Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

The sign - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The sign (2356 Views)

Memoirs Of An Introverted College Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The sign by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ready?

6 Likes

Re: The sign by Doughboysss: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nice one.
Re: The sign by Justeenaleo(f): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
I feel you smiley
Re: The sign by Royver(m): 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmmn.
Re: The sign by k0d3ch1k(f): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
wow! did u jst describe me?
Re: The sign by Sleekbaby(f): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
My dear s dia a way out bcoz am tired of being an introvert, i wnt 2 b able 2 express myslf in public, contribute sth wn wit frnds, strt dscussions n nt always finishin pple's own, i nid a way out plz
Re: The sign by RAPMAN02(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
grindats me
Re: The sign by Nche95(m): 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sleekbaby: My dear s dia a way out bcoz am tired of being an introvert, i wnt 2 b able 2 express myslf in public, contribute sth wn wit frnds, strt dscussions n nt always finishin pple's own, i nid a way out plz
i'm more introverted. I cant go out . I'm always indoor. I am always shy to talk in the public. I have only one male friend and no female friend. When i was still in school, i couldnt answer question in the class. And many more. Nne, i think there is nothing we can do about it. We just have to keep living like that.
Re: The sign by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
I am an Introvert and I have few friends. I don't care. I prefer to have few true friends than to billions of fake friends, they are useless.
Re: The sign by Martiyu(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
What more can I say?
Re: The sign by TheSoothSayer(m): 12:01am On Jan 07, 2014
I used to be completely introverted too, but when I noticed it was killing me because I was missing a lot I decided to change myself. Even tho it's very hard to say hello, try your best and always have a smiling face. I saw this somewhere once, 'Always keep it in mind whenever you want to speak to someone, this person wants to hear me speak. Keep repeating this to yourself.' there is no problem with being an introvert, but ppl will think youre depressed, sad, a loner, a snub, and worst of all a looser; you'll miss a lot of good opportunities . To avoid generalizing, this does not apply to every introvert. It might be the way you were programmed , but who says you can't upgrade.
learn to reach out to ppl, one day at a time. Godspeed

Nice piece by the way.

2 Likes

Re: The sign by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2014
The SoothSayer: I used to be completely introverted too, but when I noticed it was killing me because I was missing a lot I decided to change myself. Even tho it's very hard to say hello, try your best and always have a smiling face. I saw this somewhere once, 'Always keep it in mind whenever you want to speak to someone, this person wants to hear me speak. Keep repeating this to yourself.' there is no problem with being an introvert, but ppl will think youre depressed, sad, a loner, a snub, and worst of all a looser; you'll miss a lot of good opportunities . To avoid generalizing, this does not apply to every introvert. It might be the way you were programmed , but who says you can't upgrade.
learn to reach out to ppl, one day at a time. Godspeed

Nice piece by the way.
Seconded!
I wouldn't classify myself as being fully introverted or fully extroverted either, kind of on the fence here! It all depends on my location sha!
Superb Artistic piece @ Op
Re: The sign by philfearon(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2014
BimiOne: Seconded!
I wouldn't classify myself as being fully introverted or fully extroverted either, kind of on the fence here! It all depends on my location sha!
Superb Artistic piece @ Op
Ambivert.....
Following the thread small small...
Re: The sign by ninja4life(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
I'm also an introvert though i can be playful once in a while i only express my thoughts on the internet and also prefer conversation on social network than in real life cis i wont be able to say jack worst of all i dont even know what i want whether i'm okay with being an introvert or will like to start socializing.lol anyway nice piece by the op.
Re: The sign by weirdo17(f): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: The sign by thando(f): 6:11am On Jan 09, 2014
thats so me natureboy, but i also want to change some of those charactristics about myself like being comfortable in public gatherings and not feel so out of place, i'm working on it though ........ patience!
Re: The sign by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
In this present day society,Introverts often feel the need to behave like extroverts in other to get some benefits that have been pegged with having extroverted qualities. A left handed person will always remain a left handed person. Although he may try to utilize the right hand,it will never be as effective as the left hand. In the same way, an introvert may try to exhibit extroverted qualities to thrive in today's "extroverts world" but will be constantly drained by those stimulating environments which normally energizes extroverts.
Most introverts are often ashamed of their personality type because the media and general notion has pegged extroverts as successful, decisive and good leaders, while introverts are generally perceived as shy,indecisive, aloof and depressed. Even the church tends to unintentionally exalt extroverted qualities as ideals of faithfulness. So most Introverts often run down their energy endlessly trying to "play extrovert" while ignoring their inherent gifts and talents. What I think is that every introvert should be true to themselves and embrace their personality. This builds confidence which in turn leads to a happy and fulfilling life.

2 Likes

Re: The sign by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
natureboy50: In this present day society,Introverts often feel the need to behave like extroverts in other to get some benefits that have been pegged with having extroverted qualities. A left handed person will always remain a left handed person. Although he may try to utilize the right hand,it will never be as effective as the left hand. In the same way, an introvert may try to exhibit extroverted qualities to thrive in today's "extroverts world" but will be constantly drained by those stimulating environments which normally energizes extroverts.
Most introverts are often ashamed of their personality type because the media and general notion has pegged extroverts as successful, decisive and good leaders, while introverts are generally perceived as shy,indecisive, aloof and depressed. Even the church tends to unintentionally exalt extroverted qualities as ideals of faithfulness. So most Introverts often run down their energy endlessly trying to "play extrovert" while ignoring their inherent gifts and talents. What I think is that every introvert should be true to themselves and embrace their personality. This builds confidence which in turn leads to a happy and fulfilling life.

But Introverts are geniuses. Most of the great people we hear about are introverts. For instance: Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Napoleon Bonaparte, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Mark Zukerberg and many writers, philosophers, artists, inventors etc. The innovations you see today were by the introverts because they are natural thinkers.

4 Likes

Re: The sign by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Uncanny Genius: But Introverts are geniuses. Most of the great people we hear about are introverts. For instance: Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Napoleon Bonaparte, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Mark Zukerberg and many writers, philosophers, artists, inventors etc. The innovations you see today were by the introverts because they are natural thinkers.
Uncanny Genius: But Introverts are geniuses. Most of the great people we hear about are introverts. For instance: Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Napoleon Bonaparte, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Mark Zukerberg and many writers, philosophers, artists, inventors etc. The innovations you see today were by the introverts because they are natural thinkers.

You are so on point

1 Like

Re: The sign by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
natureboy50:

You are so on point
Thanks. The important thing is to be ourselves. We don't need to be like the Extroverts who are less intelligent or not reliable than the Introverts.

1 Like

Re: The sign by Uchechris06(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
natureboy50: We are unique yet so humbled,so different, we separate ourselves from the crowd so we could get into our realm of solace
Our happiness the pain of others, we are incomprehensible and misunderstood. We are regarded as weird. Our ways irritate others yet we are special
Peace and quiet our friends,serenity our love.
Alone our characteristics yet our strength.
We are regarded as timid yet we are powerful,
we are regarded as shy yet deep down we are brave.
Sometimes we wish we were like everyone else but that would belittle our very sense of worth.
We are regarded as arrogant but we are focused
We talk little but think big although belittled by who we are we let our thoughts take us high into a realm only we can express
Gatherings drain us, public culture make us shiver,parties our enemy, common chatter our depression. Our home our arena of hope,our closet our embrace.
Though we have less friends we find friendship in ourselves.
We may be hated by some but cherished by who we are.
Re: The sign by Uchechris06(m): 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
God bless u d poster. Somtimes i do see myself as having psych prob bt recently i read abt d human temprament i discovered dat am healthy n dat der ar other people like me.
Re: The sign by missuniverse(f): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2014
Encouraging...Tnx all
Re: The sign by meelorlah(f): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
No better way to describe me...d mere mention of going to a party or gathering gets me sad.I hardly talk outside but my siblings and close friends call me a talkative.... In class,I don't answer questions except d ones directed at me.I can stay indoor for a very long time..am always surprised seeing people going from a friend's house to d other...being shy is an understatement for me
Re: The sign by shegxi(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
meelorlah: No better way to describe me...d mere mention of going to a party or gathering gets me sad.I hardly talk outside but my siblings and close friends call me a talkative.... In class,I don't answer questions except d ones directed at me.I can stay indoor for a very long time..am always surprised seeing people going from a friend's house to d other...being shy is an understatement for me
i use to be d exact of wat u described....bt am much beta nw, shyness rob one of many things. i can stil be quiet cos i dislike people who are lousy, but it doesn't pay to be shy my dear.... brace up!!!
Re: The sign by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Will I say you just described me op?

I have so many E friends but in real like I'm a loner. talk less, I love me, I don't keep humans close to me, I'm not close to anyone in particular. I find joy in just being with me. some call me a snub , some say I'm shy, some say I'm proud, people say things and even when I try to change, I still go back to who I am. maybe that's who I am meant to be and that's who I am. Although, people also say Aquarians behave like that.
Re: The sign by shegxi(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
nice one op, i am intovert, i will say inbetween phlegmatic and melancholy
for intelligence, yes we are, dats so evident. sometimes, i do sincerly wish i wasn't introverted, bt i hav come to realise dats who i am.
i also discover dat i do veri well wen working behind d scene dan wen am d centre of attraction.....i hav come to respect dat and realise we all can nt be on d scene, d point is just to play my part.
in all, i have tried improving myself and i can say i am beta at my relationship with people nw.
d onli downside for us as guys is wen u like a lady and u can't tel her cos u are shy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, dat feeling is sooo....
bt in all, we are unique.......lets appreciate and develop our strength.
Re: The sign by meelorlah(f): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2014
shegxi: i use to be d exact of wat u described....bt am much beta nw, shyness rob one of many things. i can stil be quiet cos i dislike people who are lousy, but it doesn't pay to be shy my dear.... brace up!!!
Thanks... still working on it though cos people tend to take my shyness for being gullible
Re: The sign by shegxi(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2014
meelorlah: Thanks... still working on it though cos people tend to take my shyness for being gullible
anyway, u are a ladi..........its stil manageable for u gurls unlike guys.
Re: The sign by meelorlah(f): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2014
shegxi: anyway, u are a ladi..........its stil manageable for u gurls unlike guys.
If you think so
Re: The sign by Lorlaahlozz: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
meelorlah: If you think so
Hlo
Re: The sign by meelorlah(f): 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Hlo
Hi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strong Words From The Comdt / Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.