Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. (4103 Views)

Stella Oduah In N18bn Aviation Scam - Orderpaper.ng / Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today / Stella Oduah In Israel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by adegeorge(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Twenty-four hours after her claim to have acquired a Masters degree from the St. Paul’s University in the United States was punctured, PREMIUM TIMES has uncovered another false claim by our embattled Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah.

This time, the minister lied on oath to the Nigerian Senate, claiming another American ‘university’, Pacific Christian University awarded her an honorary doctorate degree in 1998.

Mrs. Oduah made the claim in a 7-page resume she distributed to Nigeria’s 109 senators during her confirmation hearing on July 2, 2011.

On page four of the document, the minister claimed the university, which she said was based in Glendale, awarded her an honorary doctorate in Business Administration.

It was based on this document that she was grilled and eventually confirmed by the lawmakers.

But investigations by PREMIUM TIMES suggest that no university called Pacific Christian University exists in the United States.

The U.S. Department of Education, through its National Centre for Education Statistics, keeps an up-to-date database of all public libraries and educational institutions in the country – public, private and colleges.

PREMIUM TIMES reporters spent hours on Wednesday searching this database.

Our reporters searched by state (California), city (Glendale) and name of institution (Pacific Christian University). Yet, nothing came up in the name of the university Mrs. Oduah claimed gave her an honorary doctorate.

According to the database, there are six colleges (universities) in Glendale, a city of 191,719 inhabitants in Los Angeles County, in the state of California.

The colleges are American Medical Sciences Centre, Brand College, Glendale Career College, Glendale Community and North-West College.

There is no such university known as Christian Pacific College as claimed by the minister.

The spokesperson for the National Centre for Educational Statistics, Susan Ad, could however not be reached for comments.

She is yet to return calls and reply an email sent to her by this newspaper.

The spokespersons for the minister appear unwilling to comment for this story.

Efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to get them to react to this new revelation were unsuccessful.

Joe Obi, her special assistant on media, did not answer or return calls.

Yakubu Datti, the spokesperson of the aviation agencies, who usually speak for her, answered our call but immediately said he would call back. He is yet to do so as at the time of publishing this.

Meanwhile, in the same resume she submitted to the Senate, Mrs. Oduah did not indicate that she got a Masters from St. Paul, raising questions on why she made that claim in her official citations and profiles posted on the Ministry of Aviation website, her personal website and her Wikipedia page.

She only claimed in the document to the Senate that she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Paul’s College in 1982, a claim that PREMIUM TIMES is investigating.

The spokesperson for the Nigerian senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe, tried Tuesday to extricate the senate from blame as Nigerians criticize the lawmakers for conducting a sham screening exercise that allowed Mrs. Oduah to get away with lies and deceits.

Mr. Abaribe said the lawmakers depend largely on the nation’s security agencies to help them investigate claims by appointees of the president.

He said in conducting screening exercises, the senate relies largely on reports forwarded to it by the security agencies.

Mrs. Oduah, and her associates have spent the last several hours scrambling to clean up the minister’s biographies on the Internet, following allegations that she lied about her academic qualifications.

Already, Mrs. Oduah’s biography on the website of the Ministry of Aviation has been revised, with references to St. Paul’s College now wiped out.

The Wikipedia page of the minister was also edited and it now has no reference to the university Mrs. Oduah attended. The last edit on the Wikipedia page was done at 14:41 p.m. Nigerian time Tuesday.

All links and reference materials on the Wikipedia page capable of linking the minister to the university that has disowned her have also been deleted.

Even the minister’s personal website has been reviewed to remove any reference to St. Paul’s College.

Mrs. Oduah had since October been enmeshed in a a N255million armoured cars scandal in which she was accused of compelling an agency under her supervision, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, to buy her two exotic bullet cars at clearly inflated prices.

The purchase of the cars generated outrage for weeks because its cost was inflated, and it was neither listed in the government-approved budget nor did it comply with the Nigeria’s public procurement law.

The House of Representatives has since asked President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the minister but the president has failed to act.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152958-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-in-fresh-fake-doctorate-degree-scandal.html

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by prov1029(m): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Another one. Oh boy
But if it were a common citizen they would be sacked before allegations are investigated. But for politicians it is a different way of operations.

So i am FTC wow
This is really my year of great things
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
The minister is currently in Brazil. Relaxing!

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/1585663/breaking-stella-oduahs-shocking-first

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by blacksta(m): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Na wa oooo

I hope this woman is not contemplating suicide - Nigeria wahala too much abeg
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by jjcbuthot: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kairoseki77: The minister is currently in Brazil. Relaxing!

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/1585663/breaking-stella-oduahs-shocking-first

I thought she is still in Israel...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by prov1029(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kairoseki77: The minister is currently in Brazil. Relaxing!

This is what i am saying. How does her trip relate to presenting bogus certificates
so if an armed robber steals and can stay far away from the scene of the crime then he is innocent after all he was not caught at the scene of the crime even though investigations by police leads to him being a suspect.

Nigeria you have still not seen the fire

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by ckkris: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
jjcbuthot:

Just IGNORE Fani Kayode and his Team nuisance.
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
blacksta: Na wa oooo

She is contemplating getting another Pina Colada from the hotel bar, or maybe laying out at the pool. grin
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by mrofficial(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
This slot is not for sale!
Beware of my son (Seun)

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
jjcbuthot:

She was Israel when the bullet proof car scandal broke. That was some weeks ago. She has long since returned to Nigeria. Some time in the past week, she travelled to Brazil, where she was as of Sunday. Shikena? Its all on her Facebook page.

The honorable minister is racking up those frequent flier miles. I wonder if she flies private? The Ministry of Aviation must own some jets.
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by winniz: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
APC you can fool yourselves all you want, keep lying all the lies you touts use the media to propagate against Stella will consume you all.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Demdem(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2014

She is fast becoming a serial liar.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
winniz: APC you can fool yourselves all you want, keep lying all the lies you touts use the media to propagate against Stella will consume you all.

I thought Igbos didnt support Stella?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by omenka(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Let her keep having fun and enjoying the cold in Brazil. I hope they instal an AC and a bar in her cell when she finally hits the slammer. This lady is a celebrated 419er! I wont be suprised if The Clueless One decides to pay a state visit to Dilma Rousseff tomao!

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by khamas19: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
...haaa!!!!

..... this woman no get any decency at all

this is jonathan's legacy..this is the state of the nation

smdh

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Why make an issue of an honorary doctorate when the real problem is the one highlighted below?

Her educational development began in Anambra state where she had her primary and secondary education at St. John’s Primary School Odoakpu and Zixton Secondary School Ozubulu before proceeding to St. Paul’s College Lawrenceville from 1978-1982, where she bagged her first Degree in Accounting. On completion of her first degree, she was not lured into taking up paid employment but was determined to have the best education and at the highest level, so she immediately stayed back to study for her Masters Degree which she achieved in 1983

Studied for a Masters Degree, US -- 1982/1983
Worked for NECA, Nigeria -- 1982/1983

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by koboko69: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
adegeorge: Twenty-four hours after her claim to have acquired a Masters degree from the St. Paul’s University in the United States was punctured, PREMIUM TIMES has uncovered another false claim by our embattled Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah.

Meanwhile, in the same resume she submitted to the Senate, Mrs. Oduah did not indicate that she got a Masters from St. Paul, raising questions on why she made that claim in her official citations and profiles posted on the Ministry of Aviation website, her personal website and her Wikipedia page.

She only claimed in the document to the Senate that she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Paul’s College in 1982, a claim that PREMIUM TIMES is investigating.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152958-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-in-fresh-fake-doctorate-degree-scandal.html

I thought Premium Times and Sahara Reporters initially claimed she wrote in the resume she submitted to the senate that she bagged a Master's Degree from St Paul's. With the statement above, they are now retracting their earlier claim.

With the above flip-flop from Premium Times, one can deduce that these accidental journalists are hell-bent on seeing Stella Oduah out of the Aviation Ministry.

Who has Stella offended? Who wants her dead? Who are the people behind this Stella-must-go campaign. This is getting really annoying. If they have her full resume, let them post it for all to see. Bunch of e-diatsss!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Polio: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
winniz: APC you can fool yourselves all you want, keep lying all the lies you touts use the media to propagate against Stella will consume you all.

Haha... You are a fu..cking pleb!

People like you and Odiah are not needed in that Country called Nigeria, if it is to progress.

They are lying against Stella abi? Ok ask her to come out and put to the bed, the allegations against her, with solid evidences!

If she wont and you have not got anything to prove otherwise then STFU!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Polio: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
eGuerrilla: Why make an issue of an honorary doctorate when the real problem is the one highlighted below?

Massive problem.. But one cant ignore the catalogue of other problems too you know, either way you look at it, Oduah is doomed!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Bigjay2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
blacksta: Na wa oooo

see naija mentality Nigeria wahala too much because the truth is revealed of a person who lied to the whole bationa to get a national appointment

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Sloan: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
eGuerrilla: Why make an issue of an honorary doctorate when the real problem is the one highlighted below?

Did no one see the Ph. D claim on that same resume?? shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Polio:

Massive problem.. But one cant ignore the catalogue of other problems too you know, either way you look at it, Oduah is doomed!

I hear you.

By the way, Pacific Christian University is now known as Hope International University

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sloan:

Did no one see the Ph. D claim on that same resume?? shocked shocked grin grin

What you highlighted there is a Nigerian syndrome that I will situate on the Alhaji-JP axis.
I have never really understood our penchant for these superfluous titles.
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
eGuerrilla:
What you highlighted there is a Nigerian syndrome that I will situate on the Alhaji-JP axis

Good one!

The reporters just need to come to Nairaland from now on.
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Calling Hope now...
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Kairoseki77: 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Called Hope Intenational and spoke to the registrar. Someone named Megan checked the school's records and determined that Stella Oduah never recieved ANYTHING from them. I asked them to double check and they transfered me to a department head, who confirmed it.

I asked specifically about an honorary degree.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Eziachi: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nigerian politics of tribalism has made it impossible to fight bad things, because you don't know who telling the truth or lying anymore. This lady had been a minister for as long as I can say Jonathan's name, but all these story somehow remain hidden until now. Why?
Her crime now seems to be that she dare transformed Akanu Ibiam airfield Enugu into an international airport. I may be wrong, but her problems seems to started with the upgrade of this airport.
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Eziachi: Nigerian politics of tribalism has made it impossible to fight bad things, because you don't know who telling the truth or lying anymore. This lady had been a minister for as long as I can say Jonathan's name, but all these story somehow remain hidden until now. Why?
Her crime now seems to be that she dare transformed Akanu Ibiam airfield Enugu into an international airport. I may be wrong, but her problems seems to started with the upgrade of this airport.
She is also building 5 brand new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, PH and Enugu. She says they'll be ready in 16 months (work started last year).
Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Demdem(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Eziachi: Nigerian politics of tribalism has made it impossible to fight bad things, because you don't know who telling the truth or lying anymore. This lady had been a minister for as long as I can say Jonathan's name, but all these story somehow remain hidden until now. Why?

Of cos u are wrong. U are much more intelligent than this.
Why should upgrade of an airport be an offence to some.
Everyday is for the thief but just the day of justice will surely catch up.
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump, now that her masters degree is questionable every media house is now investigating everything about her including if she trully gave birth to her children. Every thing she ever says, claim, acheived etc is now under radar. That's the way it works.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by Omen100(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
it seens that the bmw car scandal is a child's plays compared to what we are dealing with today.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal. by baby124: 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
She is also building 5 brand new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, PH and Enugu. She says they'll be ready in 16 months (work started last year).

LOL, you are funny. Same MMIA? Your audience must live in the jungle, naked. And using clicking sounds to communicate. MMIA - international can make one commit suicide out of frustration for the state of the country. Please stop lying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jewish Woman Declares Support For Biafra (photos) / Video: See What IPOB Members Did After Soldiers Forced Them To Drink Mud Water / Kwankwaso Losses Ward To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.