Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (302037 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2015
chaircover:

Congratulations to you and Mrs TV
May your princess be blessed and favored always

It will be fun to watch you gradually "demachoised"
Baby girls always do that to their dads in the end
You will soon be putty in her hands grin grin

Thats how I know that coogar "stole" a picture of a very pretty baby girl and posted it here during the NL baby competition tongue grin

madam chaircover - envying my daughter since 1992. don't worry, one of these days we would pay you a visit. we would like to see your legendary beko fridge. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
Congrats TV, I understand your semi-discomfort at having female children. I trust all will work out well, though. Sincere regards to the missus. wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
Nice one TV

Congrats

Let's hear more of this

I understand the daughter fears as I share same too

Wish your family all the
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
pickabeau1:
Nice one TV

Congrats

Let's hear more of this

I understand the daughter fears as I share same too

Wish your family all the
Thanks for your kind wishes Pick.

I certainly need to hear more on raising daughters. To be honest, I was pretty certain we were having another boy. Madam sef was looking at me with one kin side eye - I fixed up sha. Never let it show on your face.

I was all set to run the same routine as with Lil' man. Fairly strict but leaving him room for negotiation - started caning him at 18 months, then realised he had the jump on me and I was about 6 months too late angry.

But we are really easy, do lots of stuff together, rough and tumble and he's starting to understand boundaries and smartly test limits. I've always maintained I could never smack a girl child - hoping she's has a super cool temprement and it's never an issue - double pray down at the naming next week cheesy!

So guys, what's the story here?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
Timbuktou:
Congrats TV, I understand your semi-discomfort at having female children. I trust all will work out well, though. Sincere regards to the missus. wink
Cheers dude. Madam is recovering well. I just left hospital to come home for some rest & collect Jr before the night session. He hasn't actually met his sister yet.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
crackhaus:
Congratulations sir TV01, best wishes...
Thank you very much Crackhaus. Here's to increase and blessing all round.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
netotse:
@TV
major congrats man...
Thank you very much. Netotse - I may have to re-jig my regime - if only for a while grin!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
TV01:

Thanks for your kind wishes Pick.

I certainly need to hear more on raising daughters. To be honest, I was pretty certain we were having another boy. Madam sef was looking at me with one kin side eye - I fixed up sha. Never let it show on your face.

I was all set to run the same routine as with Lil' man. Fairly strict but leaving him room for negotiation - started caning him at 18 months, then realised he had the jump on me and I was about 6 months too late angry.

But we are really easy, do lots of stuff together, rough and tumble and he's starting to understand boundaries and smartly test limits. I've always maintained I could never smack a girl child - hoping she's has a super cool temprement and it's never an issue - double pray down at the naming next week cheesy!

So guys, what's the story here?

TV

errr...bros, does it say spare the rod and spoil the male child anywhere? granted you might not smack her as much but mennn you need to lay down the law sometimes o...where there is no law there is no sin.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
chaircover:

Congratulations to you and Mrs TV
May your princess be blessed and favored always

It will be fun to watch you gradually "demachoised"
Baby girls always do that to their dads in the end
You will soon be putty in her hands grin grin
Cheers CC

I remember pretty much everything you've written about your daughter and her dad. I'm warming to it - small, small. She was already looking pweetier when I saw her earlier today. Practicing my stern "no Miss" face smiley.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
damiso:
Awwww you have a lil princess TV01 God bless and keep her. May she grow in wisdom.

Enjoy the sleepless nights grin
Amen to your prayers and thank you very much Dami.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
bellong:

Congrats bro.... May she grow in grace, wisdom, knowledge and the fear of God.
An all round Amen to that. God probably saw we had a testosterone surfeit in TVsville grin!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Awesome!! Congratulations, TV. Lovely news. Chai, I'm just envying you your life right now ni. Hehehe.
I appreciate the warm wishes. Believe God and it will surely come to pass. I am keenly awaiting lots of good news stories from you. For years, it seemed I was just there...and then...

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
netotse:

errr...bros, does it say spare the rod and spoil the male child anywhere? granted you might not smack her as much but mennn you need to lay down the law sometimes o...where there is no law there is no sin.
I'll get her mum to do it grin! After demonstrating correct technique of course.

But I hear you. I'll probably be more creative in imposing sanctions - dock her weave allowance or something cheesy!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mehnnnnnn.. raising a girl child is not easy with all the ideologies in town
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
TV01:

I'll get her mum to do it grin! After demonstrating correct technique of course.

But I hear you. I'll probably be more creative in imposing sanctions - dock her weave allowance or something cheesy!

TV

pickabeau1:
Mehnnnnnn.. raising a girl child is not easy with all the ideologies in town

I agree raising girls isn't easy, but still it has to be done, sey na the women go raise them? tongue

As fathers, you set the standard for a lot of the relationships( and ideas) she has with(and about) males to a large extent, so you need to be on point.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
ihedinobi2:

I'm the only one that keeps missing these pics, mehn. Why my own de different like this ni? sad
Lol I miss them too. Only pic I've seen is the salad one.

Congratulations TV!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
netotse:

I agree raising girls isn't easy, but still it has to be done, sey na the women go raise them? tongue

As fathers, you set the standard for a lot of the relationships( and ideas) she has with(and about) males to a large extent, so you need to be on point.

True that... easier said than done still
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
TV01:

Thank you very much Crackhaus. Here's to increase and blessing all round.

TV
You're welcome, and amen to your prayers...

It's well with you and your family cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Having a female child is one of my greatest fears. I do believe she might become too spoilt as I may become overcareful/caring, sparing the rod when not necessary.......

However, if i have a girl, she sure would understand basic things about life and necessity of purpose.....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
netotse:

Very true.Alot of who I am today and how I view relationships is down to my dad. I know I tend to go on and on about him( that's cos I miss him ) and believe me did he have his own faults but my sense of self came more from him than even my mum.Kinda why I can't demonise ALL Nigerian men.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
damiso:

Kinda why I can't demonise ALL Nigerian men.

Please demonize us

You lot can't do without us tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
bellong:

Having a female child is one of my greatest fears. I do believe she might become too spoilt as I may become overcareful/caring, sparing the rod when not necessary.......
Honest talk.

To me, having all boys would have obviated a lot of problems - not least best use of all the stuff my son has that wasn;t used very much or at all grin! I often said whether the second one was a boy or girl, it would be wearing boys clothes till the age of 4 cheesy!

But it's a challenge and not one I have to face alone. Who really wants to raise an entitlement princess in this day and age? A virtuous woman of deep character and high achievement. Polished and accomplished.

And with the dearth of men how to make sure she marries well. And deep down the thought of them falling into predatory hands is there. I can see why men find it hard to let go of their daughters. With sons, you give them the tools and tell them to get on with it. That's a mantra of mine; "men take responsibility", and as soon as they are of age.

bellong:

However, if i have a girl, she sure would understand basic things about life and necessity of purpose.....
In some ways the same as for sons, just different - perhaps more of a sense of vulnerability/fragility?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
An0nimus:

Lol I miss them too. Only pic I've seen is the salad one.

Congratulations TV!
Thanks very much An0nimus - stay alert grin!

TV

*luscious Gambian sun**
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

Please demonize us

You lot can't do without us tongue

Same way you lot can't do without us too tongue tongue tongue

We are your wives, sisters, daughters, aunties, nieces, cousins, need I go on tongue tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
TV01:

Honest talk.

To me, having all boys would have obviated a lot of problems - not least best use of all the stuff my son has that wasn;t used very much or at all grin! I often said whether the second one was a boy or girl, it would be wearing boys clothes till the age of 4 cheesy!

TV

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
TV01:

Who really wants to raise an entitlement princess in this day and age? A virtuous woman of deep character and high achievement. Polished and accomplished.

And with the dearth of men how to make sure she marries well. And deep down the thought of them falling into predatory hands is there. I can see why men find it hard to let go of their daughters. With sons, you give them the tools and tell them to get on with it. That's a mantra of mine; "men take responsibility", and as soon as they are of age.

TV
Which is why I said I understand your semi-discomfort. I have a sister who I wish I could marry because my father was on point in many ways, and he paid special attention to her. But seeing how she's. Very different from many women today, even my own wife, I have to be sincere, about my fears of raising a well-rounded woman; not entitled but not a push over. *sigh. I don't know mahn. I hope God indulges me and gives me another boy. History is against me, though, on both sides it's been, boy-girl-boy, literally.

I'm a little apprehensive. Hehhehehe. grin. Congrats TV, once again. I loved the smell and sight of my newborn, I sense how you must feel right now. grin Congrats, brother.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
Timbuktou:
Which is why I said I understand your semi-discomfort. I have a sister who I wish I could marry because my father was on point in many ways, and he paid special attention to her. But seeing how she's. Very different from many women today, even my own wife, I have to be sincere, about my fears of raising a well-rounded woman; not entitled but not a push over. *sigh. I don't know mahn. I hope God indulges me and gives me another boy. History is against me, though, on both sides it's been, boy-girl-boy, literally.

I'm a little apprehensive. Hehhehehe. grin. Congrats TV, once again. I loved the smell and sight of my newborn, I sense how you must feel right now. grin Congrats, brother.

bwuhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
mu che che che che che che che che
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
alutacontinua:

bwuhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
mu che che che che che che che che
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Gerraway jor. Why doth my misery amuse thee? angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Timbuktou:
I can't tell a lie -I always wanted 2 boys and a girl if we had a third. It was just easier and a better fit. But perhaps I need to learn something here - if not only that I can't always have my way and I don't necessarily know best. Just another challenge to face square on.

Timbuktou:
Just got back from hospital, she already quite nuzzlable. Mums looks and dads persona type and we good to go!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 13, 2015
TV01:

Just got back from hospital, she already quite nuzzlable. Mums looks and dads persona type and we good to go!

TV

I didn't want to, but I just had to archive this one tongue
Latecomers can pay me 10dollars to get a view cheesy
TV be like I'm the boss for this kissing arena cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
laff don scatter my head here oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:56am On Feb 13, 2015
alutacontinua:

I didn't want to, but I just had to archive this one tongue
Latecomers can pay me 10dollars to get a view cheesy
TV be like I'm the boss for this kissing arena cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
laff don scatter my head here oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Reception interrupted due to a quick dash to A&E - my snogging technique has since improved grin!

TV

I know you are too classy to do the dirty on me Aluta cool! And up the price dammit, na beanz? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.