Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,321 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? (4421 Views)

Modelling And Skills / Between First-class And Skills / Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by Seun(m): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hello there,

We have talked about the things we really love to do. Can we know talk about the things we're really good at doing? I've noticed that sometimes, one may love to do something but not have the talent or skills to make a career out of it. Let's talk about those talents and skills here. I'll start with mine.

Mathematics
I've always been above average in Maths. I think I have an aptitude for maths, but it doesn't fully explain my academic performance when younger. The thing is that I'm really persistent when trying to solve technical problems. There was a time my sibling brought a maths assignment home, and when I finally came up with the solution, simply said, "I told my friends not to worry because you'll find the answer". I was so proud.

My ability to apply academic knowledge in mathematics to programming made it seem as if I was built for a career in commercial software development. I remember spending weeks deriving equations to use in a simplified 3d racing game, a smooth curve plotter for graphing, and a 3d rendering engine for scenes built out of basic geometric shapes intersecting each other (spheres, planes, and cylinders). That persistence.

Computing
I was fortunate to learn BASIC at the age of nine during a 2 week holiday course, and I immeidately developed a lot of interest. Unfortunately I couldn't develop that knowledge to satisfactory extent due to limited sponsorship - I only got to learn C++ and other languages after graduating from secondary school. I wanted to be a programmer but I couldn't practice this dream until I left OAU-Ife early, which is when I discovered how little I love commercial programming (now I'm a webmaster). Due to my sheer experience with computers, I type really fast and it helps!

{to be continued}

What about you? What are your talents and skills? What are you really good at doing?

1 Like

Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
c'mo guys theres alwayz something ure v.good at.just talk about it,something which if u pursued a career in,u could be succesful.honesty would be appreciated.
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by beyunce(f): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

we gots loads of dem.

I learnt how to use a cpu ma self i was never thought by anyone.

hop dats right.
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2006
i can sing quite well cool
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by 2fine4u(f): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2006
i can dance really good to any beats!!! it comes so natural grin
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2006
my dad got me a laptop(which i begged for 2 yrs to get)wen my brother wont lemme use the pc
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by Mcanna: 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2006
M good at blowng d trumpet, entered a competition its a pity i ddiint win sad
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by sweetnini(f): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
i'm good at singing,dancing,
solving mathematics
,fucking,sucking,licking,
making up,fashion sensing,
advicing,malice keeping, doubting,
making a guys dick hard,
twisting,business,stubborness,
sleeping,eating,loving,
understanding,duplicating,
annoying,filrting,
shopping,hissing,
hating,caring,being kind,searching
kissing,hugging,discussing,
having,getting attention,being soft,crying,,
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by dachosen1(f): 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
I'm good at singing, and freestyling. Working on my album. If u wanna hear a little snippet holla at me on my yim and i'll send u da file
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
am a lil bit gud at soccer
am on the girls soccer team in ma skool
not my best but twill do
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by eveseh(f): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2006
good singing
good dancing
good in writng songs
good  incatching
good in kicking @$$'
good  in cooking
good  in working
good in cleaning
good in listending
good in recspectable
good in picking songs
good in street dance
good in shaking
good in laughing
good in shopping
good in acting
good in chating
good in taking pictures
good in having fun
good in taking bo bull $hit
good in playing da game
good in going by da rules
good in being me
good in jeans
good in kissing
good in watching movies
good in me
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by dearzi(f): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2006
Let's see, what am i good at:

I sing, i write, have good bed side manners (in the medical sense), i'm a good listener (even when i'm sleeping, since i don't snore the person on the other side of the phone doesn't know i'm dozing grin), i take good pictures, i'm a good friend.lol.
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by Shagari2(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2006
Really good at sleeping, could sleep 24hrs stretch!
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2006
I write (have 2 novels) and a few other manuscripts, sing (been on two choirs), i'm learning to play the electric guitar, my friends say i have a very sharp mind and i understand concepts fast and easily, i think i'm good at analyzing things to the barest bones, good problem solving skills. Can do almost anything i set my mind to and i don't forget things easily. I think i make a good friend as people find it extremely easy to get used to me from first meeting.
I have an uncanny eye for detail especially if it has nothing to do with cleaning!

I cook and bake, have an attraction for babies (not a pedophilic attraction o!), i just love babysitting my cousins.

i'm horrible at dancing, bad at staying on a particularly frustrating project for long, a little scatter brained! I have a bad habbit of forgetting things but i remember the tiniest of details.
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by smartsoft(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2006
good at singing
good at composing a complete track within 40mins
good at playing Keyboard (Futured in one of the Gospel song video )
good at my computer
good at drawing an image of you
well alot ooooooooooo !
to be continued,
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by inspira(f): 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
hearing many ppl say that they can sing makes me feel as though knowing how to sing ain't a big deal.i can sing though,dance well,write nice poems ,i think i'm good at presenting stuffs and an endless list
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by DeNoble1(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
hi guys I can play keyboard very well, infact i play keyboard in my church
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
oh cool
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by sweetnini(f): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2006
De Noble:

hi guys I can play keyboard very well, infact i play keyboard in my church
thats nice wish i could
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2006
me too
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by cream2(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2006
While some people can sing and others can dance, I'm very very good at making money,  its a natural skill that I have been blessed with. I noticed it from a young age because I was that kid at school who always could make money from most situations, from selling printer paper to taking bets at school, I did it all.

And now in my mid twenties, I have been much more successful than my peers, so when people ask me what I'm good it? well its clear to see,  making money or should I say good at doing business. [before your minds wander off anywhere, its not funny business!]

Ciao
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by beyonce1(f): 12:32am On Jun 22, 2006
i love analysis, i love solving equations, algebra, best subject at school,  strangely enough i am an accountant, i luv lots of reconciliations, but i don't enjoy it anymore , sad maybe because i'm sick and tired of counting other pples money,

i love adding beauty to nature, i luvd physical geography in school  smiley

i love interior decorating, decorating cards,

and,  creating/writing forms of advertisements ,  it comes naturally .

for leisure,  i love singing, window shopping,  wink

,  and motivating people ( agony sis )
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 12:34am On Jun 22, 2006
agony aunt,
am in luv wit 2 ppl ,wat shud i do?
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by eveseh(f): 12:36am On Jun 22, 2006
svs girl,are u in love?
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 12:38am On Jun 22, 2006
kidding o
wanna c the advice agony aunt wil give on dat one
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by eveseh(f): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2006
lol
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2006
in love ke,not now anyway grin grin
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by beyonce1(f): 12:42am On Jun 22, 2006
svs:

kidding o
want to c the advice agony aunt wil give on that one

naughty smiley !
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by kazey(m): 12:49am On Jun 22, 2006
Telling the painful truth without thinking twice (need to work on some part though, such as being sensitive), Designing Websites, Building business concepts and models, Convincing and winning business leads and making money.
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 12:50am On Jun 22, 2006
@beyone
hey gurl
sup?u bck and am bck!!!
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by beyonce1(f): 12:53am On Jun 22, 2006
at ur service ,
Re: Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? by SvS(f): 12:54am On Jun 22, 2006
oh sorry,ure different 4rm beyunce
tot twas u
guessed u must ave been freaked out
sorry
hi neway

(1) (2) (3)

Careers For Graduate With Degree In Banking And Finance / Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? / Port Workers To Down Tools Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.