Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? (824 Views)

Why Do Mothers Place Their Kids Above Their Husbands?? / Do Mothers Love Their Husbands More Or Kids More? / 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by nalijah07(f): 3:17am On Aug 08, 2008
Do mothers cover for their sons if they are dating more than one woman? Or will they try to make them see the errors of their ways by discouraging double dating?

If they encourage it, will they allow both (or all) of the women in their home and communicate with them equally like all is well?

I've witnessed this happen in some families, and I think it's horrible. I would certainly discourage my son from including me in his double dating wahala angry
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by topup: 3:58am On Aug 08, 2008
The way Nigerian most mothers treat their sons 'princes' sometimes confuses me too,

I can't answer for definite because every mother is different and so maybe they'd sit and watch as it happened, as some are able to detach and actually only focus on the happiness of their sons at whatever cost, even at a broken/devastated heart of a lady.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by KarmaMod(f): 4:11am On Aug 08, 2008
Yea some mothers do esp if they dont like the "original" girl, they will go as far as being the ones to set up the other chick

It's pathetic. Avoid guys who have that sort of twisted relationship with their moms
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by Nobody: 4:27am On Aug 08, 2008
Do people actually do this?

The only place I've seen such happen is on Nollywood undecided
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 08, 2008
my mom freaked out the day i broke up with a chic, she felt so sad she was losing a call buddy. grin I dread to think what she would do if she discovers i tried to double-date.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by femzy(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2008
depending but very few i think.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by iice(f): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2008
@Topic
Gawd, that's pathetic
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by nalijah07(f): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
iice -

You've never heard of this??
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by sistawoman: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2008
I asked my hubby about this last night and he told me that he never introduced any woman to his mom for fear that she would beat his ass. His first wife never got to met his mom as she passed before they met.

So not all moms cover for their sons, some of them even scare their sons into not bringing any women by. He said he told every girl he dated from jump street that they would never meet his mom and they were ok with that.

If a dude told me that i would know it was not serious. I wish i was able to meet her and chat with her. I am sure the funny stories she would be able to share with me would be precious. . . . . . but enough off topic what were we talking about?LOL
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by Moyola(f): 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2008
"Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons?" - diz aint wt i tot d thread wuld b about as d title seem kinda' lipsrsealed
I tot "cover" as in covering thier nudity!!! undecided no abuse me o!!

@ poster . . . gud title!! wink

Anywyz it dependz!! undecided

A mother myt wan her son 2 follow her footstepz!!

while some make them c d errorz of thier ways!!!
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by iice(f): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2008
nalijah07:

iice -

You've never heard of this??

I have but very rare. But it's damn pathetic.
Can't imagine my mother doing that for my brothers.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by ssRhino: 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
iice:

I have but very rare. But it's damn pathetic.
Can't imagine my mother doing that for my brothers.

has ur mother picked the fone one day and your brother says, "Mom, please tell her i am not home" ?
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by iice(f): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
rofl, hardly. Call my mother for wetin. Doesn't he have his own mouth?
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by ssRhino: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2008
iice:

rofl, hardly. Call my mother for wetin. Doesn't he have his own mouth?

u didnt get me sis, i said has anyone ever called your house and the call was for your brother, but your mom was the one that picked the fone, and your brother tell ur mom to tell the caller, that he is busy, not home or something?
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by iice(f): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
Nope grin
If anyone was to cover up, that would be me not my mother, but then again they have nothing to cover up.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by ssRhino: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2008
iice:

Nope grin
If anyone was to cover up, that would be me not my mother, but then again they have nothing to cover up.

ok then.
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by vivaladiva(f): 12:38am On Aug 09, 2008
i wilfinately get my mum to
cover up for me
Re: Do Mothers "Cover" For Their Sons? by Youngpo413: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
^^I trust you

(1) (Reply)

Living Together Before Marriage, Is That Good Idea? / h / Ask Nigeria Girl Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.