Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (302939 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:00am On May 02, 2016
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:02am On May 02, 2016
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 10:08am On May 02, 2016
Wow, happy workers day my people; great insights on this thread.

For me, I will say that one of the biggest attributes that defines a man is his ability to provide financially for his family. Once he cannot do that for an extended period, there will be problems. Don't get me wrong; marriage is not competition and a wife can earn more than her husband without any issues. But when the woman is the sole bread-winner and the man ain't earning much. I tell you; there is a 99% chance the marriage is doomed.

We can defend the woman or commiserate with the man all day long; but what makes that male a man is almost gone! He will have issues with himself and his wife will have issues with him. Even the kids will have issues with him.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 10:18am On May 02, 2016
To talk about Tiwa and Tbillz.

Both were wrong. For Tbillz to have blamed the whole world including his father shows he lacks maturity. How can a 40 year old man blame his father for his failures in life and then go to claim that his mother in law is using witchcraft to make Tiwa a star at his own expense. That is childish. The moment Tiwa fired him as manager, he should have seen the hand-writing on the wall and tried to take his future into his hands. Dude, it means you have no income, so you cannot continue to live the big-boi life. The moment he was fired, he should have tried to pick up his life and finances not continue rolling with guys like Banky W and P Square. The other accusations will always come - cocaine, cheating etc. I am sure his using cocaine wasn't the reason Tiwa divorced him; all of that was just to make him look like lucifer.

As for Tiwa, a man that will leave his wife and two kids will surely cheat on you at some point. I really don't have all the details of the story, but I still Tiwa was harsh to have fired him as her manager knowing fully well he had no other source of income. She said he was stealing from her; but I am not sure that is enough for you to just fire him like that. Once she fired him; she left him completely naked and he became depressed. I think they could have resolved the money issue internally without firing him. And I really don't think she was sleeping with Don-Jazzy and Dr. Sid; at least not after marriage.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:21am On May 02, 2016
NashvilleTN:

For me, I will say that one of the biggest attributes that defines a man is his ability to provide financially for his family. Once he cannot do that for an extended period, there will be problems. Don't get me wrong; marriage is not competition and a wife can earn more than her husband without any issues. But when the woman is the sole bread-winner and the man ain't earning much. I tell you; there is a 99% chance the marriage is doomed.

We can defend the woman or commiserate with the man all day long; but what makes that male a man is almost gone! He will have issues with himself and his wife will have issues with him. Even the kids will have issues with him.

Tearoses, Edwife, raumdeteur

Your views on Nashville's thoughts pls
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:25am On May 02, 2016
the question is can Tbillz pull a Dr Dre, leave it all behind, start again from scratch and build an new empire?

or was Tiwa his one hit wonder cash cow that has stopped giving?

that is also a large part of the issue. and it applies in life in general. if a person or entity is your sole source of income, and it is clear that you are not much without that person, you will have to take sheet.

we all joke about it - if i didnt have dependents would i be taking this nonsesnse from so and so?

tbillz gambled on tiwa and it paid off; but he failed to take it to the next level; it was all about tiwa.

even worse is he decided to run things like a naija ceo, raiding his own company, while forgetting he didn't have full control over the source of the money.

the whole suicide and instagram meltdown says he has already given up - otherwise he could have said fk it, leave tiwa and jamil [he has already done that before] and try to start again

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:29am On May 02, 2016
Help! I have a crush on these ladies:
Zainab Balogun
Toke Makinwa
Chidinma
Cossy Orjiakor
Linda Ikeji
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 10:33am On May 02, 2016
CFCman:
Help! I have a crush on these ladies:
Zainab Balogun
Toke Makinwa
Chidinma
Cossy Orjiakor
Linda Ikeji
Lol.

Go for all of them, polygamy is allowed.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2016
A40:

True. Just amusing that in this day and age people are not adjusting to the reality of the times we are in

To some anything monetary is solely the man's responsibility. Spending is and should be their only contribution

For me I believe there should be no boundaries, Ideally if you are buoyant enough as the man you should settle all the bills. However in the event that you are not I don't think there is a need to beg your life partner to play a role in a venture in which she is also a stakeholder. I don't like it when people have a close mind when it comes to these things. Do not feel like you are doing your husband a favor especially if its on a temporary basis

It always is but a woman is supposed to be the Helpmate for a reason. Might as well get a surrogate mother than a woman who thinks contributing to her children's education is a taboo
...for me it's fundamental to the nature of the union. I cannot consider a woman with that mindset - mine is ours and hers is hers - as fully invested in me and our union. In essence I wouldn't consider her a wife, or that a marriage. The key is to discerning that before and not after.

It would be great if a man could comfortably fund everything. But even if he can and the woman is earning a "mite", that mite should be pooled and go towards the betterment of the whole family. So I agree, "no boundaries"

If a man can do all of the above and more, and the situation changes, with the woman being the one who can, what has changed in a one-flesh union? Nothing really. Certain structural changes may be required but nothing fundamental has changed.

If a woman willingly enters a union with a man with whom she does or may potentially earn more, that does not change the dynamic in the least. She's a wife and he's a husband.

It's why I differentiate between the burger marriage and the chateaubriand union. If you know what goes into burgers, you won't chop grin

TV

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:09am On May 02, 2016
tearoses:

So you have obtained your freedom from Bellong the resident babalawo
I better be careful then grin

She is still an half baked graduate, patronize her at your own peril.

Disclaimer notice, Kimoni is yet to complete her apprenticeship. She may not know how to use the little power given her correctly.

She only knows the bad part as at today.

Stay clear of her till I bring her back to the shrine.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:15am On May 02, 2016
bellong:

She is still an half baked graduate, patronize her at your own peril.

Disclaimer notice, Kimoni is yet to complete her apprenticeship. She may not know how to use the little power given her correctly.

She only knows the bad part as at today.

Stay clear of her till I bring her back to the shrine.

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by temi4fash(m): 11:15am On May 02, 2016
NashvilleTN:

What of cases where the man cannot help it?

With everything he does she still earns more than him what does he do?

Mr TV01,

I have been following writing for more than a year now and I want to say I have really been blessed by it.

My question is

1. What should be the core values a marriage in these our time be uphelod with?

2. How would a man with out enough experience in the womantology field be able to decipher a woman with a high body count and a woman woth no good.

3. From your experience, what are the basic things a man is supposed to look out for in a woman before he walks down the aisle with her

4, lastly, I have these stuffs about God revealing your spouse to you and thr likes in church when you wait upon him. Is it balid and if it is, Does it mean the woman automatically have those characteristics?

Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 11:16am On May 02, 2016
TV01:

...for me it's fundamental to the nature of the union. I cannot consider a woman with that mindset - mine is ours and hers is hers - as fully invested in me and our union. In essence I wouldn't consider her a wife, or that a marriage. The key is to discerning that before and not after.

It would be great if a man could comfortably fund everything. But even if he can and the woman is earning a "mite", that mite should be pooled and go towards the betterment of the whole family. So I agree, "no boundaries"

If a man can do all of the above and more, and the situation changes, with the woman being the one who can, what has changed in a one-flesh union? Nothing really. Certain structural changes may be required but nothing fundamental has changed.

If a woman willingly enters a union with a man with whom she does or may potentially earn more, that does not change the dynamic in the least. She's a wife and he's a husband.

It's why I differentiate between the burger marriage and the chateaubriand union. If you know what goes into burgers, you won't chop grin

TV

Bro, you are talking about the ideal situation and I agree with you nothing has changed. But in the real world, a lot changes. Even if she were the wonderful wife; her surroundings will influence her. Her friends and family will start asking questions and putting ideas in her head. On the man's side, he may begin to read meanings to simple things - even his family may join him in that.

God made the man the head for a reason. When the equilibrium is completely inverted for an extended period; it brings alot of troubles. Each case may be different but the end results are similar.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2016
NashvilleTN:

Bro, you are talking about the ideal situation and I agree with you nothing has changed. But in the real world, a lot changes. Even if she were the wonderful wife; her surroundings will influence her. Her friends and family will start asking questions and putting ideas in her head. On the man's side, he may begin to read meanings to simple things - even his family may join him in that.

God made the man the head for a reason. When the equilibrium is completely inverted for an extended period; it brings alot of troubles. Each case may be different but the end results are similar.
Nothing has changed - agreed. So any changes are a result of mindset, attitude and beliefs. You cannot call her a "wonderful wife" if the situation changes her attitude. She is at best a "contingent wonderful wife" - and all women are grin.

Now, to be sure, I am not talking about a lousy or immature husband. That should have been a non-starter in the first place. But if a man is conducting himself aright and the financial situation changes - say her earning go stratospheric due to winning a talent show grin - he is still the same good man and dutiful husband as before. However her earnings are now transformational to their situation, and if she is indeed a "wonderful wife" (unqualified), nothing much changes in their union.

That is what I preach, that is what I practice. Aspirational marriage true to it's essence, not some contrived, self-serving transactional arrangement. It may fall a little short, but it is worth shooting for. If you eat cheap greasy burger, be prepared for tummy ache, flatulence and spots cheesy

@temi4fash - I dey come.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:44am On May 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:52am On May 02, 2016
TV01:

TV

"Everything" here is relative. Pls define everything?

TV, if you had grown up kids who are starting to earn "mites", would you also mandate them to compulsorily spend it on family projects you the family head will outline for them, because they are still under your roof? Or you will give them the freewill to spend it believing that the training you have given them over the years is enough to guide them on the right priorities of expending the money?
If no, what has changed? If yes but they say no, would you consider them not your children because they refused? Or you would consider yourself a failure maybe?

I'm not sure I totally get this 'no boundaries' you just explained here but how is it different from those who preach "anybody can do anything" in the home? i.e no role demarcations?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:00pm On May 02, 2016
TV01:

Nothing has changed - agreed. So any changes are a result of mindset, attitude and beliefs. You cannot call her a "wonderful wife" if the situation changes her attitude. She is at best a "contingent wonderful wife" - and all women are grin.

Now, to be sure, I am not talking about a lousy or immature husband. That should have been a non-starter in the first place. But if a man is conducting himself aright and the financial situation changes - say her earning go stratospheric due to winning a talent show grin - he is still the same good man and dutiful husband as before. However her earnings are now transformational to their situation, and if she is indeed a "wonderful wife" (unqualified), nothing much changes in their union.

That is what I preach, that is what I practice. Aspirational marriage true to it's essence, not some contrived, self-serving transactional arrangement. It may fall a little short, but it is worth shooting for. If you eat cheap greasy burger, be prepared for tummy ache, flatulence and spots cheesy

@temi4fash - I dey come.

TV

TV!!!!!!!! You are always talking of perfect scenarios which is hardly obtainable in real life. Perfect husband, perfect wife - which market do you buy this biko? Pls show me

LMAO@contingent wonderful wife. Everybody is a contingent somebody else. Is that not why we pray not to be tempted above that which we can bear?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:13pm On May 02, 2016
temi4fash:
What of cases where the man cannot help it?

With everything he does she still earns more than him what does he do?
"Earning more" is not in and of itself a problem, after all it may be marginal. The crux is the attitude they both have. To me - and slightly ironically - while a man is to provide, not being able to solely provide does not change roles or his headship.

It's a fact of life that in many places - especially the West - two incomes are usually required for a decent standard o fliving. In fact many men will not countenance a non-earning woman as a wife. That's the reality we live in. But as stated above, I don't believe everything hinges on finances.

temi4fash:
Mr TV01,

I have been following writing for more than a year now and I want to say I have really been blessed by it.
Thank you. Really appreciated. Given what I returned to find, I was seriously considering taking off again. This is encouraging.

temi4fash:
1. What should be the core values a marriage in these our time be uphelod with?
If for each man to determine himself. But whatever he determines, lays emphasis on and pursues, he takes responsibility for. Taking responsibility is a key virtue.

It's why I stress having a well-articulated world-view - even if only in regards marriage (mine is Christian), finding someone that shares it, and having a vision for your union and ensuring she buys into it - or that you jointly map one out.

temi4fash:
2. How would a man with out enough experience in the womantology field be able to decipher a woman with a high body count and a woman woth no good.
1. Study her - listen to how she discusses sex and - what you consider - sexual impropriety. How suggestive and how forward she is, how she dresses, what makes her blush. Listen to how she comments on issues - even like the one on question now.
2. Ask, but not before you are seriously thinking about committing - otherwise it's not strictly your business

temi4fash:
3. From your experience, what are the basic things a man is supposed to look out for in a woman before he walks down the aisle with her
I would hope I've already started to answer that above. But there are a number of things inter-alia;
1. A shared word-view, purpose and vision regards marriage - even if some of the detail differs, or is left undiscussed
2. A deep mutual affection and fondness for one another - you should be day-dreaming about your old age with this person
3. An expectation that the union persists come hell or high water
4. Trust

temi4fash:
4, lastly, I have these stuffs about God revealing your spouse to you and thr likes in church when you wait upon him. Is it balid and if it is, Does it mean the woman automatically have those characteristics?
"Let it be unto you according to your faith". I believe both pathways - or a combination - are fine;
1. You are god-fearing and go in search of a wife with understanding and discernment, committing your way to God
2. You wait on God (whilst presumably doing other stuff grin) for a wife.

Either way, God is in it, and will meet you at the point of your need. But understand it may not be what you want, but what you need for God to complete his purpose in you wink.

temi4fash:
Thank you in advance
You are most welcome. Apologies for the brief response. let me know if anything is unclear or requires more detail.

May your feet tread in pleasant places. May you find your bone and your flesh.

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 02, 2016
But if a man is conducting himself aright and the financial situation changes - say her earning go stratospheric due to winning a talent show grin - he is still the same good man and dutiful husband as before. However her earnings are now transformational to their situation, and if she is indeed a "wonderful wife" (unqualified), nothing much changes in their union.

so what happens with our fairytale jumoke the bread seller?

there is no way her husband can keep up with her stratospheric rise.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 12:26pm On May 02, 2016
tearoses:
[center][/center]

Please don't believe everything you are told
Some just say silly things to form "enlightened"
If the man is going through financial difficulty then Let the kids stay at home if they wont put their money towards their own kids school fees.
Are they not her kids too? or are they my kids? as if on graduation day wont she tie her gele and say my son, my daughter?
If I was a man, I would never respect a woman who cant stand in the gap when I am unavailable.

Really I couldn't explain or put my disappointment that day into words. Like is it Aso-ebi or jewelry you would be buying with your money? Their theory was that you are no longer the man the moment they start to chip in their contribution for their own children's school fees. Lol so if I chip in with funds for the groceries and housekeep that means you are no longer the woman?

In today's Nigeria. Anu won se mi
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2016
oyb:

so what happens with our fairytale jumoke the bread seller?

there is no way her husband can keep up with her stratospheric rise.
We shall see won't we grin.

In any event it is not in itself cause for a fundamental change - in his or her attitude, or their union.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2016
Kimoni:

Hahahahahahaha I have not read and don't know where A40 is coming from but just want to quickly make this distinction.

Tearoses, 'enlightened' women are the ones who actually believe a woman can step into a man's role, temporarily or permanently. They don't mind being the breadwinner while their husbands become househusbands. I'm sure this is the new generation way of thinking. However, women who still believe in role segregation are termed 'traditional' and 'unenlightened'.

Concerning Dayo's post, let's not even get too theoretical. So in this Tsquare's case, they should have combined funds right? Tearoses/Dayo, what do you think would have happened to the joint account if they both had one?

Tearoses, i'm trying hard not to apportion blames to this couple but one of Tiwa's errors is taking up her husband's responsibility for too long. She asked for pampers money too late in the day. She should have been asking him to fulfill his responsibilities from day one. Not when you realise he still has enough money for hotel bills and posh cars. You have to force some men to fulfill their responsibility(guys, kill me for this but it's true), they may not like it initially, and may not like you for it, but they will never accuse you of taking their "manhood" from them. And that ego which matters to them a lot remains intact.

Let's not get too theoretical with these things ma'am. Real people, real issues, real solutions. What works wonders in A's home will turn a disaster if applied in B's home. Tailor made solutions for every family.
Ideally it should be temporarily as for me the lines should even be blurred. Na both of una get the house at the end of the day. Provided either spouse is responsible I don't see why you should complain about providing for your own family. There are many women in financial bondage that would kill to be in the position of a breadwinner. People should always apply perspective into whatever they do

In Tiwa's case it is obvious one party was not responsible so IMO the joint thing flies out of the window. That only applies to a couple who are devoted to each other.

Tiwa was definitely an enabler no doubt about it, you don't buy a Benz for a ninja that is not making steady dough. If he was a self respecting dude he would ask her to channel it into an income generating business. Poultry and livestock business dey, Building materials, Even Bet9ja dey (aja n sare owo n jonaa)

Either way I would never believe or encourage role segregation because anything can happen at anytime. The man could up and leave when the burden becomes too much, he could lose his job, his life. How does the woman who is not used to picking up tabs adjust?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
Kimoni:
"Everything" here is relative. Pls define everything?
"Provision" housing, food, clothing, fees, more or less.

Kimoni:
TV, if you had grown up kids who are starting to earn "mites", would you also mandate them to compulsorily spend it on family projects you the family head will outline for them, because they are still under your roof? Or you will give them the freewill to spend it believing that the training you have given them over the years is enough to guide them on the right priorities of expending the money?
If no, what has changed? If yes but they say no, would you consider them not your children because they refused? Or you would consider yourself a failure maybe?
This is a moot question. In an (my?) Xtian world-view, parents provide for children, not the other way round. I invest in my children so they can invest in their futures (i.e. their kids), not my present. But yes, I would expect godly and responsible stewardship - after all, l wouldn't want them to squander whatever we pass on to them would l grin. My failure would be to not inculcate stewardship and responsibility in them, not commandeer their earning cheesy

Kimoni:
I'm not sure I totally get this 'no boundaries' you just explained here but how is it different from those who preach "anybody can do anything" in the home? i.e no role demarcations?
You are equating headship with finances. It is not a direct co-relation. A man is to provide, yes, but that does not mean a woman does not invest what she has in the home/family, or that anything she has remains under her sole purview. To me, that view already starts to lose the essence of "oneship".

A husband is head solely by virtue of his being a husband, not by virtue of being richer.

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2016
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2016
Kimoni:
TV!!!!!!!! You are always talking of perfect scenarios which is hardly obtainable in real life. Perfect husband, perfect wife - which market do you buy this biko? Pls show me
Determine what you want to buy before heading to market. If it's not readily obtainable employ patience and dilligence. Don't simply rock up to market and make impulse buys wink

Kimoni:
LMAO@contingent wonderful wife. Everybody is a contingent somebody else. Is that not why we pray not to be tempted above that which we can bear?
The less "oneness", the more contingent. Don't be rushed into impulse purchases. Negotiate on price, not on product cheesy

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 12:54pm On May 02, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin do your part in the house, where I see we need to upgrade, I'll gladly upgrade. But don't start planning and drawing budget on my pay, e no go work tongue grin

If the man also married right, he should trust her to do something tangible with her earnings. If she spends it frivolously, then he needs to question his choice of wife and his own decision making. So we are back to square one, marry right tongue grin
It's not only women that should be getting knocks for marrying wrongly naa
On your pay. Good! Now imagine the man has the same approach. Then imagine he is an akagum or worse an irresponsible man. The kids will definitely suffer.

Please there is a difference between wife and girlfriend ooh. Your pay is your pay and his pay is our pay?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 02, 2016
A40:

Really I couldn't explain or put my disappointment that day into words. Like is it Aso-ebi or jewelry you would be buying with your money? Their theory was that you are no longer the man the moment they start to chip in their contribution for their own children's school fees. Lol so if I chip in with funds for the groceries and housekeep that means you are no longer the woman?

In today's Nigeria. Anu won se mi

in a different thread, a guy said that there is NO TRUE NIGERIAN FEMINIST.

i guess you could say naija women want liberation [freedom to earn a salary] without the responsibility [ using that salary to support the family] that comes with it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 1:00pm On May 02, 2016
NashvilleTN:
To talk about Tiwa and Tbillz.

As for Tiwa, a man that will leave his wife and two kids will surely cheat on you at some point. I really don't have all the details of the story, but I still Tiwa was harsh to have fired him as her manager knowing fully well he had no other source of income. She said he was stealing from her; but I am not sure that is enough for you to just fire him like that. Once she fired him; she left him completely naked and he became depressed. I think they could have resolved the money issue internally without firing him. And I really don't think she was sleeping with Don-Jazzy and Dr. Sid; at least not after marriage.
Please when someone is stealing from you that is more than enough grounds to fire them. We are talking of a potential police case if not for their relationship. Alailojuti ni bobo yen jare. Let us not encourage iranu

If she so wished she could set him up with something completely different from the music industry. Get a lawyer or someone to police him. Its for his own good. He became depressed?

You dey drive Benz dey accumulate hotel bills and you are talking of depression. Ayo lo n kuku se. Oo n yo ni
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2016
oyb:

in a different thread, a guy said that there is NO TRUE NIGERIAN FEMINIST.

i guess you could say naija women want liberation [freedom to earn a salary] without the responsibility [ using that salary to support the family] that comes with it.
Of course they do not exist. They only apply their feminism to where it is convenient for them
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
A40:

Please when someone is stealing from you that is more than enough grounds to fire them. We are talking of a potential police case if not for their relationship. Alailojuti ni bobo yen jare. Let us not encourage iranu

If she so wished she could set him up with something completely different from the music industry. Get a lawyer or someone to police him. Its for his own good. He became depressed?

You dey drive Benz dey accumulate hotel bills and you are talking of depression. Ayo lo n kuku se. Oo n yo ni

Well, I already blamed Tbillz for his lifestyle so we are agreed on that. All I said is that they could have resolved it amicably without ending the business relationship. They are now husband and wife so they cannot see things solely from a business perspective. They could have worked things out on the business side. The marriage ended the day she fired him; they were just living on borrowed time. Trust was gone, jealousy stepped in. From then they became competitors as he now needed to prove a point to her. And of course, Don Jazzy will be a suspect as the new manager

I am not saying Tbillz is a good guy neither am I justifying his shameful behavior. If my wife and I were partners in business and she took money from me; I may not necessarily terminate the business relationship especially if she would have nothing else to do or if I remember she set me up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 1:29pm On May 02, 2016
NashvilleTN:

Well, I already blamed Tbillz for his lifestyle so we are agreed on that. All I said is that they could have resolved it amicably without ending the business relationship. They are now husband and wife so they cannot see things solely from a business perspective. They could have worked things out on the business side. The marriage ended the day she fired him; they were just living on borrowed time. Trust was gone, jealousy stepped in. From then they became competitors as he now needed to prove a point to her. And of course, Don Jazzy will be a suspect as the new manager

I am not saying Tbillz is a good guy neither am I justifying his shameful behavior. If my wife and I were partners in business and she took money from me; I may not necessarily terminate the business relationship especially if she would have nothing else to do or if I remember she set me up.
Once someone starts to steal from you I'm sorry there is nothing to resolve. What did he do with the funds? Why would you be in a business relationship with someone that is stealing from you? This is why people tend not to involve family in their business and this is what Tiwa probably tried to do. I give her 0% blame for doing that. There was nothing to work out. The best she could do is set him up somewhere else entirely and provide check and balance measures to ensure her investment is not squandered. While I believe a woman has a role to contribute I won't hold brief for a man that is stealing from his wife.

The trust was gone but who broke it? It was the husband's job to earn it back. If I am in business with my wife and she steals money from our business that could potentially land me in trouble na Auf wiederschen be that. If that is going to be the coup de grace to our marriage then so be it. It is better you set them up elsewhere than for them to kill you with hypertension
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On May 02, 2016
I agree with the perspective Nashville has brought into this

We are all acting on the assumption that all Tiwa said is right. Should we also agree that all Teebillz said was right? e.g she was actively sleeping with guys while in the marriage, she never cared about her union etc?

I believe both of them added extras to it, but if we are to believe one persons extras should we also believe the other sides extras?

2. Tiwa lost interest in the marriage because the guy wasnt holding his side financially. The moment she fired him then that is the end of the marriage. All those behavior he was doing it before they married, Tiwa cant tell us she didnt know he was fuckkingg around, sniffing coke smoking weed or was reckless. Most of the guys in the music industry are like that and in her bid to get fame she wasnt in a position to complain about his irresponsibility

A40, If you have a business and your wife is the manager she is stealing from you, Would you fire her completely? If after you fire her and know she doesnt have any income then would you go to meet her to pay for electricity bills since she still had money to make her hair? Any man who does that surely is looking for a way to provoke the wife and possibly end the marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.