Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (302914 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2014
And guys, do not let any feminazi, feminist ever tell you that marriage is 50-50. There is no 50-50 in marriage. You are the head of your family and that is the summary. Do not be deceived, there can never be two masters in one ship. You are the master and the earlier you understand that the better!

I have a friend that almost fears his wife. He is the breadwinner as he makes about three times his wife. His wife is about four years younger than him but she makes all the decisions in the house. I mean all. We were once having a drink together with some other chaps and we talked about him changing his car as we know he could afford a better car. The guy agreed and said he also wanted to buy a better car but his wife does not want him to change his car. He had earlier told us the same about the school the children go to. It was soooo far from where they lived and he had to drive several miles to get there. When he asked him why all the long journey, he said that was what his wife wanted.

We had to remind him who was the man in the house and who was the sisi. Guys you are the head of your homes and you need to know that. You need to be responsible and accountable for your family. Your wife MUST respect you at all times and please do not ever let any woman tell you that you have to earn that respect. You already EARNED her respect during courtship and that was why she married you in the first place so you do not have to earn it again. Guys, you have to set the atmostphere in your home. Try make your home a fun place to be in, smile often and be approachable but you need to remember you are the head.

I hate it when I read that guys struggle with their wives for remote control. What kind of men are we producing these days? Struggling with your wife for remote control? First of all try buy more than one TV and even if you have one TV. Give your wife the remote, you should be thinking of bigger things than remote control. But you should have a few programs that when you want to watch, nobody questions you. Women love to be heard so listen you wife, let her express herself, let her air her views, let her win some arguements but you must recognise that you have the final say. And it doesnt matter if your wife earns more. Leadership is not always about earning power, but about knowledge, about character, about self esteem and also about abilities.

Some women like to test their limits. If they insult you and you dont act, they will knock you next time. And if you dont act, the next thinig will be a slap. Make sure any form of insurbodination is crushed! No physical abuse o, but what you would not take from you wife, do not even allow during courtship. Your wife should not fear you but she must respect you. While I always preach that you should love your wives and be the best husband, you should remember that most women look up to their men and if you wife starts looking down on you or feels your opinion does not matter, you don enter one chance. In the days of my grandfather, nobody dare sit on his chair, even when the man died, people were still afraid to sit on the chair. That waas how fearful we were of him. Now that is extreme buit guys, stop being sisies!

19 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
I'm loving this. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Chillisauce: ^^^^ since he didn't sample those girls at his younger days! he didn't wanna miss this time cheesy
The truth is that you can't stop him, no one can but himself.

Until something awful happens he will keep going on.

I have same prob with some of my ex colleagues. Once the money start coming in, even the knight in church..see them changing babes sad

Its the 9ja girls that starts hunting them. Not the guy's fault. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1: nice one Nash....

These hunting girls.. i no dey see them sha .. maybe i never get the kain money like the 1004 guy...

... I agree with you on the treatment of the wife of one's youth

No be you I see for Ocean Basket with four babes two weeks ago? Why you come dey form holy here?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by modele2: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hmm so this is what my Oga thinks when I try to make conversation and bond with him.... OK o. New Year resolution update. Limit my gist to absolutely necessary ones.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nashville:

Its the 9ja girls that starts hunting them. Not the guy's fault. grin

Nigeria is even better, the girls form too, the worst are the neighboring francophone countries.
Those girls are kolo. No shame what so ever
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
E bi like say I go camp here today.
Cool joint.
Waiter!
Bring my nkwobi and ugba.
I lv this musik die!

Nash! I dey feel u!

Mods don't kill pple's mode with frontpage thing abegi!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
ypepe: E bi like say I go camp here today.
Cool joint.
Waiter!
I lv this musik die!

Nash! I dey feel u!

cheesy correct gist here...

Pls wear only bikini here. We don't entertain bubba here angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Biolabee, come and talk tongue
U won't escape this one lailai!
Tell us what makes u hot!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
TV,no preaching here!
Come and tell us ur tale past,present and future!

And them guys, una dey pretend
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nashville:

No be you I see for Ocean Basket with four babes two weeks ago? Why you come dey form holy here?

hahaha... nice one bro..

feellng you on the feminazi BS manta.... nice line about respect earned at courtship

Theres this thing my boss used to say

Do The Right Thing (initiative); Do The Thing Right (correct process)

Customising here.. Marrying The Right Person the right way reduces most of the unnecessary tensions in the home

On the TV, as na i tv i come get na... I just go to my Lappie to catch up on Movies..na dem go still harass you say u dey ignore them..

Meanwhile do you see the crap on TV these days... na only footie i dey watch now

LOL..
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Frankly i dont know the kind of gist in this room..

I am of what happens in Vegas stays there type...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ngokafor(f): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
ypepe: E bi like say I go camp here today.
Cool joint.
Waiter!
I lv this musik die!

Nash! I dey feel u!

My sis i go follow you tanda for here jare if you no mind sharing...that nkwobi and ugba looks sumptious,make i order my own sharp sharp...waiter!..abeg do the needful..
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Maipride(f): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ok naa.... Finally, this thread is alive...

Hmmm... Oga Nashvile, i trow salute... Nice read.!

Just like YPP, make i camp here 2day.
Waiter, abeg get me my usual. cool

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
And guys, do not forget your career while trying to have some fun too. First I will talk about career, focus on your career or business. Never believe a woman that tells you, she can drink garri with you as long as there is love. Big lie from hell. She will drink garri with you believing that you have potential to become a success, but when she sees that she is going to drink garri for a long time, the song will change.

A man must be productively and economically engaged all the times. First of all young men, even if you finish school and you haven't found a job, I will advice to volunteer for an unpaid internship if you can. Go to the kind of company you want to work for and tell them you will work for them for free. Just tell them you need the experience. That way you already have once leg into the organisation and you are gaining experience on your CV even if you are not paid. If you do a good job, they will most times hire you or you can get a better job elsewhere based on your experience working there.

Guys, you need to be hardworking, no excuse, I hate to read about lazy men, I dont have lazy friends, not one, I cant stand them. You should be seeking of ways to advance your career all the time and even better think of how best you can own your business someday. You must learn to balance this with family life and often times it is difficult. And sometimes you may even upset your wife, but guys you just gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I went to holiday with my friend who owns his medical practice in the US. I hardly saw him, he was always busy. There are times you sow in tears so that you can reap in joy and the best age to do that is between 25 and 45. After 45, you should start seeing the fruit of your labour. To live an enjoyable life sometimes is not easy.

And take sometime to have fun. Don't forget the boys night out when you get married. I will not subscribe to late nights every weekend but may be once in two months is fine. Having a good social life is one of the bedrocks of a good career and happiness. Some of the biggest business contracts are finalised over drinks at a bar. I met a guy who has become one of my closest business partners at a strip club. I ordinarily dont do strip clubs but it was my birthday about ten years ago and I was travelling to houston. On getting there, I didnt know my boyz had planned a surprise for me at a strip club in houston. Mehn, those latina girls are hot. Hot as is hooot. But I met some other guy who had just come out to hang out with us and today we are best of friends. Networking is very important and guys need to build a good network of people. Mentors, peer and even juniors.

Hanging out with the boys is not always bad, even if you do not drink alcohol because of religious reasons, you can go out there and drink your coke all evening. But please, you cannot have that kinda of network by sitting in your house all day. Someone once paid me $5,000 for introducing him to another person. This man is much older and very wealthy and he wanted me to introduce him to another man that used to be my oga some years back. All I did was to take him to my former oga's office and I think the discussion went well and at the end, he gave me an envelope. At first I wanted to return it because I felt insulted but he insisted I collect it. When I got home and counted the money, it was $5,000; I jumped up and down. You need to get out there and network. Do not be a social misfit. You read guys here saying their wives birthday is coming and they dont know where to take her or what to do. You just know that these ones are social misfits. All they do is provide shikena, nothing more. They cannot surprise their wives, they cannot plan dates or do something spontaneous. Have fun guys, take a vacation with your family to somewhere nice. You already have two houses, no need for a third one, use that money and get a vacation. Buy good things and look nice. If you can; buy expensive brands and enjoy your life.

13 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Indirectly you are telling us you are a Smoking Hot Dude (SHD)

Please give me ya number tongue tongue tongue

Nashville: Most married men do not have time for these long stories but I will just type a bit. First of all mods, if this makes front page, I will sue all of you. ok.

First of all married guys, how do you cope with all these Jezebels all around the place. It seems guys become more desirable once they are married. Men used to be the hunters but now they are the hunted. I do not live in Nigeria and one of the main reason my wife doesn't want to go back home is just because of all these girls. But I visit regularly.

Once, I was home alone in London (when we lived there) and my family had travelled on holiday to the US. So a friend calls and says we should go for another friend's birthday party. It was the guy's 35th birthday so we went there together and I drove. So on getting there, I met one chick that is engaged to the celebrants younger brother, and they were planning to get married in a few months. Her fiance wasn't at the party but she went there as sister in law concern. We got talking and first thing I told her was that I was married and she was even in the same profession as my wife so we talked almost throught. So we left very late and I said I would give her a ride and my other friend was there as well. The moment she entered the car she was all wow, this is the best car she's ever entered etc. To cut the long story short she asked for my number because she claimed she wanted to get in touch with my wife for some professional advice. I innocently gave her my number. Next thing, I started getting texts from her saying we should hang out, what were my plans for the weekend etc. I had to tell her my family was back and so she understood.

What made this particular girl tempting was that she was the exact opposite of my wife. My wife is slim like a super model, even after two kids but this girl was the exact opposite. I had always dated lepa girl but this one was just voluptous. Big in the right places. And she was not even scared that I was friends with her brother -in-law. 9ja girls no dey carry last o. They can smell a successful young man from afar off.
Even when I visit Nigeria, I just meet several girls who just want to hook up, and they know you are married. Some of these girls even come from very well to do homes. I can understand the girls from a poor background but even the ones that their parents are very rich are involved.

Married men, abeg make una dey very careful for 9ja o. Gone are the days when guys were the hunters!

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Defender of the brethren!

You never change

Nashville: And guys, do not let any feminazi, feminist ever tell you that marriage is 50-50. There is no 50-50 in marriage. You are the head of your family and that is the summary. Do not be deceived, there can never be two masters in one ship. You are the master and the earlier you understand that the better!

I have a friend that almost fears his wife. He is the breadwinner as he makes about three times his wife. His wife is about four years younger than him but she makes all the decisions in the house. I mean all. We were once having a drink together with some other chaps and we talked about him changing his car as we know he could afford a better car. The guy agreed and said he also wanted to buy a better car but his wife does not want him to change his car. He had earlier told us the same about the school the children go to. It was soooo far from where they lived and he had to drive several miles to get there. When he asked him why all the long journey, he said that was what his wife wanted.

We had to remind him who was the man in the house and who was the sisi. Guys you are the head of your homes and you need to know that. You need to be responsible and accountable for your family. Your wife MUST respect you at all times and please do not ever let any woman tell you that you have to earn that respect. You already EARNED her respect during courtship and that was why she married you in the first place so you do not have to earn it again. Guys, you have to set the atmostphere in your home. Try make your home a fun place to be in, smile often and be approachable but you need to remember you are the head.

I hate it when I read that guys struggle with their wives for remote control. What kind of men are we producing these days? Struggling with your wife for remote control? First of all try buy more than one TV and even if you have one TV. Give your wife the remote, you should be thinking of bigger things than remote control. But you should have a few programs that when you want to watch, nobody questions you. Women love to be heard so listen you wife, let her express herself, let her air her views, let her win some arguements but you must recognise that you have the final say. And it doesnt matter if your wife earns more. Leadership is not always about earning power, but about knowledge, about character, about self esteem and also about abilities.

Some women like to test their limits. If they insult you and you dont act, they will knock you next time. And if you dont act, the next thinig will be a slap. Make sure any form of insurbodination is crushed! No physical abuse o, but what you would not take from you wife, do not even allow during courtship. Your wife should not fear you but she must respect you. While I always preach that you should love your wives and be the best husband, you should remember that most women look up to their men and if you wife starts looking down on you or feels your opinion does not matter, you don enter one chance. In the days of my grandfather, nobody dare sit on his chair, even when the man died, people were still afraid to sit on the chair. That waas how fearful we were of him. Now that is extreme buit guys, stop being sisies!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

hahaha... nice one bro..

feellng you on the feminazi BS manta.... nice line about respect earned at courtship

Theres this thing my boss used to say

Do The Right Thing (initiative); Do The Thing Right (correct process)

Customising here.. Marrying The Right Person the right way reduces most of the unnecessary tensions in the home

On the TV, as na i tv i come get na... I just go to my Lappie to catch up on Movies..na dem go still harass you say u dey ignore them..

Meanwhile do you see the crap on TV these days... na only footie i dey watch now

LOL..

I agree with you 100%
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Questions arising for the down to earth folks ( not the fantasy oriented ones plz)

What other professions or areas of study yield good pay and a reasonable wage outside of the health fields?

Ideas needed.

No jokers , thanks.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
I only do night in with my wife and son

so imma excuse maself
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:
Questions arising for the down to earth folks ( not the fantasy oriented ones plz)

What other professions or areas of study yield good pay and a reasonable wage outside of the health fields?

Ideas needed.

No jokers , thanks.

oil/gas, madam tpia.
you can't go wrong in this industry & it's beneficial even in nigeria as you have a higher likelihood of working with decent & honest people than say the banking industry.

To cut the long story short she asked for my number because she claimed she wanted to get in touch with my wife for some professional advice. I innocently gave her my number. Next thing, I started getting texts from her saying we should hang out, what were my plans for the weekend etc. I had to tell her my family was back and so she understood.

so you chickened out? cheiiiiiii. this story didn't end well, i am disappointed. cry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Em, Em, Oga Nash very insightful comments you have made. I have picked quite some salient points, even though I am not married yet, Especially the 25-45 ish. I have always been of the opinion that one shouldn't get till 60 in order to retire.

Barman on my account, abeg give Oga Nash, 6 bottles of star, 2 bottles of guider, 2 plates of roundabout, 2 plates of isiewu, 1 plate of catfish. As for me, abeg gimme malt.

I don tanda for here today * sipping my malt and listening, brings out pen and paper*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
slimyem: TV killed this thread with his commentundecided
And I am also able to "unkill" it wink. I have that power!

ypepe: TV,no preaching here!
I can't promise you no preaching, but I can promise you good stuff! cool

Gentlemen. Do not stay with a girl who does not respect you, be that due to her attitude or your situation. One must change before you commit to her, or you are in for a bumpy ride.

Don't ever fall for that equality nonsense. In terms of value? In terms of worth? Place her on a pedestal if you so choose. In terms of "expectation"? No, no, no.

Listen to me; "Equaity breeds contempt". One a woman feels she is equal to you, she'll look for an edge. Once she has an edge over you she won't respect you. Once she doesn't respect you, she can't truly love you. Rocky road ahead.

Bukatyne - bless her - once said on this forum "Men and women should worship and submit to each other". Brodas pliss, I take all that is holy beg una; don't fall for this.

A women can find herself by being wholly consumed by her man and family. If a man tries to find himself in a woman, it produces a conflict. She has to be the needy one and he can satisfy that. If he becomes needy, she won't be able to deal with it long-term (unless she is simply out to control him). Either way, she'll start to resent it and ultimately despise him. Rocky road ahead.

If anyone would like to hear the Godly way to circumvent all of this just ask!

Teefee (wind dey blow)

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
TV01:

Teefee (wind dey blow)

you & this your teefee stunts. when did you stop pronouncing the letter "v" appropriately?

TV01:
Equaity breeds contempt". One a woman feels she is equal to you, she'll look for an edge. Once she has an edge over you she won't respect you. Once she doesn't respect you, she can't truly love you. Rocky road ahead.

equality is nonsense - men & women are not equal. humanity is not perfect. God's way is for men to be in charge of their homes, marriages, churches and the society. any attempt to upset that balance would create a conflict in the family.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Cool cat.. Teefee
But some women like projects as they call it... Broken xters they want to reform..

Nosyke..6 cans of henikeni
.. Nash tell you say hin be ' tit-aller'
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke: Em, Em, Oga Nash very insightful comments you have made, I have picked quite some salient points, even though I am not married yet
Especially the 25-45 ish. I have always been of the opinion that one shouldn't get till 60 in order to retire.

Barman on my account, abeg give Oga Nash, 6 bottles of star, 2 bottles of guider, 2 plates of roundabout, 2 plates of isiewu, 1 plate of catfish. As for me, abeg gimme malt.

I don tanda for here today * sipping my malt and listening, brings out pen and paper*

Not to dampen the fun but how does the bolded look like fun to you?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke: Em, Em, Oga Nash very insightful comments you have made. I have picked quite some salient points, even though I am not married yet, Especially the 25-45 ish. I have always been of the opinion that one shouldn't get till 60 in order to retire.

Thank you my guy. This is just reward for a days job. I don pick Hennessy and Moet join on your bill too. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
TV01: And I am also able to "unkill" it wink. I have that power!

I can't promise you no preaching, but I can promise you good stuff! cool

Gentlemen. Do not stay with a girl who does not respect you, be that due to her attitude or your situation. One must change before you commit to her, or you are in for a bumpy ride.

Don't ever fall for that equality nonsense. In terms of value? In terms of worth? Place her on a pedestal if you so choose. In terms of "expectation"? No, no, no.

Listen to me; "Equaity breeds contempt". One a woman feels she is equal to you, she'll look for an edge. Once she has an edge over you she won't respect you. Once she doesn't respect you, she can't truly love you. Rocky road ahead.

Bukatyne - bless her - once said on this forum "Men and women should worship and submit to each other". Brodas pliss, I take all that is holy beg una; don't fall for this.

A women can find herself by being wholly consumed by her man and family. If a man tries to find himself in a woman, it produces a conflict. She has to be the needy one and he can satisfy that. If he becomes needy, she won't be able to deal with it long-term (unless she is simply out to control him). Either way, she'll start to resent it and ultimately despise him. Rocky road ahead.

Teefee (wind dey blow)

I sincerely hope you name one of your kids Bukky or one of the variants

This one you keep in mind my opinions so, na wa
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
This is so sweet!
Waiter! Waiter!!
Pls come and clear d table and bring more!!

Una no dey do ikwokirikwo?
Abeg bring it on!
I wan learn today!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar: equality is nonsense - men & women are not equal. humanity is not perfect. God's way is for men to be in charge of their homes, marriages, churches and the society. any attempt to upset that balance would create a conflict in the family.

The rabid feminie notion of equality is egregious to the essence and beauty of true complementarity. In family and church, men must absolutely lead. In wider society I have no problem with women being involved or taking the reigns in most regards.

pickabeau1: Cool cat.. Teefee
But some women like projects as they call it... Broken xters they want to reform..

That's could be due to a number of things. She could be just tolerating him due to other pros. Most likely it's her own weak character/lack of self-esteem cum warped application of the nurturing (help-meet) role. It's why a lot get dumped when the man is back on his own two feet. There's a difference between a nurse and a mate, although a mate is both (one for the gyals - feeling generous today wink).

bukatyne:
I sincerely hope you name one of your kids Bukky or one of the variants
This one you keep in mind my opinions so, na wa

Let your man lead and learn to respect and appreciate that leadership. I pray for 5 men and 2 women on this board regards marriage. You are one of the two. And you will all "fine dine". Can I get an amen?

bukatyne: Not to dampen the fun but how does the bolded look like fun to you?

Learn to let "men be men". Don't nag. Exert a long-term but further reaching influence on them. You will reap the rewards. Encourage, exhort, counsel. They'll respond better and be ready to "war" for you.

TV

Still water for me please. No ice!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by SisiKill1: 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ Nashville
Great Posts!!!!

You and Debosky ought to get together and write a "How to be a THINKING (not thoughtful oh even though y'all are cheesy) Man! Manual

Just gotta point out one teeny tiny itty bitty thing. . .being a nasty selfish, self-centered unyielding woman has nothing to do with equality. Your friend's wife has a personality problem and I am sure she will act the same way no matter what kinda relationship she is in.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sisi_Kill: @ Nashville
Great Posts!!!!

You and Debosky ought to get together and write a "How to be a THINKING (not thoughtful oh even though y'all are cheesy) Man! Manual

Just gotta point out one teeny tiny itty bitty thing. . .being a nasty selfish, self-centered unyielding woman has nothing to do with equality. Your friend's wife has a personality problem and I am sure she will act the same way no matter what kinda relationship she is in.

All demonic women are so because they believe in equality grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 311
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.