Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. (2665 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by deolu2000(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2014
Nlanders,please your advise is required about the range of grade(commulative average in percentage) required for a M.Sc holder to lecture in most Nigerian institutions,bearing in mind that the holder had no first class in his first degree.opinons and advise will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by sholatech(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Not really strict, but most Unis require you to score above 60 percent which is the requirement for enrolment into Phd
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by xfire: 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
sholatech: Not really strict, but most Unis require you to score above 60 percent which is the requirement for enrolment into Phd
I think that answers it. Even if you have a first class, you will still need a cumulative of 60% to progress for PhD. And I will advise you to go for a M.Phil and not just M.Sc. As you well know, academic research is the hallmark of lecturing job.
Academics in the house can also shed some light.
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by baba11(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
sholatech: Not really strict, but most Unis require you to score above 60 percent which is the requirement for enrolment into Phd
You rightly said it.60% is the aggregate requirement to further with phd which is equivalent to 3.00cgpa.
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by baba11(m): 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
xfire:
I think that answers it. Even if you have a first class, you will still need a cumulative of 60% to progress for PhD. And I will advise you to go for a M.Phil and not just M.Sc. As you well know, academic research is the hallmark of lecturing job.
Academics in the house can also shed some light.
Besides,don't go for professional masters rather academics type,Msc or better M.phil.Your grade for employment will be determine by the school,so you have to find out from them.School like Ekiti State University has set high standard by which their lecturing career starts with Assistant lecturer not Graduate Assistant,for this reason, you should not expect them to compromise on the standard of qualification!
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by deolu2000(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thanks for all the replies,i graduted with a lower in B.sc Industrial Chemistry but have since proceeded with my M.sc,in the 3rd mnth now.i have the flair for lecturing that is why i asked the question.but i don't know if M.phil is necessary if one makes the grade for Phd.enlighten me more,thanks.
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by baba11(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
M.phil is only an added advantage as it requires more research than ordinary Msc.Don't do Msc professionals because with this you can't continue with your Phd,you can only use it to work and make sure you make minimum of 60% grade!!!
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by deolu2000(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
@baba11: am studying M.sc industrial chemistry at the moment,what are professional M.sc courses?
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by baba11(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
Professional masters is somewhat similar to your undergrad days where you didn't do much on research,it was majorly a coursework,that's taking lecture etc.Academics masters,you are expected to carry out some amount of researches as it pertains to your course of studies.If you want to know,you can check the brochure you are given or simply ask from the dept,they are in the best position to tell u.
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by deolu2000(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=baba11]Professional masters is somewhat similar to your undergrad days where you didn't do much on research,it was majorly a coursework,that's taking lecture etc.Academics masters,you are expected to carry out some amount of researches as it pertains to your course of studies.If you want to know,you can check the brochure you are given or simply ask from the dept,they are in the best position to tell u. Sir,i get you now,am at UNILORIN,where research is paramout for M.Sc students.thanks alot,your brotherly advise are so appreciated as wel as those of other contributors to the thread.
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by baba11(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
You are welcome bro!
Re: Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2014
Just like you can work with MSC., can you also work with m.Phil? I mean aside from lecturing??

(1) (Reply)

Sales Development Representative (intern) / 19 Classes Of People You Will Find In Every Work Place. / LEGITIMATE: How You Can Be Making At Least ₦3,000 Daily Into Your Local Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.