Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st (585 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / Help! I Cannot Access Yahoomail With My Opera 4.2 / Need Help With My Opera Mini 4.2 Multi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st by tonardo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
I have been using my opera mail account for some time.....

Details below''

When My Opera was launched as a support forum in 2001, it quickly became an important place for us to meet with you. We had so much great interaction with you that we wanted to do more with our forums and our community. In 2006, we had a silly but fun idea. "What if we put our forums on steroids? Let's build a site where you can blog, share photos and add each other as friends." At that time, there were no good services for what we wanted. We decided to build it ourselves.

We saw My Opera grow into a passionate community site. For us, this whole idea of giving you a place where you could blog and share photos turned into an interesting, and very large, side project. Over the years, we've seen social media and blogging sites pop up, which offer more and better features than we could possibly maintain. These offerings are their sole business. You all know their names and you probably use their services already.

The explosion of these sites and the amount of resources we need to maintain our own service has changed our outlook on My Opera. We had a good run for many years, but we believe your content could have a better home elsewhere, so we have made the decision to shut down My Opera as of March 1, 2014.

source...
http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2013/10/31/important-announcement-about-your-my-opera-account
Re: My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st by tonardo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Google, wordpress etc has chance them out...
Re: My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st by Lionbite(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
To be honest, i've never heard about this 'my opera' mail account....... Shey na opera mini get am?
Re: My Opera To Shut Down All Myopera Account By March 1st by tonardo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lionbite: To be honest, i've never heard about this 'my opera' mail account....... Shey na opera mini get am?

My opera has been in existence ...
Offering...
Mail.
Blog
Forum
Community.
Photo sharing.. Etc

(1) (Reply)

Android Freaks / Website Engineers On NL! Get Live Blog/website Traffics For Free / Has Any One Ever Used G-tide Androids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.