Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14125 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Dragonking: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Wetin concern me..Abeg make i sleep small. grin grin grin

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by priscaoge(f): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lmao @ d above pic gringrincheesycheesygrin^^^^
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Onegai(f): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
I thought this thread was for comics, not movies. Marvel and DC are awesome! Did anyone read "Power Pack" and I heard Marvel is making "Thor" a Black girl.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena: Marvel has been doing really well especially on screen,, like their phase 1 was so on point with movies like captain America: The first Avenger, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, and the record breaking movie rounding off Phase 1 The Avengers grossing over 5billion dollars, and breaking almost all box office records existing with the amazing writer Joss whedon (what do u expect) bringing in different heroes into one movie and making it a success is truly spectacular. Scratch that on to the next one, Marvel are in Phase 2 now, you might have seen some of the movies like Iron man 3 starting Phase 2, Thor 2: The Dark world, and the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming on April 4th this January, and rounding off Phase 2 on 2015 with The Avengers sequel (The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron) no doubt that's gonna be awesome, and Ant man (yap the movie) on november 2015, introducing Hank Pym aka Ant man, and The Wasp,,...

And after that on to Phase 3 (details not out yet) I just hope they do a Dr Strange movie on Phase 3 and another Hulk standalone movie (maybe Planet Hulk,or better still World War Hulk).

DC universe still on Phase 1...what a shocker (ya right) , with the release of Man Of steel, and a big budget film for 2015, u guessed it Superman vs Batman (or superman and Batman if u like).

Shout out to marvel, the best ever. Do share some of your best Marvel comics you would like to see become a movie. For me Dr strange and Deadpool.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ha at your age lol... I like naruto tongue
Guykhena: Marvel has been doing really well especially on screen,, like their phase 1 was so on point with movies like captain America: The first Avenger, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, and the record breaking movie rounding off Phase 1 The Avengers grossing over 5billion dollars, and breaking almost all box office records existing with the amazing writer Joss whedon (what do u expect) bringing in different heroes into one movie and making it a success is truly spectacular. Scratch that on to the next one, Marvel are in Phase 2 now, you might have seen some of the movies like Iron man 3 starting Phase 2, Thor 2: The Dark world, and the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming on April 4th this January, and rounding off Phase 2 on 2015 with The Avengers sequel (The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron) no doubt that's gonna be awesome, and Ant man (yap the movie) on november 2015, introducing Hank Pym aka Ant man, and The Wasp,,...

And after that on to Phase 3 (details not out yet) I just hope they do a Dr Strange movie on Phase 3 and another Hulk standalone movie (maybe Planet Hulk,or better still World War Hulk).

DC universe still on Phase 1...what a shocker (ya right) , with the release of Man Of steel, and a big budget film for 2015, u guessed it Superman vs Batman (or superman and Batman if u like).

Shout out to marvel, the best ever. Do share some of your best Marvel comics you would like to see become a movie. For me Dr strange and Deadpool.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
DC are overpowered bullshit characters .. Batman could defeat anyone with prep.. I have always loved Marvel -this year they have swiped DC off surface -consider winter soldier ' IM3 Epicness .. Someone else will be taking over captain america and thor character respectively in the comics.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by gaetano: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
That's how we roll
grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
my favourites are Jeane grey and psylocke in comics ' thor and silver surfer in movies .
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44:
Battle wetin? Disney is even better than Marvel sef tongue
undecided

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

Man, I'm r
#TeamStark cool
God bless you. Although i have to say,marvel also have their fair share of mumu heroes. E.g skin(has extended layers of skin that makes him look like an abomination),cypher(understands all languages,like hell he needs that when battling aliens) e.t.c. But you do have a point. Asides from batman and superman(maybe green arrow),every other comic superheroe character is trash. Their writers lack originality. Half of their superheroe contingent are a rip off from marvel universe
another problem of DC is that they over power their characters. Superman still had a shred of humanity that helped us relate to him on a human level,which is a weakness. Now,superman is immune to kryptonite,he can alter reality as he pleases,he has powers that surpass that of galacticus and the celestial combined and is second only to the one above all,i mean WTF? The same clark kent. In summary DC is shit and asides from batman comics,there's nothing worth reading from them
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia: By the way, it's already been confirmed The Avengers will be doing battle with this inter-galactic badass, Thanos:

Boss na lie o....the Avengers are battling the AI(artificial Intelligence) Tony Stark created....dere is even a rumour dat it mite be Jarvis
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jaymaestro: DC are overpowered bullshit characters .. Batman could defeat anyone with prep.. I have always loved Marvel -this year they have swiped DC off surface -consider winter soldier ' IM3 Epicness .. Someone else will be taking over captain america and thor character respectively in the comics.
yap. Falcon's the new cap since steve rogers lost the super soldier serum and is too old to fight. I placing my bet on thor's daughter to be the one worthy of the hammer
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Smoothicee(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guys post links where I can get free marvel comics.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ooshinibos: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
THIS NAIRALAND IS BECOMING ....THE THREAD BEING COMMENTED IS VERY OLD and the article is irrelevant and out of date ...whoever approved this thread must be a Nigerian as usual ...my days on nairaland is numbered ...its becoming really hard to see good stuff nowadays and am lossing interest fast
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by houstonia(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

Man, I'm really hoping you don't go out and say this in public, for the sake of your jaw. Like really, whaaat?

Are you talking about Marvel? With critically acclaimed films like The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Thor and X-Men to its name?

You even dare try to run it down with its immense contribution to the comic-celluloid crossover?

Are you going to compare Marvel to DC, with only its two heroes, Batman and Superman, making any semblance of success at the cinemas? Haven't their other crossovers ended up as devastating failures?
Do you want me to mention that cinematic abortion known as Catwoman?
When they made Green Lantern in 2010 with a 230 million dollar budget, didn't that turn out a festering stinker? Since then, have they had the balls to try introducing any of their other heroes to the big screen? No!
Why? Because they know deep in their hearts their characters just can't work on the big screen, since there isn't a shred of logic in any of them. For that reason, they've stuck to their usual fare - Batman and Superman. That's all they've freakin' got.

Let's see the heroes Marvel and DC have brought to live action and then judge for yourself:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Blade, Cyclops, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Hulk, Storm, Jean, The Thing, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc

DC: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman... 2 of which were major embarrassments.

You want me to mention Joel Schumacer's Batman and Robin? Rated the worst superhero movie of all time, with gay-looking nippples on their suits, gay statues of naked men as props, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in his gayest role to date?

Or should I go into their checkered superhero gallery which contains losers like Aquaman - a 'superhero' whose 'super power' is... wait for it... The ability to talk to FISH!

Duuuuude, are you kidding me?

Marvel rules!
#TeamStark cool

DC character were made super strong to be able to stand against the slick Marvel characters, peradventure any feature . that's all I can say grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin if not explain to me a world where everybody flies? where does that kinda shiit happen?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tintingz(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Marvel are really doing good job by filming their superheros more than DC. The DC movies superheros are superman, batman, Catwoman and green lantern while Marvel have filmed a lot of their superheros.

I like Superman character a lot, I'm a fan of clark kent/kal-el

...but I have begin to fall in deep liking with marvel movies this days. smiley
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by defendedvictim(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
am I d only one who doesn't understand anything abt dis thread?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44:
When I mean Disney, I am talking of characters like Aladdin and co tonguegrin
. Dc only has batman nd superman. They killed flash,wonderwoman and aqua man. No one even knows the last hit movie Dc made. Dnt tell me man of steel. That's terrible. In terms of making games tho. Dc is better just because of injustice:gods among us and batman:arkham origins. Marvel has no first class game. In games Dc is better in everything else. Marvel

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: Ha at your age lol... I like naruto tongue
cheesy
Naruto really?
I rather watch dora the explorer tongue
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by sarmiie(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

Man, I'm really hoping you don't go out and say this in public, for the sake of your jaw. Like really, whaaat?

Are you talking about Marvel? With critically acclaimed films like The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Thor and X-Men to its name?

You even dare try to run it down with its immense contribution to the comic-celluloid crossover?

Are you going to compare Marvel to DC, with only its two heroes, Batman and Superman, making any semblance of success at the cinemas? Haven't their other crossovers ended up as devastating failures?
Do you want me to mention that cinematic abortion known as Catwoman?
When they made Green Lantern in 2010 with a 230 million dollar budget, didn't that turn out a festering stinker? Since then, have they had the balls to try introducing any of their other heroes to the big screen? No!
Why? Because they know deep in their hearts their characters just can't work on the big screen, since there isn't a shred of logic in any of them. For that reason, they've stuck to their usual fare - Batman and Superman. That's all they've freakin' got.

Let's see the heroes Marvel and DC have brought to live action and then judge for yourself:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Blade, Cyclops, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Hulk, Storm, Jean, The Thing, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc

DC: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman... 2 of which were major embarrassments.

You want me to mention Joel Schumacer's Batman and Robin? Rated the worst superhero movie of all time, with gay-looking nippples on their suits, gay statues of naked men as props, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in his gayest role to date?

Or should I go into their checkered superhero gallery which contains losers like Aquaman - a 'superhero' whose 'super power' is... wait for it... The ability to talk to FISH!

Duuuuude, are you kidding me?

Marvel rules!
#TeamStark cool

poster soloed!!!!
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Oh but you don't know anything tongue naruto rocks
Guykhena:
cheesy
Naruto really?
I rather watch dora the explorer tongue
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
damilola5019:
Boss na lie o....the Avengers are battling the AI(artificial Intelligence) Tony Stark created....dere is even a rumour dat it mite be Jarvis
na ultron .
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lol suleman
gaetano: That's how we roll
grin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
damilola5019:
. Not jarvis. In avengers they are battling ultron an artificial intelligence that tony created. Diff from jarvis
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: Oh but you don't know anything tongue naruto rocks
naruto = fillers polluted anime . i prefer one piece .
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

In that case, that newspaper cartoon, "Silent Giggles" by Andy Akman, is better than everything in DC, including the movies.
Mtsshheeeeew! grin tongue
. In fact Mr bean will handle em all
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by sarmiie(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Smoothicee: Guys post links where I can get free marvel comics.

seconded
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

grin Wanna bet?
Whedon, in his interviews, tries to throw us off by intentionally giving confusing messages, but I'm very sure that post-credits scene at the end of the first film wasn't for nothing.
The sequel may have "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron" as its working title, but my gut feeling tells me Thanos will play a very prominent role in that movie.

All the same, the speculation is great for us Marvel fans who atleast have a lot to expect this year and the next, unlike Mynd44 and the other DC fans who only have their wack potential flop Wonder Woman to look forward to grin

Nooo. Thanos isn't goining to be in avengers 2. Maybe part 3 you can check the plot of avengers:age of ultron in Wikipedia. Ultron is d antagonist
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by kullozone(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
DC ROCKZ
I lyk thor though,bt thor2 wasn't dat gud.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
tomiobj: . Not jarvis. In avengers they are battling ultron an artificial intelligence that tony created. Diff from jarvis
I knw but dere is a rumour dat Ulthron mite be Jarvis cos dey are using d same voice actor for ulthron
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by sarmiie(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
gaetano: That's how we roll
grin

i like ur signature...who's ur favorite uchiha??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAGABAN Ft SELINA TESTED Episode 23 & 24 (war At Dawn) #viralvideo #trending / 'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.