Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,031 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

Provoking Signs & Wonders I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Provoking Signs & Wonders I (2334 Views)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Open Heavens: “Provoking Signs & Wonders I”, Wednesday 8th January 2014 / Encounter The God Of Signs & Wonders With Bishop Francis Wale Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Provoking Signs & Wonders I by VLadipo: 12:20am On Jan 09, 2014
You must follow some spiritual principles if you want signs and wonders to become daily occurrences in your life. God is so generous to all that He has made it easy for all men to provoke His signs and wonders. Every record of signs and miracles in the Bible and in modern times can be traced to certain factors which were responsible for their occurrence. One of such factors is prayer. Prayers come in different forms. The prayer of the centurion is the model I want us to consider as a typical prayer that provokes signs and wonders. If there is an example of a prayer that was answered instantly with commendation, it is the prayer of the centurion. The prayer of this man made the wonder-working Saviour to marvel! This prayer manifests something I must draw your attention to: it was a prayer of humility. The man said: “I am not worthy”. When you listen to some people praying to God, you begin to wonder whether they are talking to their houseboy or maid. With every sense of arrogance, they begin to issue commands after listing the reasons for which they believe God must answer them! May your prayer-life receive a fresh sense of humility,, coupled with an assurance that will provoke signs and wonders in Jesus’ Name.

Another spiritual principle that provokes signs and wonders is the principle of praise and worship. When I see some people who think they are too good to worship the King of kings I begin to wonder what they think themselves to be. Do you know that even if God wanted to say no to your request and you worship Him, the ‘no’ can become ‘yes’? The syro-phenician woman in Matthew 15:21-28 came to Jesus and said: “Have mercy on me; my daughter is grievously vexed of the devil”. Jesus didn’t answer her a word. This woman persisted in asking, yet Jesus seemed not to pay attention to her. He even said He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. The Bible says the woman came and worshipped Him saying: “I know I don’t qualify for a miracle but look at me, I am on my knees”. At the end of the day, she got her miracle. So when you hear me eulogizing God with names such as: Rock of ages, Ancient of days, the Lion of the tribe of Judah etc, I know what I am doing. I am provoking signs and wonders. How many people get up in the morning and say: “Thank You Lord” on a daily basis? When you do so, you are provoking signs and wonders that will greet the day you are going into. As from today, learn how to use the weapons of prayer, praise and worship to provoke the needed signs and wonders in your life.

Memorise:
“Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”
John 11:40

Read:
Matthew 8:8-10

Bible in one year:
1 Corinthians 8:1-11:16
Psalm 9:11-20

Action point:
Before you begin to bombard God with your requests, thank Him, worship Him and praise Him for all His benefits you have received in the past.

Culled from Open Heavens daily devotional for January 8, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye.
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a favourite devotional.

(1) (Reply)

Image Of Head Of Biblical Goliath Being Exhumed Leaks On The Internet / Testimonies From The Lords Chosen Port-harcourt Crusade Today. / I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.