Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14135 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: Oh but you don't know anything tongue naruto rocks
They scream too much angry
And the seasons is damn too long,I heard it's in its 37th season shocked
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jaymaestro: na ultron .
I knw its ulthron but dere are speculations dat Ulthron mite be an upgraded Jarvis cos dey are using d same voice actor
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by sarmiie(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: Ha at your age lol... I like naruto tongue

another naruto lover huh?? It seems we r quite rare here..
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by IAMBREEZY: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
UjSizzle: TeamMarvel cheesy

Tony Starks is the baddest cool
baddest? shattap their! grin
@topic Am a big fan of bruce wayne(BATMAN) and SUPERMAN,those guys where my fave when i was a kid, even up to this moment they are simply the BADDEST SUPERHEROES EVER LIVETH.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by gaetano: 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
sarmiie:

i like ur signature...who's ur favorite uchiha??

M A D A R A
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44:
Marvel movies have no intelligence behind it. For goodness Ironman 3 and Thor 2 are supposed to be events preceding Avengers right? Then where was Thor, hulk, and captain America when the Mandarin was causing trouble in Iron man 3?

Where was Iron man when the world was going to hell in Thor 2?

Lack of intelligence and strategy.

Pained enough yet?
Before you comment on this thread. Watch all marvel movies first and understand. Thor stays in a different 'realm' that humans can't go to. When he was on earth malekith prevented people from getting closer. And @ the end of avengers. Everyone saw they were all retired and separated. And iron man is no longer the iron man he threw dat stuff in his chest into the ocean.
In iron man 3. (be4 Thor part2). Thor lost contact with midgard(earth) after the avengers. U can tell by how Mary kane slapped him for not coming back. Captain America is in some random country fighting with the us army. Bruce banner is working with shield atm. Making vaccines and other shield secret stuffs. Does my superstore answer ur question. If not. Ask me a part I dint answer
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:
They scream too much angry
And the seasons is damn too long,I heard it's in its 37th season shocked

Exactly. When I wanted to start watching it. It wz in season 19. I wz lyk....u people should get a life

Ahah. Are the voice actors nt tired by now
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
tomiobj:

Exactly. When I wanted to start watching it. It wz in season 19. I wz lyk....u people should get a life

Ahah. Are the voice actors nt tired by now
I mean watching 37 seasons shocked just to stay current?I will definitely get bored...

And the squeaky screams,irritates my ears,I mean for example

*Sasuke punches Naruto*
Naruto-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sasuke- muchirinoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,shariiiiiiinnnnnnnnggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cheesy this is annoying
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by pickabeau1: 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
This thread should be named Marvel Films Fan Boys

I expected discussions on the key storylines

The Sentinels
Venom/Carnage
Hulk Vs Thor /Wolverine and the Hulk vs Banner Split

If you are talking of story lines

DC is still up there

InfiniteCrisis
Doomsday and the Return of Superman
Batman: Halloween
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights and Darkest Night

Marvel makes good films.... I love both of them

Any fans of Deadhorse?

Batman vs Predator..
StarWars

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
hmmmmm
sarmiie:

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
sarmiie:

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
sarmiie:

Naruto lover here!....dere is a thread for naruto fans o
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by irukandji89(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Is there anyone here who thinks ironman 3 was crap?

like, why did they pansy-out mandarin's xter?

i mean, mandarin was badass in the comics, not a British speaking, epl watching, wimpy has-been actor.

no power from his power rings?? Comon!!!!

i get get they wanted to attract more audience than the geeks at comicCon, but the deviation from the comics by marvel is excessive

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
damilola5019:
I knw its ulthron but dere are speculations dat Ulthron mite be an upgraded Jarvis cos dey are using d same voice actor
No Jarvis is being upgraded to The Vision.....
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
and thor is upgraded to a woman cool
Guykhena:
No Jarvis is being upgraded to The Vision.....
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: and thor is upgraded to a woman cool
angry nooooooopee.
The Mjionir mantle is just being pass to a lady,,not a mystical transformation as you think..

Btw
Who's your favourite Marvel Character smiley ?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
ummmm power puff girls undecided jj, xmen is my marvel comic fave and I like mystique best grin
Guykhena:
angry nooooooopee.
The Mjionir mantle is just being pass to a lady,,not a mystical transformation as you think..

Btw
Who's your favourite Marvel Character smiley ?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Bome01(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
The Avengers for me was awesome!
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by easyelliot(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Iron man 3 was bad, but thanks to RDJ and his charisma ppl were seduced into believing it was good.

Man of steel started well then CGI kidnapped the movie.

Kudos to whomever started this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by 190theclown: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Marvel are simply irresistible but the really messed up spider man 3

For DC batman 3 was bullshee

Cant stop watching man of steel doe

For avenger's 2 - Quicksilver and scarlet witch are defo in it they were shown at the end
of Captain america 2 post credit scene's
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: ummmm power puff girls undecided jj, xmen is my marvel comic fave and I like mystique best grin
Mystique shocked
That Nake.d biitch assasin?
She's a bad influence for you, grin

Why don't you go for black widow?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by mstik(f): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
naa mystique is dark. i like dat
Guykhena:
Mystique shocked
That Nake.d biitch assasin?
She's a bad influence for you, grin

Why don't you go for black widow?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
190theclown: Marvel are simply irresistible but the really messed up spider man 3

For DC batman 3 was bullshee

Cant stop watching man of steel doe

For avenger's 2 - Quicksilver and scarlet witch are defo in it they were shown at the end
of Captain america 2 post credit scene's
I think what really messed up Spiderman 3 was Sam Raimi bringing in too many villains and telling each origin story,
The audience just got bored.
Spiderman 2 remains the best..

For The Avengers 2,am definitely looking forward in seeing Quicksilver in action cheesy,atleast we get to showcase our own Speedster,which might edge DC Flash smiley
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
irukandji89: Is there anyone here who thinks ironman 3 was crap?

like, why did they pansy-out mandarin's xter?

i mean, mandarin was badass in the comics, not a British speaking, epl watching, wimpy has-been actor.

no power from his power rings?? Comon!!!!

i get get they wanted to attract more audience than the geeks at comicCon, but the deviation from the comics by marvel is excessive
bro,if they were to follow everything in the comic to the letter,most of this films would be a box office flop. How do you explain 15 issues of comic book story in 2hrs of screen time. Wouldn't it have being childish to give the x-men their original costumes from the comic?. Imagine wolverine battling magneto in a yellow spandex?. It's best that somethings should be left in the comics biko
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
mstik: naa mystique is dark. i like dat
I can see the trait in you angry
You know she's like the most hated in the. Xmen universe, but kudos to X-Men first class and X-Men:Days Of Future Past movies,which made the character seem hero like undecided

What about your favourite Male character?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:
I think what really messed up Spiderman 3 was Sam Raimi bringing in too many villains and telling each origin story,

For The Avengers 2,am definitely looking forward in seeing Quicksilver in action cheesy,atleast we get to showcase our own Speedster,which might edge DC Flash smiley

yea might edge DC's Flash in the movies but comics nope ..
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
easyelliot: Iron man 3 was bad, but thanks to RDJ and his charisma ppl were seduced into believing it was good.

His sense of humour was flawless smiley,it made the movie more entertaining.

easyelliot:
Man of steel started well then CGI kidnapped the movie.
Kudos to whomever started this thread
The CGI made the movie seem like a joke(the effects was too poor), the destructions,explosions was damn too much..
The only thing I loved about Man Of Steel was its origin story....

And you're welcome smiley

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Swiftboy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

Man, I'm really hoping you don't go out and say this in public, for the sake of your jaw. Like really, whaaat?

Are you talking about Marvel? With critically acclaimed films like The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Thor and X-Men to its name?

You even dare try to run it down with its immense contribution to the comic-celluloid crossover?

Are you going to compare Marvel to DC, with only its two heroes, Batman and Superman, making any semblance of success at the cinemas? Haven't their other crossovers ended up as devastating failures?
Do you want me to mention that cinematic abortion known as Catwoman?
When they made Green Lantern in 2010 with a 230 million dollar budget, didn't that turn out a festering stinker? Since then, have they had the balls to try introducing any of their other heroes to the big screen? No!
Why? Because they know deep in their hearts their characters just can't work on the big screen, since there isn't a shred of logic in any of them. For that reason, they've stuck to their usual fare - Batman and Superman. That's all they've freakin' got.

Let's see the heroes Marvel and DC have brought to live action and then judge for yourself:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Blade, Cyclops, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Hulk, Storm, Jean, The Thing, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc

DC: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman... 2 of which were major embarrassments.

You want me to mention Joel Schumacer's Batman and Robin? Rated the worst superhero movie of all time, with gay-looking nippples on their suits, gay statues of naked men as props, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in his gayest role to date?

Or should I go into their checkered superhero gallery which contains losers like Aquaman - a 'superhero' whose 'super power' is... wait for it... The ability to talk to FISH!

Duuuuude, are you kidding me?

Marvel rules!
#TeamStark cool
lol Mynd_44 he just finished your DC comic. grin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jaymaestro: yea might edge DC's Flash in the movies but comics nope ..
In the comis Quicksilver still got the upper hand.

Countless abilities quicksilver possesses,Flash lacks.
Quicksilver can make clone's of himself(by using time travel), and he has the ability to pass through walls by disintegrating himself(super speed),,
In the comics he is way cooler than flash
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:
In the comis Quicksilver still got the upper hand.

Countless abilities quicksilver possesses,Flash lacks.
Quicksilver can make clone's of himself(by using time travel), and he has the ability to pass through walls by disintegrating himself(super speed),,
In the comics he is way cooler than flash
No. I dislike DC characters cause they are massively overpowered . Flash abilities are faster than light - time travelling _ solid phasing too .
He has those and more .

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by 190theclown: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:

Do u know that the quicksilver in xmen days of future past and that of avengers 2 ARE different
try watching the post credit scenes from Captain merica 2 You'd see the next villian on a horse who would
be the next villian in cap america 3 then there's a future glimpse of quicksilver and scarlet both locked up in a cell

for amazing spiderman 2 i'd say it was over hyped, same with iron man 3 undecided
there's a video online where hulk was also seen battling the hugh Iron man 3 weapon seen busting through a bulding
as it stands, I read somewhere after avengers 2 Hulk would be sent away from earth due to his threat and that could
later lead to the planet hulk movie but then its been rubbished and there's a rumor that guardians of the galaxy would
be teaming up with hulk to battle thanos who would visit earth for avengers 3 cheesy
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by wyndy(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Am really looking 4ward to flash the tv series. I think ultron was a product of both starks n pym (antman). I love dc but marvel rules. Look at their vast set of term ups n crossovers. Dc rules but i think dey come second just some steps behind marvel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ? / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.