Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

“You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! (4144 Views)

Securing A 2nd Term In Office Is No Longer A Birth Right – Obasanjo Tells Buhari / "We Will Ensure That Nigeria Will Not Survive If Jonathan Wins In 2015"--Oyegun / “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
While the country [Nigeria] grapple with the oily grips from the quibble between a political godfather and a political godson, little is made of the actual behind the scene factors that led to the crack in the formerly rosy relationship. Information available to 247ureports.com through sources close to the principal actors within the warring camps reveal what appears an unspoken truth – that dates back to the fall of Biafra to the Nigeria troops led by the then Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo in Owerri, the then capital of the federal republic of Biafra.

According to the consortium of sources who spoke on the true causative factors responsible for the turn in demeanor in the former People Democratic Party [PDP] godfather, General Olusegun Obasanjo towards President Jonathan, indicate that the chief reason for the effort to halt Jonathan’s presidency before 2015 points to the formerly agreed upon policy towards the former eastern region – which later became the Biafra territory – that then lost the war the Nigerian troops.

According to a competent source, the self – acclaimed victors of the Nigerian civil war, the likes of Buhari, Babangida, Obasanjo, Gowon, Murtala Mohammed and company – had an agreed upon policy of under-development of the region – to aide sedated the urge for another agitation group to find its footing. The policy was particularized for the south east zone.

Such policies focused on denying the region of an international airport, ability to source crude oil and refine, ability to access international trade and technology – among other sensitive developmental vectors. Through the successive government that followed after the military fall of the Biafra effort, the policy was implemented without error. Obasanjo’s regime during the civilian era ensured that the marginalization policy remained unchanged.

The talk of locating an international airport at each geopolitical zone in Nigeria saw a defiant Obasanjo when the discourse included South East region. The Obasanjo regime also saw the placement of an oil refinery in the South East as going against the agreed upon policy of the winners of the Nigeria/Biafra war. The exploration of crude oil deposits around the Kogi/Enugu/Anambra belt remained abandoned during his regime.

The surprise and uncharacteristic coming of Dr. Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan to the presidential seat brought an anomaly into the equation. The said owners of the country did not expect what his presidency may result to – as per the agreed upon policy towards the south east region. Obasanjo had promised his “co-owners” that he would be able to “control” the excesses of President Jonathan – “that Goodluck was his boy” and will be held with a short leash. Obasanjo’s northern partners were able to rest their nerves in that President Jonathan will serve a mere one term and that by 2015, he will step down from the mantle of leadership and allowed for the owners of Nigeria to continue along the path already set out by General Gowon.

A source close to Obasanjo told 247ureports.com that the former head of state had stated in serious discussions that Jonathan chances putting Nigeria at risk over his conversion of Enugu Airport to International Airport because of the history of the area. He also mentioned the opening of the Orient Petroleum oil drilling and refining services as near treasonable – because it allows the region access to precious cash commodity [as crude oil] should the region chose to declare independence from the Nigerian Union again. The source pointed out that Obasanjo sees himself as a defender of the present day Nigeria dating from post Nigerian civil war. The sources continues that Obasanjo sees himself as responsible for ensuring that the country stays together as one unit. In his mind, the eagerness of the Jonathan presidency to ease the tariff placed against the former Biafran region points to a dangerous precedence that may be copied by other leaders – if not checkmated.

The recent open letter to the President of the federal republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan by the former president, General Olusegun Obasanjo is believed by our source to be part of the program to halt the trend of easing the economic blockade against the south east and south south region. One of the principal fears – according to the source – concerns the upcoming national census exercise scheduled for 2016. The recent public utterances by the former top boss of the national population commission, Odumegwu, stating that the previous census figures were either wrong or falsified, exacerbated the fear harbored by the self-proclaimed owners of the country. It lead to the likes of Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso into issuing threats to the President charging that he sack the census commission boss – or face the consequences. President Jonathan bowed and unceremoniously sacked Odumegwu.

But Jonathan’s body language of wanting to continue his leadership past 2015 has the former president and one-time coup-plotter unsettled. Both President Jonathan and Obasanjo are reported to have met severally behind closed doors over the upcoming 2015 elections – with Obasanjo impressing on Jonathan that his desire to contest will throw the country into bloody revolution. At a recent secret meeting in Abuja [not Aso Villa], the two were said to have met at a home belonging to a high personality in Asokoro – where Obasanjo continued to remind President Jonathan that he will be embarking on a potentially catastrophic mistake should he continue to be adamant about the 2015 venture. Some of Obasanjo’s northern partners were reported to be present at the meeting – when President Jonathan responded that a truly democratic Nigeria must not be allowed to degenerate to bloody chaos over constitutional rights and freedoms. The President was reported to have made it categorically clear that Nigeria remains a free democratic society for every citizen regardless of which geopolitical zone one originates “justice must fear no evil” – to which Obasanjo retorted, “You may not survive this”.

https://www./121863631328662/permalink/234881863360171/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Indeed, there are lots of things going on in the dark concerning this country that even a Mandela or Mahatma Ghandi would be consumed if they have been privileged to rule this country! cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by 3coins(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
hmmmmmm....I fear for GEJ....I fear for Nigeria
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by bymigokeph: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
wen evil fights a man den know dat he is doing somethin gud
jona is doing something do

6 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by JomecsG: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
obasanjo is a joker
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by BishopJuice: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nothing new.

Akpabio made mention of this when he asked why the reconstruction embarked on after the civil war did not begin in the east were the war was fought.
You also have the SE coastline being neglected in place of congested Lagos port. Even where ports are available in the southeast, the FG through Customs and shipping rules designated PortHarcourt, Calabar and Warri Ports for specific cargo only while Lagos can handle virtually any cargo.

This is the legacy of the civil war that has instituted mediocrity and underdevelopment to the pace of the North and southwest. The fear of Ibos and their individual entrepreneurship is borne mainly out of envy and jealousy.

I can't blame the north as this policy is mainly by their cabal elite but the SW with all their numerous enlightened peoples who have served in governance at one time of the other know fully well about this policy and went full throttle with it.

This is why I have come to look down at most SW people.

12 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by 9jaIhail(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
If there's element of truth in this report, then it should be an eye opener to my fellow misguided igbos who believe that GEJ should be kicked out of Aso rock. We that understood the game these monsters played after the civil war will remain steadfast with GEJ. Now this report gave more insight to Amaechi last week rants , Asking if they are (BIAFRANS)

8 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by MissyDivah(f): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nigeria is on the match again looking for Mr President on the match again ************ is our man ooooo #Singing Tinz#

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice: Nothing new.

Akpabio made mention of this when he asked why the reconstruction embarked on after the civil war did not begin in the east were the war was fought.
You also have the SE coastline being neglected in place of congested Lagos port. Even where ports are available in the southeast, the FG through Customs and shipping rules designated PortHarcourt, Calabar and Warri Ports for specific cargo only while Lagos can handle virtually any cargo.

This is the legacy of the civil war that has instituted mediocrity and underdevelopment to the pace of the North and southwest. The fear of Ibos and their individual entrepreneurship is borne mainly out of envy and jealousy.

I can't blame the north as this policy is mainly by their cabal elite but the SW with all their numerous enlightened peoples who have served in governance at one time of the other know fully well about this policy and went full throttle with it.

Spot on Bro, I was shocked to the marrow when I stumbled on this page on my facebook page, I just knew a lot is going on that we (citizens) are yet to know, the more reason I keep praying for him to stay longer than 2015 to save us from the grips of these 'strong ones'!

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by OgologoDimkpa: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Two words from the article -Hatred & Jealousy angry

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Continue to look down upon them. The more you look down upon them, and possibly garnish it with insult, the easier it will be for them to change and agree with your viewpoint.

Afterall, in the art of negotiation, nothing works better and faster than looking down upon those who don't agree with you.

6 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by AbuMikey(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2014

Very ill-matured people of their age angry

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
This report contains exaggerations and outright lies.

President Umar Shehu Yar'adua, and not President Goodluck Jonathan, was the one who upgraded Enugu airport to international status.

This means the so-called policy on civil war concerning the East may not be true.

5 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by lekkie073(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
when obj says 'u may not survive this', he meant 'you won't survive it'..
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by justhelp(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice: Nothing new.

You dont need to look down on them, just try to be yourself face your problem alone, hold your gov responsible for lack of development in your region, but if you cant do all these, better GO AND DIE,cos the last time i checked SW is the most Developed Region in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
And this is what Peter Obi said in October 2008 concerning Orient Petroleum, except this report is talking about another Orient:

He said the government was working towards the take-off of the state-owned oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources Limited, thereby providing employment for the unemployed.

"So Yar’Adua and I are deeply committed to righting age-long wrongs, wrought on the Nigerian society in the areas of corruption, infrastructural decay and human rights abuses, among others," Obi said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=64784

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
ogologodimkpa: Two words from the article -Hatred & Jealousy angry

Where is the hatred? Where is the jealousy?

Yar'Adua was at the forefront of the international status of Enugu airport and Orient Petroleum.

Don't believe every report hook, line, and sinker.

Today, who is behind spreading hatred?
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by BishopJuice: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

Where is the hatred? Where is the jealousy?

Yar'Adua was at the forefront of the international status of Enugu airport and Orient Petroleum.

Don't believe every report hook, line, and sinker.

Today, who is behind spreading hatred?

Nonsense. If Yaradua was in support does that extend to you as well?

I am aware of all the bad talk that followed the commissioning of that Airport here by the Yoruba led APC e-rats.

Another confirmation that the SW mentality is the main problem of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint:

Spot on Bro, I was shocked to the marrow when I stumbled on this page on my facebook page, I just knew a lot is going on that we (citizens) are yet to know, the more reason I keep praying for him to stay longer than 2015 to save us from the grips of these 'strong ones'!

There's nothing 'spot on' in his post.

All these fabled conspiracy theories aginst the East should stop.

I have given you evidence that Yar'Adua approved Enugu airport to international status and a regional aviation hub.

What do you have to say to that.

Let's stop this 'we against them' or 'they hate us' mentality.

7 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

There's nothing 'spot on' in his post.

All these fabled conspiracy theories aginst the East should stop.

I have given you evidence that Yar'Adua approved Enugu airport to international status and a regional aviation hub.

What do you have to say to that.

Let's stop this 'we against them' or 'they hate us' mentality.
I want to believe that YOU ARE ALRIGHT undecided

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Nonsense. If Yaradua was in support does that extend to you as well?

I am aware of all the bad talk that followed the commissioning of that Airport here by the Yoruba led APC e-rats.

Another confirmation that the SW mentality is the main problem of Nigeria

Do you have any sense at all?

Provide the evidence that I opposed the upgrading of Enugu airport or go and kick the bucket!

Why do you guys just like to spead hate, rubbish and misinformation? If you feed from lies and untruths, why not restrict the odious and criminal meal to your dingy dining room?

I told you with proofs that the report in the opening post of this thread is exaggerated and filled with lies.

I told you that Yar'Adua was the President that superintended the upgrade of enugu airport and Orient?

Yet, you continued your ignorant blabbing that SW criticised the upgrade - again without any proofs.

Don't you know when to lock up your unbridled mouth and walk away with your tail between your legs?

Is it that your proclivity for violence, divisive messages, and odious meals exceed the low brainpower in your cranium? Why are your posts usually donned in desperation, laced with idiocy and wrapped in senselessness?

Can you see it's obvious you have no sense? Other sensible people, who initially but erroneously believed the report, have wisely abandoned you.

6 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint:
I want to believe that YOU ARE ALRIGHT undecided

You are the one that's sick and the sickness is in the head.

Open your eyes and your brains to read and argue with facts.

The useless and provocative report you put up there contains exaggerations and half-truths.

In a sane society, you should be offering apology for misleading people and not to be up in arms with the person correcting you.

5 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

You are the one that's sick and the sickness is in the head.

Open your eyes and your brains to read and argue with facts.

The useless and provocative report you put up there contains exaggerations and half-truths.

In a sane society, you should be offering apology for misleading people and not to be up in arms with the person correcting you.
Ok Sir, tell us your own version that is devoid of exaggerations and absolute truths please don't disappoint cool

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by BishopJuice: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

Do you have any sense at all?

Provide the evidence that I opposed the upgrading of Enugu airport or go and kick the bucket!

Why do you guys just like to spead hate, rubbish and misinformation? If you feed from lies and untruths, why not restrict the odious and criminal meal to your dingy dining room?

I told you with proofs that the report in the opening post of this thread is exaggerated and filled with lies.

I told you that Yar'Adua was the President that superintended the upgrade of enugu airport and Orient?

Yet, you continued your ignorant blabbing that SW criticised the upgrade - again without any proofs.

Don't you know when to lock up your unbridled mouth and walk away with your tail between your legs?

Is it that your proclivity for violence, divisive messages, and odious meals exceed the low brainpower in your cranium? Why are your posts usually donned in desperation, laced with idiocy and wrapped in senselessness?

Can you see it's obvious you have no sense? Other sensible people, who initially but erroneously believed the report, have wisely abandoned you.

Shatap!

You are no different than majority of the Yorubas who post here.
You hate to see any development in the SS or SE as you are jealous and envious of all other peoples progress.

You are the epitome of an African WITCH!

2 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by BishopJuice: 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint:
Ok Sir, tell us your own version that is devoid of exaggerations and absolute truths please don't disappoint cool

Leave the ediot and his aimless rantings.

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Sloan: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
You can be sure this fictional and exaggerated write-up will be accepted 1000% as fact by ibos because it appeals exclusively to their emotions! Never care about looking a bit deeper or researching the truth, they believe every other part of Nigeria is against them and thus the hate game continues! No worries but one thing is sure: when all these come to a head, I hope no one cries genocide or massacre again. I am for dividing this country or at least, a regional arrangement of government so that everyone can develop their region / country as they seem fit rather than blaming others.

For the phool.ish poster who says he looks down on his fathers, I am not surprised, because they whooped you to hell between 1967 - 1970! I am sure most of them even don't care or know about your existence. Till tomorrow, you will never be up to scratch or on their level because you are completely blinded by hate!

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Shatap!

You are no different than majority of the Yorubas who post here.
You hate to see any development in the SS or SE as you are jealous and envious of all other peoples progress.

You are the epitome of an African WITCH!

I think insanity is setting in for you. I really pity you.

At this point, I have to leave you in your incurable madness but independent-minded and honest people who pass through this thread will see the facts for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by superstar1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Someone should please tell me the big deal in turning Enugu Airport into International Airport.

Y1bos have been spewing rubbish since the naming of the airport as an international airport. Who gives a hoot whether onitsha as an airport or Uli airport is turned to intergalactical airport.

How has that taken anything away from other regions. How has that stopped able bodied men and under age children from boarding trucks to other regions.

What is the impact of the airport on other regions. I just can not understand the warped thinking of alaigbo cavemen.

Bunch of emotional and whining cowards. Can someone show us a copy of the agreed policy to underdevelop alaigbo. You have been electing noneties since 1999 and you are still blaming others for your own stupid1ty.

Right in your presence, Jigawa, Akwa Ibom, Osun, Delta etc are all taking their destinies in their hands and you are here still lamenting about one fictitious agreed policy.

All of you are on a long thingggggggggg.

1 Like

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by tomakint: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Leave the ediot and his aimless rantings.
You wondered at why I was expecting his own 'version'? He seems to know Nigeria more than those at the top, the truth is what the thread is about is nothing but the absolute truth about this contraption called Nigeria! Shortly after Biafra Civil War, Gowon promised them the 3Rs which he eventually declined on the long run, for that singular error, the Biafrans were formally emasculated which had denied them the Presidency in a country they sweated blood to build with other ethnic groups! Gowon shouldn't have defaulted on that Marshal Plan for the Biafrans even the Literary Icon of our time, Chinua Achebe posited on that in this article; http://sunnewsonline.com/new/opinion/of-achebe-awolowo-gowon-and-biafra/
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint: .

Such policies focused on denying the region of an international airport, ability to source crude oil and refine, ability to access international trade and technology – among other sensitive developmental vectors. Through the successive government that followed after the military fall of the Biafra effort, the policy was implemented without error. Obasanjo’s regime during the civilian era ensured that the marginalization policy remained unchanged.

The talk of locating an international airport at each geopolitical zone in Nigeria saw a defiant Obasanjo when the discourse included South East region. The Obasanjo regime also saw the placement of an oil refinery in the South East as going against the agreed upon policy of the winners of the Nigeria/Biafra war. The exploration of crude oil deposits around the Kogi/Enugu/Anambra belt remained abandoned during his regime.
only God stands with the igbos
Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by Pukkah: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint:

This report rests on 4 pillars:

Enugu airport, Orient Petroleum, Census, and crude oil in Anambra/Kogi.

Right?

Odimegwu goofed with his comment. Fact. Jonathan did the right thing by querying him and he resigned. Who do you blame for this? Let's be honest.

Yar'Adua approved Enugu as an international airport and as a REGIONAL hub? Fact. Right?

I've provided links to what Peter Obi said on Orient Petroleum. Right?

Crude oil exploration is also baseless as Abia is an oil producing country. Why wasn't Abia denied by the so-called 'owners of Nigeria'?

Did I leave anything out?

I'm not even supporting Obasanjo and I have serious issues with the way APC is going about some things. While I criticize him, I have also suggested many things to Jonathan as I believe he could and should have changed many things.

This report, I maintain, is spurious and calculated to create some imaginary enemies for the SE and SS. I'm not saying the SE or SS don't have enemies but this report pieced together rubbish assumptions and tales just to create hatred, panic, and pandemonium.

Erm, why are you defending the report, are you the author?

3 Likes

Re: “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! by desgiezd(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Is this truly a country?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan / This Photo Of A Pot-bellied Nigerian Policeman Has Got People Talking / Online Comedian And Ranter, Lasisi Elenu Finished Kayode Fayemi Politically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.