with the man and his other wife until things fell apart and the centre could no longer hold. Their many differences led to unresolved fights, which brought Pastor Chris into the matter. However, when even the man of God could not resolve the differences, he soon advised divorce and Stephanie quickly heeded the advice.[/size]

@bold, so she was a polygamist?
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by magentam(f): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2008
Hmmm, POLYANDRIST I may say, LOL .Na she wasn't a polyandrist, just married different husbands at different times.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by snazzydawn(f): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2008
I do not know where to place Pastor Okotie, first he said God told him he was Nigeria's president, he is not yet the president, and other controversial stuff. Well, it is his life, he is human. I can't judge him.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by MrCrackles(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2008
madamkoko:

Nothing wrong with a divorced pastor, nothing wrong with a corrupt theiving pastor. Pastors are HUMANS and not gods.

The ones I feel sympathy for the most are the ones that look up to these pastors as something other than humans.

true talk here!

@[poster and post

whether chris okotie likes make e enter ashawo joint, e no concern me! grin
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by spikedcylinder: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2008
magentam:

Na wa O! I even hear say the woman na the wife of Chris best friend. The man no see single girls wey e go carry that "TOKUNBO" put for house? E go say na God direct am, woosai! Lies! E don dey eye im friend wife since.

Then the woman dey claim sey im former husbands dey batter am, Nonsense. How many marriages she wan enter? After 3 children for two different husbands now,na Chris turn.I wish am goodluck!

What a load of crap!
Are you suggesting that this woman doesnt have the rights to attempt to make herself happy even if she tries to do that over and over again?
I dont care what circumstances led her to marry, divorce, marry, divorce and marry again. She has the right to be happy and if she is happy with this pastor, so be it. Calling her a "tokunbo" or whatever is just plain mean.
My curiousity however lies in the following queston : As beautiful as that woman appears to be, are they both going to say that they havent been having carnal knowledge of each other? Or is there a clause in the bible that exempts divorcees?
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by MissyB1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Or is there a clause in the bible that exempts divorcees?
NO!!

spikedcylinder:

As beautiful as that woman appears to be, are they both going to say that they havent been having carnal knowledge of each other?

It could be and they could say so as well
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2008
this is what u get in all this hip hop churches and from hip hop pastors. no pun intended.
until someone shows me where the bible says it is 'OK' to divorce and then re-marry while ur other partner is still alive then this union 'no be am'.

i thought 'MEN of GOD' are supposed to lead by example.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by spikedcylinder: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

It could be and they could say so as well

Yea right!!!! undecided undecided
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Gamine(f): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2008
I only wonder.

What is this man doing on the pulpit.

He is Disqualified from being a pastor, why cant his congregation bring him down
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by madamkoko: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
A Pastor has needs and a pastor is definitely entitled to be married. grin grin grin
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Gamine(f): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
He was married.

The bible says a Pastor must be the husband of ONE wife

now that he has two wives, how does he qualify.

HE SHould step down and stop leading people into HELL
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by madamkoko: 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2008
HE SHould step down and stop leading people into HELL

Step down ke? NO OOH!!!

I feel bad for the morons who see him as god. People lead themselves to hell.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by Gamine(f): 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
By allowing him to continue preaching

yes, they are leading themselves to FAYA, hot one ke

Ohun ti irẹ-e se to fi kan lapa, alaantete ni ki won jẹ ki oun o se e.
Re: The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie by 4answers: 12:31am On Aug 12, 2008
In my opinion he has not set agood example as pastor, my greatest disappointment about the whole thing is the way and manner he is going about it. Can you imagin him saying that people are just jealous of her wife's beauty. Is that what a supposed man of God whom people look up should in such a circumstance

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? / What Is I Bless God? / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.