Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) (2285 Views)

Who Doctored 2016 Budget, Mafia Or Rats? / Doctored Budget: This Matter Is ‘sensitive’, Ita Enang Responds To Senate / APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has raised the alarm over an alleged doctored video of her last appearance before the House of Representatives Committee on Finance.

A statement by her media aide, Mr Paul Nwabuikwu said the video, which had been uploaded by an online medium was substantially different from the one which was independently captured and broadcast by a popular private television, which many Nigerians have seen.

According to the statement, the video uploaded by the online medium was edited to leave out important aspects with the clear intention to make the minister look like the aggressor during the appearance.

Describing this portrayal as false, the statement pointed out that many aspects of the encounter, which captured the provocation of the Chair of the Committee were edited out to give a wrong impression.
By Ndubuzor Francis of Thisday Newspaper (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-raises-alarm-over-alleged-doctored-video/168338/)

This is the video in question (from Premium Times) courtesy of Sahara Reporters:
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsBLtIbcnA[/flash]

[edit] For reference, this is Channels TV version of the Video (supposedly un-doctored):
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3QAvoRyR8[/flash]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsBLtIbcnA[/flash][/quote]
This woman is becoming aggressive o. See as Gov't things is destroying a former respected lady
undecided undecided undecided embarassed

Spaced booked sha
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by naijaking1: 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
The anti - GEJ axis of evil is not playing fair as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by luvinhubby(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
zero-day:
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsBLtIbcnA[/flash]
This woman is becoming aggressive o. See as Gov't things is destroying a former respected lady
undecided undecided undecided embarassed

Spaced booked sha
Ride on my dear sister, NOI, majority of Nigerians appreciate the good work you are doing.

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
naijaking1: The anti - GEJ axis of evil is not playing fair as usual.

What is antigej in this one. Can't u see d video fr yourself? I tire for una.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
No surprises. APC and their allies in the media have proved over and over again that they'r incurable liars and shameless propagandists. They represent everything that is EVIL.

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
naijaking1: The anti - GEJ axis of evil is not playing fair as usual.

Sincere 9gerian: No surprises. APC and their allies in the media have proved over and over again that they'r incurable liars and shameless propagandists. They represent everything that is EVIL.

Abdulmumin Jubrin (Kano,Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency, Chairman House Committee on Finance) who was questioning her is a PDP House of Rep. member. He is in the same party with NOI.
Avoid unnecessary name calling without doing some basic research. Her aide making the allegation could have done better by releasing a more complete footage if this video is indeed doctored.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: No surprises. APC and their allies in the media have proved over and over again that they'r incurable liars and shameless propagandists. They represent everything that is EVIL.

Sebi everything na APC ni?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by najoke: 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
^
Fishbrain, why r u always quick to display ur stupidity in public.....WHY

LRNZH:
Abdulmumin Jubrin (Kano,Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency, Chairman House Committee on Finance) who was questioning her is a PDP House of Rep. member. He is in the same party with NOI.
Avoid unnecessary name calling without doing some basic research. Her aide making the allegation could have done better by releasing a more complete footage if this video is indeed doctored.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by psucc(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Before we throw bombs and grenades in this forum, I think our nation is being gradually dragged into the troubled waters.
The independent TV that covered the event should upload the video uncensored. Let's know the truth. Even our NASS is not helping the common man. Their ego had over-ride national interest.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by naijaking1: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

You know Kwankwaso, Amechi. Tambuwal and other never do good s are also in PDP
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Kairoseki77: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
How can you say "I'm here out of respect"?

She was there to do her JOB, which is to present the federal budget to the House for review. Very arrogant.

She was pretending to be sick to get sympathy from the media if the reps started asking tough questions. The reps outsmarted her by asking her to come back when she was feeling better. This ruined her plan, so she got aggressive and started shaking like Asari Dokubo.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Kairoseki77: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
luvinhubby:
Ride on my dear sister, NOI, majority of Nigerians appreciate the good work you are doing.

Sincere9gerian is coming with his 100 profiles to "like" this post.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
naijaking1:

You know Kwankwaso, Amechi. Tambuwal and other never do good s are also in PDP

At least Abdulmumin Jubrin has not ported like the others. He is still PDP.
The last time I checked Kwankwaso and Amaechi are now members of APC and not PDP.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Kairoseki77: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2014

Didn't you just write a post telling Oduah to ignore Nigerians and stating that you support her at all costs?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian is big maga fool that is supporting Stealer Oduah because she is Ibo.
Is the Ibo way of life?

Kairoseki77:

Didn't you just write a post telling Oduah to ignore Nigerians and stating that you support her at all costs?

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Sloan: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
FAT PIG woman! grin grin grin She was only acting up, pretending to be sick so as to get off easily but the committee chair again showed superior intelligence, tact and in fact took the initiative by immediately giving her the option that threw her off her script. Did you notice how her previously closing eyes opened wide and she was mouthing off violently (for a sick woman 1 minute ago) as soon as she knew she was exposed.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sloan: FAT PIG woman! grin grin grin She was only acting up, pretending to be sick so as to get off easily but the committee chair again showed superior intelligence, tact and in fact took the initiative by immediately giving her the option that threw her off her script. Did you notice how her previously closing eyes opened wide and she was mouthing off violently (for a sick woman 1 minute ago) as soon as she knew she was exposed.

After she ate one whole bottle of groundnut she became sick all of a sudden but the Reps really outsmart her.
Groundnut sense.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
When you claim, UNDER OATH, to a Federal body that you are ill, under duress, medicated etc but are still willing to answer their questions, then you are only trying to be stu*pidly smart--- thats what I see from her actions. Whether the tape was doctored or not is not the issue. She claimed she was ill--- which would mean she was under duress and/or medicated. How could she very well then insist on continuing what was bound to be a grueling session? I think the Committee head was more than gracious in allowing her leave, present written answers, and appear at a later time. She was also aggressive (the video could very well have been doctored to make her look so), but thats neither here nor there.

No Government Official worth his salt, would accept "on-the-record", a statement from someone who claims to not be in the right state of mind to answer the accusation being levied against them. The officials could've very well asked for "In-Camera" proceedings, but I guess they wanted to involve the public in their findings; and rightfully so.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was obviously playing to the gallery and was less than forthright in her behavior from what I can conclude.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by OmoTier1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Fake Doctor, how market now? Oduah certificate scandal Nnko cool

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by naijaking1: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sloan: FAT PIG woman! grin grin grin She was only acting up, pretending to be sick so as to get off easily but the committee chair again showed superior intelligence, tact and in fact took the initiative by immediately giving her the option that threw her off her script. Did you notice how her previously closing eyes opened wide and she was mouthing off violently (for a sick woman 1 minute ago) as soon as she knew she was exposed.

Oh how respectful.
At least she went to school, unlike your own women up there in Dan Fodio republic

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by taharqa: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Exposed by who exactly? Are you IJIOTS sick or what? Watch d Video by Channels TV and the manipulated one by SR, and tell me which one is 'fuller' and a truer reflection of what happened that day in d hearing.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by OmoTier1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
I thought I was the only one that noticed it! I was so ashamed and said to myself, this is the kind of lies you hear from school children in class 4 .. Auntie my belle is pain me..(faking face and holding stomach), so I can't fit answer the question... and after 12noon, you see the same child with FAN yoghurt ice cream wink
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: Exposed by who exactly? Are you IJIOTS sick or what? Watch d Video by Channels TV and the manipulated one by SR, and tell me which one is 'fuller' and a truer reflection of what happened that day in d hearing.

Would you be kind enough to provide a link to the 'non-doctored' Channels TV version of the video? I'm sure a lot of folks would love to see it.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by OmoTier1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: Exposed by who exactly? Are you IJIOTS sick or what? Watch d Video by Channels TV and the manipulated one by SR, and tell me which one is 'fuller' and a truer reflection of what happened that day in d hearing.
Stop your madness, this is 2014! In either video, you can clearly see OAP telling lies in a split second. If she was sick, why then did she not communicate to the house in time? Where is the doctor's report that confirm Her illness? Or is she exempted from the civil service rules and policy of sick leave procedure?

She lied and was caught red handed!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by ratiken(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
Think desperate politics, think APC.
They'll prove me right shortly.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by taharqa: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: When you claim, UNDER OATH, to a Federal body that you are ill, under duress, medicated etc but are still willing to answer their questions, then you are only trying to be stu*pidly smart--- thats what I see from her actions. Whether the tape was doctored or not is not the issue. She claimed she was ill--- which would mean she was under duress and/or medicated. How could she very well then insist on continuing what was bound to be a grueling session? I think the Committee head was more than gracious in allowing her leave, present written answers, and appear at a later time. She was also aggressive (the video could very well have been doctored to make her look so), but thats neither here nor there.

No Government Official worth his salt, would accept "on-the-record", a statement from someone who claims to not be in the right state of mind to answer the accusation being levied against them. The officials could've very well asked for "In-Camera" proceedings, but I guess they wanted to involve the public in their findings; and rightfully so.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was obviously playing to the gallery and was less than forthright in her behavior from what I can conclude.
Cud you SHUT yr mouth, Goon. Do you know how terribly contradictory you sound.... You cannot in yr right mind say that smone was aggressive after agreeing in same sentence that d video may have been manipulated to make her look so. That line of thinking is simply Stu.pid. For yr info, this is d Crust of d thread: did SR dishonestly manipulated d Video of that meeting to make an individual look bad and to pursue a political course. That is d Crust of dis discourse. An answer to that questn has a lot of implications, even beyond this particular case..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

Would you be kind enough to provide a link to the 'non-doctored' Channels TV version of the video? I'm sure a lot of folks would love to see it.
Thanks in advance.

Never mind I've found the Channels version of the video.
[flash=425,344]

She was not ministerial at all. She was begging and shouting at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by taharqa: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

Never mind I've found the Channels version of it.
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3QAvoRyR8

You now have both Videos. Did SR remove parts of d complete Vid to make it look like NOI was d Aggressor here or not? Did they present d very uncultured and rude way the Chair of d Committee talked to NOI or did they remove most of those parts? Did SR manipulate their own video to push an agenda and make an individual look bad....PS: this Channels FULL Vid was what elicited d angry reaction towards d Childish behaviour of d Chair by very many Nigerians including Dr Ezekwelize. I remember Dr Ezekwesili saying matter-of-factly, that d Chair of d Committee wud not qualify as Research Assistant to NOI in d real world but for politics...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Kairoseki77: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

Never mind I've found the Channels version of the video.
[flash=425,344]

The Premium Times video is 4:47 long, while the Channels video is only 3:33 long.

The Premium Times video likewise includes far more content and exchanges between the minister and the committee.

Both videos are there to see, but an objective viewing would conclude that the Channels video is more heavily edited.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Kairoseki77: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
It is impossible for an "un-doctored" video to be shorter than the "doctored" one.

The un-doctored video is supposed to be longer.

Conclusion: NOI is lying.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: You now have both Videos. Did SR remove parts of d complete Vid to make it look like NOI was d Aggressor here or not? Did they present d very uncultured and rude way the Chair of d Committee talked to NOI or did they remove most of those parts? Did SR manipulate their own video to push an agenda and make an individual look bad....PS: this Channels FULL Vid was what elicited d angry reaction towards d Childish behaviour of d Chair by very many Nigerians including Dr Ezekwelize. I remember saying matter-of-factly, that d Chair of d Committee wud not be able to be a Research Assistant to NOI in d real world but for politics...

IMHO, I cannot defend SR antecedents but I have this to say: Hon Minister NOI opened with the statement that she is ill and would need the support of her junior colleagues to give a comprehensive explanation on the state of the economy. The House Finance Committee Chairman empathised by allowing her to go back with 50 questions to be responded to in writing, after which she can show up in person to defend her answers whenever she is feeling well enough. He insistence led to the hot verbal exchanges.
He (Jubrin) has to show he is in control of proceedings otherwise everything would spiral out of control. Maybe someone else would be more sympathetic with her but I cannot fault him. Just my opinion.
Both videos ommitted different parts of the exchange. You have to watch both to get a clearer picture. By that standard, both are 'doctored' which is the price paid for video editing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC / How To Roast A Human Being Alive: The South African Example. / What A Nairalander Had To Pass Through Because Of Rochas Okorocha (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.