Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator (2103 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Language For Numerical Analysis & Scientific Computation? / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / Algorithm For Solving Systems Of Linear Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by patrickojeh(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
I need to to know the formula for computation of sine, cosine and tangent without the use of a calculator. Thanks guys.
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by nollyj: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
If you are using Java, you should use the MATH API in Java. I did a similar thing in one of my android app.

To convert a value to sine or cosine, I used these functions

double valueOfSin = Math.sin(trigInput);
double valueOfCos = Math.cos(trigInput);
double valueOfTan = Math.tan(trigInput);
double valueOfArcsin = Math.asin(trigInput);
double valueOfArccos = Math.acos(trigInput);
double valueOfArctan = Math.atan(trigInput);

To convert to angle in degree, I used this method

double angleA = Math.toDegrees(Math.asin(trigInput));

You can also convert to radian with Math.toRadian(param)

Let me know if you have more questions
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by logica(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
nollyj: If you are using Java, you should use the MATH API in Java. I did a similar thing in one of my android app.

To convert a value to sine or cosine, I used these functions

double valueOfSin = Math.sin(trigInput);
double valueOfCos = Math.cos(trigInput);
double valueOfTan = Math.tan(trigInput);
double valueOfArcsin = Math.asin(trigInput);
double valueOfArccos = Math.acos(trigInput);
double valueOfArctan = Math.atan(trigInput);

To convert to angle in degree, I used this method

double angleA = Math.toDegrees(Math.asin(trigInput));

You can also convert to radian with Math.toRadian(param)

Let me know if you have more questions
grin grin grin
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by logica(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CORDIC

http://www.homeschoolmath.net/teaching/sine_calculator.php (Sine - Taylor's which can also be used to compute Cosine and of course Tangent)

I got that from Google.
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by patrickojeh(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
I do php. But i was curious about the formula from a mathematical angle and not from a code end this time.
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by patrickojeh(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
logica: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CORDIC

http://www.homeschoolmath.net/teaching/sine_calculator.php (Sine - Taylor's which can also be used to compute Cosine and of course Tangent)

I got that from Google.
I'll visit the link. Tnx.
Re: Algorithm For Computation Of Sine, Tangent, Cosine Without Calculator by GoodBoi1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
You can use Power series but it might not be accurate.
w

(1) (Reply)

Reimagining Nairaland's Interface / Programmers..,you Are Likely To Get Hired Twice Faster Using His Platform. / Watch 2016 73th Golden Globes Online Free Live Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.