Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (162941 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
The lorry is not filled yet, rains pouring since morning. ....... na night offloading be that cheesy

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
Tiles offloaded into the house. Expecting another batch.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
The ground water level, still the same. Windows and hoods, going in.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Lovely so far. All that tile for the house? This must be costing a fortune....but better soup na money killam
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
@Sypder, pls quick semi-off topic qns.

What's DC power source?. Like if i need to buy a modern contemporary light it says....

Power Source: DC

I believe is like saying

Power Source: AC (for air conditioning unit)

Is DC power source regular installation like others?

Is it common in 9ja?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
PeoplesArmy: Lovely so far. All that tile for the house? This must be costing a fortune....but better soup na money killam

This is less than half of the tiles needed to finish this house. More supplies to be paid for next week.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Shopping for door frames for our foreign wooden doors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
This and the two frames above are the 2x10" wooden frames. Using "Uku" wood to do these frames will cost about N9000 for each frame.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
The 2x7" version, for 6" blocks area, kitchen, toilets and bathrooms sells for N7000.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
spyder880: Shopping for door frames for our foreign wooden doors.

Those wooden foreign doors did not come with frames?

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Complete set of foreign door with frames costs N33,000 but door only costs N11,000. I am trying to buy the door only, use local frames on them and fix keys. Cost cutting strategies grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Another problem I have is the strength of the foreign wooden frames, take a look at this picture of a foreign wooden door/frame and comment.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
spyder880:

This is less than half of the tiles needed to finish this house. More supplies to be paid for next week.

Wow...i have taken time to go through the initial pages of this thread again. I can safely assume this is like building about 3 duplexes so the material consumption is not wholly surprising. Oga Spyder can we have an update as to estimate of cost so far? Are ther any cost savings from this and 3 different duplexes (basic ones)? Apart from cost of land, Is it more economical to build terrace houses than detached duplexes. Please i will like to get your opinion even if you do not have the exact figures to support this.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
spyder880:
Complete set of foreign door with frames costs N33,000 but door only costs N11,000. I am trying to buy the door only, use local frames on them and fix keys. Cost cutting strategies grin

spyder880:
Another problem I have is the strength of the foreign wooden frames, take a look at this picture of a foreign wooden door/frame and comment.

You are always the best, good choice with our local original "pako" wood. Any of your Client should be glad to have you as their Builder. Good work.

When you finished installing this local frames/foreign wooden doors, I can decide if I should do the same in my project since I already have the frames installed.. I was going for local Mahogany polished wooden doors. Please don't forget to show pictures of this hybrid installations to help
me in my own decisions too. Thank you always for the education.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
Onuokwu:

Wow...i have taken time to go through the initial pages of this thread again. I can safely assume this is like building about 3 duplexes so the material consumption is not wholly surprising. Oga Spyder can we have an update as to estimate of cost so far? Are ther any cost savings from this and 3 different duplexes (basic ones)? Apart from cost of land, Is it more economical to build terrace houses than detached duplexes. Please i will like to get your opinion even if you do not have the exact figures to support this.

Believe me when I keep saying this is a massive projects.. with 7 Units of 3 Executives Flats and some other 2 Bedrooms and 1 Bedroom Flats; it does not get any bigger than that. So, to me those materials are not surprising at all. If I have the money, I will go for the same project.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Onuokwu:

mufutau55:
Believe me when I keep saying this is a massive projects.. with 7 Units of 3 Executives Flats and some other 2 Bedrooms and 1 Bedroom Flats; it does not get any bigger than that. So, to me those materials are not surprising at all. If I have the money, I will go for the same project.
Hajji M.

This floor layout is like building 4 medium sized duplexes together. Each of the flats have 3 bedrooms, one of them to be the master bedroom is almost two rooms combined, large kitchen and bathrooms, stores and large lobbies, veranda and 4 different flights of stairs. The living room space is very large.

I made a budget of N3.8m for the tiles, high quality tiles, tiles labour, cement, sand and white cement. I am still hoping to fight till this budget completes the whole tiles work. So help me God cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
spyder880: This and the two frames above are the 2x10" wooden frames. Using "Uku" wood to do these frames will cost about N9000 for each frame.

spyder880: The 2x7" version, for 6" blocks area, kitchen, toilets and bathrooms sells for N7000.

Pray spyder what does the figures above (2x7 and 2x10) mean. Size i presume. I thought all the doors in a house are supposed to be the same size? please confirm.

The local frames look more solid but it appears they will be buried in the cement anf concrete anyway. I can reason with the cost saving goal and correct me if i am wrong, this is the main goal right?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
PeoplesArmy:
what does the figures above (2x7 and 2x10) mean. Size i presume. I thought all the doors in a house are supposed to be the same size? please confirm.

I believe it's thickness of the frames not door sizes. The 2 is the thickness of the wood and the 7 & 10 is the width of the wood..
so the 7 for probably 6 inches blocks and 10 for 9 inches blocks, which will be trimmed or if they want to put a trim wood around the frames.

If I am wrong, I am going back to the back of the class, raise-up my hands and close my eyes for punishment. smiley Oga Spyder oya, ngba!

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

Pray spyder what does the figures above (2x7 and 2x10) mean. Size i presume. I thought all the doors in a house are supposed to be the same size? please confirm.

The local frames look more solid but it appears they will be buried in the cement anf concrete anyway. I can reason with the cost saving goal and correct me if i am wrong, this is the main goal right?

Yes, sizes of the width of the frame. It works to cover the block ends completely. They are more solid than the foreign frames which has gaps as shown in the pictures above. We need to save cost as this is a residential house but not to go too low.

There are cheaper frames, this 3x3 frames will sell for N3000.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
mufutau55:

I believe it's thickness of the frames not door sizes. The 2 is the thickness of the wood and the 7 & 10 is the width of the wood..
so the 7 for probably 6 inches blocks and 10 for 9 inches blocks, which will be trimmed or if they want to put a trim wood around the frames.

If I am wrong, I am going back to the back of the class, raise-up my hands and close my eyes for punishment. smiley Oga Spyder oya, ngba!

Hajji M.

Very correct sir, only that we use 10" for 9" blocks and 7" for 6" blocks to lap with the already plastered wall. The extra inch is a provision for dressing work.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
spyder880:
Very correct sir, only that we use 10" for 9" blocks and 7" for 6" blocks to lap with the already plastered wall. The extra inch is a provision for dressing work.

Exactly what I meant, but I am lacking terminological terms to qualify my explanations. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 12:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Ogas Spyder and Hajji, thanks for the education.You guys are the best. I love this forum.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:59am On Aug 24, 2014
PeoplesArmy: Ogas Spyder and Hajji, thanks for the education.You guys are the best. I love this forum.

All Glory, Praise, Thanks, and Educations goes to Oga Spyder.. thru him I have learnt so much that I have now become a "Theorical Builder".

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Just sampling opinions, which skirting among them would you like in your bathroom wall?

Tiles and skirting combination 1
Tiles and skirting combination 2

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Tiles and skirting combination 3
Tiles and skirting combination 4

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Trust me to always show you the latest news and new product introduction into the building materials market,

ladies and gentlemen, the new designer POP centre board for the centre of your rooms.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Tiles and skirting combination 5

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2014
More bathroom wall Tiles.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
spyder880: Just sampling opinions, which skirting among them would you like in your bathroom wall?

Tiles and skirting combination 1

Combination 2 for me
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
spyder880: Just sampling opinions, which skirting among them would you like in your bathroom wall?

Personally to me, the middle tiles skirting is supposed to be a distinctive parallel division to merge the top and the bottom tiles...
So, Combination 2 does it for me... But do you have to use two types of tiles for comparison ? I still like #2 though.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
spyder880: Trust me to always show you the latest news and new product introduction into the building materials market,
ladies and gentlemen, the new designer POP centre board for the centre of your rooms.

Oga Spyder, please let us see the pictures if and when you do implement this new designer POP board.. I like the design on the second one.
And what is the cost of the board? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by waleedb: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
spyder880: Trust me to always show you the latest news and new product introduction into the building materials market,

Oga Spyder, Please where can one get this center board? Also how much does it cost?

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.