Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Private Car Sellers...beware - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Private Car Sellers...beware (1785 Views)

Why Do Used Car Sellers Usually Put Kegs On D Cars They Want To Sell? / Advice To Auto Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Car Sellers...beware by youngbilly1: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nigeria is a good country but nobody trust nobody, this a true life story and i hope others can learn from it. Few blocks from my place a man wants to sell his toyota camry 08,every morning he displays the car outside,at night he drive it in,some buyers would come to inspect the car "inside his compound", last week i got the news that the seller got robbed at night, the gate was pulled down, the thieves robbed the flats and took the car. yesterday i got to know he wasn't the owner of the car, he's a mechanic who's selling the car for a client. Now he has been arrested by the police for planning to steal the client's car. Sincerely is this a good thing? I wanna ask if it ok for a private car seller to give a mechanic is car to sell car for him or her or a private car seller to allow buyers inside his compound where he lives to check or inspect a car?
Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by Exponental(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
A reason car dealers dont put too much fuel in a car-to-be-sold.

1 Like

Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by youngbilly1: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2014
lol
Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by OgaTheTop2: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
Some dubious car buyers would also ask a seller to bring the car somewhere they could easily rob unsuspecting sellers. Best thing is keep such cars in a car dealer's show garage. A friend of mine nearly got robbed of his car somewhere in a remote part of LAgos. He really got lucky.
Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by youngbilly1: 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Oga@TheTop:
Some dubious car buyers would also ask a seller to bring the car somewhere they could easily rob unsuspecting sellers. Best thing is keep such cars in a car dealer's show garage. A friend of mine nearly got robbed of his car somewhere in a remote part of LAgos. He really got lucky.

thanks...
Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 28, 2014
Mr YoungBilly, I sent you an Email(Nairaland DM),would like to discuss something with you.
Re: Private Car Sellers...beware by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
youngbilly1: lol
Sorry to disturb you...I haven't gotten your reply...

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion/advice Is Needed Please / I Have A Very Good Tires For Sale / My Toyota Camry Orobo (1998) Is A Torn In My Flesh..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.