Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? (2116 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Ghanaians Comment On Their Country's Plan On Letting Nigeria Mint Their Currency / 18 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia Today (monday, 04, 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
In 2001 the world began talking about the BRIC countries - Brazil, Russia, India and China - as potential powerhouses of the world economy. The term was coined by economist Jim O'Neill, who has now identified the "Mint" countries - Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey - as emerging economic giants. Here he explains why.

So what is it about the so-called Mint countries that makes them so special? Why these four countries?

A friend who has followed the Bric story noted sardonically that they are probably "fresher" than the Brics. What they really share beyond having a lot of people, is that at least for the next 20 years, they have really good "inner" demographics - they are all going to see a rise in the number of people eligible to work relative to those not working.

This is the envy of many developed countries but also two of the Bric countries, China and Russia. So, if Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey get their act together, some of them could match Chinese-style double-digit rates between 2003 and 2008.

In terms of wealth, Mexico and Turkey are at about the same level, earning annually about $10,000 (£6,100) per head. This compares with $3,500 (£2,100) per head in Indonesia and $1,500 (£900) per head in Nigeria, which is on a par with India. They are a bit behind Russia - $14,000 (£8,500) per head - and Brazil on $11,300 (£6,800), but still a bit ahead of China - $6,000 (£3,600).

Read the rest here: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25548060

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Write is down, until Nigeria has light and people can easily turn on the light and manufacture without diesel on hourly basis, whatever we experience will always be a shadow of what it could have been . . . Nigeria has all that is needed to be an economic giant but without light, good roads, health system and security, i am not sure we will be able to get there.
So please tell our govt and everyone too to take us to that level
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy: Write is down, until Nigeria has light and people can easily turn on the light and manufacture without diesel on hourly basis, whatever we experience will always be a shadow of what it could have been . . . Nigeria has all that is needed to be an economic giant but without light, good roads, health system and security, i am not sure we will be able to get there.
So please tell our govt and everyone too to take us to that level

True.
With the way the Gov't of Nigeria is presently run, we will only achieve a shadow of our potentials.
But there is hope. I prefer a presidential candisate from APC to win the 2015 elections so that incumbents stop taking Nigerians for granted. Such competition will make these corrupt leaders sit up.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:

True.
With the way the Gov't of Nigeria is presently run, we will only achieve a shadow of our potentials.
But there is hope. I prefer a presidential candisate from APC to win the 2015 elections so that incumbents stop taking Nigerians for granted. Such competition will make these corrupt leaders sit up.

I honestly dont care what party is in power nor does it matter to me what region the person is from, and the gender is of no use to me, i just want someone that really have a vision and zeal to make that great nation be as great as she could be.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I honestly dont care what party is in power nor does it matter to me what region the person is from, and the gender is of no use to me, i just want someone that really have a vision and zeal to make that great nation be as great as she could be.

I think a lot of Nigerians share your sentiment.
The question is how do we get there?

We know PDP will field GEJ come 2015. Is that what we want for Nigeria to make great strides going by PDP's antecedents since February 2010 when GEJ became president?
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:

I think a lot of Nigerians share your sentiment.
The question is how do we get there?

We know PDP will field GEJ come 2015. Is that what we want for Nigeria to make great strides going by PDP's antecedents since February 2010 when GEJ became president?

Well before GEJ someone else was there, and before that person was another, from the start till now, they have all been nothing but failure, so it is time for Nigerians to be educated about what it could have been, so we could vote with our head and not sell or votes in the name of he is Yoruba, she is Ibo and why would i vote for Hausa, let us vote for someone that MIGHT be able to get the job done, let the youth be involved, but them most youth of today knows nothing but the signs of money . . . So i weep for Nigeria
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Well before GEJ someone else was there, and before that person was another, from the start till now, they have all been nothing but failure, so it is time for Nigerians to be educated about what it could have been, so we could vote with our head and not sell or votes in the name of he is Yoruba, she is Ibo and why would i vote for Hausa, let us vote for someone that MIGHT be able to get the job done, let the youth be involved, but them most youth of today knows nothing but the signs of money . . . So i weep for Nigeria

Since 1999...It has been PDP.
IMHO OBJ performed above average considering he inherited a country which had no democratic institutions. OBJ basically started from scratch and built something to be improved upon. Let's be fair: OBJ assembled the best economic team in recent history of Nigeria.
His one and greatest failure was his third term agenda. It's failure led to Yar'adua and eventually GEJ (where we are today).
PDP needs to be replaced just to prove that Nigerians can change out non-performers. I assure you that if APC gets in they'll want to show Nigerians why they're better than PDP and that is how competition leads to improvement in performance/governance.
Rome wasn't built in a day hence we shouldn't lose all hope.
This is the practical way to go about getting better leaders. I don't have a lot of hope with the National Confab.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
OBJ(edited from GEJ) has the opportunity to give Nigerians light and what happened, he spent billions of $$ and still no light, but wont like to go into all that anyways, cos i remember he installed Yaradua and GEJ, so he either knew what he was doing or had a motive that backfire on his face, but in all, i just pray that we look and search deep this time to elect a man/woman of any tribe that will steer Nigeria to a higher ground
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy: GEJ OBJ had the opportunity to give Nigerians light and what happened, he spent billions of $$ and still no light, but wont like to go into all that anyways, cos i remember he installed Yaradua and GEJ, so he either knew what he was doing or had a motive that backfire on his face, but in all, i just pray that we look and search deep this time to elect a man/woman of any tribe that will steer Nigeria to a higher ground

I agree. I'll rate OBJ's performance as 60%. But our present situation is OBJ's legacy.
Sincerely, Nigeria cannot afford another 4 years of GEJ's cluelessness / cordoning corruption (I rate GEJ 35%) if the MINT prediction is to happen in our live time.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:
I agree. I'll rate OBJ's performance as 60%. But our present situation is OBJ's legacy.
Sincerely, Nigeria cannot afford another 4 years of GEJ's cluelessness / cordoning corruption.

So tell your friends and i will tell mine that when the politicians promise them a bag of rice in exchange for their vote, they should say NO. . .let everyone go to polling stations with their camera phones and records any fraud seen, let all INEC officials record any malpractices for the world to see, let us make the next election a true representation of what the people want . . And tell our brothers to stop voting based on tribe but based on "Who can get the job done" and i will tell my people too . . Enough is Enough!

1 Like

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy:

So tell your friends and i will tell mine that when the politicians promise them a bag of rice in exchange for their vote, they should say NO. . .let everyone go to polling stations with their camera phones and records any fraud seen, let all INEC officials record any malpractices for the world to see, let us make the next election a true representation of what the people want . . And tell our brothers to stop voting based on tribe but based on "Who can get the job done" and i will tell my people too . . Enough is Enough!

I'll tell them: collect the bags of rice, red oil, salt, 2000 naira from them politicians. Deceive them. Vote for the best candidate (I'm hoping it will be an APC candidate since we know PDP's candidate already).
I will say chop their money but vote for Broom. Don't vote for Umblerra.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:

I'll tell them: collect the bags of rice, red oil, salt, 2000 naira from them politicians. Deceive them. Vote for the best candidate (I'm hoping it will be an APC candidate since we know PDP's candidate already).
I will say chop their money but vote for Broom. Don't vote for Umblerra.

That means they are not any better than the bad people too, cos they are coming to you and i to deceive us and them do otherwise once they are voted in. tongue
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy:

That means they are not any better than the bad people too, cos they are coming to you and i to deceive us and them do otherwise once they are voted in. tongue

Sincerely with the poverty that abounds in Nigeria do you think the average man on the street can resist these gifts from politicians? I dare say no.
Discouraging them to refuse the gifts won't convince them. Teach them to vote for the candidates of their choice, protect their votes but wisen up and collect those gifts.
Wayo man die... Cunning man bury am
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:

Sincerely with the poverty that abounds in Nigeria do you think the average man on the street can resist these gifts from politicians? I dare say no.
Discouraging them to refuse the gifts won't convince them. Teach them to vote for the candidates of their choice, protect their votes but wisen up and collect those gifts.
Wayo man die... Cunning man bury am

cry cry cry
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fhemmmy:

cry cry cry

Bros no worry e go better.

Do you remember the parable of the unjust (but shrewd) servant in the Bible (Luke 16:1-13)? Worth a read even if you don't read the Bible.
Wisdom is necessary to survive this world.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
LRNZH:

Bros no worry e go better.

Do you remember the parable of the unjust (but shrewd) servant in the Bible (Luke 16:1-13)? Worth a read even if you don't read the Bible.
Wisdom is necessary to survive this world.

That makes me feel better

1 Like

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Keep ''weeping for Nigeria'' while local and foreign investors are busy developing the economy. Sure, you know more about Nigeria than major local and international financial giants and think tanks. It is people like you, expecting a ready-made utopia, who cannot distinguish the road to perfection from perfection itself. ''Oh, we cannot develop without 24/hour power, excellent infrastructure and an end to corruption''..Yes you will have to, because development IS 24hr power, excellent infrastructure, and no corruption. You cannot point to the end of the road and say ''I can't get there because I'm not there already!''
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 08, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Keep ''weeping for Nigeria'' while local and foreign investors are busy developing the economy. Sure, you know more about Nigeria than major local and international financial giants and think tanks. It is people like you, expecting a ready-made utopia, who cannot distinguish the road to perfection from perfection itself. ''Oh, we cannot develop without 24/hour power, excellent infrastructure and an end to corruption''..Yes you will have to, because development IS 24hr power, excellent infrastructure, and no corruption. You cannot point to the end of the road and say ''I can't get there because I'm not there already!''
nice response.. couldn't help but marvel at the level of ignorance exhibited by those 2..
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Nice response but with what we ave right now, show me the roadmap to what we trying to do....
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
ROSSIKE:

scipher:
nice response.. couldn't help but marvel at the level of ignorance exhibited by those 2..

@ ROSSIKE,
In the the article, Dangote, Africa's richest man is quoted as saying:
"Can you imagine, can you believe, that this country has been growing at 7% with no power, with zero power? It's a joke"

If Dangote thinks Nigeria is a joke for not generating useful amount of power, then who are you?

These your investors that you imply will come and fix your country while you a Nigerian is not doing anything to help yourself. Is having 24hrs electricity (heck 18hrs sef) per day a miracle? And we are still flaring gas associated with producing our crude oil. You expect too little of yourself apparently.

Please stop sugarcoating. We all realise the potential of Nigeria and but we are not taking advantage of that potential at the moment. I'd rather discuss, raise awareness about our problems and act than live in dreamland like ROSSIKE.

@ SPHINCTER abi na SCIPHER,
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. - Proverbs 17:28
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
I am just shocked that they refused to read what was said, cos we never said Nigeria wont grow nor develop, only that those essential will make the growth even faster
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Fhemmmy: I am just shocked that they refused to read what was said, cos we never said Nigeria wont grow nor develop, only that those essential will make the growth even faster

You know ROSSIKE is a blind nationalist. The type that would have made a very loyal Nazi foot soldier in Hitler's Germany if he were german in that era.
The type Fela will call out as Zombie!
He lacks the ability to reflect on realities around him and ponder if defending all about a country is worthwhile.
He has a track record.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

@ ROSSIKE,
In the the article, Dangote, Africa's richest man is quoted as saying:
"Can you imagine, can you believe, that this country has been growing at 7% with no power, with zero power? It's a joke"

If Dangote thinks Nigeria is a joke for not generating useful amount of power, then who are you?

You can lie and twist Dangote's words and meaning all night all day, that's your business. Dangote is the LAST MAN TO EVER call Nigeria ''a joke''. What he meant was POSITIVE ie that the country's economy was growing exponentially even with power supply issues, showing its amazing potential to hit double digit growth. Dangote is on COMPLETELY OPPOSITE SIDES FROM YOU. Where you see negativity, he sees positive. Where you deride and disregard the nation's future, he is full of hope and assurance of the nation's bright future.

Nobody throws billions of dollars into a place they consider ''a joke'', so do not twist Dangote's words here to falsely mirror your dark views about Nigeria. People like Dangote and other investors are smart enough to see the trajectory of the nation and the way it's headed, while people like you are so myopic, negative and shortsighted, you cannot smell any future. You dwell in the now. Power is bad now so it will always be bad. There is corruption, so progress can never happen. That's your mentality. Dangote and other investors pouring into Nigeria as we speak, have a very different mentality. They study the power privatisation program. They study the FG's power roadmap. They study the number of power plants coming on stream, the power transmission facilities being developed across the nation. They study the positive trends in infrastructural development. Then based on their projections of increased power and better infrastructure in the coming years, they make big investment decisions. YOU need to think like them. Learn to align your assessment of Nigeria with the current economic policies of the govt and execution of same, instead of this lazy approach of not wanting to know, and dismissing everything on the basis of ''corruption''. When you finally learn to do this, you will understand why investors are pouring into Nigeria, with the likes of Dangote investing their hard earned billions into this country. Right now you DON'T understand why anyone would invest in Nigeria, because you are hampered by your pessimism, disinterest, myopia, and inability to see the big picture.

See: https://www.nairaland.com/1249139/foreign-investors-pour-into-nigeria

These your investors that you imply will come and fix your country while you a Nigerian is not doing anything to help yourself. Is having 24hrs electricity (heck 18hrs sef) per day a miracle? And we are still flaring gas associated with producing our crude oil. You expect too little of yourself apparently.

I really don't know what you're saying here. Most nations on earth are developing states and they all have power supply problems. Probably less than 20% of the world's population experience 24/7 power. You cannot use that as something to keep beating us over the head with. Supplying uninterrupted power is a process, not something you just achieve as if by magic especially when you're a developing nation with a huge population. India, Brazil, Pakistan, China even, still experience power cuts. Still battle with power issues till tomorrow. If you dispute I could drop you some links. In Nigeria, so long as we can point to signs that power supply is improving, and will continue to do so - and we can - then we're on the right track.

Please stop sugarcoating. We all realise the potential of Nigeria and but we are not taking advantage of that potential at the moment. I'd rather discuss, raise awareness about our problems and act than live in dreamland like ROSSIKE.

More negativist claptrap....Do you see Dangote ''raising awareness about our problems''? NOPE. He is busy SOLVING problems. He's busy DOING. Creating. Investing. Strategizing. Empowering. Developing. GET OFF YOUR LAZY BACKSIDE, stop pointing fingers, and DO SOMETHING to help others and yourself. Your job on earth is not to point fingers at others or at govt and blame them endlessly for not being perfect, which you call ''raising awareness''. Your job is to add your own unique, positive value to the community/nation, move on, and let subsequent generations do theirs.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by LRNZH(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You can lie and twist Dangote's words and meaning all night all day, that's your business. Dangote is the LAST MAN TO EVER call Nigeria ''a joke''. What he meant was POSITIVE ie that the country's economy was growing exponentially even with power supply issues, showing its amazing potential to hit double digit growth. Dangote is on COMPLETELY OPPOSITE SIDES FROM YOU. Where you see negativity, he sees positive. Where you deride and disregard the nation's future, he is full of hope and assurance of the nation's bright future.

Nobody throws billions of dollars into a place they consider ''a joke'', so do not twist Dangote's words here to falsely mirror your dark views about Nigeria. People like Dangote and other investors are smart enough to see the trajectory of the nation and the way it's headed, while people like you are so myopic, negative and shortsighted, you cannot smell any future. You dwell in the now. Power is bad now so it will always be bad. There is corruption, so progress can never happen. That's your mentality. Dangote and other investors pouring into Nigeria as we speak, have a very different mentality. They study the power privatisation program. They study the FG's power roadmap. They study the number of power plants coming on stream, the power transmission facilities being developed across the nation. They study the positive trends in infrastructural development. Then based on their projections of increased power and better infrastructure in the coming years, they make big investment decisions. YOU need to think like them. Learn to align your assessment of Nigeria with the current economic policies of the govt and execution of same, instead of this lazy approach of not wanting to know, and dismissing everything on the basis of ''corruption''. When you finally learn to do this, you will understand why investors are pouring into Nigeria, with the likes of Dangote investing their hard earned billions into this country. Right now you DON'T understand why anyone would invest in Nigeria, because you are hampered by your pessimism, disinterest, myopia, and inability to see the big picture.

See: https://www.nairaland.com/1249139/foreign-investors-pour-into-nigeria

I really don't know what you're saying here. Most nations on earth are developing states and they all have power supply problems. Probably less than 20% of the world's population experience 24/7 power. You cannot use that as something to keep beating us over the head with. Supplying uninterrupted power is a process, not something you just achieve as if by magic especially when you're a developing nation with a huge population. India, Brazil, Pakistan, China even, still experience power cuts. Still battle with power issues till tomorrow. If you dispute I could drop you some links. In Nigeria, so long as we can point to signs that power supply is improving, and will continue to do so - and we can - then we're on the right track.

More negativist claptrap....Do you see Dangote ''raising awareness about our problems''? NOPE. He is busy SOLVING problems. He's busy DOING. Creating. Investing. Strategizing. Empowering. Developing. GET OFF YOUR LAZY BACKSIDE, stop pointing fingers, and DO SOMETHING to help others and yourself. Your job on earth is not to point fingers at others or at govt and blame them endlessly for not being perfect, which you call ''raising awareness''. Your job is to add your own unique, positive value to the community/nation, move on, and let subsequent generations do theirs.

Ok.
I was busy making money and adding value to my immediate community while you are here ranting and misinterpreting Dangote.

I think you'll make a bad teacher to say the least. I want to be economical with the facts about your state of mind because I'm busy. You're incorrigible and we know it.

[Returns to making money and adding value]
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Ojowanle: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Go away Jor, Fhemmmy. You're not a Nigerian! What do you mean it doesn't matter what region the person is from? Nigerians dont talk like that. (Ok end of sarcasm)

Honestly, I've been using this forum for a long time and its difficult to come across reasonable voices like yours, Fhemmmy. What's stopping people of like minds like you from getting together to start demanding justice and good governance? With contributions like the ones you've made I'm beginning to have hope in Nigeria's future.

Oh, dont get me started on people taking camera phones to polling stations...unless you have all day to talk about that. Even if you do I'll be using up all of poor Seun Osewa's cyber space.

Please make your voice heard more often. Please, lets drown out the bigots and tribalists on Nairaland.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Ojowanle: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
@LRNZH Mehn! This Rossike dude is just impossible. Cannot imagine anybody disagreeing with the fact that without stable power supply this country can only be shadow of what she could be! Talk about blind patriotism and nationalism. Its @Fhemmmy's type of patriotism we want not Rossike's.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ojowanle:

Go away Jor, Fhemmmy. You're not a Nigerian! What do you mean it doesn't matter what region the person is from? Nigerians dont talk like that. (Ok end of sarcasm)

Honestly, I've been using this forum for a long time and its difficult to come across reasonable voices like yours, Fhemmmy. What's stopping people of like minds like you from getting together to start demanding justice and good governance? With contributions like the ones you've made I'm beginning to have hope in Nigeria's future.

Oh, dont get me started on people taking camera phones to polling stations...unless you have all day to talk about that. Even if you do I'll be using up all of poor Seun Osewa's cyber space.

Please make your voice heard more often. Please, lets drown out the bigots and tribalists on Nairaland.

I am so humble with your words . . . there is hope for Nigeria but we have to face the fact and speak the truth, together we could make it happen.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
I told Iya Moria the pepper seller in my neighbourhood that Nigeria is now one of the "MINT" countries. She replied "Yes o, we have now begun to make peppermint".

1 Like

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
HNosegbe: I told Iya Moria the pepper seller in my neighbourhood that Nigeria is now one of the "MINT" countries. She replied "Yes o, we have now begun to make peppermint".

Nice one
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
HNosegbe: I told Iya Moria the pepper seller in my neighbourhood that Nigeria is now one of the "MINT" countries. She replied "Yes o, we have now begun to make peppermint".
lol
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ojowanle: @LRNZH Mehn! This Rossike dude is just impossible. Cannot imagine anybody disagreeing with the fact that without stable power supply this country can only be shadow of what she could be! Talk about blind patriotism and nationalism. Its @Fhemmmy's type of patriotism we want not Rossike's.

You lack common sense even after what has been explained to you. I repeat: No developing nation of more than 30 million people has ''stable power supply''. What you are saying is tantatomount to saying, ''we cannot be developing until we are already developed''. It is ONLY developed nations that have stable, widespread power supply. So it is ST.UPID to say ''we cannot get where we want to get until we have stable power''. India are still doing all sorts of things even though they have problems of power, illiteracy, crime, you name it. Like Nigeria, their power supply is increasing year by year, but it is by no means ''stable'' or widespread. Yet. But it will be. And by the time it does, THEN they will be a developed nation.

Just like Nigeria is moving forward in all facets INCLUDING power supply, yearly increasing its output. Stable power accessible to all is an element of being a developed nation. It is not something you attain BEFORE becoming a developed nation. It is something you attain when you ARE a developed nation. Just like affordable food for all, excellent schools, great roads, health care for all, excellent rail networks, huge, advanced manufacturing industry, jobs and opportunities for all, etc are what you get when you are ALREADY A DEVELOPED nation. You do not get all those things in place when you are a DEVELOPING nation. That is what it MEANS to be a DEVELOPING state. It means you are NOT YET THERE BUT ARE HEADING THERE.

Hopefully this bit of common sense will sink into someone around here.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Ojowanle: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You lack common sense even after what has been explained to you. I repeat: No developing nation of more than 30 million people has ''stable power supply''. What you are saying is tantatomount to saying, ''we cannot be developing until we are already developed''. It is ONLY developed nations that have stable, widespread power supply. So it is ST.UPID to say ''we cannot get where we want to get until we have stable power''. India are still doing all sorts of things even though they have problems of power, illiteracy, crime, you name it. Like Nigeria, their power supply is increasing year by year, but it is by no means ''stable'' or widespread. Yet. But it will be. And by the time it does, THEN they will be a developed nation.

Just like Nigeria is moving forward in all facets INCLUDING power supply, yearly increasing its output. Stable power accessible to all is an element of being a developed nation. It is not something you attain BEFORE becoming a developed nation. It is something you attain when you ARE a developed nation. Just like affordable food for all, excellent schools, great roads, health care for all, excellent rail networks, huge, advanced manufacturing industry, jobs and opportunities for all, etc are what you get when you are ALREADY A DEVELOPED nation. You do not get all those things in place when you are a DEVELOPING nation. That is what it MEANS to be a DEVELOPING state. It means you are NOT YET THERE BUT ARE HEADING THERE.

Hopefully this bit of common sense will sink into someone around here.

''we cannot get where we want to get until we have stable power''. Were the words you put in quotation marks. Please read my post again and show me where you lifted that quote from. That's not my quote and you cannot claim to be paraphrasing since you put it in quotation marks. You lifted a quote from God knows where, attributed it to me and you say I lack common sense! What you quoted was not what I said so your submissions were completely irrelevant, sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Begs America Not To Start Nuclear War With North Korea / The 10 Most Powerful Missiles In The World / Republicans have exposed themselves as intolerant & hateful this week. Discuss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.