Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 (13877 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2014
TOPIC: Redeemed

"Saturday 22, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 31:1–14*

*"Key Verse: “For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he” (Jeremiah 31:11)."*
Several years ago, there was a  couple that worked as missionaries among an extremely primitive tribe in some remote island of the Pacific Ocean. It was such a backward tribe that cared not for their bodies but rather lived in filthy and repulsive environment. The missionaries refused to concentrate efforts to teaching hygiene to the people, but only preached to them to be clean on the inside by the blood of Jesus. This they did with much passion and prayer. When asked the reason for their blunt principles, they explained: “When a person is inwardly cleansed, the outward cleansing follows. Jesus makes the difference in anyone’s life.” 
Life had been difficult for the people of Israel. They languished and suffered severely in the land of their captivity all because of iniquity and continual disobedience to their Maker. Now, in our passage today, the promise of restoration comes from the Lord to His people. Though, Israel’s socio-religious life was destroyed, it shall revive again. Though the nation was brought down low and great afflictions and difficulties attended their way, there shall be deliverance. God will manifest Himself in the change that was coming to Israel for His faithfulness, loving kindness and unfailing love, but Israel must acknowledge her sin, and seek Him with supplication and true repentance. When Israel must have returned to true worship and to obeying God’s word, then life will become worth living. 
This same message remains true today. Your night can be turned into day. Your gloom can give way to brightness and joy, your humiliations to exaltation, and your failure to good success. Jesus will make the difference in your life if you will give your heart to Him. When He comes in, He will change your life for the better. One full step in genuine repentance and faith in Christ’s atoning blood will make heaven smile down at you. It is like you never sinned before. Experience joy! Confess your sins to Him and ask Him to come into your heart today.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Only God can make a new life out of the old."*
*Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2014
TOPIC: Value Of Obstacles"Sunday 23, November 2014"*TEXT: Jeremiah 31:15-26* Key Verse: “I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God” (Jeremiah 31:18)."*
One man, a golf enthusiast, was telling another man how hard it was, on a certain course, to drive the ball over a ditch that lay between the tree and the green. “Why don’t they fill up the ditch?” asked the second man. An old lady was watching a game of tennis, and saw how often the ball was driven against the net. “Why don’t they take down the net?” she asked.
It is hard for many to comprehend the value of obstacles, hazards,  hindrances and chastisements. They cannot understand the joys of the chase. They never entered into the delight of overcoming. If the time ever comes when all our ditches are filled, all our nets taken down, life will be too tame to live. Let us praise God daily for the hurdles in the way, face them cheerfully, and overcome them with a shout!
Though Israel, like an estranged wife had gone away from the Lord who is their spiritual husband and had been taken into captivity by enemy nations, the Lord did earnestly remember her still. His bowels of mercy are troubled for how she has fared while in captivity. They bemoaned themselves and sighed by reason of their afflictions like a bullock unaccustomed to his yoke. But He encouraged them to repent and take advantage of the new hope in His new creation. Today, this is made possible through the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
Though we may pass through circumstances that tend to dampen the joy of saints, some things are said to encourage faith, hope, and joy, and to abate sorrow and weeping. The Lord watches over us and is going before us. He calls upon backsliders to return unto Him with a promise of pardon and forgiveness. Like the father of the prodigal son, the Lord has been waiting for His sons and daughters to return home.
Every believer is precious in the sight of the Lord. Like a shepherd would not lose one sheep, or a jeweler one diamond, or a mother one child, the Lord will not lose one of His redeemed people. However little we may be, if we are the Lord’s, we are preserved in Christ Jesus.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Our extremities are the Lord’s opportunities."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
TOPIC: Never Stop Believing

"Monday 24, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 31:27-40*

*"Key Verse: “And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more” (Jeremiah 31:34)."*
Consider this scenario: You are confronted with seemingly intractable problems; there is a sickness or affliction that has defied cures. You have been battling a certain negative habit which you have failed repeatedly to kick. You have prayed and fasted, and nothing seems to be changing. The natural instinct in many people is to throw their hands up in frustration. The truth is that most times, we give up too soon. But it is just when we come to our wit’s end that the Lord steps in with a solution.
He did just that for the Israelites. For long, they had bemoaned their condition. They had borne the Lord’s chastisement, and they had prayed for forgiveness and pardon, but it seemed nothing was happening. But just when all hopes seemed lost, the Lord vowed to rekindle His blessings on them with the same fervour with which He brought punishment on them. He would initiate a new covenant with them. This would be totally different from the deal He had with their forefathers. He would write His laws in their hearts so that He would be their God and they His people. They would not need to be taught to know the Lord; but all of them, from the least to the greatest, would know and love the Lord because He would forgive their iniquity and remember their sins no more. He pledged that so long as the sun, moon and stars continue to shine, day and night remain, heaven and the foundations of the earth remain beyond human comprehension, so would Israel remain as a nation. Israel would be built up and flourish again, and would no longer be ravaged by enemies.
No matter your situation in life and how dire your condition may be, you must never give up hope. You must continue to have faith in God, and expect His loving intervention. If you got entangled in sin, you must quickly repent and cling to God’s grace to grant you a new life of righteousness. You must never stop believing that He loves you, and that He desires the very best for you. He may appear to be delaying His intervention, but rest assured that the Lord is never late or too early. Therefore, “hope thou in God.”
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Never forget the best part: God is with us!"*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
TOPIC: Beyond The Bars

"Tuesday 25, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 32:1-15 *

*"Key Verse: “For Zedekiah king of Judah had shut him up, saying, Wherefore dost thou prophesy, and say, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall take it” (Jeremiah 32:3)."*
“Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man; we shall this day light such a candle, by God’s grace, in England as (I trust) shall never be put out.” With these words, Hugh Latimar, the Protestant reformer cheered his fellow martyr, Nicholas Ridley as the two men were about to be burned at the stake for refusing to embrace Catholicism during the infamous reign of Queen Mary. The queen got rid of both men in order to stop the preaching of the truth.  But God’s word is irrepressible. True to Latimar’s prediction, in no time, the gospel outshined both Queen Mary and Catholicism in England.
Prophet Jeremiah was imprisoned by King Zedekiah for his prophesy concerning the impending doom of the king and the city of Jerusalem. But vain is such an effort because God’s messenger may be imprisoned but not God’s word. The words spoken by the prophet came to pass as surely as daylight comes after night. The siege of Jerusalem had actually begun a year before. King Zedekiah should have heeded the admonitions of Jeremiah by penitently turning to the Lord and seeking His intervention. No, “Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him” (Proverbs 27:22). Sin was the cause of the whole trouble, yet the king added wickedness and callousness to it by shutting the prophet in. Sin hardens and kills.
Jeremiah’s confinement did not shut him off from hearing from God.  Right there, the Lord instructed him to buy a plot of land off Hanameel, his nephew. This land purchased in the threatened city was symbolic of the fact that after the predicted captivity in Babylon, God would cause the people to return to their own land. As for the despotic king, he was bound to stand as a captive before Nebuchadnezzar to face the music. All these eventually came to pass.
What is your attitude to God’s warnings? Seek not to suppress nor neglect them. You may stave off impending danger only by making your ways right with God.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Hardness of heart is the worst response to divine warning."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2014
TOPIC: Awesome God

!"Wednesday 26, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 32:16-25*

*"Key Verse: “Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee” (Jeremiah 32:17)."*
Kings and emperors in the past wielded such power and authority over their subjects that made their presence evoke awe and terror. Their words could mean death or life. Some even considered themselves as semi-gods and demanded to be worshipped. But whatever power they might have had and whatever they might have thought of themselves, they were still human and were plagued by all the weaknesses known to man. 
Yet God is God! He alone possesses such power and authority that cannot be questioned or limited by any factor. Prophet Jeremiah knew Him better. That was why when he considered all the judgment God had determined to bring upon the people of Judah, he shuddered! God’s power and might is awesome and overwhelming. He has the power to bring to pass whatever He has determined to do. If He has determined to bring judgment upon people, He can do it and no one can question Him. His power can also bring to pass what human mind consider impossible.
In today’s passage, the prophet illustrates with the purchase of the land, the promise of God to restore the children of Judah to their land after their captivity in Babylon. This is possible, for according to the prophet, there is nothing too hard for God to do.
The knowledge of God’s awesome power should produce certain effects in us. It should make us know that God’s word is not to be toiled with. Whatever He says, either a proclamation of judgment or a pronouncement of blessing, He is able to bring to pass. We should, therefore, reverence and honour Him in all that we do. We should not attempt to take His word for granted or His delayed judgment as a sign of weakness. If He has held back His judgment to this point, it is only because He is merciful and longsuffering, waiting for the sinner to embrace His mercy and repent. It should also make us have confidence in all the good promises He has given to us, knowing that He is able to bring everyone of them to pass.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is no match to the power of God."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:36am On Nov 27, 2014
TOPIC: Destruction Pronounced

"Thursday 27, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 32:26-35*

*"Key Verse: “Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and he shall take it (Jeremiah 32:28)."*
“Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God” (Romans 2: 4, 5). This passage aptly summarises the nation of Israel’s perennial cycle of sin against God, His word and commandment. It is also true of the rest of the world today taking God for granted.
The children of Israel were freed from Egyptian captivity and slavery by the mighty hand of God. The gods of Egypt could not stop the God of heaven and earth. The commandment to them (and to us today) among other commandments was clear. “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3). But they set aside this commandment and upon their roofs “they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods to provoke me to anger” (verse 29). Provoking God to anger through idol worship was the height of their disobedience and rebellion. A just recompense awaited them – the righteous judgment of God.
As it was with the children of Israel so it is with many people today. “They have changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man and to birds  and four footed beasts and creeping things” (Romans 1:23). Idolatry begins when we change the truth about God into a lie, worship and serve the creature more than the Creator. The result? The righteous judgment of God, woe, doom, and misery!
We can escape this unpleasant experience and needless pain today by examining ourselves. Let us return unto Him when the evil days of avoidable pain and anguish have not yet come.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Whatever diminishes our love for God is an idol."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2014
TOPIC: Covenant Of Mercy

"Friday 28, November 2014"

*TEXT: Jeremiah 32:36-44*

*"Key Verse: “And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me” (Jeremiah 32:40)."*
A pastor in Norfolk, Virginia, phoned the editor of a religious newspaper and gave him the topic of his Sunday morning sermon, “The Lord is my shepherd”. The editor asked, “Is that all?” The pastor replied, “That is enough.” The editor, thinking that the words were part of his subject, announced the pastor’s topic as follows; “The Lord is my shepherd. That’s enough”. To know the Lord as our protector and provider is enough to all fears and assuage all our sorrows. There is nothing as comforting as to know that God has made a covenant of mercy with His people through the death and sacrifice of the Lord Jesus to care, protect and support them throughout their journey in life. 
Our text reveals a turning point in the history of the children of Israel when God promised to “…gather them out of all countries wither I have driven them in mine anger; and in my fury and in great wrath, and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely.” Prior to this time, it was a story of woes, defeat and affliction for the children of Israel. They incurred the wrath of people because of their disobedience and rebellion. They suddenly obtained mercy because of God’s constant love and compassion.
Micah recalled this graciousness of God when he wrote “Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy” (Micah 7:18). The same mercy Paul the apostle obtained is what all born again believers receive. The story of Calvary is purely the story of peace God made with mankind. “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God”. God is still in the business of making peace with sinners because He delights in mercy.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is self-destruction to reject God’s mercy.  "*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
TOPIC: Don't Spare

Saturday 29, November 2014 TEXT: Proverbs 23:13-25

Key Verse: “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die” (Proverbs 23:13).

The new trend now in parenting in some parts of the advanced world is to rule out corporal punishment for children. The plausible explanation is that it is barbaric and wicked. Children need to be loved. It presupposes that even the kindergarten knows and understands what an adult knows, and a parental frown is a sign of wickedness and lack of affection. It further presupposes that the judgment of the young ones is as sharp as that of an adult. So, why beat the child for whatever reason?

The result of the past few decades of childhood indulgence is all too evident now. Children now grow up to become rebels, outlaws, vagabonds, drug addicts, sex maniacs, gun runners, murderers, street fighters, etc. The countries that embark on the crusade against ‘child abuse’ have already started reaping the seeds of indulgence they sowed several years ago. Their adolescents and young adult now strap trousers below the buttocks, turn their fez caps backwards, cultivate long, unkempt hair and make obnoxious tattoos on their bodies. There are dangers awaiting the world in the hands of political and business leaders from a growing number of poorly trained youths that are fast becoming adults.

Our passage here underscores the need for parents to correct their children and instruct them to give their minds to the Scriptures. Accompanied with prayer, and blessed of God, it will prove a means of preventing his destruction. In view of the potential risks, parents must, therefore, encourage their children, telling them what would be for their good.

How do you handle your child now? Do you ignore his failings, hoping that things will naturally correct themselves? Or, do you take steps to bend his will now that he can still be shown the right way? The choice is yours to make.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is easier to train a child than mend an adult.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
TOPIC: Danger of Careless Lifestyle

"Sunday 30, November 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 23:26-35*

*"Key Verse: “Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?” (Proverbs 23:29)."*
A few years ago, in one of the Western nations, a popular, elegant and wealthy lady, who was then at the prime of her youth, died tragically in a terrible auto crash that also claimed the life of her boyfriend while they were returning from a popular hotel in that city. In one of the numerous commentaries published in the newspapers on her time and life as well as her tragic and untimely death, someone said: “those who live on the fast lane of life often perish on it.” 
In our passage today, we are reminded of this timeless truth as painted very clearly in the picture of the consequences of yielding one’s life, interest and emotions to the two most terrible indulgences: women and wine or adultery and addiction. While no sin or unrighteousness is excused by God or is without its consequences, the obvious fact is that men and women suffer physical, financial, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual calamities as a result of indulging in reckless lifestyles such as partying, drunkenness, adultery or fornication and addictions. 
However, God has already given us the way of escape in verse 26: “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.” The path to victory and dominion over sin is to give your heart to God and to observe God’s ways as shown us in His word. 
To overcome the temptations of being entrapped by these common and prevalent sins, one must go beyond mere resolutions or mere confessions of the sins. There must be personal decision to receive the grace of God through salvation in Christ  and be determined to keep the word of God in one’s heart as we regularly remember the consequences, now and in eternity, of indulging in sin.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A careless life is like a candle in the wind."**"
"**Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Abiolainfo: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Since January, I'm not eating this one again oooo cheesy grin
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:
Since January, I'm not eating this one again oooo cheesy grin

wat do eat now?
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:45am On Dec 01, 2014
TOPIC: Sundry Lessons

"Monday, December 01, 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 24:1–20*

*"Key Verse: “If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain” (Proverbs 24:11)."*
Every moment in life presents a challenge and the challenge presents us with opportunities. What you do with the opportunities that come your way ultimately determines the sum of your life. To help you in life, God did not only send His Son Jesus to save, but also gave His word to guide you.
As you look at today’s passage, you will find instructions that can help you to please God and your neighbour. They will also give you peace and joy. Believers are warned not to be envious of evil people. Wicked people today are being celebrated because the world likes evil. Their judgment is deferred by God because He wants their salvation; so people think that the wicked is approved by God. God does not love evil and so, He instructs us not to desire or be like them. 
By wisdom and understanding, we can build and furnish our life (house). When there is confusion, we should obtain good counsel. Of course, not every counselor is wise. Only a wise person can give wise counsel. A multitude of bad counsellors will destroy you. Seek the wise and get wisdom. It will establish you.
As a believer, you must be strong against the moment of trouble or else you will be swallowed up. Put on the whole armour of God. Be prepared always against the evil hour. Do not faint, but be strong. Fear God and be steadfast in your commitment. Obey the good laws of the land. Don’t be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. 
Refrain from having respect of persons. Stand for righteousness. Your decision to follow Christ is the true evidence of wisdom and make sure you follow on with daily obedience to His word.
*"Thought for the day: It is wisdom to be different and unique."*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Abiolainfo: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
hisableplc:

wat do eat now?

Latest manna cheesy grin
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Latest manna cheesy grin

frm above or below
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Abiolainfo: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
hisableplc:

frm above or below

Are you really asking mee
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Are you really asking mee

was keen abt d latest so am all hears
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Once again i want to use this media to thank our Hon. mods who made it possible for the thread to hit FP we did hit sometimes this year before d famous data loss and now we are there again its not by power nor by might. We couldnt have done it without you our lovely devoted readers pls take time to like n share even if u have nothing to comment you might b blessing some1.
Stay Blessed n Happy New month to you all
Dont give up 30 days is too much for God to still do Whay He has promised to do
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2014
TOPIC: False Witness Forbidden

"Tuesday, December 02, 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 24:21-34*

"*Key Verse: “He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him” (Proverbs 24:24).*"

As the world becomes more and more materialistic, many people have jumped on the bandwagon of hero-worship for the sake of filthy lucre. In many societies, virtues have given way to vanity. The philosophy of many people now is, “the end justifies the means.” Cases of miscarriage of justice are rife. It is now a case of, ‘if you can’t beat them, join them.’ Today, we do not have many Prophet Nathans who can tell king David, “thou art the man.”
According to the wise king, false witness against the innocent is a grievous sin in the sight of God. Nowadays, majority applaud ill-gotten wealth. In their eyes, it is being smart to dupe another person to make money. Notorious armed robbers, murderers, serial adulterers and tricksters are given high honour in society because of their wealth. This category of people always have their way whenever they are dragged to court. 
Believers are advised to always say the truth, no matter the implications. Our society today is filled with all manner of gang-up against the innocent, assassinations, ritual murder, miscarriage of justice, oppression and harassment. Innocent people are framed-up and dumped in prisons without cause while there are deceivers all over the place who use their sugar-coated lips to lure people into problems and still walk away freely without anybody prosecuting them; they use their positions in society or their financial status to suppress justice.
As we go about our business today, we must determine to live for Christ in all we do or say. In our neighbourhood, offices, market places and anywhere we may find ourselves, we must make up our minds never to be a party to wicked works.
*"Thought for the Day: Rise like a Lilly in a Valley."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:36am On Dec 03, 2014
TOPIC: Stoop to Conquer

Wednesday, December 03, 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 25:1-15*

*"Key Verse: “Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men:  For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen” (Proverbs 25:6,7)."*
The book of Proverbs is certainly a great source of wisdom to the discerning. It offers guidance to those who are diligent enough to utilize its provisions in their day-to-day endeavours.
Our text today offers us admonition on sundry issues, ranging from humility to the use of our tongue. Solomon, the author of this book, understood by divine revelation that good kings are made by good counsellors and that to have a blameless king, wicked counsellors must be banished from the court. He harps on the need for humility. A man who craves exaltation must actually humble himself.
Solomon also emphasizes the need to settle whatever differences we may have with our fellowmen, out of any legal framework, as much as possible. At the same time, he warns about the impropriety of leaking the secret of fellowmen entrusted to us, as this negative use of the tongue is tantamount to betrayal. He recommends a soft tongue because it possesses the power to subdue the most obstinate resistance.
Solomon’s admonition should be an eye-opener to everyone today. This is because the sundry issues of wrong counselling, pride and negative use of the tongue seem to be the undoing of many. They constitute the little foxes that spoil the vine (Song of Solomon 2:15). Surprisingly, some believers are so carefree that despite the effects of these strange attitudes, they still do not realize the negative weight of their behaviour. Such believers risk rejection by God at the end of their journey. The only way out for them is to breakup their fallow ground and seek the Lord so that He can reign righteousness upon them. How about your life?
*"Thought for the day: Humble yourself before God and He will exalt you."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
TOPIC: God's Way

"Thursday, December 04, 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 25:16-28*

*"Key Verse: “If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink” (Proverbs 25:21)."*
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 55:8 ) . A songwriter puts it this way: “If you’re in the Saviour’s hands, you must do as He commands, for there is no other gospel way... It’s the way, God’s way... Never put the message by, never stop to reason why? When the Saviour speaks to you, just obey.”
In our present world of strife and constant violence, revenge has become a common norm deeply embedded in the average natural man. No one wants to either give up or let go. Unfortunately, this unscriptural way of life is being gradually injected into Christendom as a normal way of life. We now have such popular slogans as “back to sender”; “fire for fire”; “prayer of vengeance”; “Holy Ghost fire consume them”, etc. Such coinages, which now thrive amongst believers, negate the Scriptural injunction of love for our enemies.
The popular notion among such believers is that the earlier you crush your enemy out of the way, the better for you. But come to think of it, who actually decides the fate of the so–called enemies? Is it our violent approach of “fire for fire” or the providential power of God? Has God not given us enough promises in the Holy Writ to ensure our constant, continual victory over every enemy, no matter how determined or powerful? God said: “But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries” (Exodus 23:22). With faith in the power of God to subdue our enemies and our daily walk with Him, there is no “stubborn” enemy that can withstand the mighty power of God.
Whatever the opinion of men, our Saviour has shown us the way by sacrificially loving us when we were yet enemies. Our concentration therefore should be acts of piety, sympathy and goodness to all men.
*"Thought for the day: Enemies can become our friends as our ways please God."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2014
TOPIC: Take Heed

"Friday, December 05, 2014"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 26:1-19*

*"Key Verse: “As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools” (Proverbs 26:9)."*
One of the folklores of a prominent culture group along the west coast of Africa relates to the wisdom contained in one of their proverbs that while a finger points towards another person, the other four fingers (invariably) point to the accuser. This means that, sometimes, the accuser is more guilty than the person being accused.
In the passage for our devotion today, we see the deep wisdom dripping from the parables of king Solomon. The meaning of verse 9 is that normally, the first prick of a thorn alerts the victim and he removes the thorn before it inflicts a deadly injury. A drunk person however, may not feel the thorn, and so it works its way into his flesh. Similarly, a fool may not feel the sting of a parable, or a sermon or precept, because he does not see where it touches his life. Instead of taking the point to heart, a fool will “parry” it to another person - a spouse, a friend or whoever he is rebelling against. So, the next time we find ourselves saying, “so-and-so should really pay attention to that,” we should stop and ask ourselves “is there a message in it for me?”
Many believers have become so familiar with the word of God that whenever they hear a message from God, it becomes very ordinary. This is dangerous and the consequence of this “spiritual insensitivity” is spiritual death. Backsliders are therefore encouraged today to trace the cause of their backsliding and return to God. You have the opportunity to accept the Lord Jesus today as your personal Lord and Saviour if you’ve not done so; and if you have, ensure that you maintain a victorious Christian living through a closer walk with the Saviour.
*"Thought for the day: “The warning bell tolls but for us.”"*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:44am On Dec 06, 2014
TOPIC: Honour the Lord

"Saturday, December 06, 2014"

*Text: Leviticus 22:26-33*

*"Key Verse: “Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you, That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD” (Leviticus 22:32,33)."*
On profanity, Charles Spurgeon said, “Whenever I hear a man swear, I always pray for him, it is a horrible thing that men should blaspheme, curse and swear. But I believe that there would be less of these evils if all Christians prayed whenever they heard an oath, for the devil would see that it would not pay for him. For fool though he is, he has some sense left.”
In our passage today, we see God demanding from Israel and all His children, decorum in worship, ensuring that that which is offered to the Lord is pure and holy, and offered with a transformed heart and attitude. The cow or ewe and the young should not be offered the same day. The name of the LORD is to be held in honour among His own sons and daughters and His commandments obeyed as our Saviour, Redeemer and Maker.
Profanity of God’s holy name comes in different ways today. Using God’s name to affirm what is said is disrespectful to the Maker of heaven and earth. This must be confessed and repented of. The Scripture says our words should be yea, yea or nay, nay.
We have to be very careful the way we relate with others so that we do not become a stumbling block. Romans 2:24 says, “For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written”. A life of hypocrisy and sin leads to blasphemy, dishonour and reproach of the Lord who died and paid the full price to rescue us from sin and Satan.
A life of purity and holiness honours God. When David went into sin with Uriah’s wife, the Lord said, “wherefore has thou despised the commandment of the Lord to do this evil...?” (2 Samuel 12:9). “Because by this deed, thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme” (2 Samuel 12:14). Keep your heart and life pure.
*"Thought for the day: Your soul is like a mirror to reflect the glory of God."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2014
TOPIC: Holy Convocation

"Sunday, December 07, 2014"

*Text: LEVETICUS 23:1-8*

*"Key Verse: “These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons” (Leviticus 23:4)."*
A prominent African Pastor traced back his conversion to a camp meeting held for youths many years ago, even when his motive of going there was quite different. Holy Convocation attracts the presence and power of the holy God.
Moses instructed the children of Israel to observe different feasts which God ordained for them to symbolise specific purposes. God appointed these feasts to make the children of Israel remember His dealings with them and for celebration, fellowship and worship. They were to observe the Sabbath day of rest every week and also enjoy other national holidays. The Passover was to be celebrated to reflect when God spared the lives of Israel’s first born children in Egypt and freed them from slavery. The feast of unleavened bread was to remind the people that they were leaving the old life behind and entering into a new way of living.
Careful reflection on what each of these holidays symbolises will draw the  heart of a heaven-bound pilgrim closer to God. Much can be learnt about people in every nation on how they observe and celebrate their holidays. Of course, not all national holidays today are holy convocations. Christians must take note of all holidays and ask what they say about their values before celebrating them.
God is a spirit, and they that worship Him must do so in spirit and in truth. Holy convocations that are characterised by sensuality, frivolity and immoral lifestyle negate the primary purpose of such gatherings. Godly fear with reference, worship, adoration, deep solemnity must be the prevailing features of all holy assemblies. Those who stray away from weekly meetings, special camp meetings and retreats in pursuit of other ephemeral things of life are missing the peace, purity, power and provisions that freely accompany holy convocations.
*"Thought for the Day: Seasons and festivals come and go but God remains the same."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2014
TOPIC: Keeping the Feast

"Monday, December 08, 2014"

*TEXT: LEVITICUS 23:9-22*

*"Key Verse: “And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete” (Leviticus 23:15)."*
In His infinite wisdom, God instituted holy feasts and convocations for the children of Israel. Each of these feasts were instituted for a purpose and He expected strict compliance if they would enjoy His blessings.
Our text today deals with some of the feasts instituted by the Lord especially the Feast of Pentecost which is also known as the Feast of weeks. It is called the Feast of weeks because it was observed fifty days or seven weeks and one day after the Passover. It is also called the Feast of harvest. The Feast of Passover also known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread was divinely instituted to commemorate Israel’s deliverance from Egypt and the sparing of their first born sons when all the first born of the Egyptians died. This was made possible by the killing of the Paschal Lamb, pointing to the shedding of the blood of Christ, for the salvation of the whole world. Every sinner who applies the blood of Jesus upon his heart by faith would receive forgiveness of sin, pass from death to life and be made a new creature in Christ Jesus.
Fifty days after the Passover comes the Feast of Pentecost. While the children of Israel ate unleavened bread during the Feast of Passover, they were to eat bread that was leavened at Pentecost because it was an acknowledgment of God’s goodness to them in their ordinary food which was leavened, whereby they offered generously to the Lord, giving glory to God as the Lord of their harvest. This annual feast was instituted in remembrance of the giving of the law upon Mount Sinai, the fiftieth day after they came out of Egypt.
It is noteworthy that the pouring out of the Spirit upon the apostles and the early church was on the day of Pentecost, exactly fifty days after Christ our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Moreover, there was a repetition of the law by which they were required to care for the poor connected with the Feast of Passover. This taught them and us by application, that the joy of harvest should express itself in charity to the poor.
God cares for His people. He has provided salvation for every sinner, sanctification for believers and the Spirit’s baptism for the saints. “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.”
*"Thought for the day: All things are ready; believe and receive."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2014
TOPIC: Day of Atonement

"Tuesday, December 09, 2014"

*TEXT: LEVITICUS 23:23-32*

*"Key Verse: “Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD” (Leviticus 23:27)."*
When we think of atonement, we are apt to think only of what man gains.  We must remember what it cost God and His dear Son to redeem man. Let us not forget that the crucifixion of Christ was indeed intended to be for all. It was the most significant exhibition of the love of God. The atonement, for which the cross is the symbol, is wholly ethical in its implications. On the cross, mercy and truth met together, righteousness and peace embraced each other. The blowing of the trumpets represented the preaching of the gospel through which men are called to repentance and to accept the salvation of Christ which was signified by the Day of Atonement. The sound of trumpets at the beginning of the year was meant to call Israelites to shake off spiritual drowsiness and amend their ways.
In the atonement, God has revealed to humanity His saving love. He does not wish to condemn the world but to save it through His Son. The sinner must recognise that he is living under a sentence of death, awaiting the coming judgment. The sinner must look to Jesus as bearing the just penalty for sin on the cross. The sinner must trust that God has accepted this sacrifice on his behalf by raising Jesus from the dead (Romans 10:9). When a sinner abandons all hope of his righteousness before God and trusts in the provision of God in the death and resurrection of Jesus, he finds refuge in Christ. The sinner is now at peace with God. In fact, he is now a ‘new creature’ because Jesus died for the world.
The activity of the church should reflect the harmonious result of the atonement. Similarly, mature believers are to be careful not to offend weaker believers, for whose sake Christ died. Instead, believers are to bear with one another, forgiving one another just as God also forgave them in Christ.
*"Thought for the Day: In the atonement, God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself"*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
TOPIC: Forget Not

"Wednesday, December 10, 2014"

*TEXT: LEVITICUS 23:33-44*

*"Key Verse: “That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God” (Leviticus 23:43)."*
Forgetfulness is an unfortunate condition of the human memory. Unless we have great events recorded as memoirs, and are constantly reminded of them, memories, even of the most celebrated cases that brought blessings our way, soon become faded and in due time, obliterated like footprints in the sandy storm of the desert.
God knew that succeeding generations of the children of Israel might soon forget the great mercies and kindness which He showed to their fathers. Therefore, He took steps to perpetuate the remembrance of His kind deeds to Israel in the wilderness by instituting the Feast of Tabernacles, which was one of three important festivals all males in Israel were obliged to commemorate.
The Feast of Tabernacles  was specifically instituted to commemorate Israel’s sojourn in the wilderness when they were safely secured in tents in their journey to the Promised Land. For 40 years in the wilderness, Israel had no comfortable homes, they dwelt in tents, but God was with them to protect them. They planted no corn nor had vineyards but God fed them daily with manna and water out of the rock. Now in the Promised Land, they would dwell in the comfort of their homes and enjoy harvests of corn and of goodly fruits. Such kindness ought not to be forgotten, and for this purpose, the Lord commanded this annual memorial to draw the people’s attention back to God. Today, true Christians owe it a duty to God to constantly remember His kindness in saving them from sin and bringing them into the fellowship of His dear Son.
Life is like a journey through the wilderness. There is no resting place here, and we look forward to seeing our mansions in glory. If we believe in Jesus and follow His way which leads to that better country where there is no pain nor sorrow, hunger nor thirst, sickness nor death, it will sure be ours. Our duty is just to follow and not to forget.
*"Thought for the day: Christ’s atonement is as unmerited as it is unforgetable."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
TOPIC: Keep Shining

"Thursday, December 11, 2014"

*TEXT: LEVITICUS 24:1-9*

*"Key Verse : “Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually” (Leviticus 24:2)."*
Whitefield was one of the most zealous preachers of the gospel the world has ever seen. Fervent in spirit, instant in season and out of season, he was a burning and shining light that turned thousands to God. Yet, he says, after preaching for thirty years, “Lord, help me to begin to begin.”
The Lord commanded the children of Israel, in our text, to bring in the highest quality of olive oil to cause the lamps in the Tabernacle of the congregation to burn continually. He instructed Aaron, the High Priest to supervise both the quality and quantity of olive oil provided to ensure the fire does not go out, but burn continually upon the pure candlestick before the Lord. In the book of Revelation, Christ explained the mystery of the candlesticks to signify the church of the living God (Revelations 1:20). This clearly shows that the Lord wants His church to be zealous and fervent. 
A painted fire cannot warm; a painted banquet cannot satisfy hunger; and a formal religion cannot bring peace to the soul. It is curious and instructive to observe how history repeats itself, and how sameness there is in the human heart in every generation. Many go to church to listen to sermons as a display of rhetorics, and eloquent preachers are cheered with clapping of hands, and stamping of feet. It is almost like visiting the theatres and amusement parks of the world. There is no heat in their religion. 
Being members of the established church is not enough, we must have the pure oil and pure fire in our lamps to ever have the hope of eternal life. Christ was a burning and shinning light. He declared: “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” (John 9:5). Believers must not be cold and lethargic; we must have the constant supply of the oil of the Spirit in our lives continually till the Lord comes.
"*Thought for the day: The church is not a refrigerator but an incubator.*"
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 8:32am On Dec 12, 2014
TOPIC: Shun Blasphemy

"Friday, December 12, 2014"

*TEXT: LEVITICUS 24:10-23*

"*Key Verse: “And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death” (Leviticus 24:16).*"
Some of the most damning words are those we speak when provoked. When spoken against men, the words hurt greatly. They damage relationships, destroy families, and cause division in the church. It is worse when those words are spoken against God.  For such is the ultimate expression of bad faith and the Almighty does not take kindly to such conduct.
The Lord had been handing down numerous ordinances to the children of Israel, all comprehensively intended to ensure that they maintained the right relationship with Him. It was at such a time that the son of a woman of Israel, whose father was an Egyptian, had a quarrel with another Israelite. In a fit of fury, he unconscionably left the man he had problems with and began swearing and making blasphemous statements against the God of Israel. Such an offence was a novelty among the people, hence they did not know how to handle it. They arrested the man and locked him up until God directed Moses on the sentence to pass on the offender. For blaspheming against God, the man was sentenced to death. And to underscore the seriousness of his offence, the man was to face public execution by stoning. The whole congregation was to participate in the execution. This sentence was decreed not just for the strangers among the Israelites (as this man who had an Egyptian father), but also for all Israelites. God did not discriminate between the Israelites and non-Israelites. Whoever blasphemed against God would face the music. This was intended to drive the fear of the Lord into all the people.
Blasphemy is a serious offence because it impugns the integrity and sovereignty of God. It speaks ill of God and reduces Him in the esteem of men. It is a breach of the first commandments of God; it takes His name in vain. God is too great and holy to be toyed with. To curse or joke with the name of God is blasphemy. Those who treat the name of God as they do with men are guilty of blasphemy. And every act of blasphemy will attract the severe judgment of God now in this life, and later in eternity. If you have blasphemed God, you must quickly repent, ask Him for forgiveness, and pledge never to dabble in such a sin again.
*"Thought for the day: It is damning to venture near the border of blasphemy."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2014
TOPIC: Speak Out

"Sunday, December 14, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 32:11-22*

*"Key Verse: “Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles” (Job 32:19)."*
A  little lad sat at the lobby in a king’s palace and watched as some of the king’s attendants were conspiring to kill the king.  The conspirators knew he was dumb and therefore, did not mind his presence. Knowing what the men were up to, the handicapped child got so infuriated by their mischievous moves and looks that, at length, he voiced out, “Don’t you know he is the king?!” So intense was his emotion that his vocal cord opened instantaneously.
Similarly, Elihu, after patiently listening to the disputations between Job and his friends concerning divine providence, was painfully uneasy and could not hold back his own opinion. Although he had a superior insight, he also erred with the view that Job might be suffering for his sin.  But he had some adorable attributes. He had respect for elders; therefore, he waited for his elders to speak till they had exhausted their ideas. He was a good listener. He was prudent – he knew the appropriate time to speak. He was impartial and God-fearing.   
Elihu was “full of matters” and was constrained to speak. Oh that we, who have the truth that sets free, are so constrained to speak out in these days of error. We have listened to and watched the prevailing ignorance even among religious front-liners, intellectuals, elders of the land and political leaders. We have found that truly, “Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment”.  But the grace of God has endowed us with the secret of abundant life. We cannot afford to watch on as ignorance drags others to eternal perdition. We who know the terror of God upon sinners must persuade men. The love of Christ should constrain us to open up and speak the saving truth.
In declaring the gospel, we must, like Elihu, be filled with a sense of accountability to God. We should neither flatter men of influence and wealth nor excuse the poor and suffering.
*"Thought for the day: Concerning gospel preaching, sealed lips often signify absence of fire in the heart."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2014
TOPIC: Vain Struggle

"Monday, December 15, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 33:1-13*

*"Key Verse : “Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters” (Job 33:13)."*
Man has displayed so much ingenuity in his creative ability over the years. From the beautiful works of Arts, to sometimes astonishing scientific and technological inventions, man has fully explored the creative ability with which he was endowed. These scientific  breakthroughs have been designed to serve man, advance his course and make life better and easier for him. There are a few things to note here. No time has man’s invention risen to challenge or question his claim and authority over it. When his invention fails to function the way it was intended, it often leads to chaos, calamity and catastrophe.
Elihu, in our passage, wonders why man struggles against his Maker and questions His sovereignty. God is the Creator. He made man for His purpose. Though man was not made a robot (a machine without a mind and a will of his own), for him to be able to attain to his best and enjoy all the provisions of God, he has to follow God’s laid down principles.
Unfortunately, man has, over the years, rebelled against God, challenging His sovereignty and questioning His authority. No wonder our world is in disorder! No wonder there is chaos, calamity and catastrophe. No wonder we look for peace and behold we get confusion, insecurity and apprehension.
Man has malfunctioned, questioning God’s authority, striving against His will in our lives and living in disobedience to His word. The simple remedy is for man to retrace his steps back to God through repentance from sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That is the only time we can know peace.
*"Thought for the day: Sin is a malfunction in man and will only result in disaster."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
TOPIC: Be Attentive

!"Tuesday, December 16, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 33:14-33*

*"Key Verse: “For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed” (Job 33:14,15)."*
A management consultancy and training outfit, in a professional effort to justify the importance of staff training by employers, had this maxim in their manual: “An ignorant person is a dangerous person…but if you don’t train him, don’t blame him”. Does the omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient God ever leave humanity in their ignorance and then turn around to judge them? The answer is NO.
God never leaves man to wallow in his ignorance. He has various ways by which He reaches out to us with His message and instruction. He warns through His chosen prophets, pastors and other church leaders today. He speaks directly to man in dreams and visions “That he may withdraw man from his purpose and hide pride from man (verse 17). Yet, if man “perceiveth it not, he is chastened also with pain upon his bed and the multitude of his bones with strong pain”.
When all His entreaties fail, God then uses chastisement: “So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat… his flesh is consumed away”. Have you allowed yourself to get to this level? Jesus Christ came to the world to give His life a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28). He is the acceptable ransom to plead your case before God.
You do not need to wait until pain and anguish come upon you. God is speaking to you, this time, not through dreams and visions, but through His word. Please, hear Him. Even so, many people are so dull of hearing that when God speaks to them through various means, they hardly hear. They also lack understanding of the word that they hardly appreciate whatever they read and hear whenever it is preached to them. Your eyes and ears of understanding can be opened today if you will come to God in earnest prayer.
*"Thought for the day: The dog that will be lost can hardly hear the hunter’s whistle."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2014
TOPIC: Just Reward

"Wednesday, December 17, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 34:1-17*

*"Key Verse: “For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways. Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment” (Job 34:11,12)."*
There can be no better way to explain the faithfulness of God in giving commensurate reward to men in all ages than the way Elihu presented it in the passage we are considering today. Elihu, one of the friends of Job eulogized God as not only being faithful but just. Miscarriage of justice sometimes occurs in the earthly courts but can never happen in the courts of heaven. The Bible affirms that every man that had ever lived in this world will appear before God to give account for deeds done in the body and “every transgression and disobedience will receive a just recompense of reward” (Hebrews 2:2).
In the inspired scriptures, justice and judgment are scarcely to be distinguished from each other. Judgment is the application of equity to moral situations and may be favourable or unfavourable according to whether the one under examination has been equitable or inequitable in heart and conduct. When the destruction of Sodom was announced, Abraham interceded for the righteous within the city, reminding God “that be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked... shall not the Judge of all the earth do right” (Genesis 18:25).
Our Lord Jesus was also consistent in affirming the justice of God when He gave a glimpse of the manner the entire world will be judged. “And before him shall be gathered all nations... And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left” (Matthew 25:32,33).
It is important to note however that Elihu emphasized spiritual truth without comprehending the situation Job found himself. The truth of the word of God must be emphasized but not without proper investigation into the facts of issues we are commenting on. “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21). 
*"Thought for the day: It is wise to think well before jumping to conclusions."*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. / The Third Eye: The Pineal Gland / Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.