Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) (29775 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Banks Plan Nationwide Shut-Down Over DSS Detention Of Officers / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Norajones(f): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Akwa ibom ayaya,akwai ibom ado OK,,haters go n die....PROUDLY AKWA-IBOMITE..if e dey pain u,enta bottle break,,unam ikot

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why wasn't I contacted... angry

That juju is strong.... angry

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Danhumprey: 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
I know that branch. I have sometimes stroll down there,to relax since it's very close to Ibom Plaza. But this kain injunction,na wa o!
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by rozayx5(m): 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Decryptor:

Which Ewet Housing? The one after Uyo High School? Is that all you can boast of? Ewet housing wey no reach half of Aladinma Housing Estate for Owerri...or you think you are talking to someone who has not lived in your "Dog-Eating" state before?

is there a road to Owerri, ?? i hope its not that over hyped dusty and dirty town undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Mattex001(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
NnamdiN: lol not really backwardness, it's a way of settling disputes by the ibibios. It's a kinda summon. When an injunction like this is placed, first bank(in this case) is expected to appear before some traditional judges alongside whoever summoned them. (according to gst 112 Nigerian people's and culture grin)

Simply put, they want the issue resolved traditionally
Dah so u do that course ... I hate am with all my strengths
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by DonaldGenes(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
eluquenson: This people & their backwardness, that's why witchcraft are so much there...smh for these akwa ibom people self
Are you dissing or disecting my State? Let me know how to slap your mouth now
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by NnamdiN: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mattex001: Dah so u do that course ... I hate am with all my strengths
I fail am two times B4 I runs am grin. Was a nuisance to my GP
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by UnknownT: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Na lie!!!!! Na commission demba wan commission d building! Una no see the ribbon? Who dey with d scissors?!!!
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by mikkyokilo: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
I want to sell my Sony Xperia arc S just 4 months old with the original charger usb cord and the phone pack, Already upgraded to 4.04 with BBM. 8MP Camera, HD video recording, 3D sweep panaroma, sycnc with the playstation 3 for give you a real gaming experience..... For 25000 call me on 08177634209

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by NnamdiN: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Chartey:
Maybe because the hall isn't big enough and the tellers are few. Is the area a business district at all? Na wetin me i wan know. Or d juju pursue people wey dey pass for road?
about 8 tellers for small deposits and 3 for bulk. You need to see for yourself how busy this branch usually is. Juju is not only when a red clay pot is painted with native chalk with eggs surrounding it. grin this injunction does not affect customers or passers by, I will try and get pics of people using the ATMs just beside the plantain stems. The issue is strictly between the bank and whoever placed them.

According to wikipedia "Juju or Ju-Ju is a word of either West African or
French origin[1] used previously by Europeans to
describe traditional West African religions.[2]
Today it refers specifically to objects, such as
amulets, and spells used superstitiously as part of
witchcraft in West Africa.[3]
History
Juju is sometimes used to enforce a contract or
ensure compliance".
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by tempest01(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Decryptor:
Isi gbawakwa gi ebe ahu! Onye mmo!
UKAM
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Enoquin: There is more than one first bank in uyo, perhaps you should have mentioned the specific branch especially as not all Nairalanders stay in Uyo.

I'm sure it's the one at Plaza. Haven't passed there today though
Always read well before you comment
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by suzyluv(f): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
This place dose not look like a bank to me, it look like a boutique

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by chikejude(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Una too fear, this is a traditional summon notice. Its not a Juju
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by TeetoEsq(m): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
were the security men/agency guarding the premises sleeping? Gosh!
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Akan(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Decryptor:

If una like, make una build Burj Al Arab 7 star style hotel...A backward people makes a backward state.
People who still murder octogenarians for accusations of witchcraft. SMH! angry angry

Your fada!! I said it ewu like u. Ndisime awo uneghe
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by pendusky(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
I went to the premise myself to witness the situation after i gat update of the incident by @uyotraffic on twitter, I had to snap it well, despite the fact, there was still a long queue at their ATM.. check my pix below! sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Enoquin(f): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
NnamdiN: my dear it's stated there that it's the plaza branch and as a result, other branches are currently congested.

Oga no vex. I didn't see Plaza mentioned, only 'heart of town' at least on the pasted article. Perhaps it's mentioned in the blog.
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Enoquin(f): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
MEGA4BILLION: Always read well before you comment

Kindly point out where 'Plaza' was written in the article. I specifically said it was for the benefit of those who didn't know Plaza was Uyo's heart of town.
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by NnamdiN: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Enoquin:

Oga no vex. I didn't see Plaza mentioned, only 'heart of town' at least on the pasted article. Perhaps it's mentioned in the blog.
sorry ma. I get your point. Those in uyo know plaza is the heart of town. Even if the article had specified plaza branch, those outside wouldn't still know.

I get your point still. cool
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
If dem born u wel, go commot d plaintain leaf
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by wiseonE1: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by wiseonE1: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Decryptor:

Which Ewet Housing? The one after Uyo High School? Is that all you can boast of? Ewet housing wey no reach half of Aladinma Housing Estate for Owerri...or you think you are talking to someone who has not lived in your "Dog-Eating" state before?
Is it the oil money that pain you or the dog meat that your grandmother fed you with or your dusty erosion prone state?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by TeetoEsq(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
I trust my people... The most dreaded of all juju na we get.... whether u be government or corporate body.... Go try ur power there, na there u go rot instantly...
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Teeto, Esq:
I trust my people... The most dreaded of all juju na we get.... whether u be government or corporate body.... Go try ur power there, na there u go rot instantly...

Una Carry jazz no be small.
A beautiful place it is,I must confess.
Akwa IBOM Ayaya!!!
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Ivreke: 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
In akwa ibom we dnt have tym 2 beg using open letter, (like obj) go make it straight n physical. If dem born u well go remove am, if u wake up d next morning na set up.
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Enoquin(f): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Decryptor:

If una like, make una build Burj Al Arab 7 star style hotel...A backward people makes a backward state.
People who still murder octogenarians for accusations of witchcraft. SMH! angry angry

A negative blanket statement that is so not fair to most of the good people of the state. I wonder how minds like yours work because a certain set of people do not live their lives the way you/your people live yours or want them to.

I guess states where people are lynched in public are 'forward' states?

Nfana Ibagha, the 'backward' state will maintain its hospitality and keep moving forward slowly but surely.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Enoquin(f): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
NnamdiN: sorry ma. I get your point. Those in uyo know plaza is the heart of town. Even if the article had specified plaza branch, those outside wouldn't still know.

I get your point still. cool

True. But neither will I know 'whatever plaza' or 'junction' in another state. Shalom
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Nonywendy(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
NnamdiN: Bank may not open tomorrow...
Customers may be frustrated as First Bank Nigeria
PLC, Uyo may not open tomorrow following a
traditional injunction placed at the entrance of the
banking hall by unknown persons.
The building which is allegedly owned by Joesco
Group of Companies, Uyo, is located at the heart of
the town and is widely regarded as the most
patronized and busy bank in Akwa Ibom State.
The source of the traditional injunction is yet to be
known as at press time, with many believing that a
fued may have ensured between the owners of the
Property and the bank or aggrieved customer or staff
of the bank who may not be happy with the
management of the institution.
After the injunction placement, customers were seen
in large numbers rushing in to cash on the ATM
machine as a precautionary measure to avoid being
financially incapacitated as the week begins, while
some are uncertain whether or not the bank will open
tomorrow for business following the ugly incidence.

blog4all-com..com/2014/01/traditional-injunction-shuts-down-first.html?m=1
does dat entrance llok like first bank door? Pls stop dis joke. Microfinance bank sef no dey look like dis archaic burglary entrance. Ptchewwww
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by Nonywendy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Its nt first bank door. Mumu!
Kzyah: Thomas,go n see 4ursef na.
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by chixman: 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
holamiday: Is this really the entrance to a First Bank branch? I doubt that.

Dat was customers only entrance gate. I was there in the morning to withdraw money with ATM, I can believe what I saw at the entrance of the bank. Wonder shal neva end.
Re: First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) by NnamdiN: 12:17am On Jan 07, 2014
Nonywendy: does dat entrance llok like first bank door? Pls stop dis joke. Microfinance bank sef no dey look like dis archaic burglary entrance. Ptchewwww
na wa o. I wonder if you expected to see an armoured vehicle there sha. That's the entrance bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paternity Scandal: FCMB's MD, Adam Nuru Goes On Leave As Probe Begins / The Ban On Imported Rice Is Still In Effect - Nigerian Customs / Paystack Investors Enjoy 1440% Return On Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.