Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (301889 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by kaboninc(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
TV01:
RoyalRoy how far?

I have 8 mentions all suppressed and I see that Coco' thread has been deleted. I've also seen your "call for calm" thread, and am putting 2+2 together. What happened? Was it that bad?

There will always be beefs and wars - be they on the basis of personality or world-view differences. Not only can you not change that, to many of us it would be a poorer (read duller grin) forum without it.

They always settle and if it gets too bad people typically ignore each other - with of course the occasional flare-up cheesy. I really don't think this suppression of speech/censorship is for the best.

This board is largely self-regulting - we try not to stress our moderators grin. And in any event you can't expect hypocrisy (not to mention, tribalism, bigotry, posturing, demagogic behaviour, attention whoring and the like) not to be called out. Just saying.

How do I know who needs advice, or who is in need of a good rinsing if mentions are blanked grin!

To be honest it won't settle differences, they'll just get parked.

TV

@TV01

I thinking locking and deleting threads filled with insult and running into tens of pages without no sign of settling up is good.

At most, like you said they'll just park and the tension will be reduced. It is natural you separate two warring parties even when its obvious they'll never settle-up. You've postponed the evil day and continuously postponing it can lead to reconciliation. That's life for us.

Some guys won't mix and even if they do, it'll take some time. Some guys can't even ignore others and so start up another fight. Its normal in an imperfect society as ours.

I've had my own share.

The only section that can be left out is the Politics Section. There, you find gnashing of teeth and wars that are taken so personal. But for the Family's, there's suppose to be some form of orderliness. Some form of civility and discipline - at least someone has to enforce it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Please let's leave this room free of family crap

The mod has cleared the crappy thread.. Its OK

Till the next crappy thread....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
RoyalRoy:

TV....i know it won't stop the war but at least we can reduce it to the minimum.

There is too much tension "in the land".

But I assure you, a deleted thread will not have a positive mention to worry about.

Want to make sure no one opens some hate thread and spamming peoples mention while spewing their fury.

Peace will reign, it will be tough but achievable.

Cheers
I won't question your aims or challenge your remit as moderator. We are at your mercy wink!

However what blanking posts/locking threads achieves is in some cases questionable. It's always good if there's a record for posterity - if we can see for ourselves what was and was not said.

And like Coogar noted above, use of blanking/deleting/locking is somewhat inconsistent. My first - and only - post on the current abuse thread (in response to a mention by coogar) was blanked. There was no violation - that I was warned about or banned for - and I did not tell any untruths.

It was done at the behest of someone that was butt-hurt/running scared. In an open forum the correct recourse is a rebuttal - put up or shut up. Pandering in that manner allows people to say what they like and run whinging to the mods when they get served. More worringly it allows them to deceitfully change the historical narrative. I never complain. I accept, rebut or ignore - as pe okunrin now cool!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
TV01:

I won't question your aims or challenge your remit as moderator. We are at your mercy wink!

However what blanking posts/locking threads achieves is in some cases questionable. It's always good if there's a record for posterity - if we can see for ourselves what was and was not said.

And like Coogar noted above, use of blanking/deleting/locking is somewhat inconsistent. My first - and only - post on the current abuse thread (in response to a mention by coogar) was blanked. There was no violation - that I was warned about or banned for - and I did not tell any untruths.

It was done at the behest of someone that was butt-hurt/running scared. In an open forum the correct recourse is a rebuttal - put up or shut up. Pandering in that manner allows people to say what they like and run whinging to the mods when they get served. More worringly it allows them to deceitfully change the historical narrative. I never complain. I accept, rebut or ignore - as pe okunrin now cool!

TV

Hmmm....well noted!!!!

Oya am all ears.... I could do with some Gbenga and his Ijesha inducing "weapon"

grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Hmmm....well noted!!!!

Oya am all ears.... I could do with some Gbenga and his Ijesha inducing "weapon"

grin grin grin
Cool, appreciate you giving ear. But I will have my say - at some point!

It was Gboyega, not Gbenga and a full exposé at this point will only lead to more mewling "delete post" requests wink!

Good evening

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 12:46am On Mar 25, 2015
I missed it too cry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
United fans

Last season fellaini was a pipe alongside his manager
Now he's undroppable
He's your second striker

What happened

Coogar
RoyalRoy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 3:46am On Apr 05, 2015
pickabeau1:
United fans

Now he's undroppable
He's your second striker

What happened

Coogar
RoyalRoy

Fellaini was struggling with a nagging knee injury all of Moyes days. He had to go for a corrective surgery before this season began.

I think he has come a long way from the gangling and uncoordinated defensive midfielder to a utility man who can push forward in the absence of a sharp attacking options.

His ability in the air is something to commend and his passing accuracy is above average too.

And thank God....his hands are not too much in the air this season.....lol.

Very Impressive.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:07am On Apr 05, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Fellaini was struggling with a nagging knee injury all of Moyes days. He had to go for a corrective surgery before this season began.

I think he has come a long way from the gangling and uncoordinated defensive midfielder to a utility man who can push forward in the absence of a sharp attacking options.

His ability in the air is something to commend and his passing accuracy is above average too.

And thank God....his hands are not too much in the air this season.....lol.

Very Impressive.

Yimu
Why spend so much money on falcao when u have fellaini
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Yimu
Why spend so much money on falcao when u have fellaini

Lollz.... Fellaini as a forward was borne out of necessity.

When the preferred is not available, the available becomes the preferred.

tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Lollz.... Fellaini as a forward was borne out of necessity.

When the preferred is not available, the available becomes the preferred.

tongue

Preferred Or the desirable....?

Badooo
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
pickabeau1:
United fans

Now he's undroppable
He's your second striker

What happened

Coogar
RoyalRoy

fellaini is a good player - gollum didn't have the balls to play in the hole at the expense of rooney/RVP - he played as a CM and that position isn't his best.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:

fellaini is a good player - gollum didn't have the balls to play in the hole at the expense of rooney/RVP - he played as a CM and that position isn't his best.

Hmmmm......he is a utility player
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

Hmmmm......he is a utility player

he's enjoying himself these days - he cannot stop scoring.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
...holá gents...hope everyone had a great Easter break.

Posting on the whole DIL/MIL theme that's trending right now. Can't be bothered to catch-up, so I thought I'd expound my thinikng a little more here.

I posted originally here; https://www.nairaland.com/2221772/pls-wife-fought-mother-following/25#32130760

From my post, you can see that I did not focus overly much on the actions of the DIL or MIL - because I don't believe that's primary to determining a husbands stance or response to any issues.

It seems many are viewing from a wife or mother perspective, personally - and aligning with the preceding sentence - I see both those perspectives as flawed. Hence my focus in my earlier post referenced above.

My whole thrust is authority in the marriage, and with whom it rests; The husband, Oga, Daddeee, Commander grin! If anyone feels they can come into his home and chastise, discipline or confront his wife, they have first and foremost undermined his position as head of his home. Period.

The correct action should always be to report to the husband - whoever you are who feels slighted, whatever the offense and to whomever the blame is to be appportioned. Hence why I made no mention of what sparked the incident, or overly referenced the underlying tension.

To expoud; if his mum has authority over his wife, what about his dad? His elder brother? Pastor? Any siblings or close relatives he has who are older than his wife or "senior" to him?

To be clear, authority in my home rests with me - any other exercising authority over my wife undermines that, hence my stance. DIL/MIL issues are secondary. The actions/reactions of the two women are not the starting point for me, they will be properly ordered when the correct starting point is established.

Further, for the husband to side with an "outsider" against his wife is also to undermine his own home and authority - even if she is wrong! In his absence, she is "his will and his word" and the outsider accepts that or appeals to Ceasar.

I will willingly apologise or make amends if my wife gets it wrong (or see that she does), but if you attempt to take authority over my wife in my home, that wrong gets righted first cool.

Outside the home there may be variations, you may even have to compromise or take a hit - but I would always start from that underlying premise.

Bellong - apologies for not coming back on the above thread
Crackhouse - I hope this explains what I chose to leave unsaid earlier.

Off trolling jor I'm bored grin

Commander TV

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:
To be clear, authority in my home rests with me - any other exercising authority over my wife underminse that. Hence my stance. DIL/MIL issues are secondary. The actions/reactions of the two women are not the starting point for me, they will be properly ordered when the correct starting point is established.

and this is why the wife should have waited for her hubby to return before retaliating. i am not holding a brief with the MIL. she acted very wrongly to have slapped the wife......the wife was out of order to have retaliated.

did the bible not say when one is attacked, he/she should turn the other cheek, pastor TV01? the question is what would Jesus do? grin i should be the one correcting my mother, that right doesn't belong to my wife.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:
and this is why the wife should have waited for her hubby to return before retaliating. i am not holding a brief with the MIL. she acted very wrongly to have slapped the wife......the wife was out of order to have retaliated.
Yes, the wife was totally wrong to retaliate - be that out of animosity or anxiety and I noted that - and I mentioned her fumble should be treated. But what she did, did not undermine the husbands authority or the marriage like what the MIL did - who by the way started it.

coogar:
did the bible not say when one is attacked, he/she should turn the other cheek, pastor TV01? the question is what would Jesus do? grin i should be the one correcting my mother, that right doesn't belong to my wife.
Totally agree, she should have restrained herself and asked her husband to take action. Her husnband would then decide if she was right or wrong to deny his mothers request and act accordingly. Then still tear a strip of his mother and lay down the law for undermining his authority and his marriage. It's not firstly a DIL/MIL thing; it's a husband/marriage thing.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:
Yes, the wife was totally wrong to retaliate - be that out of animosity or anxiety and I noted that - and I mentioned her fumble should be treated. But what she did, did not undermine the husbands authority or the marriage like what the MIL did - who by the way started it.

the MIL started the physical assault according to the OP. i do not believe the MIL just started distributing slaps like a rabid wolf. something horrible must have been said by wifey to provoke MIL to use her hands. are we excusing verbal abuse & demonising physical abuse?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:
the MIL started the physical assault according to the OP. i do not believe the MIL just started distributing slaps like a rabid wolf. something horrible must have been said by wifey to provoke MIL to use her hands. are we excusing verbal abuse & demonising physical abuse?
I won't let MIL off the hook either. The elder thing comes with it's own rights and responsibilites and does not in itself answer all things. And her eldership does not superced my husbandship.

TV

oya back to footie grin!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

I won't let MIL off the hook either. The elder thing comes with it's own rights and responsibilites and does not in itself answer all things. And her eldership does not superced my husbandship.
TV

agreed!

oya back to footie grin!

who's winning? cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2015
Timbuktou:
I hope nairaland men are seeing this open call to cuckoldry? grin. Why won't they call us misogynists when we nip all their rubbish in the bud!

TV01
Coogar
Pickabeau1.

Your thoughts are needed in this gem of a thread. grin
...holá T, thanks for the mention, just thought I'd spin this off here.

Funny thing is, if a man is seriously considering her for marriage, and she tells all when she knows he is serious about her, that is the point - and it is very likely - that he will forgive all. And if he doesn't or can't, it's probably best that she is not with him anyway. The right man will be able to deal with her past - and indeed cleanse you from it's after effects.

How many women have missed that opportunity and lived fearfully for most of the marriages - or ultimately seen them break - because they couldn't tell the truth. Nothing like a union built on a foundation of total honesty and openess. Bliss.

Funny, instead of challenging women to be morally upright and place a high premium - virginity anyone? - on themselves there's a cadre of "aunties" on this board who encourage women to slut around, "test" grin and use lies, deceit and manipulation to snare men and secure their marriages.

Instead of them to repent of and confess their own whorish pasts they are busy trying to ensure everyone joins them in their swill. Always trying to redraw the slut-shaming line so that they are on the right side of it cheesy! I pity those who fall for it.

Men should be unstinting in their expectations, no divorcees, no babymama (not even your own sef grin), no to high count dick-hoppers. Perform your due dilligence and study them well. Most of all seek God for grace and discernment. Oh the stories I could tell...

Like I've said before you can sell yourself short and have a "burger" marriage or aim high and dine on chateaubriand. The choice is yours, but beware burger stalls are easily set up and purveyors are everywhere.

TV

...men wil always be on the right side of the slut-shaming line cool

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 2:55pm On May 28, 2015

Funny, instead of challenging women to be morally upright and place a high premium - virginity anyone? - on themselves theirs a cadre of "aunties" on this board who encourage women to slut around, "test" grin and use lies, deciet and manipulation to snare men and secure their marriages.

Exactly in one thread you see advocating of love
In another you see sluttery being advocated

I wonder why the solution for sluttery is more sluttery rather than curbing of wild tendencies and recognition of the treatment of sluttery by the sexes

Equality of promiscuity

I pity the misled women who swallow the hogwash line and sinker

For the male players, the state of arrangements suit them fine. they continue to have their pick and fill

Instead of them to repent of and confess their own whorish pasts they are busy trying to ensure everyone joins them in their swill. Always trying to redraw the slut-shaming line so that they are on the right side of it cheesy! I pity those who fall fo rit.

Men should be unstinting in their expectations, no divorcees, no babymama (not even your own sef grin), no to high count dick-hoppers. Due your due dilligence and study them well. Most of all seek God for grace and discernment. Oh the stories I could tell...

Like I've said before you can sell yourself short and have a "burger" marriage or aim high and dine on chateaubriand. The choice is yours, but beware burger stalls are easily set up and purveyors are everywhere.

TV

promiscuity can never be equal
fact of life

cc: Timbuktou TV01
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:14pm On May 28, 2015
pickabeau1:
I wonder why the solution for sluttery is more sluttery rather than curbing of wild tendencies and recognition of the treatment of sluttery by the sexes
It's really an attempt to re-write their personal histories as "not slutty". Unfortunately, being a woman can be a life time of seeking validation sometimes grin!

pickabeau1:
For the male players, the state of arrangements suit them fine. they continue to have their pick and fill
Of course, on balance, women will draw the short straw, more of them wil be used and discarded. For it too work, extreme gynocentric laws -such as in Sweden - have to be enacted.

pickabeau1:
promiscuity can never be equal
fact of life
Exactly - men wil never suffer slut-shaming, the dynamic means it will remain mostly a female slur. The aim should be to press for chastity for all.

TV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 3:21pm On May 28, 2015
TV01:

It's really an attempt to re-write their personal histories as "not slutty". Unfortunately, being a woman can be a life time of seeking validation sometimes grin!

Of course, on balance, women will draw the short straw, more of them wil be used and discarded. For it too work, extreme gynocentric laws -such as in Sweden - have to be enacted.

Exactly - men wil never suffer slut-shaming, the dynamic means it will remain mostly a female slur. The aim should be to press for chastity for all.

TV

Really surprising. until this women understand .. they will always enter 30s alone, used and dumped
after the proliferation of threads extolling single motherhood, there is a renaissance of above 30s love and reinvention of them as being even more desirable than young nubile women

See this extract from a post

Till Nigeria stops shaming women for having and acting on their sexual urges,nothing like confession.Mr Femi Kayode released na ked pictures of his ex gf when their relationship went south and he went to the extent of shaming her family and giving details of secrets she 'confessed' to him. ladies,talk at your own risk!

After all,if confession is so good why do the men who have forgiven cheating partners lie about it and join the crowd to shout God forbid,kick her out.Simple,its cos it is a taboo for them to accept that someone shined Congo better than them and they'd be laughed at for still going on with the 'slut'.

https://www.nairaland.com/2341413/things-fiance-husband-better-off/2#34168818

Instead of the post to advocate restraint
If women don't open, men cant fire - that was the old days. yes there were exceptions but not brazen impunity which is being pushed now
it already has 10 likes grin grin

what are the extreme laws in Sweden like?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
TV01:
How many women have missed that opportunity and lived fearfully for most of the marriages - or ultimately seen them break - because they couldn't tell the truth. Nothing like a union built on a foundation of total honesty and openess. Bliss.

Funny, instead of challenging women to be morally upright and place a high premium - virginity anyone? - on themselves there's a cadre of "aunties" on this board who encourage women to slut around, "test" grin and use lies, deceit and manipulation to snare men and secure their marriages.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 5:29pm On May 28, 2015
I feel very bad for women. I was very sad to see that thread. Hopefully there'll be enough willingness left to learn a thing or two when the single ones are done reading threads like that. If there is, one good man can set them straight some day.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:20pm On May 28, 2015
Well, the single ladies should take the evil counsel at their own peril.

No matter the equality pushed by some folks, the female gender will always suffer some consequences that nature fortunately make men go free.

I only pity the sheepish and gullible ones.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:26pm On May 28, 2015
bellong:

No matter the equality pushed by some folks, the female gender will always suffer some consequences that nature fortunately make men go free.

i like the sheepish & gullible ones. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:48pm On May 28, 2015
bellong:

Bellong, this is a myth

This belief is really the genesis of this messed up game

What or who is nature? God or humans?

I know God is definitely not partial, so humans must be "nature"

Men need to re-evaluate themselves and realize there are no two set of rules anywhere

No matter how long it takes, the chicken must come home to roost
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 9:30pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

i like the sheepish & gullible ones. grin

grin grin grin grin angry

@Kimoni,

My error, insert unfortunately and occassionally.

The society can punish men for every negative things they do but the physiological make up of the female put them to more psychological risk and pains.

The key is for the female to be wise in their dealings. Hence they get to bear the brunt of many things.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:35pm On May 28, 2015
Kimoni:

Bellong, this is a myth

This belief is really the genesis of this messed up game

What or who is nature? God or humans?

I know God is definitely not partial, so humans must be "nature"

Men need to re-evaluate themselves and realize there are no two set of rules anywhere

No matter how long it takes, the chicken must come home to roost

God is partial.
He never hid his bias towards the isrealites. as for gender superiority, it was all settled in eden. it says your husband(man) shall rule over you.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 28, 2015
@tv01, I actually wanted to see your response to that thread on that thread...

I had to sheathe my sword sef, I was both irritated and shocked...

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.