Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (301770 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

Hmm..... You are showing Mushin side of you bah.. cheesy

Mummy in Isreal no reach for her... Mummy "gbogbo aiye", sounds better cool

grin grin grin grin Don't ask me jamb kweshun o. O ti ye mummy ...............na TV01 coin the appellation on another thread.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin Don't ask me jamb kweshun o. O ti ye mummy ...............na TV01 coin the appellation on another thread.

oh ok... I have been MIA for long in this part of Nairaland world... Mama ni Isreali, e ku ro le ma in Naijababe's voice
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
TV01, how does Mother-in-Zion sound for Grandma Tearoses?. I think it would fit perfectly.
grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

It is an emphatic greeting........I can't just say eku'role ma to the our very own mummy in Israel ni. Besides, I am not TV01 or kimoni, I murder English and Yoruba equally so I won't be accused of being partial to English lipsrsealed

Emi ati English bawo? You no see the kain epistle wey Damiso type for that thread ni?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

Emi ati English bawo? You no see the kain epistle wey Damiso type for that thread ni?

Me sef see the essay I shock, kon begin wonder if na the same Damiso I know cheesy

On your day kimoni, your Engrish pass TV01 own sef, the only Oga you have in that respect is Efe.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

Me sef see the essay I shock, kon begin wonder if na the same Damiso I know cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin the thing pass essay o, e reach Phd thesis. How person go go work, do bricklayer work finish, come dey type that kain thing? I hail Damiso walahi

On your day kimoni, your Engrish pass TV01 own sef, the only Oga you have in that respect is Efe.

lol...no day like that naijababe. In my Ijebu accent, "ee se mi"
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin the thing pass essay o, e reach Phd thesis.

What part of Ijebu are you from?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

What part of Ijebu are you from?

Lol...why do you ask? The correct Ijebu.

Said it severally on this forum though.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

Which one is correct Ijebu?

The jazz type? tongue tongue

I am getting old, I don't remember some things... cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin the thing pass essay o, e reach Phd thesis. How person go go work, do bricklayer work finish, come dey type that kain thing? I hail Damiso walahi

Yeah right! The next time I stumble on your essay, I will remind you of this moment.

BTW, I am looking for someone who is working as a financial planner and has done some of the professional exams. I want to go the short-cut route.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

Which one is correct Ijebu?
The jazz type? tongue tongue
I am getting old, I don't remember some things... cheesy

Agbonmagbe
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

Agbonmagbe

There's no ijebu by the sea na except Ijebu-Epes
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

Yeah right! The next time I stumble on your essay, I will remind you of this moment.

BTW, I am looking for someone who is working as a financial planner and has done some of the professional exams. I want to go the short-cut route.

You wanna write the exam or hire a planner?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

There's no ijebu by the sea na except Ijebu-Epes

You didn't get it.

Another one: the only Ijebus' that originated from a country in South America and still share the name with them but with a slight modification.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

That's Ijebu Ayepe na.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

You wanna write the exam or hire a planner?

Write exams and I have an ambitious plan; level 7/chartership in 6-8 months.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Timbuktou:

That's Ijebu Ayepe na.

Wrong answer smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

Write exams and I have an ambitious plan; level 7/chartership in 6-8 months.

You wan thief am ni? grin

CFA - the most prestigious of them all

Level 1 - written twice a year
Level 2 - once a year
Level 3 - once a year

You become a CFA charter holder wink wink and start swimming in "ego"

But waa kawe mehhn
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

Wrong answer smiley
angry. My in-laws are from Ayepe. That's the only Ijebu clan I recognise. grin.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Timbuktou:

angry. My in-laws are from Ayepe. That's the only Ijebu clan I recognise. grin.

No wonder. Lots and lots of Ijebu towns o

Have you tried on Ayepe lace?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

No wonder. Lots and lots of Ijebu towns o

Have you tried on Ayepe lace?

Lace, as in, cloth material? I hate that thing with a passion. I never try am o, I no even know say dem get their own lace sef.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Timbuktou:

Lace, as in, cloth material? I hate that thing with a passion. I never try am o, I no even know say dem get their own lace sef.

There used to be a lace factory in Ayepe. Not sure if it's still in operation though. Na Swiss naija dey wear now.

You don't like lace like Alao Akala? Ibadan men dey wear lace well well o, with big big hole sef
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

There used to be a lace factory in Ayepe. Not sure if it's still in operation though. Na Swiss naija dey wear now.

You don't like lace like Alao Akala? Ibadan men dey wear lace well well o, with big big hole sef

Alao Akala that uses Tura? Tufiakwa. I've never understood the lace love. The cloth looks vulgar to me.

Didn't know about the factory, though, what do you think happened to it? Mismanagement or poor sales?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

You wan thief am ni? grin

CFA - the most prestigious of them all

Level 1 - written twice a year
Level 2 - once a year
Level 3 - once a year

You become a CFA charter holder wink wink and start swimming in "ego"

But waa kawe mehhn

Kimoni, you are mixing 'em up, only the narrative exams are done certain times of the year. The CBT and essay exams have good availability through the year, worst case I will carry myself to England to do 'em. Level 2-3 have about 80 hours recommended study time, I can do each in a fortnight, the hard grind seem to start from level 4.

http://www.cisi.org/cisiweb2/cisi-website/study-with-us/getting-started/exam-dates

I am not afraid of reading jare, Buahrinomics don dey affect oyel workers. I want to collect voluntary redundancy and waka into another industry where I can really swim money. Na only mouth dem get for 'oyel' industry. Those finance pipu be proper money ritualists, I dont know who send me go engineering side sef angry

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

It was "Sokas lace" formed from the names of the two owners Sokale and Kassim.

Like other textile companies, they couldn't survive due to the crazy cost of doing"manufacturing business" in Nigeria.

Iperu people does not consider themselves as Ijebus but Remo. Just like a Fulani doesn't see himself as Hausa.

You don't even know your root... tongue tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:

Kimoni, you are mixing 'em up, only the narrative exams are certain types of the year. The CBT and essay exams have good availability through the year, worst case I will carry myself to England to 'em. Level 2-3 have about 80 hours recommended study time, I can do each in a fortnight, the hard grind seem to start from level 4.

http://www.cisi.org/cisiweb2/cisi-website/study-with-us/getting-started/exam-dates

I am not afraid of reading jare, Buahrinomics don dey affect oyel workers. I want to collect voluntary redundancy and waka into another industry where I can really swim money. Na only mouth dem get for 'oyel' industry. Those finance be proper money ritualists, I dont know who send me go engineering side sef angry

No vex, I realized the mix-up after I posted but I don't really know about CISI. You no go get time for NL when you start o sad

No be Buhari affect una oyel lol, na Putin vs Obama fight cause am and the end is not even in sight. God help us.

Voluntary redundancy is not for the faint hearted o though I know the money can be very tempting. Again, these exams are very expensive and funding them from pension won't be my first choice. Do you intend writing the exams after you leave or during your stay?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

It was "Sokas lace" formed from the names of the two owners Sokale and Kassim.

Like other textile companies, they couldn't survive due to the crazy cost of doing"manufacturing business" in Nigeria.

Iperu people does not consider themselves as Ijebus but Remo. Just like a Fulani doesn't see himself as Hausa.

You don't even know your root... tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin the gods have lied to you.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin the gods have lied to you.

Abomination... The gods don't lie...

I know because my mum is from that axis..

It is why the first class king of that region is the Akarigbo with the title Akarigbo of Remoland.

I think ode-remo's king has been upgraded too.

Towns under Remo

Iperu, Ipaara, Sagamu , Isaara, Ode, Sapaade, etc..

This is culture and history 101
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

Abomination... The gods don't lie...

I know because my mum is from that axis..

It is why the first class king of that region is the Akarigbo with the title Akarigbo of Remoland.

I think ode-remo's king has been upgraded too.

Towns under Remo

Iperu, Ipaara, Sagamu , Isaara, Ode, Sapaade, etc..

This is culture and history 101

And the gods keep lying tongue

He is not Akarigbo of Remoland, he is Akarigbo of Sagamu angry

He doesn't rule over Remoland...just like Awujale does not rule over Ijebuland

No Ijebu man or woman is a push over...ask Mum wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni:

And the gods keep lying tongue

He is not Akarigbo of Remoland, he is Akarigbo of Sagamu angry

He doesn't rule over Remoland...just like Awujale does not rule over Ijebuland

No Ijebu man or woman is a push over...ask Mum wink

You need to get a refund from your Yoruba teacher.

If not for "modernity"

Awujale leads the Ijebus, other kings are baale while Akarigbo leads the Remo.

The summary of this sermon is Ijebu is different from Remo.
The dialect/accent different.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kimoni, ayam a sharp naija babe. My employer will.pay about £1k towards any training while the Scottish govt have set aside some funds for transitioners like me, will pay up to £4k towards training for a new skill

I will start the exams as soon as I leave, hopefully, I will have 2&3 wrapped up before YE 2016.

The fact that there is no end in sight is why I am jumping before I am pushed jare. Besides. the future of oil is quite dismal .....Ellon Musk is finally having his day.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
bellong:

You need to get a refund from your Yoruba teacher.

If not for "modernity"

Awujale leads the Ijebus, other kings are baale while Akarigbo leads the Remo.

The summary of this sermon is Ijebu is different from Remo.
The dialect/accent different.

Don't make this statement in Remoland. This is why Akarigbo and Awujale no dey ever gree. This is why don't have our own state, we can't agree on the location of the capital - Ijebu Ode Vs Sagamu. Our loss, the Egbas' gain.

Ijebu is not different from Remo. We are one Ijebuland.
The Ijebu language is same but with various modifications according to cities.
Even within Remo, there are slight differences

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.