Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (301859 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Freecocoa, Mindfulness and Brymo, please there is a seperate board for your topic of discussion.

All such comments should be directed to
www.nairaland.com/religion

Please ensure you keep to the rules.

Thanks.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Freecocoa, Mindfulness and Brymo, please there is a sepera e board for your discussion.

All comments should be directed to
www.nairaland.com/religion

Please ensure you keep to the rules.

Thanks.
Prefect You didn't write coogar's name, he's among the noise makers.grin

Sorry boss, won't happen again.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
freecocoa:
Prefect You didn't write coogar's name, he's among the noise makers.grin

Sorry boss, won't happen again.

Lol....Coogar was dancing round the edge....he didn't fall inside the "ice" bucket
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Lol....Coogar was dancing round the edge....he didn't fall inside the "ice" bucket
Okay then.smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
coogar:

why won't i laugh?
why would feminists go to[b] an islamic event [/b]to flash their b00bz?
you know how muslims take their religion seriously....if a man had done the same, they woulda probably
taken his head off. the ladies should be happy they only got punched and kicked. cheesy grin
Bwahahaha grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
freecocoa:
I see you, holy holy.grin

You are right, they didn't have to go there to cause trouble with their b00bz, I don't agree that flogging is the appropriate form of punishment though.

I have said it before, you are a wucked man.grin
I'm interested in what you would deem "appropriate punishment" for women who flashed thier melons in public.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

I'm interested in what you would deem "appropriate punishment" for women who flashed thier melons in public.
Whatever happened to jail time or being fined?.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Not strict enough. Besides have they committed any actual crime by baring thier brrreessts in public?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Not strict enough. Besides have they committed any actual crime by baring thier brrreessts in public?
The punishment wouldn't be for baring of b00bz, it will be for causing a disturbance.

Really? Not strict enough? So corporal punishment is allowed?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
freecocoa:

If they feel they have been wronged, they can sue, can't they?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

If they feel they have been wronged, they can sue, can't they?
I don't remember saying they were wronged, do you?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't remember saying they were wronged, do you?

So, what exactly are you complaining about?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

So, what exactly are you complaining about?
Hian! Complaining ke? Who did I complain to?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 1:31am On Sep 18, 2015
freecocoa:
The punishment wouldn't be for baring of b00bz, it will be for causing a disturbance.

Really? Not strict enough? So corporal punishment is allowed?
I'm a full supporter of corporal punishment for kids and adults alike when the need calls for it. The world has grown spoilt from adult children who have no responsibilities and behave like kids . Why flash your boobZ at a religious events. What happened to the moral rights of those people who DO NOT WANT TO see the boobZ. They should be given a hundred lashes each let's see if they'll repeat it at another function. Spoilt brats.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 1:31am On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks oga Roy. smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 3:22am On Sep 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
Thanks oga Roy. smiley

You welcome Boss!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
Okay guys, something happened recently.

I guy got promoted in my office recently (about three weeks ago). So I bump into him and his wife last weekend; after exchanging pleasantries, I congratulated him and his wife on the big promotion. I was shocked to find out his wife did not know about it. He tried to get out of it by saying he wanted to surprise her etc, and they both tried to laugh over it, but I could see the look of anger and disgust on the wife's face as they were leaving.

I felt bad cos it seems like I caused wahala between husband and wife; but really not my fault. I haven't seen the guy since then, but I am just wondering why a man wouldn't tell his wife about such a big promotion. Was a big deal promotion.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

I guy got promoted in my office recently (about three weeks ago). So I bump into him and his wife last weekend; after exchanging pleasantries, I congratulated him and his wife on the big promotion. I was shocked to find out his wife did not know about it. He tried to get out of it by saying he wanted to surprise her etc, and they both tried to laugh over it, but I could see the look of anger and disgust on the wife's face as they were leaving.

I felt bad cos it seems like I caused wahala between husband and wife; but really not my fault. I haven't seen the guy since then, but I am just wondering why a man wouldn't tell his wife about such a big promotion. Was a big deal promotion.

That's really crazy!!! Getting promoted and not telling your wife?

I assume maybe the man is trying to avoid some financial responsibilities.

Maybe they have a percentage of salaries they contribute to a common purse and he doesn't want to chuck in the extra that will accrue due to the promotion.

Lmao!!!

Whatever the situation.... He isn't a very honest man at all.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by thorpido(m): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

The promotion comes with an increase in salary.He probably doesn't want wifey to know there's more money.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
tpiander:

?

undecided undecided Anybody forced you to read or comment?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
RoyalRoy:

That's really crazy!!! Getting promoted and not telling your wife?

I assume maybe the man is trying to avoid some financial responsibilities.

Maybe they have a percentage of salaries they contribute to a common purse and he doesn't want to chuck in the extra that will accrue due to the promotion.

Lmao!!!

Whatever the situation.... He isn't a very honest man at all.

Lol,

That makes sense, cos I was genuinely surprised and even felt embarrased, that see wahala o. But he doesn't look like that kind of person. I just thought things like that should be shared freely between man and wife. But who knows what is really going on?

thorpido:
The promotion comes with an increase in salary. He probably doesn't want wifey to know there's more money.

May be the next thing she'll ask for is vacation abroad. But for me, I will rather refuse my wife her demands than not tell her at all. She cannot remove the money from my pocket na. Worst case, I will just explain that there are several other projects I am working on that we need the money to complete. But I think things like this should be celebrated not hidden.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by thorpido(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

Lol,

That makes sense, cos I was genuinely surprised and even felt embarrased, that see wahala o. But he doesn't look like that kind of person. I just thought things like that should be shared freely between man and wife. But who knows what is really going on?

May the next thing she'll ask for is vacation abroad. But for me, I will rather refuse my wife her demands than not tell her at all. She cannot remove the money from my pocket na. Worst case, I will just explain that there are several other projects I am working on that we need the money to complete. But I think things like this should be celebrated not hidden.
This is how to deal with such a case.Truly,the moment women know you've got extra cash,they would want to get something that has been on their mind.Once you explain that the money will go into projects,a good woman should reason with you.
I know it's not in all families that the spouse's income is known.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

Ahh you don cause wahala oo. There is a rule among some men that dont allow your wife to know truly how much you earn.

Some women are very unreasonable with finances. Thats when she would realize their house is small, not in a good area, some kitchen remoddeling, vacation, Her car makes funny sounds etc

Max the guy gets a 25k raise on his annual pay but the woman would already budget a 100K change in lifestyle

Nashville you have to come up with th extra amount oo

BTW looks like someone has a mad crush on you. You need to see the way she was opening threads all over when you were away. She no know say you madam na Lawyer
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

May be the next thing she'll ask for is vacation abroad. But for me, I will rather refuse my wife her demands than not tell her at all. She cannot remove the money from my pocket na. Worst case, I will just explain that there are several other projects I am working on that we need the money to complete. But I think things like this should be celebrated not hidden.

Oga nashville, Na you dey talk like this? For this America wey we dey so?

Maybe the man makes times 3 or 4 of what the wife takes, By the time starts saying she is unhappy in the marriage because some expenses were denied her and she is being abused financially and emotionally, Find a like minded lawyer who would tell her how much she stands to gain etc. The guy would rather accept her demand no matter how unreasonable they are

I know a couple in their 40's who were getting a divorce. The wife in arbitration got the house, Child support for 3 kids, Half of his 401k (Even though she has hers untouched). An SUV.

The man makes like $5000 per month after tax the wife insisted that after Child support deduction she also wants 1400 every month. The man agreed to 1000 but she insisted
Until they met a judge who was kind enough and threw out her request

Imagine what that your friend stands to lose if he insists on not paying up
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
raumdeuter:

Maybe the man makes times 3 or 4 of what the wife takes, By the time starts saying she is unhappy in the marriage because some expenses were denied her and she is being abused financially and emotionally, Find a like minded lawyer who would tell her how much she stands to gain etc.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Financial and emotional abuse.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
raumdeuter:

Maybe the man makes times 3 or 4 of what the wife takes, By the time starts saying she is unhappy in the marriage because some expenses were denied her and she is being abused financially and emotionally, Find a like minded lawyer who would tell her how much she stands to gain etc. The guy would rather accept her demand no matter how unreasonable they are

I know a couple in their 40's who were getting a divorce. The wife in arbitration got the house, Child support for 3 kids, Half of his 401k (Even though she has hers untouched). An SUV.

The man makes like $5000 per month after tax the wife insisted that after Child support deduction she also wants 1400 every month. The man agreed to 1000 but she insisted
Until they met a judge who was kind enough and threw out her request

Imagine what that your friend stands to lose if he insists on not paying up

Seriously though its ish like this that makes marriage a very risk prospect for men in the West. It is said that 50% of marriages over there today end in divorce, so that dream of happily ever after will remain an illusion for many guys. Aside from the pyschological trauma that a divorce generates the risk of financial ruin adds another painful dimension to it all.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ahh you don cause wahala oo. There is a rule among some men that dont allow your wife to know truly how much you earn.

Some women are very unreasonable with finances. Thats when she would realize their house is small, not in a good area, some kitchen remoddeling, vacation, Her car makes funny sounds etc

Max the guy gets a 25k raise on his annual pay but the woman would already budget a 100K change in lifestyle

Nashville you have to come up with th extra amount oo

BTW looks like someone has a mad crush on you. You need to see the way she was opening threads all over when you were away. She no know say you madam na Lawyer

Me, come up with the amount ke? smiley

I think these things have to be carefully managed. You do not necessarily have to tell your wife how much you earn but at least let her know your position or if you got a promotion. How can you be a general manager and your wife thinks you are just an assistant manager. You can argue that she can figure out your salary if she knows your position.

But as the man you have to be strong. If you get a 100k salary increase, you should build in at least a 30k increase in living standards. At least that will keep the house happy and you can enjoy your new status too. And if your wife was already planning a life of luxury already, then you can come up with the projects story. But be such you have some project to show her at the end of the day.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
ApexTitan:

Seriously though its ish like this that makes marriage a very risk prospect for men in the West. It is said that 50% of marriages over there today end in divorce, so that dream of happily ever after will remain an illusion for many guys. Aside from the pyschological trauma that a divorce generates the risk of financial ruin adds another painful dimension to it all.

My honest view about ish like this is that life itself is a risk. Marriage is a risk like everything else. The fact that there's been a lot of bad stories does not mean one should not do the right thing. If I get a promotion, I will tell my wife; I have never had any reason to doubt her love for me, but if she uses it against me in future; really it's her loss. Cos I will move on with life. I had a similar discussion with some friends recently and we were talking about pre-nups. I said I don't see any reason for it and would never do it.

If I cannot risk my money with a woman, why should I risk my life being married to her? This same woman is my next of kin even for insurance purposes so I don't think even a pre-nup is really worth it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

Me, come up with the amount ke? smiley

I think these things have to be carefully managed. You do not necessarily have to tell your wife how much you earn but at least let her know your position or if you got a promotion. How can you be a general manager and your wife thinks you are just an assistant manager. You can argue that she can figure out your salary if she knows your position.

But as the man you have to be strong. If you get a 100k salary increase, you should build in at least a 30k increase in living standards. At least that will keep the house happy and you can enjoy your new status too. And if your wife was already planning a life of luxury already, then you can come up with the projects story. But be such you have some project to show her at the end of the day.

You know in marriages, "Projects" have to be jointly agreed on and nothing like solo projects o.

It also depends on the person you marry. A wife who spends her whole wages on Louboutin is always broke and the husband is always bailing her out, The man would know not to disclose some financial details else na Neumann Marcus she go report that day

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.