Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? (35816 Views)

Is QE1+ A Toning And Good Cream / Skin Toning Cream / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by ginezz: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
The same between 6 and half a dozen.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
No difference!
Bleach na to wash cloth, tone na degree of brightness & darkness of the body. Tone na to change colour.
Last Bullet:
Something's wrong with your brain.
Recharge it with a BB charger.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by nickz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Caracta(f): 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lilimax:
Nah, toning gradually alters the skin colour but bleaching
is by force and by fire; whatever means grin

Ok. Maybe i got it all wrong...but i think toning involves more than using a body cream. Don't dark-skinned people tone too to make their original complexion shinny and clean? They simply glow and radiate.

POPE II: and where was that natural colour? Hidden?
Lmao

Hidden by forces of nature cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by TrishaP(f): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
AdannayaBella: There is a big difference between the two. The main purpose of toning is to even out the skin tone. Toning repairs discoloration of the skin tone caused by the sun or other things. Basically, toning blends all the different patches of skin colors into one even tone, to your original complexion. Toning has no side effects. Bleaching on the other hand, is the scraping of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). This whitens one's complexion as his/her skin layer thins out. As a result, he/she becomes susceptible to skin cancer especially when exposed to sunlight.
I agree with u.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by otosa(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
She dey ask me, na who I go ask. wait a minute let me ask Google. (won fe bora grin grin grin)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Phamoxy(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Toning helps maintain skin colour while bleaching is changing one colour completely mayb from black to light, black to white, light to white etc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Thenny: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pals therez a big difference those wu said dat it d same hmmmmmm 4 dem
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wait lemme consult Ifa
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote
author=POPE II]Toning is as bad as bleaching. You all should stop
deceiving yourselves. They both damage your skin and show how complexed
you are. [/quote]

#COMPLEXED#
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Princessderaa(f): 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dia is a big diff.toning is makin ur body bright nd smooth while bleaching is changing de colour of ur skin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by UjSizzle(f): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Toning= Polish

Bleaching= Dye

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Chinwem(f): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
Is it me or toning means two different things depending on your location on the globe?

In Nigeria toning is changing your skin colour

Elsewhere it is -cleansing
-tightening
- re freshening
- restoring natural pH balance
- removing residual makeup on skin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by ChuckD1(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yes. The spelling is different.
Otherwise they are the same.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Sike(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm black & i love it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by lomprico(m): 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Toning na for ajebota, bleaching na for kpako. All na the same.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by DKJaleel: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Paroman: ﺍﻟﺜﺎﻧﻴﺔ ﺗﺘﺸﺮﻑ ﻣﺆﺳﺴﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﻠﻚ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻌﻠﻦ ﻋﻦ ﺇﻃﻼﻕ ﺍﻟﺒﺮﻧﺎﻣﺞ ﺍﻟﺴﻨﻮﻯ ﻟﻠﻤﻨﺢ ﺍﻟﺪﺭﺍﺳﻴﺔ ﻣﺘﺪﺭﺏ )ﻟﻠﻤﺤﺎﺳﺒﻴﻦ -ﻭﺍﻟﺨﺮﻳﺠﻴﻴﻦ -ﻭﺍﻟﻄﻠﺒﺔ ( ﻟﺸﻬﺎﺩﺓ ﺍﻟﻤﺤﺎﺳﺐ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﻤﺤﺘﺮﻑ ﺏ ﺷﻬﺎﺩﺍﺕ ﻣﻌﺘﻤﺪﺓ ﺑﺄﺧﺮ ﻣﺤﺎﺿﺮﺓ ﺑﺎﻟﻜﻮﺭﺱ -1ﺷﻬﺎﺩﺓ ﻣﻌﺘﻤﺪﺓ ﻭﻣﺨﺘﻮﻣﺔ ﺑﺨﺘﻢ ﺍﻟﻨﺴﺮ.y do u now understand?
thrash!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by DKJaleel: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
uj_sizzle: Toning= Polish

Bleaching= Dye
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by AdorableJosh(m): 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
Titiluvly: Toning - you still remain thesame but your skin is brighter n glowing

Bleaching - you are no longer thesame..

Take for E.g God sends an angel to deliver the answer to your prayers, and u wia dark in complexion,Unfortunately for Ÿ̲̣ou,the angel came looking for Ÿ̲̣ou wen Ÿ̲̣ou are now "white"..grin, He takes the blessing back..dats what bleaching can do to a person..
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Zet72(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ms_Steph: Is there any difference?
undecided
Ask Yoruba tribe......

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by pet4luv2k10ioma(f): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
Weather Toning or Bleaching ur lighting ur skin, so there is no diff.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Originalsly: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
AdannayaBella: There is a big difference between the two. The main purpose of toning is to even out the skin tone. Toning repairs discoloration of the skin tone caused by the sun or other things. Basically, toning blends all the different patches of skin colors into one even tone, to your original complexion. Toning has no side effects. Bleaching on the other hand, is the scraping of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). This whitens one's complexion as his/her skin layer thins out. As a result, he/she becomes susceptible to skin cancer especially when exposed to sunlight.
TONING...woman wears bra and bikini all day every day...when she takes them off those areas have a lighter colour than the rest of her body. Toning would be to have a uniform colour so she can darken that small area or...like so many people with complex would prefer.....lighten the rest of the body to match the small area! BLEACHING is well explained above period.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Joshuadon: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color] just watching evri one
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Paroman: ﺍﻟﺜﺎﻧﻴﺔ ﺗﺘﺸﺮﻑ ﻣﺆﺳﺴﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﻠﻚ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻌﻠﻦ ﻋﻦ ﺇﻃﻼﻕ ﺍﻟﺒﺮﻧﺎﻣﺞ ﺍﻟﺴﻨﻮﻯ ﻟﻠﻤﻨﺢ ﺍﻟﺪﺭﺍﺳﻴﺔ ﻣﺘﺪﺭﺏ )ﻟﻠﻤﺤﺎﺳﺒﻴﻦ -ﻭﺍﻟﺨﺮﻳﺠﻴﻴﻦ -ﻭﺍﻟﻄﻠﺒﺔ ( ﻟﺸﻬﺎﺩﺓ ﺍﻟﻤﺤﺎﺳﺐ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﻤﺤﺘﺮﻑ ﺏ ﺷﻬﺎﺩﺍﺕ ﻣﻌﺘﻤﺪﺓ ﺑﺄﺧﺮ ﻣﺤﺎﺿﺮﺓ ﺑﺎﻟﻜﻮﺭﺱ -1ﺷﻬﺎﺩﺓ ﻣﻌﺘﻤﺪﺓ ﻭﻣﺨﺘﻮﻣﺔ ﺑﺨﺘﻢ ﺍﻟﻨﺴﺮ.y do u now understand?

Meaning via google translate

The second honor of King Abdullah to announce the launch of the program's annual scholarship trainee) for accountants - and graduates - and students (to the testimony of the accountant's financial professional with certificates ČĂÎŃ lecture Balchors -1 certificate opaque.

Whatever that means
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Theblessed(f): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
[b][size=16pt]No difference, at all!!

However, in practical terms, bleaching is fast and furious skin peeling and more corrosive to the skin than skin toning. It involves the application of a mixture of very harsh chemicals on the skin and in the process - it peels off the epidermis (i.e. the upper layer ) of the skin thus, giving it the lighter appearance the user intended.

However, this intended appearance is short-lived, if not maintained resulting in the user's skin appearing more darker and with spots in affected areas.

On the other hand, toning, involves, using a more gentle chemical to gradually peel off the epidermis without much adverse effect thus, resulting in more gentler, lighter youthful skin. Also, it requires maintenance without which, the user's skin appears darker than when he/she started.

As we can see, there are no difference but the motives are of the users, are the same - to achieve a much lighter skin than their orginal skin colour.

Yes, both methods can be use to achieve the same outcome - to lift a rather dawdry skin e.g. black or (white freckled ) skin to a level, above its natural or base colour so that it appears more lighter, youthful and attractive to the beholder - and that's the motive.

So. it's all about raising one's 'Sex Appeal' to the opposite sex. cool
[/size][/b]
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Medunah: 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
as far as i am concerned, there is no difference
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Debola69(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Je n'ai pas vraiment rien à foutre mehn!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by nkpommpko(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Toning is bleaching and bleaching is the End product of toning(yellow fever)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by c4sam(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
D different between toning and bleaching is d spelling
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by gymmaster(m): 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
i think it is the same ,but one thing i have observed is the effect of the weather,if you see a black skin from the uk,or america and a black skin from africa there is a huge differernce,the black skin from the US or western europe glows better than the ones from africa.
for instance i know one twin brothers,one left for norway years ago,whenever he comes to nigeria you will notice the diiference in their skin tone.
so my advice to anyone who wants to tone?travell to a country with mild weather,stay for a year,your skin go change without using bleaching or toning creams.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
*brings out a wrap of smoke and puts on his Fela voice*

You dey bleach oh, you dey bleach,
yeye thing
you dey bleach oh, you dey bleach
ugly thing
you dey bleach oh.....
fcukin thing
you dey bleach oh....
stupid thing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Toning And Bleaching?? by Gregdcutie(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
nairalanders what treatment would you recommend to treat spots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Kenyan Man Wears Colourful Suits To Match His Phones / The Man Who Wears Make-up Perfectly Than Most Women / How can I Get Rid Of Sunburn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.