Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do (1565 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Azikiwe And Nkrumah In The 1960s / Why Did Azikiwe Reject Awolowo's Offer Of Prime Ministership In 1960? / Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by kel4soft: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
With the derivation from Agriculture proceed accrued to them pre-state era i.e during regional government.

Why Awolowo was busy developing the Western and mid-western region with University and free education and creating institutions for them. Our so called leaders (Eastern region) then was busy collecting tax and oppressing the minorities (Ijaws, Ikwerres Efik etc). They made sure the minorities suffer. When my Grand Dad, a fisherman then, sail all day and night only for him to be apprehended by this selfish leaders at the shores for unnecessary tax without providing any amenities.

Awolowo helped in establishing the University of Ibadan in 1948, it took Azikiwe and Co more than 15years after to established a University in the eastern region, even later than Ahmadu Bello University.
They seized all our lands in Port Harcourt, imposing heavy fines on our people.

They (Zik and cronies) only developed the Igbo region ala Enugu. Citing all FG structures there. PH and the rest were left to the mercies of God. Untill Gowon created Rivers State in 1967. Your Azikiwe made sure the minorities suffered for been part of you people.

3 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by saintneo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
Who built Presidential Hotel PH? Who
constructed the Trans-Amadi Industrial layout?
My memories are kinda vague.

Even my grandfather, a palmwine tapper/seller
paid taxes and mehn suffering no be small
thing. If only Enugu was developed, how come
my father and his mates could not afford to
pay their school fees? Why was it that most
families in Igbo land usually had one educated
person only during this period?

Kel4soft, you don dey make me vex seriously. I
expect you to attack the corrupt mindset of
our past leaders instead of the entire ndi Igbo.

BTW this is the same thread as the other one. Stop duplicating the thread. www.nairaland.com/1584322/what-did-azikiwe-michael-opara Unless you are looking an e-war on nairaland.

@tribalists, sure this thread feels like heaven.

3 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by asha80(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
kel4soft: With the derivation from Agriculture proceed accrued to them pre-state era i.e during regional government.

Why Awolowo was busy developing the Western and mid-western region with University and free education and creating institutions for them. Our so called leaders (Eastern region) then was busy collecting tax and oppressing the minorities (Ijaws, Ikwerres Efik etc). They made sure the minorities suffer. When my Grand Dad, a fisherman then, sail all day and night only for him to be apprehended by this selfish leaders at the shores for unnecessary tax without providing any amenities.

Awolowo helped in establishing the University of Ibadan in 1948, it took Azikiwe and Co more than 15years after to established a University in the eastern region, even later than Ahmadu Bello University.

They (Zik and cronies) only developed the Igbo region ala Enugu. Citing all FG structures there. PH and the rest were left to the mercies of God. Untill Gowon created Rivers State in 1967. Your Azikiwe made sure the minorities suffered for been part of you people.

Now you want us to join you to actualise Biafra, do you can resume your fore fathers stopped. No way! No way!
first and foremost you are fool to say awolowo helped establish university of ibadan...secondaly find out who established transamadi industrial layout....you are a classic case of why the belief that nigerians do not read...stop displaying your ignorance in public.

3 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Azikiwe even supported ONE NIGERIA at the expense of Biafra grin
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by kel4soft: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
saintneo: Who built Presidential Hotel PH? Who
constructed the Trans-Amadi Industrial layout?
My memories are kinda vague.

Even my grandfather, a palmwine tapper/seller
paid taxes and mehn suffering no be small
thing. If only Enugu was developed, how come
my father and his mates could not afford to
pay their school fees? Why was it that most
families in Igbo land usually had one educated
person only during this period?

Kel4soft, you don dey make me vex seriously. I
expect you to attack the corrupt mindset of
our past leaders instead of the entire ndi Igbo.

BTW this is the same thread as the other one. Stop duplicating the thread. www.nairaland.com/1584322/what-did-azikiwe-michael-opara Unless you are looking an e-war on nairaland.

@tribalists, sure this thread feels like heaven.

My bad if I offend you. I just want to know how Awolowo can declare free education and our past leaders refused to toe the same line. Was it that they couldn't afford it then or what.

I need an explanation now.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by owobokiri(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
Obudu cattle ranch was Okparas work. The palm tree revolution, the industrial areas, endless schorlarships abroad, hotels, schools. Okpara was able to build an eastern economy that rivaled that of south Korea... I am sure the starter of this thread is not from the SS. It looks and smells like another "sophisticated" shyte from the dangerously "progressive" ones.

5 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Oshodia: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sell ead office was in owerre okpara took it to prt harcourt and after the was awo took it o Laos
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Oshodia: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sell ead office was in owerre okpara took it to prt harcourt and after the was awo took it o Lagos
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by saintneo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
kel4soft:

My bad if I offend you. I just want to know how Awolowo can declare free education and our past leaders refused to toe the same line. Was it that they couldn't afford it then or what.

I need an explanation now.

Okpara had a wholesome approach to leadership. Developing every part of the system and gradually developing.

Awolowo had a particular approach to leadership. Developing one part of the system at a time.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by lagcity(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
owobokiri: Obudu cattle ranch was Okparas work. The palm tree revolution, the industrial areas, endless schorlarships abroad, hotels, schools. Okpara was able to build an eastern economy that rivaled that of south Korea... I am sure the starter of this thread is not from the SS. It looks and smells like another "sophisticated" shyte from the dangerously "progressive" ones.

grin grin Why are you paranoid, son? Seeing your Yoruba masters in your dreams?

1 Like

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Ikengawo: 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
kel4soft: With the derivation from Agriculture proceed accrued to them pre-state era i.e during regional government.

lies.

1. University of Nigeria at Nsukka was the first indigenous university in Africa. the Britsh built the university of Ibadan as an african extension to Cambridge. Zik build Nsukka, Awolowo did not build or attend University of Ibadan.

2. You're yoruba and bored.

4 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Kponkwem(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2014

Have you heard of the biggest African palm research institute in Biase, Obudu Cattle Ranch, Metropolitan Hotel-all in Cross River State, University of Calabar? These legacies will always commend Okpara.

And how is it possible that only the minorities were compelled to pay tax in eastern region? Why have the so called minority states, with allocations two times bigger than that of the entire SE still unable to lift their people out of poverty? You see why some of us are advocating an eastern renewal- not necessarily to re-unite SS/SE- but just to clear some of these false indoctrinations.

I am really supporting GEJ, but I would like to watch the fire after APC takes over power and begin to revise these fat oil derivation allocations, PIB, Amnesty allocations, and oil blocks license rounds. I was part of the state-wide outcry in Akwa Ibom when Obj re-introduced offshore-onshore oil dichotomy. And a repeat is inevitable after Boko Haram has been sold to the Americans as a product of poverty and lesser oil revenue in North relative to SS bogus allocations.

Some of our brothers in SS are too myopic, brainwashed and wired from childhood to grope in Igbophobia. Half education is dangerous. Tufiakwa!

4 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by DerideGull(m): 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2014

You are a bloody fool that lacked formal education. If you were not a basement airhead, you would have realized that Awolowo that was financially pressed as a result of law school load in London could not have helped in establishing of a university college in Ibadan about 1948.

Since you are very anemic with the facts, it will be a waste of time to educate you.

3 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by meforyou1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
I thought yorubas said port harcourt was a thriving city when the white men came. So how was it zik's duty to develop the thriving city?
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by atlwireles: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
Kponkwem:

Have you heard of the biggest African palm research institute in Biase, Obudu Cattle Ranch, Metropolitan Hotel-all in Cross River State, University of Calabar? These legacies will always commend Okpara.

And how is it possible that only the minorities were compelled to pay tax in eastern region? Why have the so called minority states, with allocations two times bigger than that of the entire SE still unable to lift their people out of poverty? You see why some of us are advocating an eastern renewal- not necessarily to re-unite SS/SE- but just to clear some of these false indoctrinations.

I am really supporting GEJ, but I would like to watch the fire after APC takes over power and begin to revise these fat oil derivation allocations, PIB, Amnesty allocations, and oil blocks license rounds. I was part of the state-wide outcry in Akwa Ibom when Obj re-introduced offshore-onshore oil dichotomy. And a repeat is inevitable after Boko Haram has been sold to the Americans as a product of poverty and lesser oil revenue in North relative to SS bogus allocations.

Some of our brothers in SS are too myopic, brainwashed and wired from childhood to grope in Igbophobia. Half education is dangerous. Tufiakwa!

That impostor OP is not from the SS
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by meforyou1(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
DerideGull:

You are a bloody fool that lacked formal education. If you were not a basement airhead, you would have realized that Awolowo that was financially pressed as a result of law school load in London could not have helped in establishing of a university college in Ibadan about 1948.

Since you are very anemic with the facts, it will be a waste of time to educate you.
awolowo established a university of ibadan in 1948? Abi it was university college Ibadan established by britons when awolowo was still a cocoa farmer in ikene ogun state
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by ijawcitizen(m): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2014
My advice to Kel4soft is don't CONFRONT the Igbos like this next time, they don't tolerate confrontations from a more knowledgable source. They will rather crowd here and press the garbages emanating from their skulls into ur mouth, so why suffer them thru such effort & hardwork, pity their feeble hearts.

The strategy is to ENGAGE them whenever & wherever they insult ur intelligenge as an Ijaw man-something they'd always done here on Nairaland and books circulated within Igboland but too scared to say publicly or before an Ijaw man.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2014
ijaw citizen: My advice to Kel4soft is don't CONFRONT the Igbos like this next time, they will crowd here and press the garbages emanating from their skulls into ur mouth.

The strategy is to ENGAGE them whenever & wherever they insuly ur intelligenge as an Ijaw man-something they'd always done here on Nairaland and books circulated within Igboland but too scared to say publicly or before an Ijaw man.
oga ur are the same person with the op,
i know u are a jobless imposter
next time u want to open a thread or want to adopt a new tribe try and be familar with ur adopted tribe

1 Like

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Chamackh(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2014
The University of Portharcourt was a campus of UNN like wise Unical, the OP is too myopic.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Chamackh(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2014
The University of Portharcourt was a campus off UNN like wise Unical, the OP is too myopic.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by pokur: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2014
Una get too much time o.The OP is none other than Alh harem a.k.a ijaw citizen n whatever moniker he chooses to come up with.You all can see he knows nothing about the East or even pre-independence Nigerian political setup.Awolowo helped found University College,Ibadan?.Jesus wept.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by owobokiri(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2014
It is a crime against humanity to put the name of Nnamdi Azikiwe, an intellectual iroko and one of the forefathers of African nationalism on the same sentence with that of a bare-faced murderer, a petty coupist and genocidal extraordinaire like Awo. It takes a lot of nerve to attempt that kind of blasphemy. Zik rightly or wrongly saw Nigerians as humans belonging to the same African struggle and calibrated his work to attain freedom for his people, the black people of Africa.. Even his worst enemies find it hard to ignore this striking reality. On the other hand, one 4 oclock eyed Awolowo invented tribalism fromno where into Nigerias politics just to be relevant. He couldnt compete on the national level based on his intellectual sagacity so he needed to create his own world. So like Oduduwa, he dropped division amongst us from space,.. from no where and we have been victims of his warped ideas ever since. Cocoa house and a squalid free education cant burnish this infamous pedegree attained at the cost of millions of lives..

It is also instructive to note that Awos destructive attempt at nationalism started after he was sent as a reporter to monitor one of Ziks flambouyant anti colonial/imperialists campgains. Many people dont know this because the ogboni cultists that dominate the editorial boards of the Lagos Ibadan press will do every thing to hide this. Petching effectively from the top of a mango tree (not sure if he was wearing his corrupt symbol; the flowing agbada) Awo was more interested in providing yoryb answer to ziks towering political standing rather than get down to fight the common enemy; the colonialists. After the event, he decided to go back to school, adult education all in a bid to stand a chance to compete. he formed egbe omo oduduwa in london, forcing divisions here and there when he ould have easily gotten his own republic.. He did get that chance to make policies but it cost humanity over 3 million lives leading credence to the fact that hspolitcs rose from the pantheon of infamy.

Today he is being projected as the best thing after egwusi soup by a snarling band of ethnic henchmen, yet apart from free/empty education, there was nothing this brigand achieved for his small clan of ethnic chauvinist that was not done after a series of 'sophisticated' robbery epedition against his neighbours. A man of foresight cant leave this world full of acrimony between his people and their neighbours and still expect eternal veneration.. You may attempt to compare Awo with Okpara, afterall they were regional premeirs at some point and their policies are there to be comparatively analysed but to drag Awos nauseating cadavar near Zik is to rain insults on decency. Clean minds have a duty to resist this evil. In a multi ethnic society this evil introduced a worse evil. We are still dealing with the menace that is the aftermath.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by kel4soft: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2014
atlwireles:

That impostor OP is not from the SS

You are an idiot
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by 500GP: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
owobokiri: Obudu cattle ranch was Okparas work. The palm tree revolution, the industrial areas, endless schorlarships abroad, hotels, schools. Okpara was able to build an eastern economy that rivaled that of south Korea... I am sure the starter of this thread is not from the SS. It looks and smells like another "sophisticated" shyte from the dangerously "progressive" ones.

IF OKPARA DID ALL WHAT U ENUMERATED ABOVE, WHY IS IT THAT THE IGBO WANDER ABOUT ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH FROM LAGOS IN NIGERIA TO ALL AFRICA COUNTRIES , EUROPE COUNTRIES....

OKPARA, AZIKWE, OJUKWU HAS DOOMED ALL IBO PEOPLE FUTURE

2 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by winniz: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
5.00GP:

IF OKPARA DID ALL WHAT U ENUMERATED ABOVE, WHY IS IT THAT THE IGBO WANDER ABOUT ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH FROM LAGOS IN NIGERIA TO ALL AFRICA COUNTRIES , EUROPE COUNTRIES....

it is better to be a wanderer than to be an almajiri, beggar, tout in your land. Despite the marginalisation towards the East, we still stand up tall can you beat that?
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by winniz: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
5.00GP:

It is better to be a wanderer than to be an almajiri, beggar, tout in your land. Despite the marginalisation towards the East, we still stand up tall can you beat that?
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by geeez: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
Awolowo did such a damn good job that over 40years after, people still troop in from the erosion ravaged region to catch a glimpse of what he has done and benefit from it

Lagos is like their New York and they return home speaking their language with a Yoruba accent. Imagine
grin

1 Like

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by revolt(m): 1:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
geeez: Awolowo did such a damn good job that over 40years after, people still troop in from the erosion ravaged region to catch a glimpse of what he has done and benefit from it

Lagos is like their New York and they return home speaking their language with a Yoruba accent. Imagine
grin
you liars, awo didn't develop Lagos. ibb and gowon even did more than him you ingrates even need to worship the duo rather than your inimical tantrums towards them.
Michel okpara was a very good administrator. the civil war destroyed most of his legacies
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Kponkwem(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
5.00GP:

Why are the Isreali Jews scattered all over the world? Why are they going back to the commercial industrial complexes of eastern Europe where millons were gassed to death?

How are the Isreali managing this? Not everything should be said in a public forum.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by winniz: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
geeez: Awolowo did such a damn good job that over 40years after, people still troop in from the erosion ravaged region to catch a glimpse of what he has done and benefit from it

grin
. Sharap, which lagos is like New York? That filthy place full of agberos and touts which ur useless people breed like dogs. I wonder how igbos survive there.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Op is a gullible sycophant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebola: Nigeria Gets Nano-silva Trial Drug / EXPOSED: Another Plot By APC To Stop Fayose's Inauguration Uncovered. / APC OFFICE RAID: Jonathan Bent On Pushing Nigeria Towards Anarchy — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.