Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (20585 Views)

No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / Saraki, Dogara, Dare APC; Reject Party’s Choices Of Principal Officers For NASS / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by unuane1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said it would not offer automatic tickets to its incumbent National Assembly members in 2015 despite the spate of defections from its fold.

“There will be nothing like automatic tickets for anyone; incumbents and challengers seeking the PDP ticket must go through the normal process to secure it,’’ the PDP Chairman, Zone 3 of Kaduna State, Mr. Joseph Gumbari, told the News Agency of Nigeria.

Recent reports had quoted some federal lawmakers as insisting on automatic tickets for the 2015 race to stop them from joining others that defected to the rival Alliance for Progressives Change (APC).

NAN reports that the ruling PDP has lost five governors, some key leaders and 37 House of Representatives members to the APC in the wave of defections that hit the party.

But Gumbari, a former member of the House of Representatives, told NAN in Jos that conceding to the demand for automatic would “kill the PDP.”

“No one can blackmail the PDP into making such concessions; we shall give the party’s tickets to only those who deserve it. Those who have performed and are still popular should have nothing to fear.

“There are many law makers today that cannot visit their constituencies for fear that they could be attacked by their constituents.

“Such people have abandoned the people and had offered nothing to better their lots. You cannot impose such people on the electorate because that will endanger our chances,’’ he said.

He expressed surprise at the lawmakers’ demand, instead of working to popularise the party.

Gumbari said that PDP’s tickets would only be given to members that had been consistent in shoring up its image and strengthening it through effective representation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-pdp-rules-out-automatic-tickets-for-nass-members/

8 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by TechW: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good but would have taken the news serious if it had come from one of the officials.
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good Move.

Why should these folks think their position is some kind of right?
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by zicoraads: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Who cares? I don't give a damn undecided undecided undecided
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by christejames(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
The drama unfold...
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Automatic tickets available at APC

price= defection grin

13 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by ObiOkpor(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ok ooo.......We are watching.

*with my two hands folded*
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
The simple truth;

“No one can blackmail the PDP into making such concessions; we shall give the party’s tickets to only those who deserve it. Those who have performed and are still popular should have nothing to fear.

“There are many law makers today that cannot visit their constituencies for fear that they could be attacked by their constituents.

“Such people have abandoned the people and had offered nothing to better their lots. You cannot impose such people on the electorate because that will endanger our chances,’’ he said.

He expressed surprise at the lawmakers’ demand, instead of working to popularise the party.

Gumbari said that PDP’s tickets would only be given to members that had been consistent in shoring up its image and strengthening it through effective representation

APC keeps absorbing incompetence.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by BlackPeni5: 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good move nevertheless. wish the progressives would take a cue from this.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by modestdude(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good move. i see the true rebirth of PDP, i see the party repositioning to have a human face.

25 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by mrphysics(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
thats good, anything they want to do, let them do, but if Goodluck wil contest, then he must surely loose, the Northeners will not vote for him, same with the yorubas, and the rest, i personally will never vote for him, he wasted my five months as a student, i will never forget that

17 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Jona boy is ready to write his name in the sand of time in this country.

The message is clear "SEAT UP OR GET SET ASIDE".

He knows this will not go down well with some of the members so this is the time to know who is who and who is where after that he can bundle them up and pour cold water on them like he has done to Obj grin grin grin

God will use Nigerians against your enemy just watch how it unfolds.

those of you saying he is finished should brace up for what is coming in the coming months

20 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by optimism91(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Is that why some people ask questions like this:1, madam do you have fried rice instruments instead ingredient.
2, Bros, do you have stocks jean instead of stock jean.
PDP will not kill us.
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
No one talks about automatic ticket in a true democracy where vote counts. Most of these law makers have done next to nothing and we are wondering why they should be asking for automatic return to the house. They need to go through primaries in their party if indeed there is anything to show for the 4 years of representing their people.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by gratiaeo(m): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
We de observing
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Don't knw why but nigerian politics don't interest me again. Everytin is just lies
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Sknda(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
A wonderful daily morning devotional for You. www.gospelshower..com
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by gratiaeo(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
mrphysics: thats good, anything they want to do, let them do, but if Goodluck wil contest, then he must surely loose, the Northeners will not vote for him, same with the yorubas, and the rest, i personally will never vote for him, he wasted my five months as a student, i will never forget that
Who are the yorobis?

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by LMAyedun(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Na them sabi!!!
Next news jare...
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Shedysworld(m): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
See strategies o, Pdp we are watching.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by modestdude(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ms_Steph: Don't knw why but nigerian politics don't interest me again. Everytin is just lies
More patience my dear, we will get it right sooner, thats what my mind tells me and am optimistic about it
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pdp is now practicing internal democracy grin grin. I guessed they will have to extend such generosity to the office of the president and Jonathan should also be made to go for primaries !

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by lincolnj88: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
grin we want to get rid of d bad eggs in pdp....... Governor aliyu be warned....

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by michkenokey(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Whether automatic or no automatic, PDP members knows how to rig themselves into corridors of power. Do non National Assembly members (they are one of the highest paid in whole world) have the millions to compete in bribing their way into getting the ticket? The PDP have failed us and need to be voted out of office. My problem is that their strongest challenger, the APC is an old wine in a brand new bottle. They are birds of the same feathers, who are only interested in milking the country dry at the detriment of the impoverished masses. May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by ObiOkpor(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
mrphysics: thats good, anything they want to do, let them do, but if Goodluck wil contest, then he must surely loose, the Northeners will not vote for him, same with the yorubas, and the rest, i personally will never vote for him, he wasted my five months as a student, i will never forget that
Keep fooling yourself ‘bout that.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
PDP is reforming for Good, They are dashing the bad eggs to APC who are joyfully accepting them. grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by Kevsman(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
hmm, i see more defecting
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by egift(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
PDP have no guts. Let them pass this information through official channels and stop whispering rumours, threats and gossip.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by scholes23(m): 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ok
Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by patriotic007: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
The bad eggs that spoilt PDP are now been rooted out,...Let them defect,....simply declare their sits vacant and let younger politicians take their place,....there are young men and women waiting on the bench to get a chance to play on the field of politics

10 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members by adezjamz(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
New strategy to stop her(PDP) member's ground shifting. SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? / Abba Kyari: No Difference Between Hushpuppi, Buhari, Tinubu – Reno Omokri / 2023: Afegbua Dumps Atiku, Roots For Southern Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.