Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (162988 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
3strike:
Oga spyder,

pls whats the cost of constructions and installation of the water tank tower?

Thanks

About N645k if I remember correctly.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
spyder880:

About N645k if I remember correctly.

That thing is massive and worth every Naira of it..

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
spyder880:

The landlord of this house is interested in a hitch free tenant/tenant relationship, and that is why he insisted even after we are about to leave the site that we separate the water supply in this house to make every flat own one tank so the control, pumping and sourcing of water will be per each individual flat for one tank.

. grin

Well thought out. But just out of curiousity Could this have been considered at the onset to avoid the inevitable delay this will cause or was there an incident to cause this line of thinking?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Onuokwu:

Well thought out. But just out of curiousity Could this have been considered at the onset to avoid the inevitable delay this will cause or was there an incident to cause this line of thinking?

True, it could have been considered because of the number of tenants living in the compound. It didn't occur to me that this is Enugu where water is a little scarce in comparison to other cities like PH where it's easier to share tanks because there is usually a single borehole in each compound.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
spyder880:

True, it could have been considered because of the number of tenants living in the compound. It didn't occur to me that this is Enugu where water is a little scarce in comparison to other cities like PH where it's easier to share tanks because there is usually a single borehole in each compound.

So how many borehole is here.. I seem to see a well at the beginning of the constructions too... with those lizard killed.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:37am On Mar 19, 2015
mufutau55:

So how many borehole is here.. I seem to see a well at the beginning of the constructions too... with those lizard killed.

Hajji M.

No single borehole is here, we might not get any substantial volume of water from a borehole in Enugu urban even if we spend N3m on it. Only a well is in this compound. This is why every flat should have a tank so they can arrange for their water from water tankers when they need to. Making a general water arrangement here is a disaster waiting to happen. You go separate fight tire cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:

No single borehole is here, we might not get any substantial volume of water from a borehole in Enugu urban even if we spend N3m on it. Only a well is in this compound. This is why every flat should have a tank so they can arrange for their water from water tankers when they need to. Making a general water arrangement here is a disaster waiting to happen. You go separate fight tire cheesy

Wow! I was not aware of the water issues in Enugu there.. well, I guess they just have to spend on water tankers...
But who is to blame but our Govt., why can't Nigeria have a running water.. God help us.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:

Water tanker is an interesting alternative.

I need to calculate how many deliveries will equal the cost of a borehole.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Laying the water supply pipes into the ground, almost complete.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
A detailed washing of all the windows and every part of this house is ongoing.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:

Why is that?. Is Enugu a very hard land or what? I thought too that you already dug borehole in the compound.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
Empiree:
Why is that?. Is Enugu a very hard land or what? I thought too that you already dug borehole in the compound.

Enugu is a complex topography, sometimes water is so deep that it will take a thousand feet of hard rock drilling to get at water in substantial volumes. And you will be drilling through hard stones, shale and coal. I know places like independence layout where the super rich live, billionaires, almost all the compounds there, no boreholes because those that tried before failed. I am talking about guys that have up to N10 million to sink into a borehole.

The only part of Enugu where water is available at around 600ft is Ninth mile corner, and that's why all the tankers load water from there.

But this location has pipe borne water running at sometimes. The government is still working to provide water for everyone.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:

Enugu is a complex topography, sometimes water is so deep that it will take a thousand feet of hard rock drilling to get at water in substantial volumes. And you will be drilling through hard stones, shale and coal. I know places like independence layout where the super rich live, in almost all the compounds there, no boreholes because those that tried before failed. I am talking about guys that have up to N10 million to sink into a borehole.

The only part of Enugu where water is available at around 600ft is Ninth mile corner, and that's why all the tankers load water from there.

But this location has pipe borne water running at sometimes. The government is still working to provide water for everyone.

That ought to be the number one priority of a responsible government that cares for the masses, how can we be in 2015 and still lack water, light & good roads, l taya for naija, and the silly politicians are campaigning for votes again. angry

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:

Enugu is a complex topography, sometimes water is so deep that it will take a thousand feet of hard rock drilling to get at water in substantial volumes. And you will be drilling through hard stones, shale and coal. I know places like independence layout where the super rich live, billionaires, almost all the compounds there, no boreholes because those that tried before failed. I am talking about guys that have up to N10 million to sink into a borehole.

Ooh my, I didnt know this at all. So how do the people live for decades?. How about those living in villages, other places in Enugu...what's is the primary source of water supply?. This is what other parts of the country take for granted

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lawali: 2:06am On Mar 20, 2015
spyder880:
Foreign wooden doors ongoing. .....
Spyder, I could see you combine local frame with foreign door for this project. Pls what is the average cost per door. Is it cheaper comparing to foreign doors with frame together. There is colour variation btw d foreign door and local frames. Any way to manage that? I need ur candid advise on whether to use complete local frame with door, combinate local frame with foreign door or use
complete foreign door with frame vis a vis quality,durability and cost.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lawali: 2:07am On Mar 20, 2015
spyder880:
Foreign wooden doors ongoing. .....
Spyder, I could see you combine local frame with foreign door for this project. Pls what is the average cost per door. Is it cheaper comparing to foreign doors with frame together. There is colour variation btw d foreign door and local frames. Any way to manage that? I need ur candid advise on whether to use complete local frame with door, combinate local frame with foreign door or use complete foreign door with frame vis a vis quality,durability and cost.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lawali: 2:15am On Mar 20, 2015
spyder880:
Laying the water supply pipes into the ground, almost complete.
Sorry for d rework. I want to assume one sumo pump will be used to supply from well to all flats. Please, I am interested in knowing how water will be pumped to each flat by occupied tenant without sharing control with other tenants. As little as this matter is, most often is a challenge in multiple flats.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by TouchstoneNgr: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2015
@spyder880, nice project you have here.

We are Touchstone Design Solutions. You can always contact us for quality home and office furniture.

Contact us today for free 3D design and quotation of your home and office furniture. call us on +2348039403620 or 08091144234

Email: info@touchstonenigeria.com

website: http://www.touchstonenigeria.com or [url]m.touchstonenigeria.com[/url]

follow us on twitter : @touchstoneNgr

Facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/touchstonedesignsolutions

We are reliable, Affordable and yet Classy

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kelvin1191(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2015
lawali:
Sorry for d rework. I want to assume one sumo pump will be used to supply from well to all flats. Please, I am interested in knowing how water will be pumped to each flat by occupied tenant without sharing control with other tenants. As little as this matter is, most often is a challenge in multiple flats.

Each of the supply to the tank will be fiTted with a gate valve. When you want to pump into ur tank, you close other valve and open urs and water will flow to ya tank. Oga Spyder880 please explain better.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
kelvin1191:

Each of the supply to the tank will be fiTted with a gate valve. When you want to pump into ur tank, you close other valve and open urs and water will flow to ya tank. Oga Spyder880 please explain better.

You are right. Almost done with the plumbing, I need the work tested before I cover the ground.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
My Oga you fall my hand Sir.

The pipes could be nearer than that.

Let them all follow one line at the bottom and only separate when they are parallel to the tank inlet.

Next project.

And you didn't answer my fence question.

Happy Sunday.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
CityNG:
My Oga you fall my hand Sir.

The pipes could be nearer than that.

Let them all follow one line at the bottom and only separate when they are parallel to the tank inlet.

Next project.

And you didn't answer my fence question.

Happy Sunday.

The pipes are going at different angles from the point it came surface, since this is right under the tank I dont mind having them seen, especially in situations where you need to service them. I have forgotten your fence question Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
spyder880:

The pipes are going at different angles from the point it came surface, since this is right under the tank I dont mind having them seen, especially in situations where you need to service them..

Duly noted.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by morgist(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Oga spyder880

Why did you interlock the surrounding before the plumbing works?

Did you had a change in plan after the interlocks have been laid?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
morgist:
Oga spyder880

Why did you interlock the surrounding before the plumbing works?

Did you had a change in plan after the interlocks have been laid?

Yes, there was a change in plans after the interlocking.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2015
Lights connected from the public grid.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2015
More flats. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2015
I need an electrical board, to mount the fuse boxes.........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2015
Doors and windows washed out till they are squeaky clean, shining like mirrors.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kelvin1191(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
spyder880:
I need an electrical board, to mount the fuse boxes.........

Is this not the Fence? Won't it be hazardous especially when it rains?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
kelvin1191:

Is this not the Fence? Won't it be hazardous especially when it rains?

A small roof will be placed on top of it to shield it from sun and rain.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lawali: 1:18am On Mar 24, 2015
lawali:

Spyder, I could see you combine local frame with foreign door for this project. Pls what is the average cost per door. Is it cheaper comparing to foreign doors with frame together. There is colour variation btw d foreign door and local frames. Any way to manage that? I need ur candid advise on whether to use complete local frame with door, combinate local frame with foreign door or use complete foreign door with frame vis a vis quality,durability and cost.
pls help address the question above. On that water issue, is the borehole pump power source not connected to a flat? Who has control/to pay for the electricity for pumping the water? pls share ur idea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.