Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (162985 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
shinejackie:

ln my opinion, the colour is on point, maybe individual preferences or choices..... kiss

Exactly my thoughts o..... angry

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by snowdrops(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
With green coloured roof ab initio, subsequent colour combination on outer wall is spot on as far as I am concerned

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:57am On Feb 21, 2015
Rapidx:

The reactions are only but natural. Some may have followed the project from inception hoping to see the building finished off with inviting color combinations. Well, like you said, it's all about the tenants being comfortable inside.

Yes, you are right.. I did follow the thread from the inception too... and still I "personally" don't like the paints but that is personal.
The owner knows best what he wanted and how he wanted it like that.
If Spyder build a house for me and I told him to paint it Pink, and he painted it Red, I will sue his pants off... So the owner wins. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Feb 21, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes, you are right.. I did follow the thread from the inception too... and still I "personally" don't like the paints but that is personal.
The owner knows best what he wanted and how he wanted it like that.
If Spyder build a house for me and I told him to paint it Pink, and he paint it Red, I will sue his pants off... So the owner wins. smiley

Hajji M.

grin grin The owner always wins my brother grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
All wardrobes completed here, 20 wardrobes in all.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
Fitting hinges to our kitchen cabinets

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Outside, we are making our kitchen counter tops.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
So we can complete all kitchen works. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by NL1960: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
spyder880:
Fitting hinges to our kitchen cabinets

@spyder880. Iam considering doing a small partitioning with wood in my sitting room. Do you have an idea of the type of wood that will be suitable for this.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
NL1960:

@spyder880. Iam considering doing a small partitioning with wood in my sitting room. Do you have an idea of the type of wood that will be suitable for this.

I think plywood will serve you better.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Do you really think the colour of paints can add or remove anything from the expected rental income of a finished house? http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by NL1960: 10:55am On Feb 23, 2015
spyder880:

Thanks
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kenazuu(m): 11:22am On Feb 23, 2015
Oga Spyder,

please how does the kitchen cabinet cost
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
kenazuu:
Oga Spyder,

please how does the kitchen cabinet cost

I will ask him to cost it individually, the contract was for every kitchen and every wardrobe.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
spyder880:
Do you really think the colour of paints can add or remove anything from the expected rental income of a finished house? http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

Still looking out to see what there is not to like about the colors here. Actually, I am indifferent. I however don't believe external colors have any impact on the decision to rent a property or not. Demand for flats is far higher than supply so you may just miss the flat while debating the suitability of the color. As for the interior colors, I will just repaint to suit my taste if I don't like what I meet on ground.

Determinant of rental income is primarily location (and to some extent power availability and portable water).

3 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
Onuokwu:

Still looking out to see what there is not to like about the colors here. Actually, I am indifferent. I however don't believe external colors have any impact on the decision to rent a property or not. Demand for flats is far higher than supply so you may just miss the flat while debating the suitability of the color. As for the interior colors, I will just repaint to suit my taste if I don't like what I meet on ground.

Determinant of rental income is primarily location (and to some extent power availability and portable water).

Spot on... wink

3 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 12:56am On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:
We brought in and mounted an electric pole for power supply in this house, wires and connection of light to be done tomorrow.

Oga Spyder, please in theory what is the process in mounting the concrete pole? Is there an iron basket required below the earth?
Or just dig hole and pour concrete mortar? I think I am going for the concrete pole for the life span. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:44am On Feb 24, 2015
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, please in theory what is the process in mounting the concrete pole? Is there an iron basket required below the earth?
Or just dig hole and pour concrete mortar? I think I am going for the concrete pole for the life span. Thanks.

Hajji M.

The mounting process does not require any basket or reinforcement below the ground. We dig deep to about 1.2 meters of narrow hole and then drop in the pole. Thereafter we cast with concrete.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
spyder880:

The mounting process does not require any basket or reinforcement below the ground. We dig deep to about 1.2 meters of narrow hole and then drop in the pole. Thereafter we cast with concrete.

Ok. Thank you. Well understood.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
I am disappointed. I had a expected to complete all finish works here in this site by Saturday but the works are still remaining a little.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
A little bit of painting, a little remaining interlocking, connection of electricity to the compound is remaining.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Completed kitchen cabinets. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
I had promised to leave this site by February ending, now I will spend a few more days here.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
More kitchens from different flats. ....... 8 kitchens in total.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
The furniture maker has completed his works.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by snowdrops(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
Beautiful. But what about the tap heads?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
snowdrops:
Beautiful. But what about the tap heads?

Its only the carpenter that completed his work, we'll fix the tap heads soon. Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by NL1960: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2015
NL1960:

spyder880:

@spyder880. Who normally does such partition job?. Is it a furniture person or a special partition person.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
NL1960:

@spyder880. Who normally does such partition job?. Is it a furniture person or a special partition person.

A furniture person, usually a good carpenter.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by NL1960: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
spyder880:

A furniture person, usually a good carpenter.

Thanks. Somebody told me yesterday but i doubted it and so i said that let me come to the knowledge base of Properties section of Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
Final touches of paints. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Let's hang the outside lamps. .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.