Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Photos|video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos|video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet! (10848 Views)

Obese Woman In Morbidly Sheds More Than 200lbs / Na Waooh! 800 Pounds Obese Man Kicked Out Of Hospital For Ordering A Pizza / The 100-calorie Diet Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos|video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet! by TinyToes: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2014
A morbidly obese man dubbed ‘The Human Doughnut’ has lost 29 stone with the help of a low calorie diet and counselling. Rob Gillett, 27, hit the headlines in March 2012 when he appeared on Channel 4’s ‘Supersize vs. Superskinny’ weighing 41st 10lbs. At just 25 years old and 5ft 3ins, his BMI was an incredible 104 – the healthy range is between 18 and 25. Watch the video here: http://trendysturvs..com/2014/01/photos-video-morbidly-obese-man-sheds.html

Doctors became increasingly concerned about his health and now, in just 17 months, he has turned his life around by losing 70 per cent of his body weight. He has dropped to a healthy 12st 9lbs. Mr Gillett, from Bridgend, said: ‘Taking the decision to lose weight wasn't easy as I knew I had to tackle my demons, and still can’t believe I have lost the same amount of weight as two grown men.

I have a new lease of life now. I ran a 10k race, do Nordic walking and have a personal trainer.’ Mr Gillett, whose waist measured 6ft 6ins, decided to take part in ‘Supersize vs. Superskinny’ as his first bid to lose weight. He said: ‘I wanted to do Supersize as I thought that it could help me deal with my weight, however, I just felt humiliated at the media headlines.

The attention I got from the show was just horrendous at times too. Somebody sent me a big box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts and put jagged pieces of metal in them. ‘The police never caught the person who sent the box, but needless to say my family and myself were distraught. ‘I know that I was the person putting food into my mouth, but the reality is that food was not the issue - I was battling with underlying, deep-seated problems and I was using food to dull the pain.

Sources: http://trendysturvs..com/2014/01/photos-video-morbidly-obese-man-sheds.html, Daily Mail

Re: Photos|video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet! by simplyshade: 6:35am On Apr 27, 2020
This is incredible! shocked

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Deeper Voice / Can Semen Cause Pregnancy? / Attention Guys! The Poisonus/bleaching Content In La Casera Drink...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.