Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) (19373 Views)

To All Gurus, How Does Buying 2go Gocredit With Sms Works / How 2 Change Ur 2go Star Progress 2 Ultimate Wit Jst N5 Sms / 2go On Pc (how To Install) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Project400: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
We are learning
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by hilaryiwens05: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
I haven't paid anytin on whatsapp and for 2go I know dats where dey earn...but apart from 2go credits, where else?
pendusky: hav u not been buying 2go credit? for whatsapp, people renew their sub, so if u hav been using it for more than a yr, i think ure cheating on them
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by lawrenceunaa: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well said , most apps make their money via adverts and also by gaining traffic(ask seun)
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Phamoxy(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Caracta:

Keep deceiving yourself. I laugh!
How am I deceiving myself, white people dnt carry our mentality uno.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by hilaryiwens05: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
I don ask am tire....dis is 1question *he can't answer
DISTINCTIONIST: ASK GOOGLE
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by hilaryiwens05: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Apart from dat wat else....I haven't paid for whatsapp since I started using it ooooo
Victoriousvic: 2go >> Purchase of gocredits, adverts.

Whatsapp >> Annual membership subscription of $1.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
hilaryiwens05: Apart from dat wat else....I haven't paid for whatsapp since I started using it ooooo
That's all I know oh. I haven't paid for whatsapp either, I heard it's after a year of usage.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lol.. People are funny. What'sapp started recently and it sure has grabbed a lot of attention. A classic disruptive idea as I will put it. How do they make money!! Simple, when it all started, it was free, which you and I downloaded, and we all know it started in 2009, so everyone who used in 2009, two years later, they have to pay 99 cents, another 3 years later, you pay $1.99, they do not need advertising neither do they need to advertise their market. They depend on public mouth. The site itself is built just with $10, they don't depend on heavy budget. Judging from the users of the app, over 100 million subscribers has been using since it started, now imagine how much they would have made, or are still making. The problem is people are wanting to purchase the app from it's owners making it difficult for instant messaging to be free. Well, only if it's bought. You don't need to advertise to make cash, as long as your idea is good, public mouth will make you rich only by the number of people viewing or downloading such app. Hope I have been able to help. Check the Nasdaq charts and see how their peak period has been, and you will understand what I am saying.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by AhWetin(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
dadaic: Lol.. People are funny. What'sapp started recently and it sure has grabbed a lot of attention. A classic disruptive idea as I will put it. How do they make money!! Simple, when it all started, it was free, which you and I downloaded, and we all know it started in 2009, so everyone who used in 2009, two years later, they have to pay 99 cents, another 3 years later, you pay $1.99, they do not need advertising neither do they need to advertise their market. They depend on public mouth. The site itself is built just with $10, they don't depend on heavy budget. Judging from the users of the app, over 100 million subscribers has been using since it started, now imagine how much they would have made, or are still making. The problem is people are wanting to purchase the app from it's owners making it difficult for instant messaging to be free. Well, only if it's bought. You don't need to advertise to make cash, as long as your idea is good, public mouth will make you rich only by the number of people viewing or downloading such app. Hope I have been able to help. Check the Nasdaq charts and see how their peak period has been, and you will understand what I am saying.
bros! $10 ke?!! haba, oya show proof

public mouth will "NOT" make you rich any money if your app is FREE and has no adverts on it!

SayITnw: There are many ways they will be earning money:
1. If the apps is networkcentric, then the network provider and the apps owner would have defined benefits within a contract. Which could mean while the apps is free, you will incur cost on data use for download and continuous usage of the application, the apps owner will be getting an agreed share of that, in some cases it could be a one of payment....Even if the apps is not free...a sharing formular would have been agreed.
2. No of positive hits could be another. Apps on playstore for example don't just get in there, play store team will have reached an agreement with the apps developer.
Almost made sense, but then none of the apps quoted do this. And FYI, apps "just get to playstore". Design one today and you can have it in by next tomorrow. It's an open platform

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by wonlasewonimi: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
The 2 guys that set up whatsapp hate ads. They were former employees of yahoo! and were there for 20 years creating ideas for ads. They have approx. 250m users multiply that by .99p and they have just about 30 staff working from Russia.

They stand to make money if they sell out to Google or Facebook but those guys just enjoy what they do.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
allisonluvsu: Whatsapp houses close to three hundred million users worldwide. A certain amount of money is normally deducted from your account when you register on whatsapp. Whatsapp makes millions of dollars from the google playstore. Of recent, whatsapp racked up $355,000 from Apple’s App Store — and just $41,000 from Google Play.WhatsApp also made $290,000 in Germany from Google Play and just $207,000 from the app store. The income generated from the sales of there app from the itune store alone is simply very large.So you see, whatsapp makes lots of money on daily basis.

For 2go
2go makes alot of money from gocredits and of recent, 2go has introduced adverts into their app. Go to the 2go rooms and you will see some of these3 adverts. Those guys make millions from these adverts. It is just that we are not too careful to observe this.

I hope i have answered your question grin
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by ITbomb(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Normally what they do is to get a venture capitalist to finance the app for up to 3-5 years. In the first few years what they are focus on is to make more people aware and use it, then as people start depending on it, they introduce adverts, finally they will offer premium services for a fee.

However here in Nigeria, app developers start from day one to imagine how 500 people will buy their 'unknown' products. tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by hilaryiwens05: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
True talk....making sense!b!
ITbomb:

However here in Nigeria, app developers start from day one to imagine how 500 people will buy their 'unknown' products. tongue
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by moonraker(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
dadaic: Lol.. People are funny. What'sapp started recently and it sure has grabbed a lot of attention. A classic disruptive idea as I will put it. How do they make money!! Simple, when it all started, it was free, which you and I downloaded, and we all know it started in 2009, so everyone who used in 2009, two years later, they have to pay 99 cents, another 3 years later, you pay $1.99, they do not need advertising neither do they need to advertise their market. They depend on public mouth. The site itself is built just with $10, they don't depend on heavy budget. Judging from the users of the app, over 100 million subscribers has been using since it started, now imagine how much they would have made, or are still making. The problem is people are wanting to purchase the app from it's owners making it difficult for instant messaging to be free. Well, only if it's bought. You don't need to advertise to make cash, as long as your idea is good, public mouth will make you rich only by the number of people viewing or downloading such app. Hope I have been able to help. Check the Nasdaq charts and see how their peak period has been, and you will understand what I am saying.

Wrong. When whatsapp came the the App Store, it was a paid app. Fast forward to now. It is free for those people who paid for the application.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by charlsecy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
How come I have never paid the $0.99 fee for WhatsApp in any year? Do they really enforce the payment? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
lawrenceunaa: Well said , most apps make their money via adverts and also by gaining traffic(ask seun)
seun no dey app now!!! Abi
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
lawrenceunaa: Well said , most apps make their money via adverts and also by gaining traffic(ask seun)
ask who? Traffic for app?...I beg don't bobo us
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by AhWetin(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
ITbomb: Normally what they do is to get a venture capitalist to finance the app for up to 3-5 years. In the first few years what they are focus on is to make more people aware and use it, then as people start depending on it, they introduce adverts, finally they will offer premium services for a fee.

Thank you!
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Whatsapp has over 100 million subscribers and there is a yearly $0.99 charge.

As of November 10, 2013, WhatsApp has over 190 million monthly active users,

do the math!
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by joaquin64(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
The folks selling WhatsApp make money through the tried-and-true method of sales. Currently, they sell their application for $0.99 in the US (61p here in the UK). The company's value is believed to be in excess of $1billion, likely around $2-4billion based on 300million current users and expected growth.

For all phone kinds, WhatsApp is free to download and try for the first year. After, you have the choice of extending your subscription for $0.99 USD per year. Subscriptions are increasing, so if you pay for an additional year of service, it will add to your current subscription or free year-long trial. There is no difference between the paid and free versions of WhatsApp other than the length of service.

WhatsApp is available for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia S40, Symbian, and Windows Phone.

If you're wondering why they charge instead of offering the WhatsApp for free as an ad-supported app, they explain it like this:

Their 2 programmers worked at Yahoo! for a combined 20 years, and saw the wasted time spent tuning back-end software to serve ads; time that could be better used improving the application itself. As well, they wanted to offer the best user experience that they could, and not ruin the aesthetics of their software with ads, thus they chose the paid approach instead. You can read their entire blog post on their reasoning here.

I did not write this, I got it from http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/how-does-whatsapp-make-its-money-and-how-much-has-it-made-and-how-much-is-it-worth/16655509

Next time just ask Google and leave opportunity for more interesting topics to get space on Front Page. These una moderators sef!

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by paulmarkino: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
All of you guys make me laugh. Don't you know that each app has a recognised IP on each network worldwide. The networks sort the data counter out according to their IP @ a certain period of time and pay to the app owner their own benefits. Thats why some networks will tell you to buy 1 month unlimited whatsapp @ N100 and N300 for unlimited BBM/month etc. Thats why the network providers try as much as possible to stop free browsing cheats that can run those apps thru their network. Using cheat through a network will imply that the network will pay the bill to the app owner from their pocket since they didn't catch the real users to bill them for those data services they made use of. Let me stop here for now. For more info on this, contact me
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
allisonluvsu: Whatsapp houses close to three hundred million users worldwide. A certain amount of money is normally deducted from your account when you register on whatsapp. Whatsapp makes millions of dollars from the google playstore. Of recent, whatsapp racked up $355,000 from Apple’s App Store — and just $41,000 from Google Play.WhatsApp also made $290,000 in Germany from Google Play and just $207,000 from the app store. The income generated from the sales of there app from the itune store alone is simply very large.So you see, whatsapp makes lots of money on daily basis.

For 2go
2go makes alot of money from gocredits and of recent, 2go has introduced adverts into their app. Go to the 2go rooms and you will see some of these3 adverts. Those guys make millions from these adverts. It is just that we are not too careful to observe this.

I hope i have answered your question grin
This guy answered your question! In most developed countries, whatsapp application isn't free to download, you pay an annual subscription.

I learnt 2go charge its users money to chat and communicate with users of 2go...so how else do you expect them to make money considering the large population of people using their applications? You think advert generates the highest income Nope....Go ask...wikileaks how it makes its money.

It makes its money via public donation...most foreign websites in the past made lots of cash via public donation until the idea of online advert came to being....

In conclusion, create a solution, no matter how it is...so long as it solves a global or say, a major problem for people, the money will surely come in due time, interesting topic though smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by spikesC(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
paulmarkino: All of you guys make me laugh. Don't you know that each app has a recognised IP on each network worldwide. The networks sort the data counter out according to their IP @ a certain period of time and pay to the app owner their own benefits. Thats why some networks will tell you to buy 1 month unlimited whatsapp @ N100 and N300 for unlimited BBM/month etc. Thats why the network providers try as much as possible to stop free browsing cheats that can run those apps thru their network. Using cheat through a network will imply that the network will pay the bill to the app owner from their pocket since they didn't catch the real users to bill them for those data services they made use of. Let me stop here for now. For more info on this, contact me

[size=18pt]Jesus[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

The highest level of ignorance i've ever seen in my life embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by alotofgrace(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
whatsapp team dosnt do ads....
u pay like $1 after 1 yr of oshofree grin
i was suprised wen my subscripton was renewed for free last year!

1 Like

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by hilaryiwens05: 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gbamm!!!!! Mee too, I haven't paid a dim since I start using it
alotofgrace: whatsapp team dosnt do ads....
u pay like $1 after 1 yr of oshofree grin
i was suprised wen my subscripton was renewed for free last year!
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by Tekkyboy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=

In conclusion, create a solution, no matter how it is...so long as it solves a global or say, a major problem for people, the money will surely come in due time, interesting topic though smiley[/quote] EQUATION BALANCED.
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by GentleFrank(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by wonlasewonimi: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
paulmarkino: All of you guys make me laugh. Don't you know that each app has a recognised IP on each network worldwide. The networks sort the data counter out according to their IP @ a certain period of time and pay to the app owner their own benefits. Thats why some networks will tell you to buy 1 month unlimited whatsapp @ N100 and N300 for unlimited BBM/month etc. Thats why the network providers try as much as possible to stop free browsing cheats that can run those apps thru their network. Using cheat through a network will imply that the network will pay the bill to the app owner from their pocket since they didn't catch the real users to bill them for those data services they made use of. Let me stop here for now. For more info on this, contact me

ROTFLMAO... more like you make us laugh!

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by PRINCEHPXP(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
hmm...wat i tink is dat wen u browse or use all dis app shey yur network provider dedute yur mb abi...dat mb dey are deduting a particular pay goes to d app system wich wil be later transfer to cash....

2 Likes

Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by tiwa32: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
SayITnw: There are many ways they will be earning money:
1. If the apps is networkcentric, then the network provider and the apps owner would have defined benefits within a contract. Which could mean while the apps is free, you will incur cost on data use for download and continuous usage of the application, the apps owner will be getting an agreed share of that, in some cases it could be a one of payment....Even if the apps is not free...a sharing formular would have been agreed.
2. No of positive hits could be another. Apps on playstore for example don't just get in there, play store team will have reached an agreement with the apps developer.
bro i like ur answer sir. I respect u so much. Plz enlight me more on ur answer. Hw it work ? Hw it goes ?
Re: How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) by edi287: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
ashhascash: *First to comment sha
Wishing mikel goodluck tonite
ifa.com
sango.com
Thank me letagringringrin
Clown...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / How To Setup And Start A Blog / Is Learning Web Design A Waste Of My Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.