Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal (740 Views)

Stella Oduah In N18bn Aviation Scam - Orderpaper.ng / Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today / Stella Oduah In Israel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by EreluY(f): 5:07am On Jan 09, 2014
[size=18pt]Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah in fresh fake doctorate degree scandal[/size]

Musikilu Mojeed
Published: January 8,2014

Twenty-four hours after her claim to have acquired a Masters degree from the St. Paul’s College in the United States was punctured, PREMIUM TIMES has uncovered another false claim by our embattled Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah.

This time, the minister lied on oath to the Nigerian Senate, claiming another American ‘university’, Pacific Christian University awarded her an honorary doctorate degree in 1998. Mrs. Oduah made the claim in a 7-page resume she distributed to Nigeria’s 109 senators during her confirmation hearing on July 2, 2011. On page four of the document, the minister claimed the university, which she said was based in Glendale, awarded her an honorary doctorate in Business Administration.

Download the resume Minister Stella Oduah submitted to the senate here.http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2014/01/Princess-Stella-Oduah-CV-.pdf

It was based on this document that she was grilled and eventually confirmed by the lawmakers. But investigations by PREMIUM TIMES suggest that no university called Pacific Christian University exists in the United States. The U.S. Department of Education, through its National Centre for Education Statistics, keeps an up-to-date database of all public libraries and educational institutions in the country – public, private and colleges.

PREMIUM TIMES reporters spent hours on Wednesday searching this database. Our reporters searched by state (California), city (Glendale) and name of institution (Pacific Christian University). Yet, nothing came up in the name of the university Mrs. Oduah claimed gave her an honorary doctorate. According to the database, there are six colleges (universities) in Glendale, a city of 191,719 inhabitants in Los Angeles County, in the state of California. The colleges are American Medical Sciences Centre, Brand College, Glendale Career College, Glendale Community and North-West College. There is no such university known as Christian Pacific College as claimed by the minister. The spokesperson for the National Centre for Educational Statistics, Susan Ad, could however not be reached for comments. She is yet to return calls and reply an email sent to her by this newspaper. The spokespersons for the minister appear unwilling to comment for this story.

Efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to get them to react to this new revelation were unsuccessful. Joe Obi, her special assistant on media, did not answer or return calls. Yakubu Datti, the spokesperson of the aviation agencies, who usually speak for her, answered our call but immediately said he would call back. He is yet to do so as at the time of publishing this. Meanwhile, in the same resume she submitted to the Senate, Mrs. Oduah did not indicate that she got a Masters from St. Paul, raising questions on why she made that claim in her official citations and profiles posted on the Ministry of Aviation website, her personal website and her Wikipedia page. She only claimed in the document to the Senate that she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Paul’s College in 1982, a claim that PREMIUM TIMES is investigating.

The spokesperson for the Nigerian senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe, tried Tuesday to extricate the senate from blame as Nigerians criticize the lawmakers for conducting a sham screening exercise that allowed Mrs. Oduah to get away with lies and deceits. Mr. Abaribe said the lawmakers depend largely on the nation’s security agencies to help them investigate claims by appointees of the president. He said in conducting screening exercises, the senate relies largely on reports forwarded to it by the security agencies.

Mrs. Oduah, and her associates have spent the last several hours scrambling to clean up the minister’s biographies on the Internet, following allegations that she lied about her academic qualifications. Already, Mrs. Oduah’s biography on the website of the Ministry of Aviation has been revised, with references to St. Paul’s College now wiped out. The Wikipedia page of the minister was also edited and it now has no reference to the university Mrs. Oduah attended. The last edit on the Wikipedia page was done at 14:41 p.m. Nigerian time Tuesday. All links and reference materials on the Wikipedia page capable of linking the minister to the university that has disowned her have also been deleted. Even the minister’s personal website has been reviewed to remove any reference to St. Paul’s College.

Mrs. Oduah had since October been enmeshed in a a N255million armoured cars scandal in which she was accused of compelling an agency under her supervision, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, to buy her two exotic bullet cars at clearly inflated prices. The purchase of the cars generated outrage for weeks because its cost was inflated, and it was neither listed in the government-approved budget nor did it comply with the Nigeria’s public procurement law. The House of Representatives has since asked President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the minister but the president has failed to act.

SOURCE: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152958-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-in-fresh-fake-doctorate-degree-scandal.html
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Odehfamily(m): 5:09am On Jan 09, 2014
No matter how much we know, it will never be
enough. Keep increasing your knowledge for it is
the only way to be cured of ignorance.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by EreluY(f): 5:13am On Jan 09, 2014
GOING BY THESE REPORTS, AND BY ALL ACCOUNTS, THIS WOMAN IS A FIRST CLASS FRAUD WHO IMMEDIATELY SHOULD BE GIVEN A SACK.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Ayomel(m): 5:20am On Jan 09, 2014
She should just resign. Or be fired.
If not it will be really bad for GEJ.
I could remember what happened during OBJ when someone said he got is degree from Toronto he was out of the office. This should not be about tribe or region.
She most go
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by entuk(m): 5:42am On Jan 09, 2014
na wa o. is she really a princess?
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by oasis01(m): 5:44am On Jan 09, 2014
If this report is true,it's a big blow she may not survive.she'll just be crying now, 'my enemies (APC) have succeded oooo.....
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 09, 2014
Ayomel: She should just resign. Or be fired.
If not it will be really bad for GEJ.
I could remember what happened during OBJ when someone said he got is degree from Toronto he was out of the office. This should not be about tribe or region.
She most go
bros the first allegation was false
now this allegation may also be false
besides honorary degree is so easy to get dat even me can get one
nobody especially somebody in her shoe will forge honorary award
this shows that some people are really against her using investigative journalism as a tool

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by meracool(m): 6:02am On Jan 09, 2014
presher: bros the first allegation was false
this shows that some people are really against her using investigative journalism as a tool
meracool:
Agreed its a Honoraray Doctorate Degree.. But the Univsersity she claimed to Get it Does Not Exsist.. So what will you Say to that.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=meracool][/quote]lets keep our fingers crossed
the first allegation was totally false
now u want me to believe this story

politicians now play dirty dats why i hardly believe propagandas

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by EreluY(f): 6:08am On Jan 09, 2014

SOME PEOPLES' BRAINS SEEM TO BE ON INDEFINITE LEAVE/HOLIDAYS. SO, RECEIVING A HONORARY DOCTORATE FROM A FICTITIOUS COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY, IN YOUR VIEW, ISN'T A FRAUD? I AM SURE, LIKE GEJ, YOU HOLD UNIVERSITY QUALIFICATIONS.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 09, 2014
Erelu_Y:

SOME PEOPLES' BRAINS SEEM TO BE ON INDEFINITE LEAVE/HOLIDAYS. SO, RECEIVING A HONORARY DOCTORATE FROM A FICTITIOUS COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY, IN YOUR VIEW, ISN'T A FRAUD? I AM SURE, LIKE GEJ, YOU HOLD UNIVERSITY QUALIFICATIONS.
oga i dont deal with paid trolls FROM political parties
first the report is unconfirmed just like the first allegation
you dont judge cases based one side report
in another thread not yours people are debating this particular issue and analysis there are to her favour but i will not conclude
if you want i will post the analysis here
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by meracool(m): 6:20am On Jan 09, 2014
meracool:
Agreed its a Honoraray Doctorate Degree.. But the Univsersity she claimed to Get it Does Not Exsist.. So what will you Say to that.
presher: lets keep our fingers crossed
the first allegation was totally false
now u want me to believe this story
politicians now play dirty dats why i
hardly believe propagandas
meracool: About this Fresh Allegation, The First and even any that may emerge later.. All me want to Hear is her respone But its Obvious She really Might have Comitted this Offense.. Let's keep Finger Crossed as you Said Earlier..
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by HowFar: 6:33am On Jan 09, 2014
The same maggots that published the first lie have resorted to another lie. It must be unsatisfying job working for Lie Lie Mohammend.

Shakara reporters or Sharia reporters another big fail, try again.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by EreluY(f): 8:57am On Jan 09, 2014
How Far?:
The same maggots that published the first lie have resorted to another lie. It must be unsatisfying job working for Lie Lie Mohammend.

Shakara reporters or Sharia reporters another big fail, try again.

CRAP NIGERIAN MENTALITY. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH YOUR KIND OF MENTALITY THAT ALLOWS NIGERIAN LEADERS S TO ACT WITH IMPUNITY.
Re: Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Fresh Fake Doctorate Degree Scandal by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2014
Erelu_Y:

CRAP NIGERIAN MENTALITY. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH YOUR KIND OF MENTALITY THAT ALLOWS NIGERIAN LEADERS S TO ACT WITH IMPUNITY.
nigerian leaders? if all nigerian youth reason like most people on this forum then i prefer our leaders

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: A’ibom Sheraton Hotel Ready March 2015 – Gov. Akpabio / Usa Is 238 Years. Happy Independence Day To Them / "I can not be Impreach"-Awo:How Awo disobey International Law and africa Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.