Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,515 members, 7,801,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (162833 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Onuokwu:

Oga mi, well done o. That some people like me can even comment on aspects of a building job is mostly because of the lessons i learnt here and in other construction threads in NL. Speaking for myself, the lessons have been most invaluable as can be seen from second paragraph from quote above. The additional pictures have given me, and i believe other people, especially the silent majority, fresh insights as to the process of tiling and cleaning.

Keep doing what you do best and ignore the stalkers that prefer personal attacks.

A beg make you no stop pictures of the work-in-process itself o. E dey help us learn plenty tinz and to follow the transformation! grin grin grin

OK bros, let's see this system of doing tiles, in this system we apply tiles on the bare walls. There is another method where we apply rough plastering on the walls before placing the tiles. Either way, it depends on the methods preferred by the tiling team, and agreeable to all.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Costa2000(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
If you envy successful people,you create a negetive force field of attraction that repels you from ever doing the things that you need to do to be successful.If you admire successful people, you create a positive force field of attraction that draws you towards becoming more and more like the kinds of people that you want to be like.
Oga Spyder continue the good work you are doing,i learned a lot from you, welldone and dont mind Mr Perfect.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by FastShipping: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
@Spyder

Have you used Metcoppo Roofing Sheets lately? If so, kindly display the pictures here and how much do they sell the 0.55mm Metcoppo Sheets per sq.mt?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
FastShipping:
@Spyder

Have you used Metcoppo Roofing Sheets lately? If so, kindly display the pictures here and how much do they sell the 0.55mm Metcoppo Sheets per sq.mt?

This is the last work I did with METCOPO roofing sheets, I don't know the price for 0.55mm but I will ask.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:
High quality white cement to be used as grouting material to seal the cracks between the tiles.

I am glad to be on the right track with materials used on my projects too.. I used similar brand for my Soak-aways waterproofing and other various tiling works... My brother holding the empty sack of the water-proof cement used. Thanks for the lessons.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:

This is the last work I did with METCOPO roofing sheets, I don't know the price for 0.55mm but I will ask.

Please report the latest price of the 0.45mm gauge too.. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
mufutau55:

I am glad to be on the right track with materials used on my projects too.. I used similar brand for my Soak-aways waterproofing and other various tiling works... My brother holding the empty sack of the water-proof cement used.

Hajji Mufutau

Lucky you, Hajji. Please, what is the price per bag of this water-proof cement, could you still recollect how many bags they used for your pit?
Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
FastShipping:
@Spyder

This Metcoppo Roofing Sheets, is it plastic?. Looks rigid.

@ spyder880, pardon my ignorance. I thought the wall should be plastered before fixing tiles on it?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:
This Metcoppo Roofing Sheets, is it plastic?. Looks rigid.

@ spyder880, pardon my ignorance. I thought the wall should be plastered before fixing tiles on it?

The metcopo is pure aluminium alloy just like every other aluminium roofing sheet out there.

Some tilers will plaster rough before tiling walls while others prefer to apply the tiles directly.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:

The metcopo is pur aluminium alloy just like every other aluminium roofing sheet out there.

Some tilers will plaster rough before tiling walls while others prefer to apply the tiles directly.
Is that how those tiles are designed?. Do they perfectly hold on un-plastered wall?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
kostadinis:

Lucky you, Hajji. Please, what is the price per bag of this water-proof cement, could you still recollect how many bags they used for your pit?
Thanks.

Oh! Yes. I have record for every little thing I do. We used 30 bags mixed with the regular cements for only the bigger soak-away for feces.
The bags are really small at 1kg per bag and the price was N500 per bag, they also have bigger bags like regular cement but it was not available at the time. The mixture ratio was determined by the bricklayer, I chose the medium ratio.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
@ spyder880 Great Job, Please what the process or condition to get you to work in lagos.??
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
timothy001:
@ spyder880 Great Job, Please what the process or condition to get you to work in lagos.??

Welcome bro, I am trying to get all the current jobs I have in Enugu and Port Harcourt completed.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Some toilets being done now. .....

3 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
From the kitchen wall being done now, please point out any complaints so we can get better.

6 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gabbytabby: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ekoibile,
Any semi trained eye can see that tiles still needed to be grouted and you are now sounding like someone that is allowing his bad belle to get the better of him make you no go develop ulcer over God's annoited. grin grin.

NO say I no tell you oh.

4 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
mufutau55:

Oh! Yes. I have record for every little thing I do. We used 30 bags mixed with the regular cements for only the bigger soak-away for feces.
The bags are really small at 1kg per bag and the price was N500 per bag, they also have bigger bags like regular cement but it was not available at the time. The mixture ratio was determined by the bricklayer, I chose the medium ratio.

Hajji M..
It is a good thing to keep records. I commend you for that. I also try as much as i can to keep a log of every little I do but you seem to do that better than me cheesy keep it up. Thanks for the useful info.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
spyder880:
Some toilets being done now. .....
They're lovely. Good job.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:
Is that how those tiles are designed?. Do they perfectly hold on un-plastered wall?

I think that there are different ways to do tiling now. Not everybody uses conventional cement these days. There is what is called a cement gum; a fluid substance that can be used irrespective of whether wall was plastered or not. This is also widely used for floor tiles and apart from being cost effective also enhances tiling finishes.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
kostadinis:

It is a good thing to keep records. I commend you for that. I also try as much as i can to keep a log of every little I do but you seem to do that better than me cheesy keep it up. Thanks for the useful info.

Thank you sir.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2014
spyder880:

Welcome bro, I am trying to get all the current jobs I have in Enugu and Port Harcourt completed.

When would that be sir?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
gabbytabby:
Ekoibile,
Any semi trained eye can see that tiles still needed to be grouted and you are now sounding like someone that is allowing his bad belle to get the better of him make you no go develop ulcer over God's annoited. grin grin.

NO say I no tell you oh.

Ahh..madam i don miss you o. Good to see you back and contributing.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Onuokwu:

Ahh..madam i don miss you o. Good to see you back and contributing.

We go see Madam more now because dry season don start.. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you sir.

Hajji M.

boss you got a mail.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
segzy14:

boss you got a mail.

Replied.. I need link.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
I have bought the foreign wooden doors for this house

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Selecting the best hinges and bolts to hang the doors with.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by FastShipping: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
spyder880:
Selecting the best hinges and bolts to hang the doors with.

So people still use these types of hinges in 2014? grin grin grin grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mounting the keys, hanging the doors. ...

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by esteltiarra: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
FastShipping:

So people still use these types of hinges in 2014? grin grin grin grin

Yes, they are actually very strong and durable......... tongue
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
spyder880:
Mounting the keys, hanging the doors. ...

Oga Spyder, the oyinbo doors, hinges dead lock, and key locks... how much each? Thanks.
Doors durable and easy to install? We were worrying about installation earlier in thread.
Every question for my reference oh!. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, the oyinbo doors, hinges dead lock, and key locks... how much each? Thanks.
Doors durable and easy to install? We were worrying about installation earlier in thread.
Every question for my reference oh!. smiley

Hajji M.

Please allow me some time to back up about the prices, some of the bits were supplied to me with my specifications, but they know I will always come back and haggle for the cost later grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.