Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. (4429 Views)

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama / Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Oshodia: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
My Yoruba brother , I am an ibo please let forget what happen and try to unite, this history I wish is out time and we wold have correct it bot what I want to say is that no one is above mistake whether Yoruba or ibo. I pra we can unite some of our elder made a lo of mistakes. Is because of un unity make northerner capitalize to laugh at southerner.

God bless all southerner
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Oshodia: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Bash92: @ckkris
Am sorry if i sound disrespectful, but let us use our common sense here. You expect the Yoruba's to give the Biafran army a free passage to Lagos,so that they can turn there land to a battle feed?
What of the number of Yoruba's that will die during the battle in Lagos, in which Yoruba may gain nothing but incur severe damage.
Why cant they attack from the north, who they are in war with?

Gowon was in Lagos
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Oshodia: 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan u re a full by saying that , we re not here to cause ay tribe, your father who brought you to this world is an animal fucking you mother with out respect that was why they born monkey like.Are you more that a lot of Yoruba and ibo guy in this nairaland we re here to solve differences but you come with you family fulish nonsense .

Lagos is capital and GOWON was in Lagos. Do you think if capital was in Enugu or port harcourt the soldiers will locate Lagos. All soldiers some Yoruba some ibo are friend.

With this you fulish idea if it now you are gong be the first full to make a big mistake
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by KingTom(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oshodia: Sloan u re a full by saying that , we re not here to cause ay tribe, your father who brought you to this world is an animal fucking you mother with out respect that was why they born monkey like.Are you more that a lot of Yoruba and ibo guy in this nairaland we re here to solve differences but you come with you family fulish nonsense .

Lagos is capital and GOWON was in Lagos. Do you think if capital was in Enugu or port harcourt the soldiers will locate Lagos. All soldiers some Yoruba some ibo are friend.

With this you fulish idea if it now you are gong be the first full to make a big mistake

Mr Oshodia please express your views without resorting to insults. I will once again state that I did not write this post to conjure up ethnic sentiments, therefore I want to appeal to you to follow in the footsteps of sloan, and tender an apology so that peace will reign.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Bash92(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oshodia:

Gowon was in Lagos
If Gowon is in Lagos ko. If you were in the Yoruba's positiion would you give them free passage into Enugu knowing that your people will be kill in the war they have nothing to gain.
You may call the Yoruba's betrayal, but i will rather betray an outsider than to witness my people slaughter as part of casualties of war that the Biafran rebels stand no chance of winning in the first instance

2 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Sloan: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oshodia: [size=20pt]Oshodia u re a full by saying that , we re not here to cause ay tribe, your father who brought you to this world is an animal fucking you mother with out respect that was why they born monkey like.Are you more that a lot of Yoruba and ibo guy in this nairaland we re here to solve differences but you come with you family fulish nonsense . [/size]

You are talking to your cursed father and mother, ko? Not surprised, after all you folks wake up your fathers with a sliding tackle every morning! And you father failed for not letting you get education, hence your English is abysmally poor and downright sucks! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by KingTom(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan:

You are talking to your cursed father and mother, ko? Not surprised, after all you folks wake up your fathers with a sliding tackle every morning! And you father failed for not letting you get education, hence your English is abysmally poor and downright sucks! grin grin

It seems you guys do not know when to stop the insults. Well my damage control is over. If una like kill yourselves, Good night.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Bash92(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
King Tom:

It seems you guys do not know when to stop the insults. Well my damage control is over. If una like kill yourselves, Good night.
Lol
Sloan: You are talking to your cursed father and mother, ko? Not surprised, after all you folks wake up your fathers with a sliding tackle every morning! And you father failed for not letting you get education, hence your English is abysmally poor and downright sucks! grin grin
Spot on
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by T9ksy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan:

[b]Wait, did you mean to write that or it dropped out from your head while you were subconscious? [/b]Why do you people not see common sense and use it prudently? So, you mean the Yorubas should give you free passage through their land? Why did you not give free passage to all the minorities to keep their land and people away from biafra? No, you had to grab those lands and force their people to become biafra soldiers but you are begging a bigger power to close their eyes so you can go through their lands? The height of irresponsible stupi.dity! What is free in war? Did Ojukwu not have that planned and figured out before he declared secession and brought war? Oh, and you trying to gain access to our land because you are interested in attacking the Northerners but you first come West? If it is not madness, then it means you and your ilk have no grey matter upstairs! If you want to fight the northerners, then go directly to the north; not miss your way to another man's land because that is why you were handed your ass on a blood stained platter! Ibos should stay away from Yorubaland, YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME IN OUR LAND simple and I don't care what you or anyone thinks about my position!

That was a bit harsh, sloan.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Sloan: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
T9ksy:

That was a bit harsh, sloan.

No, I spoke the truth or are you not one of the people who suggest we let you people turn our own land into a theatre of war? Why not go north or you think this is the Israelites journey where you first come to the west, en-route the north? This is really funny, but it is worse that someone still cannot see the foo.lishness of the decisions taken back then and till today somehow suggests biafran army should have been allowed to go through? Unbelievable!
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Sloan: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
King Tom:

Oga, please stand aside let me kill this rodent! Je kin gbemi eranko yi joor! angry angry angry angry
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by T9ksy(m): 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan:

No, I spoke the truth or are you not one of the people who suggest we let you people turn our own land into a theatre of war? Why not go north or you think this is the Israelites journey where you first come to the west, en-route the north? This is really funny, but it is worse that someone still cannot see the foo.lishness of the decisions taken back then and till today somehow suggests biafran army should have been allowed to go through? Unbelievable!

Ol' boy, i think you ought to go back and read my post again. I was only trying to clarify what Ckkris was trying to say to

debetmx about yoruba's neutrality in the war.

Btw, am a true shoin of the shoil.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Kponkwem(m): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
ckkris: It is also time to
STUDY how Nigerian troops fared in Liberia and Siera Leone, why and how did Nigeria lost too many soldiers, including a Brigadier General. Who were their commanders? If we know so much of General Patton's command in Europe during WW2, its good to know about General Domkat Bali.
Now one is doubt of the competence of General Godwin Alabi-Isama

I read what General Akirinade said about him. He narrowly escaped that operation through the Onne port which led to the death of 3000 federals in one day.

Now what is he bleeping about in his book? He should also be grateful to Col Achuzia and his Biafran troops for sparing him alive somewhere at Nkpor shortly before the cessation of hostilities.

Is it frustration of being left out of the spoils of victory, with Obj and Danjuma etc taking the garlands? May be he would go to his grave with these regrets because he can't turn the hands of the clock.Gen Adekunle, Oluleye etc were also left to rot in penury for their troubles..
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by ckkris: 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
The present generation of Laptop and ipad kids are likely going to question everything, and its good to make the facts available to them, so that they can always make well-informed decisions.

Its is also prudent to IGNORE irrelevant posts that don't address these historic and verifiable facts.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by emmatok(m): 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
[b]Adekunle led the Third Marine Commando Division with such great panache and determination that the foreign media, in looking for a human angle on the Biafran war, found him a ready source of news.
Adekunle was a key champion of the food blockade to Biafra. In a wartime interview he had with Randolph Baumann of Stern Magazine in Igweocha (published on August 18, 1968), he stated:[3]

ADEKUNLE: In the section of the front that I rule—and that is the whole south front from Lagos to the border of Kamerun—I do not want to see the Red Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope, Missionary, or UN delegation.

STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get to the refugee camps in your section of the country?

ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s exactly what I am saying.

STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos.

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is “sorry”! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry! The End.

Gen. Adekunle's son wrote an account of his father's military career in a biography titled The Nigeria-Biafra Letters: A Soldier's Story.[/b]
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Oshodia: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
I am very sorry for that , apologize
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Oshodia: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
We all are Nigerian ,we should forget the past and lean how to move forward particularly the southerner to avoid mgnization from the north like what they did to top officers in the west during abacha regime
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by DerideGull(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan:

Wait, did you mean to write that or it dropped out from your head while you were subconscious? Why do you people not see common sense and use it prudently? So, you mean the Yorubas should give you free passage through their land? Why did you not give free passage to all the minorities to keep their land and people away from biafra? No, you had to grab those lands and force their people to become biafra soldiers but you are begging a bigger power to close their eyes so you can go through their lands? The height of irresponsible stupi.dity! What is free in war? Did Ojukwu not have that planned and figured out before he declared secession and brought war? Oh, and you trying to gain access to our land because you are interested in attacking the Northerners but you first come West? If it is not madness, then it means you and your ilk have no grey matter upstairs! If you want to fight the northerners, then go directly to the north; not miss your way to another man's land because that is why you were handed your ass on a blood stained platter! Ibos should stay away from Yorubaland, YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME IN OUR LAND simple and I don't care what you or anyone thinks about my position!

Slowpoke,

It is a crap such as above junk from demented and ill-educated reprobate envisages indelible enmity between Yari,ba people and Ndigbo. Nobody in Biafra or Igbo land expected any free passage from Yari,ba but had expected inherently cowered people to evict Gowon who had made Lagos a comfortable home from where he and Nigerians attacked Biafra.

Contrary to your silly conjectural crap, Biafrans had no interest in fighting anybody rather wanted a country different from the cesspit called Nigeria which was/is filled to the brink with regrettable villains such as you.

In fact, your post conveyed one thought which is very common among Yari,ba people. It is better imagined than to be told.

3 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by debetmx(m): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2014
DerideGull:

Slowpoke,

It is a crap such as above junk from demented and ill-educated reprobate envisages indelible enmity between Yari,ba people and Ndigbo. Nobody in Biafra or Igbo land expected any free passage from Yari,ba but had expected inherently cowered people to evict Gowon who had made Lagos a comfortable home from where he and Nigerians attacked Biafra.

Contrary to your silly conjectural crap, Biafrans had no interest in fighting anybody rather wanted a country different from the cesspit called Nigeria which was/is filled to the brink with regrettable villains such as you.

In fact, your post conveyed one thought which is very common among Yari,ba people. It is better imagined than to be told.

My dear deludedgull,

How low can you go? Your deluded selfish igbotic thought process gets miserably worse each passing second of your wretched life.

You expected the Yoruba people who were pro-Federal to evict Gowon in furtherance of the interest of the ibos. The same Gowon who released the Leader of the Yoruba nation, Chief Obafemi Awolowo who had written a series of letters to the ibo Head of State, Aguiyi Ironsi to no avail. Why did all your brothers run back to the east when the crises started? Why did they not stay and enlist the help of the Yoruba in evicting Gowon? Isn't inherently clear to the Yoruba people that the interest of the ibos is paramount to that of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria. Do you remember the atrocities the biafran soldiers committed in occupying the Mid-West?

When your brothers overthrew the legitimate Government of the day and made Aguiyi Ironsi, Head of State who made Lagos a comfortable home the Ndigbo had no problems with that.

Lastly let me produce a part of Nzeogwu's last interview before he died.

Ejindu: From the present chaos, what type of Nigeria do you envisage?

Nzeogwu: In the first place, secession will be ill-advised, indeed impossible. Even if the East fights a war of secession and wins, it still cannot secede. Personally, I don’t like secession and if this country disintegrates, I shall pack up my things and go. In the present circumstances, confederation is the best answer as a temporary measure. In time, we shall have complete unity. Give this country a confederation and, believe me, in ten or fifteen years the young men will find it intolerable, and will get together to change it. And it is obvious we shall get a confederation or something near it. Nothing will stop that.

Ejindu: Do you think there will be any war?

Nzeogwu: No. Nobody wants to fight. The East which is best equipped and best prepared for war, does not want to attack anybody. The North cannot fight. And Lagos cannot fight now. If they had attacked the East in August or September, they would have had a walk-over. Today, I think they will be ill-advised to try.

Ejindu: An Englishman said to me the other day that the best thing Ojukwu can do is to take over Lagos. Do you think he can do it even if he wanted to?

Nzeogwu: Yes, I think the East is strong enough to do it if they want to. But it will serve no useful purpose. It can only serve to destroy life and property. You see, the effective power does not lie in Lagos but in Kaduna, and if you remove Gowon somebody else will take his place. If you capture the South against the North, all you can achieve is civil war, disintegration and border clashes.

Ejindu: Finally, let me come to the controversy over your release. Much as it has been a popular action you have been released by the east government against the wish of the federal government. What do you say to that?

Nzeogwu: All I can say is that I am happy and grateful to be out. We feel grateful to the Nsukka students for their persistent demand, and to the boys in the barracks for their pressure on the authorities in the east. And to the Nigerian public in general for their concern over our welfare.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by ckkris: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=DerideGull]

Biafrans had no interest in fighting anybody rather wanted a country different from the cesspit called Nigeria

As other parts of Nigeria, no longer seem satisfied with the outcome of the civil war, General Alabi-Isama is right to title his war-time memoir THE TRAGEDY OF VICTORY. And one of the most TRAGIC VICTIMS OF THE CIVIL WAR is obviously General Benjamin Adekunle, the Black Scorpion.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by ckkris: 11:00am On Jan 08, 2014
debetmx:

Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by ckkris: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2014
debetmx:

Ejindu: Do you think there will be any war?

Nzeogwu:

The East which is best equipped and best prepared for war, does not want to attack anybody.

The voice of Enyi Biafra (Elephant or Hero of Biafra, not to be mistranslated as friend of Biafra). Emeka Ojukwu was never, even for a moment, thought of, or considered as Enyi Biafra
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by KingTom(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
I am free at at last grin. This thread should be on front page grin
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by meccuno: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
I came here to read the rants I saw,and all of a sudden I see insults and tribal sentiments. The general was actually referring to OBJ and I wonder how the igbos got into this discussion. I beg all the tribal champions and ethnic champions to not look for every opportunity to unleash unnecessary insults. I believe if the war was fought in the SW,most of you here always heated up and ready to kill and chase out igbos (as if they are the problems of Nigeria) out of SW region experienced the war through the death of an uncle,a sister,a father,probably when making inciting comments, would be cautious. Be careful how you speak with passion for your tribe whether either igbo,hausa and yoruba because the people you fight for might be the person lying beside you stone cold because crises and tribal war isn't a good experience. Let's be matured. You can make your comment without trading insults.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by KingTom(m): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
meccuno:
I came here to read the rants I saw,and all of a sudden I see insults and tribal sentiments. The general was actually referring to OBJ and I wonder how the igbos got into this discussion. I beg all the tribal champions and ethnic champions to not look for every opportunity to unleash unnecessary insults. I believe if the war was fought in the SW,most of you here always heated up and ready to kill and chase out igbos (as if they are the problems of Nigeria) out of SW region experienced the war through the death of an uncle,a sister,a father,probably when making inciting comments, would be cautious. Be careful how you speak with passion for your tribe whether either igbo,hausa and yoruba because the people you fight for might be the person lying beside you stone cold because crises and tribal war isn't a good experience. Let's be matured. You can make your comment without trading insults.
Well said sir.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by debetmx(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
meccuno:

Best post I read in a very long time.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by patwilly(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
ckkris:
Obasanjo was in Makurdi by the end of July 1969, and Major CK Nzeogwu, who Ojukwu didn't allow to be in any Biafran Army unit, was last seen alive by Mrs Rose Njoku, (wife of Biafran Army Chief, Hillary Njoku) at Opi junction, on July 29, mobilising volunteers to join him, in a personal foray behind Nigerian Army positions at Obolo Eke. One of Nzeogwu's volunteers was Ojukwu's younger brother Tom. Both Nzeogwu and Tom were found dead on July 31, by Nigerian troops. Its believed that Nzeogwu was attempting to make personal contact with Obasanjo. It will be good if Obasanjo IS WILLING TO DECLASSIFY THE LETTERS BETWEEN HIM AND NZEOGWU. But things were moving and changing very fast in those weeks that led up to the August troop movement by Victor Banjo. Another living witness is Ogbemudia. And its well known that Nzeogwu and most of members of January 15 coup, were not in support of the secession of Biafra, and were looking for how to stop the war that had already started. Emmanuel Ifeajuna and Victor Banjo were executed for what happened at Ore. CIVIL WAR HISTORY IS VERY NECESSARY.
The letters were declassified in Obasanjo's book NZEOGWU. You can get the book on okadabooks. com or download the app. It costs less than #300.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by T9ksy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
meccuno:

I believe if the war was fought in the SW most of you here always heated up and ready to kill and chase out igbos (as if they are the problems of Nigeria) out of SW region experienced the war through the death of an uncle,a sister,a father,probably when making inciting comments, would be cautious.

The bolded portion above is exactly what Ojukwu was banking on (when he insisted on biafra, we stand ) but unfortunately, yorubas didn't swallow his bait which would have seen millions of yorubas dying for a supremacy tussle between the ibos and their former bedmate.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by PFRB: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

You dont come here talking !may have!. Give facts!! Did Obasanjo and Awo support Biafra or not? angry

Awo was the owner of the so called Nzeogu coup.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by meccuno: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
T9ksy:

The bolded portion above is exactly what Ojukwu was banking on (when he insisted on biafra, we stand ) but unfortunately, yorubas didn't swallow his bait which would have seen millions of yorubas dying for a supremacy tussle between the ibos and their former bedmate.
hmmmmm
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Perkins2018: 10:47am On Aug 29, 2019
PFRB:

Awo was the owner of the so called Nzeogu coup.

Keep telling that to your children hoping they would be stupid enough to believe you.
Re: Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. by Uchek(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
If he didn't support secession, why did he accept to lead the mission to Lagos? A man of honor would have rejected it. You deceitfully accepted a mission you knew you did not believe him and sabotaged it for your selfish and ephemeral personal gain

debetmx:

Obasanjo never supported biafra. For any reason Yoruba officers had been bypassed during the promotion promo by Aguiyi Ironsi for ibo and ibo speaking Officers. Victor Banjo had sent Wole Soyinka to Obasanjo to seek free passage to Lagos for a fee because there was no way the ill trained and equipped biafra forces could get to Lagos without being crushed but Obasanjo rejected the offer. It's totally condemnable that biafran propagandists, the cantankerous coward and even unborn ibos have accused Banjo of treachery. Victor Banjo at any point never supported secession which he showed in his speech to the Mid-West, words and deeds. Victor Banjo had stayed in the State House with ojukwu but moved out when the cantankerous coward declared secession. ojukwu probably chose Victor Banjo to lead the suicide expedition to Lagos so as to have him (Banjo) killed, which he finally succeeded by accusing of planning a coup. God bless Victor Banjo he took the bullet with his chest buffed out. That is an example of a man died for what he believed in.

Governor Adebayo Adeyinka was pro- Federal and never supported secession and war. Awolowo initially sympathized with the biafrans until the treacherous bastard tried to occupy our land using a Yoruba Officer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Have Nuclear Power Plants ''Within Months'' / Senate Approves Seven Years Jail Term For '‘yahoo Boys’' / Troops Withdrawn From Emergency States As Reps Fail To Extend Emergency Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.