Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? (65014 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / How Did Nigerians React To Colonial Masters During Colonial Era / Why Do Nigerians Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
This is not a rant, but they are fond of sentences like ,'ordinary Kenya, 'Cameroon of all countries', 'monkey' when referring to their neighbors? Etc .'

Well coming from the most populous African-black country on earth, I'm very disappointed. Thank u

34 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
I think it is cultural because most if not all Nigerian have this superiority complex.
So don't move the thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Who gives a f ock if you are disappointed? undecided

275 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Stay out of the thread then, is it so difficult ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
so feeling superior to other Africans, pulling them down and rubbishing their countries are giving you an edge in America? Wow interesting

23 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by tpia5: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
So you are not bothered when nigerians rubbish nigeria but you are when they don't praise other countries? Never mind the fact that nigerians are the greatest asss kissers in the universe and constantly worship anything foreign?

Wonderful.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
^ that's even the bone of contention they worship anything foreign as in white-western , they take poo from them but are quick to demean, insult, rubbish their African brothers, an African can not give an advice to a Nigerian.

Look @ boko haram wahala , go read the thread about Africab militaries and also check Litmus profile.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
tpia@:
So you are not bothered when nigerians rubbish nigeria but you are when they don't praise other countries? Never mind the fact that nigerians are the greatest asss kissers in the universe and constantly worship anything foreign?

Wonderful.
every citizen at one point rubbished his country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
I don't even want to mention Nigerians using racial slurs to call other Africans like wth .

8 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: ^ that's even the bone of contention they worship anything foreign as in white-western , they take poo from them but are quick to demean, insult, rubbish their African brothers, an African can not give an advice to a Nigerian.

Look @ boko haram wahala , go read the thread about Africab militaries and also check Litmus profile.

It's called low self-esteem/inferiority complex. We don't have a superiority complex, if we did we wouldn't be kissing major western and middle Eastern butt (especially western) all the time.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Adamskuty(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: so feeling superior to other Africans, pulling them down and rubbishing their countries are giving you an edge in America? Wow interesting
when have u seen nigerians rubbish other african countries?

Dude,wtf is wrong with u today,huh? U just creating hate thread anyhow,first,it was about non-fulani muslims feeling inferior to fulanis undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by onila(f): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
U act like Nigerians are the only arrogant ones

I have been discriminated for just being Nigerian without pple knowing who i really am

I remember when I and my kenyan friend were discussing with one Cameroonian B1tch, the cameroonian girl said a Naija slang and I was like u Naija girl playfully. .And she was like pls, pls am not Nigeria in disgust! that was rude

Ghanaians also think they are the most well mannered pple on earth especially the women. .every little thing upsets them

Africans in general are very proud!

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by tpia5: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: every citizen at one point rubbished his country.

Evidence?

Seems to me like folks are happy when nigerians rubbish nigeria but get aggresive when they themselves are under the spotlight.

8 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Adamskuty(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
tpia@:

Evidence?

Seems to me like folks are happy when nigerians rubbish nigeria but get aggresive when they themselves are under the spotlight.
lol! grin

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
tpia@:

Evidence?

except if you are very rich or among the political class most African countries can b very frustrating. Anyway I will talk for Cameroon only, the country can b very frustrating sometimes and you can sometimes find yourself cursing the country and the politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ladionline: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
The Nigeria superiority complex derived from the blessed assurance of the upbringing of the Nigerian child. Your radar pick it everywhere that 9ja is the most blessed country in the world and that there is nothing Nigerians may want to do that they can not do. How do you start to question that as a child? You grow up singing and humming 'everything e dey for Nigeria ooo' Foreigners on the street says the same thing. You just become it naturally. 9ja is a great country. But we use neighbouring country to spite our leaders.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
You guys are missing it, especially Onila.

Look when Ted Cruz made his remarks about Nigerians/Nigeria did you insult Americans or the USA? No
When that woman on Yahoo did the Same thing did Nigerians even react ? No

In both cases most people were cheering them and calling others to accept the truth.

But when kenya complained about the facilities offered by the Nigeria football federation did you the online backlash? The insults , I mean really racist insults?

Same with Namibia, Ethiopia etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by onila(f): 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
NIGERIA IS THE BOMB! THE SHI-T!

WE HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY! cool

The only thing that spoil the country small is tribalism

other African countries are poor and just poor! deal with it!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
tpia@:

Evidence?

Occupy wall street
Subsidy removal protests

Riots etc
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by onila(f): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: You guys are missing it, especially Onila.

Look when Ted Cruz made his remarks about Nigerians/Nigeria did you insult Americans or the USA? No

In both cases most people were cheering them and calling others to accept the truth.

But when kenya complained about the facilities offered by the Nigeria football federation did you the online backlash? The insults , I mean really racist insults?

foreigners have money, so we try to emulate them and copy their ways thats all, without neglecting and forgetting our culture

who ignore rich foreigners and pay respect to the poor lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Adamskuty(m): 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
onila: NIGERIA IS THE BOMB! THE SHI-T!

WE HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY! cool

The only thing that spoil the country small is tribalism

other African countries are poor and just poor! deal with it!
onila,take it easy abeg..

No fall our hand here o,where u see money? grin

16 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please go chat somewhere else and stop derailing my thread
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by onila(f): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Adamskuty: oh really? cheesy

having too much money is not good ,don't u think u have to move some to mah side,swrry? grin
tongue having too much money aint bad

its sweet

going to Dubai soon!

dont worry I go send small to yr side grin

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Adamskuty(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
onila: tongue having too much money aint bad

its sweet

going to Dubai soon!

dont worry I go send small to yr side grin
ok, i hear u cool

from dubia,to hong.kong ,paris and brazil grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: You guys are missing it, especially Onila.

Inferiority complex, Nigerians really need to stop kissing up to westerners.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by sonzo666: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
ladionline:
The Nigeria superiority complex derived from the blessed assurance of the upbringing of the Nigerian child. Your radar pick it everywhere that 9ja is the most blessed country in the world and that there is nothing Nigerians may want to do that they can not do. How do you start to question that as a child? You grow up singing and humming 'everything e dey for Nigeria ooo' Foreigners on the street says the same thing. You just become it naturally. 9ja is a great country. But we use neighbouring country to spite our leaders.
Really?So why are Indians and lebaneses behaving in Nigeria as if they own the land?Why are Nigerians being beaten up to death in india yet your politicians and celebrities go die in india hospitals?Is that your definition of superiority complex?

16 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 12:24am On Mar 14, 2015
sonzo666:

Really?So why are Indians and lebaneses behaving in Nigeria as if they own the land?Why are Nigerians being beaten up to death in india yet your politicians and celebrities go die in india hospitals?Is that your definition of superiority complex?

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ladionline: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2015
sonzo666:

dont mix up superiority with economic complex, they are totally different issues. I for one cannot work in that kind of condition cos I know my temperament. But I cannot speak for you as that is my choice, and yours is deduced from your observing external economic dynamics.

I remember an India guy giving me a hair curl cream to rob on my hair. I was like, if I put this I will look ridiculously irresponsible. My friend was shocked at this remark. inside him, I admire his hair or something, I may be wrong but why should I want his looks?

A friend of mine will tell you that the the white skin is frail and not durable and not to be compare with black skin. He was not saying it s a racist, but just as innocent as it can be, from his observation. I felt it is superiority complex on his side.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies / Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.