Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank (6512 Views)

Recruitment In Bank Phb And Dangote Sugar Refinery / Bank Phb Is Recruiting! / Bank Phb's Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by wisedman10: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hello house,
I have come to you with a request. I have a slight challenge. I have to make a decision between these two banks soon and i want the house to help me out here with constructive reasons please.
I will appreciate all posts on this.
Thank u all while i anticipate ur response
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by stullah: 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2008
hi,
Bank PHB pays 200k while Zenith pays 75k but now 85 n i heard Zenith is the least paying bank.
Zenith is not so strict about what u wear just b corporate but Bank PHB is.
They both have branches almost everywhere.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Adido(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2008
Hello Dearly Beloved and Confused,
For me I think the smartest choice wld be Zenith Bank. The only think BankPHB has got working for them is that the pay is seemingly good. Byond that, I dont see any basis for comparism btw the two banks. Besides, its not true that Zenith is the worst paying bank. EAs now receive 2.9 in Zenith. In this era of salary reversals, what wld happen if u go to Bankphb and the salary is slashed down? But as for Zenith, its a fantastically inpressive bank. You wld be able to hold ur head up high anytime anyday. Its a great trainning ground. You are revered, you are respected. You become a hot cake in the banking industry. If u leave Zenith, anyother bank wld scramble for you. Can the same be said about Bankphb?
So beloved, think beyond money.

Have I been of any help?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by obino4lurv(m): 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2008
Men Adido u sound like a zenith bank staff, no vex, lol, if zenith na the least paying bank, then they are, no be fight, what i know is that phb pays your monthly salary based on achievement, so if u dont meet your target by say 50%, then be prepared to earn 50% of ya pay, but in zenith your achievement is considered for your extra pay, so your monthly pay is guaranteed, hope the house agrees with me,
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by wisedman10: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2008
Thanks u all for your response/advice. I will definitely consider them. When i make my decision ii will let u all know. Once again, thank you.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Gamine(f): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
Go to PHB abeg o!
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by wisedman10: 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hello Gamine,
Why do u want me to take PHB? I will appreciate ur reasons.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Boslo: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
My Brother,
Ask for God's Guidance.If u rely upon him u will not make a wrong decision.If u av a gud Pastor.Go and explain to him/her.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by chuksloy: 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
well the position matters. if i where to choose between a manager position in bankphb and any other lower position in zenithbank. i will go for bankphb, but if its thesame position i will go for zenith bank, from what i have seen zenith bank is like a dream come true for most people, i dont really know why. their fashion and style kills me.

http://www.fashonplc.com
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by lexicon(m): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
Seek Guidance from da almighty God and follow your heart
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by MrCrackles(m): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
@poster

go where your heart is at, you dont let other people make decisions solely for you!
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by odunney: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
i think you go for zenith bank cos bank php gat 2 do wit target and if u cnt meet it u re fired?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by bimzy: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
i think Zenith is better in every areas compared to bank phb, so go for ur choice
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by MISSWORLD1(f): 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
thanks for all the advice, i've made my choice long ago, i hope to resume in zenith.bank if given the opportunity.the best place to be!!
Zenith bank enables career progression,giving you the ability to put your creative ability to work.marketing unit is the place to be anytime.
Bank phb has a good brand,but not so strong in developing their staff,
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by xheggs(m): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2008
Brash!:

@poster

go where your heart is at, you don't let other people make decisions solely for you!
thats my line grin grin

also ask GOD for help.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by cgift(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
bimzy:

i think Zenith is better in every areas compared to bank phb, so go for your choice

sources? gbegborun  angry
MISS WORLD:

[b]Zenith bank enables career progression,giving you the ability to put your creative ability to work.marketing unit is the place to be anytime.[/b]Bank phb has a good brand,but not so strong in developing their staff,

you lie and do not live according to the truth! The reverse i believe is the case except you are in operations and their treasury. Nothing else. Being in this banking long enough.

Them Zenith people whenever they come join us, they just cant cope. That is the plain truth. If you are in marketing, you will know next to nothing except mobilising deposits!

Compare 10 staff of the two banks across varied functions and yu will be shocked! Zenith is also tough on firing when targets are not met (expecially at the marketing departments).

Dont believe me check it out yourself.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by delegiwa(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Let me state here that I've worked in both outfits - Zenith first and then PHB. I'm currently with Exxonmobil. Both Banks have their good points and their wahalas. But if you juxtapose the good points and the wahalas of the bank, I think you look towards PHB. Like cgift said, when I joined PHB from Zenith, I was lost for more than 6 months until I was finally rescued.

Zenith is a good bank and so is PHB. But I'd take PHB anytime.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by mogentle(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
choose by God's leading.
remember me when pepper start to dey flow into ya purse
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by uniquelove(f): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2008
Is there really any difference?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by slyk2(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
may God be with you in your time of confusion.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by ugwuoke: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2008
hey all house members i de hail!
asking for advive on whether to choose btwn Zenith and PHbank make other have watering apetites
for me i will look beyond the pay package and ask myself what do i really want to be say in life or the next 5-10 years/
will zenith or phb get me to my perceived ambition? after that question is answered it will go a long way in answering the question which you should choose.
finally ask God for his guidance.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Romans(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2008
don't know too much abt both banks, but i heard from an insider that PHB pays according to your target achievement. So if your a marketer, their is a strong chance that you will not earn all that you saw on your employment paper. I advise you combine all that you have heard before making a decision. .
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
some body said if you have a good pastor go explain to him, mmmmmmmm sounds the same as if you have a good babalawo, go and explain to him. pastor, babalawo no difference nowadays. my broda you can pick any one, the end point is what matters, an executive director from both banks is cool, that,s your target.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by amigoes(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2008
abeegi PHB jare, at least they wont ask you to kneel down or do push up if you failed to meet your target. grin grin grin

on a more serious note PHB is more humane,
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by tyor: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2008
i think what is d bone of contention here, is a matter of WHAT U WANT TO MAKE OF UR CAREER, u'll agree with me that Zenith is well packaged and more reputed even though PHB is tryn to re-brand and make all d noise. when u talk about pay there's not much disparity in the pay. who ever if u're working basically because of the money, just like UGWOKE said, u'll look at whats gonna happen in say 5-10 yrs.
as for me, Zenith is better because considering the nature and volume of Zenith's business, u'll definitely find more challenges which broadens ur horizon, I THINK DATS WAT THEY CALL EXPERIENCE
well, it all depends on what your functions are in the 2 banks. its after u hav fully known the position/dept u'll be operating from. just shine ur eyes and dont believe what STULLAH said about PHB -200k as against zenith-85k. find out more about PHB trainee pay, dat 200k is for EA.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Ruddyface(f): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2008
If choosing between ZIB and PHB has become so difficult, why not leave both and go to Union Bank instead? grin grin grin
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Adido(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ cgift

I have never read a more inaccurate account of Zenith Bank and its policies. U sound like someone who has been trying to get into Zenith Bank to no avail and has now taking to slader (in a libelous form). Zenith Bank staffs are well informed and are always in the know, marketer or no marketer. It is believed that knowledge is key to customer service. Zenith Bank also trains its staffs regularly. They have an insatiable appertite for continous staff development via training. Zenith Bank does not fire its staffs without due cause. None performance alone cannot be a reason to revoke your contract of employment. Zenith is a key leader in the banking industry with high business morals and respect for human dignity of service.

ls someone shld pls carry out the survey recommended by cgift and tell us the result.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Tayonaira1: 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2008
i m in first bank, acess and zenith wants me .should i leave
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by kekere007: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
Why so much misinformation on the two banks? beyond the facade, intellectual content in zenith bank is next to zero, pay is scrap and so much politicking. whilst Phb is not any better, they make attempts however feeble to add weight to training and education. if u are interested in the pay - Bank Phb (much better than zenith), if u are interested in developing your career vide training and exposure - do apply to GT Bank or Access Bank (they have the best training schools). Take it from a man that has worked in both institutions and who is currently a consultant tracking the banking industry. Need more statistics? Holla!!!

1 Like

Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by cgift(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2008
Adido:

@ cgift

I have never read a more inaccurate account of Zenith Bank and its policies. You sound like someone who has been trying to get into Zenith Bank to no avail and has now taking to slader (in a libelous form). Zenith Bank staffs are well informed and are always in the know, marketer or no marketer. It is believed that knowledge is key to customer service. Zenith Bank also trains its staffs regularly. They have an insatiable appertite for continous staff development via training. Zenith Bank does not fire its staffs without due cause. None performance alone cannot be a reason to revoke your contract of employment. Zenith is a key leader in the banking industry with high business morals and respect for human dignity of service.

ls someone shld please carry out the survey recommended by cgift and tell us the result.

You ust be in their HR or Brand Marketing Unit tongue
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by timmfikk(m): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2008
I want you all to know that Both banks have aims and what they both want to achieve, they are both Good banks and i think in terms of working facilities zenith is better, in pay yes phb is okay but i also want you to know that you need to work up to your target in both sides and i guess mind choose just try and take it easy with yah self in here beause neither omovie nor abiola son will ever know u're fighting on their investment in here,

please explains things to each other in piece and let ND peeps help themselves in the very best way.

I'm out for now,

Pay is not doing everything at all ma brother call your God and let him direct you to the right path.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by geeniezone: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2008
my friend, i worked with zenith bank and i can say that it has its pros and cons. the pay's not very encouraging but guaranteed. the system is very tense as u'll be driven beyond norm, especially if u're in marketing (which was where i was). the strain to achieve targets can be particularly frustrating. as for bank phb, i kno they have a very good hr department because i deal with them presently in d consulting firm i work with.

the fact is u determine exactly what u want ultimately, and that's what will decide where u wanna go next. in my advise, zenith bank is a bank that u enjoy short term benefits from Assistant Manager upwards. the reputation of the bank is impeccable, so i can promise u that u'll earn more respect out there carrying the zenith brand than d phb brand, but the question is what's most important to u. how long do u wann be in the bank? are u just passing thru or u are planning to build a career in banking? if d former is your choice, i think u shud do bank phb, but if the latter is ur choice, then maybe zenith will give you the good training ground.

as to whether zenith bank staff are sharp and smart, the truth's a personal choice. i learnt a whole lot more than the poeple i met there cos i was hungry and searching for something. d choice is urs, whether u'r in zenith or phb.

finally, i pray God's wisdom to help u make a decision that is anchored on His purpose for u. hope my comments will help u

(1) (2) (Reply)

INTERSOS Nigeria Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Uac Test Format / Graphic Artist Needed At WHO - Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.