Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (302972 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Just to clarify some things on Sugabelly saga.

She did tell 2 people when it was happening but they didn't help.

She was interning at an IT firm where Mustapha worked at that time. Her internship was important for the honors program she was to start at University in America

She knew who her father was and also knew he didn't want anything to do with her. He had another family and she would see him occasionally. That's a lot for a teenager girl to handle without acting stupid.

She blogged from her pain for years, I read her blog back then and I found it difficult to read cause the emotion there was raw. She was so angry and yet needy. Those who read it that far back knew these names. Mustapha was her boyfriend / lover/ love-vendor.

A lot has been said already and I think username blog wrote it down better than I could.
Absentee parenting just makes children vulnerable very vulnerable.
I do pray she heals finally. She's a brilliant artist

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' grin and 'when you play with fire you are going to get burned'. Sugarbelly is as much as guilty as her accused rapist and I feel no sympathy for her or for Audu. I can't even understand the basis for any kind of compassion towards her. The only lesson I can pick up is to avoid psycho ladies. These women need REHAB.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
netotse:

I agree with what you're saying, the babe made decisions, but at the same time, we must not fail to ask why a 25 year old male would feel a 17 year old intern is best suited to quench/sate his sexual desires/curiousities. This was a girl that had finished secondary school (and had not even entered uni) getting involved with a uni graduate(the guy reach to have pg degree sef), in this scenario who owes who the duty of care? I remember how I was at 25, I didn't have a benz but I was confident as heck, a 17 year old coming to look at me with puppy eyes? I will be formatting and resetting her brain like it was a pen drive grin. Heck even in uni sef, it seemed somehow to be toasting all them jambites when we were in final year the levels of reasoning cannot possibly match.

There has to be something wrong with a mindset that would seek to exploit such a young girl, granted she might have been forming matured and all (I can imagine her saying "I have a 12am curfew" with a flick of her weave grin) but anyone with a semblance of responsibility should and would have realized that getting involved with her was off limits.

I think we men need to begin to have conversations with each other on what it means to be a man. We cannot claim the place of authority and then watch people misuse said authority and look the other way. We need to be able to call each others' bluff that way when the feminazis or whatever they're called come there's nothing they can accuse us of that we haven't mentioned ourselves.

Which place of authority do men claim

Have u forgotten this is the new age

We are equal in promiscuity

Equal in everything
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good efning o! smiley

Please can someone tell me the name of a wine that I cant remember what its called.

Lemme describe it

Red wine
South African
In a very unusual bottle - bottle is brown and covered in something that looks like woodchips (rough bottle)
Costs about N1700 in supermarkets
I think it begins with M

Thanks
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by hariorh: 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
tearoses:
Good efning o! smiley

Please can someone tell me the name of a wine that I cant remember what its called.

Lemme describe it

Red wine
South African
In a very unusual bottle - bottle is brown and covered in something that looks like woodchips (rough bottle)
Costs about N1700 in supermarkets
I think it begins with M

Thanks

One red wine I know of like that...
Kagor?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
hariorh:

One red wine I know of like that...
Kagor?

undecided

Wow That was quick - nairalanders are the best grin grin grin
Thank you very much
Its the one
Dunno where I got the M from
and ir wasnt south African after all embarassed

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Regarding the sugarbelly case

I would say the bulk of the blame goes to the parent aka the mother for such irresponsible parenting. Her daughter was raped by one of her numerous boyfriends and a 17yr old was given a 12midnight curfew. Really?

Then to Audu for taking excessive advantage of a girl who was immature out for the fun and hanging out with rich guys then the girl too for making poor decisions

Regarding statutory rape, that would be applicable if we have a recognized age of consent in Nigeria but we dont. Audu would claim everything was done consensually
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

Equal in everything
And a man of 25 is equals in everything with a girl of 17 Abi?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:11am On Dec 01, 2015
freecocoa:
And a man of 25 is equals in everything with a girl of 17 Abi?

That one is age inequality

However the truth is that the age of consent means different things to many people

I hope that is standardized soon so there is no ambiguity
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
tearoses:

Wow That was quick - nairalanders are the best grin grin grin Thank you very much Its the one Dunno where I got the M from and ir wasnt south African after all embarassed
Think you got the M from the 'Moldova'
Welcome to December everyone.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
pickabeau1:

Equal in everything

Na from village I go carry wife o...you k ow some of us can't handle these high flying babes.

@mindfulness
Thanks, t'was probably something in the water, I usually don't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:31am On Dec 02, 2015
netotse:
Some babe was in a relationship with the late Kogi state govs son a few years back, it wasn't a healthy relationship, according to her, he made her sleep with his friends and brothers several times and treated her like crap. They met when she was undergoing an internship where he worked years back. He was 25 she was 17. It's the usual naija thing, some people are asking her why she kept going back, some are calling the guy a rapist etc etc.

The recent rash of popularity is because she was jubilating on twitter when the former gov (and at the time of his passing, guber candidate) passed away. The gist had actually come out years ago (she blogged about it).

Hi Netotse, apologies, I’ve been busy. I’ve had a cursory read of some of the comments, but in truth, there is really no need for me to have a sound grasp of the details of this case to write generically about such instances.

I often mention having consistent and end-to-end patterns of thinking. In 2012, we had a discussion on this section about the rights of parents to demand their children remained pure until marriage, as best for them, and especially if that was demanded by the faith of the parents.

Almost everyone derided my position and claimed I was both naive and controlling. The near consensus was that there was no way I could expect young women, especially in tertiary education, not to be sexually active. The main concern was actually about preventing unfortunate outcomes, the main one being an unwanted pregnancy.

I went on to point out other adverse outcomes, such as STD’s, abuse, attendant baggage etc., no takers. It was actually on a thread about a young woman whose mother wanted her to marry a set man in his thirties after graduating. But as often happens, conversations morph. I went looking for it, but again, as often happens, it was locked and deleted?

I was so gobsmacked, I repeated the question on another thread – same outcome;
https://www.nairaland.com/1084309/debrief-cotton101-those-came-out/19#12739295
https://www.nairaland.com/1084309/debrief-cotton101-those-came-out/16#12733260

My conclusion then and now;
https://www.nairaland.com/1084309/debrief-cotton101-those-came-out/27#12762743
https://www.nairaland.com/1084309/debrief-cotton101-those-came-out/27#12763249

On statutory rape; even in most Western countries, such laws are rarely applied in an open and shut manner, cases are typically nuanced, with the overriding principle being one of preventing exploitation.

Western countries are not actually particular about females being sexually active at a young/minor age. The UK for example will provide contraception for pre-teens and teenagers – even allowing them to undergo abortions, or give out children for adoption – without their parents knowledge.

And the adoption point I know for sure. A girl came to study in the UK, had a baby and returned to Nigeria having given the baby up. It was only discovered because the NHS sent her a letter, which was opened by someone at the address she had her mail redirected to.

We had another thread on this section - the debate of 2013 in December of that year. I recall Obinoscopy' winning final entry, it cited the research that shows youngsters typically don't reach full maturity till around 24 anyway. Notions of statutory rape are just a ruse.

Ewuro4, your message is powerful and important. Please keep stressing it. It’s not just abuse or exploitation. Without the tight-marking of parents or something almost exactly like, it’s so easy to lose focus, lack discipline, and underachieve.

Secondly, it’s odd that women are just screaming statutory rape as if that’s the be all and end all of this issue. In the instance mentioned, would what she claims to have gone through be ok if she were 18, 19, 20 or even older - and fully consensual? It’s also hypocritical, because on one hand, the cry is for sexual freedom, on the other, it’s pleading statutory rape when the freedom is enjoyed without maturity or restraint and there are painful consequences.

When you play the free for all sexual game, you can’t really legislate for foul play – and even where you do, and enforce it, the damage is rarely reversible. Plus, rights can only be expansive – which 17 year old will think it fair if she is denied what an 18 year old is – what difference does 1 day actually make? And down the age- line, as teenagers become more precocious and exposed to early sexualisation. Even if we take the girls word at face-value and thoroughly excoriate the accused, nothing will change if the game doesn't.

I am an unabashed Christian and will happily go with biblical writ without understanding why. But here we can clearly see the damage that can ensue. I remain more than happy to be labelled naive and controlling.

Pertinent to note in the two big instances of abuse/fraud we have had on here recently, a broken family structure has been evident. I will remain a firm advocate of stigmatising out of wedlock pregnancy and divorce, and counselling NSBM . Happy to be labelled for that as well.

One of the Kardashians started dating Tyga the rapper when she was 17 and he was 25. Why didn’t Feminists and SJW pursue this as a case of statutory rape? Why wasn’t he charged?

Funnily enough, most sexually precocious teenage girls have no truck with boys their own age. Someone I dated told me how after a while she started to see her – first – age-mate boyfriend like a ”small boy” and ditched him for an older “more mature” man.

Hypocrites everywhere, foaming at the mouth at the outworking of what they themselves agitate for.

TV
John 3 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:25am On Dec 02, 2015
netotse:

Na from village I go carry wife o...you k ow some of us can't handle these high flying babes.

@mindfulns
Thanks, t'was probably something in the water, I usually don't make sense.

Lol....no drama guy
I feel u
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
This sugabelly case is interesting.

She is traumatized, scorned and feels used and dumped. She but feel terrible after all that happened. But let's take a critical look.

A young lady continually has consensual sex with the same person and even his friends and then wants to claim rape? She even acknowledged some of the guys involved were younger than her - so who was raping who?

And even after she turned 18 and 19 and 20, she still wanted to get back with the rapist? Statutory rape indeed.

Some people claiming statutory rape have mothers that gave birth at 18. Should their fathers also be charged for statutory rape?

Would sugabelly had dated a 25 year old son of a very poor man. Let's say some ragged guy toasted her, who she have fallen easily? I doubt it.

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
Barack Obama was born when his mom was exactly 18yrs and 8months his dad was 26yrs old

Who can guess when they started having sex and what age both of them were

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:
Barack Obama was born when his mom was exactly 18yrs and 8months his dad was 26yrs old

There's the possibility he was born premature grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by itstpia8: 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

His grandmother had his mum when she was 20. She married right out of high school, @ 18.

In the 40s through the 60s, such scenarios were common.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
So we are officially at war sad
People please be extra careful
May Gods protection be upon us all and may we not be caught up in this
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
NashvilleTN:
This sugabelly case is interesting.

She is traumatized, scorned and feels used and dumped. She but feel terrible after all that happened. But let's take a critical look.

A young lady continually has consensual sex with the same person and even his friends and then wants to claim rape? She even acknowledged some of the guys involved were younger than her - so who was raping who?

And even after she turned 18 and 19 and 20, she still wanted to get back with the rapist? Statutory rape indeed.

Some people claiming statutory rape have mothers that gave birth at 18. Should their fathers also be charged for statutory rape?

Would sugabelly had dated a 25 year old son of a very poor man. Let's say some ragged guy toasted her, who she have fallen easily? I doubt it.

Logically what you said made sense
However this girl was/is damaged.
I read her background and didn't wish that on anyone.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
5minsmadness:
grin

Wishing u all the best in your family endeavours.

Data Protection? cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 4nobody4every1: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
5minsmadness:
grin

Wishing u all the best in your family endeavours.

Hmmmm grin cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ah,
why was the post hidden na?
I didnt reveal anything did I? I was as ambiguous as possible.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
5minsmadness:
Ah,
why was the post hidden na?
I didnt reveal anything did I? I was as ambiguous as possible.

Lol....trying to protect u from your boss!!

grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
tearoses:
So we are officially at war sad
People please be extra careful
May Gods protection be upon us all and may we not be caught up in this

Are we?
Any statement from the mallam?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Lol....trying to protect u from your boss!!

grin
Ranka dede sir!
I've been keeping it in all week grin
Oh well, I'm used to keeping secrets grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ranka dede sir!
I've been keeping it in all week grin
Oh well, I'm used to keeping secrets grin

grin grin grin

Na So!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
@Royalroy
can you help ask the powers that be something?

there used to be a feature that allowed you to view a thread in a print(er?)-friendly format on NL, I've been looking for it for a while, is it still available?

reason is there's a 100-and-something page thread I'd like to read and the print friendly version has/had more posts per page.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
tearoses:

Logically what you said made sense
However this girl was/is damaged.
I read her background and didn't wish that on anyone.

Wish what exactly

The main issue is the age

If she was 18...will u bat an eyelid?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Wish what exactly

The main issue is the age

If she was 18...will u bat an eyelid?

The main issue to me is that this man took advantage of a clearly damaged and vulnerable gitl who was looking for love and acceptance
Even if she were 23 I will still condemn what happened
She has a mental age of only God knows
She was raped by her mothers bf
no father figure
and she had low self esteem

The man knew that and took advantage
the wife he married did he give her round to his friends and brother to sample first?
No . . because he knows right from wrong but choose not to do right by firmly closing the door to such an unhealthy relationship with sugarbelly or whats her name.

He could have treated her like a kid sister and firmly walked her out of his life bit he choose to take advantage of her vulnerability.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

Are we?
Any statement from the mallam?

Yes
Air strikes have started
The UK is now at threat of a revenge terrorist attack.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
tearoses:

The main issue to me is that this man took advantage of a clearly damaged and vulnerable gitl who was looking for love and acceptance
Even if she were 23 I will still condemn what happened
She has a mental age of only God knows
She was raped by her mothers bf
no father figure
and she had low self esteem

The man knew that and took advantage
the wife he married did he give her round to his friends and brother to sample first?
No . . because he knows right from wrong but choose not to do right by firmly closing the door to such an unhealthy relationship with sugarbelly or whats her name.

He could have treated her like a kid sister and firmly walked her out of his life bit he choose to take advantage of her vulnerability.

These girls feel they know the lay of the land

Why deny them their time in the sun

If you tell them you are old school

I tell u the age (below 18) is the main issue

Its the new age of promiscuity

Everything goes

Have u forgotten the best seller of last year.. 50 shades of grey

Bondage sex is now mainstream

The account u read is child's play

More shockers will surface from other girls

Na today

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.