Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

What Anger Does. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Anger Does. (508 Views)

Tips On Anger Management / Psychology Today: Anger Management / How Anger Affects Your Health And Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Anger Does. by Kazrem(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
WHAT ANGER DOES.
Someone sent me a message about anger and I wish to share it with everyone.There was a young boy who had problem with anger. Each time he gets annoyed, he nearly became insane.He did all sorts of things like yelling, screaming, throwing things etc.His father wanted to teach him the effects of anger and he gave him a bag of nails.He told him each time he gets angry he should hammer a nail on the wall.So the boy hammered a nail each time he got angry.After some days,he went to his father and told him he has been able to manage his anger.Then his father told him to remove the nails fron the wall.He painfully removed it but the holes made by the nails were still there.Then his father told him "that's it.Once a word is uttered when anger, it can't be retrieved.Even if you say I am sorry,I will not do that again,the damage has been done".Moral: Anger is a temporary insanity.Nothing positive can be done when angry and nothing productive can come out of anger. Anger makes you do something permanently stupid because you are temporarily upset. Everybody gets angry including me. But its how we manage and control it. When you allow people to get you angry it means you are controlled and not in control. And as they say sometimes people will throw stones at you. Its you that will determine what to do with it. You can either use it as a stepping stone or let it hit you and fall. Its your choice. I have learnt that anger can be controlled and managed. How it can be will be discussed on Friday. Till then, let stones (anger) be a stepping stone for you.

(1) (Reply)

Health: Ebola Virus, Causes, Symptoms And The Risk / 15 Nigerian Soldiers Ambushed And Killed By Boko Haram / Africa And Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.