Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,786 members, 7,798,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (110867 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Hello everyone!

As some may have discovered by now, we have unfortunately suffered data loss from the Nairaland website in the last presumed attack or failed upgrade. This has caused significant downtime for our followers and friends and we apologize for these issues. We have been actively working to mitigate the damage caused and to restore all data lost.

So, what really happened here?

This is not an official statement from Nairaland but as an IT geek, I believe the problem is from a faulty upgrade on Nairaland primary web server which caused a data loss incident. The last backup performed by the hosting company before the presumed attack was January 10. So any posts, threads, comments made after January 10 are automatically lost because Nairaland uses a database technology .

Moving Forward:

Though NextHome Builders is a relatively young company, we have found that our services have been heavily in demand.

Here again, whilst Nairaland support team will be working on how to mitigate the long-term damage including migrating to a new, more reliable server host and restoring backup versions of content (where applicable). I will be documenting the progress of our projects here on an almost daily basis. I hope that through this you will gain an understanding of the construction process and may find it useful when planning your own building projects either in Nigeria or abroad. I also hope that it will give you an appreciation for the attention to detail and build quality that we care about so much at NextHome Builders.

Enjoy the best!

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by emmadejust(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2014
[size=20pt]I hv taking the front seat.....

waiting for my handout

and a bottle of PEPSI in my hand sipping cool

Contact us for your homes aluminum window and painting works

[/size]
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Apollonio: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2014
Nice one Nexthome family.
Keenly following.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by gbadexy(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2014
Nice one!
I'm present.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by MANGAM(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
Following
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2014
Eafa's Treasure House - Our Inclusions Just Got Better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTcmrU_nKEc
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2014
Upcoming in July 2014

All discussions finalised. We are awaiting final approval to move to site.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:02am On Jun 29, 2014
Still in July 2014

Having come a long way since we got into this trade, it's this year that we have re-defined the luxury living standards with Inspired Spaces by NextHome.

Watch out for our new build at Lekki County! The fastest of all builds

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2014
Chateau De Brabus - A Show Home by NextHome

NextHome Builders is founded and promoted by Bosun Davies, an IT geek by profession entered in to real estate business with an aim to deliver excellent and quality homes. For me, a house is not the four walls with empty space. It is something beyond them, it’s about the emotions, excitement and happiness. With this profound belief and philosophy, I've established Concentrix Logistics, with NextHome Builders as its flagship company.

Just recently, we've added a new line of business. Now there's Next Joinery

Here's a sneak peek into the world of possibilities. We are building our first show home.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Next Joinery

1 Share

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2014
The Bungalow in Owode

I have always been an entrepreneur. Whether cutting grass, building a foundation or painting the wall, I have always enjoyed helping people and making a little money.

I love my job. If I didn’t have passion for what I do, we wouldn’t be in business today. Our goal is to be a resource for home owners and provide our customers with the best possible experience. - Brabus

When we took up this project, I knew exactly what was missing and I asked the client for the permission to fix it.

Now, here's the Before NextHome pictures of the Owode Crib of Sir Snowflakes.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2014
NextHome Builders - Creating Inspired Spaces in Owode

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2014
Multi-Dwelling Unit for Sir CNE - Creating Inspired Spaces in Oke-Ira, Ogba, Lagos

In March 2014, we were approached by Sir CNE to produce architectural drawing/ 3D modelling of a block of 3 flats. Here's what we were able to come up with.

The house is presently been decked using marine boards hired from us. Another good reason to trade with us.

Building up your home doesn't have to mean spending huge amounts of time and money. You can hire marine boards for deckings and raft foundations from us at a very cheap rate.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:13am On Jun 29, 2014
Facelifting a boring design - Creating Inspired Spaces in Magboro, Ogun State

There's nothing worse than a boring house design without the fun details. Sir Femi (a fellow Nairalander) approached us to give his house a facelift and here's what we are able to come up with.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2014
Dangerous Builds - Who builds your house?

I saw this at a site and I felt it's worth sharing.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by kesie: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
brabus: Dangerous Builds - Who builds your house?
I saw this at a site and I felt it's worth sharing.
This is why we see a lot of building collapse in Nigeria. Builders do everything to make profit after getting the contract.
I like your designs, maybe we will do business together.
Am a structural engineer and i make Structural designs for Steeland concrete structures
75AD8DD3
Mcduffde3ple@yahoo.com
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
brabus: Hello everyone!
So, what really happened here?
The last backup performed by the hosting company before the presumed attack was January 10. So any posts, threads, comments made after January 10 are automatically lost because Nairaland uses a database technology .
Enjoy the best!

This is where I have a big problem.. how can Nairaland with its magnitude have a backup that is almost 6 months worth of data old.
Luckily, I believe he does not have commercial clients; if so we would have been seeing a huge lawsuits here..
I used to run a telephone dial-in Bulletin Board services with 20 computers networked together with Novell Netware pre-era of internet world wide web, where you have to use DOS command and Unix to run everything.. so I know how critical backup is.. You can still googled my board then as "Systematic BBS". It was a popular one around New York and USA then..
The lesson here is: BACKUP and BACKUP and BACKUP.

Hajji Mufutau

3 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nairaland Data Loss - A Big Lesson For All

mufutau55:

This is where I have a big problem.. how can Nairaland with its magnitude have a backup that is almost 6 months worth of data.

The lesson here is: BACKUP and BACKUP and BACKUP.

Hajji Mufutau

Hajji,

I'm more upset that there weren't backups readily available. I've heard dozens of stories on this attack, and in none of them has anyone said, "No worries, mates. If the issues was not resolved, we had a fresh backup set in the vault." My greatest loss is that we had to re-create the lost documentation of our beautiful construction journals.

I think the lesson for everyone in IT support is clear: If every bit of data in your organization isn't being backed up sometime, it's time to jump on the backup revolution.

To Nairaland - Pls implement a policy of zero tolerance for lost files.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
mufutau55:
Luckily, I believe he does not have commercial clients; if so we would have been seeing a huge lawsuits here..

Hajji Mufutau

Hajji, you're missing something here. The Nairaland Ads, the advert accounts and cost updates have gone missing too.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
brabus:
Hajji, you're missing something here. The Nairaland Ads has gone missing too.

Yeah! I totally forgot about the Adverts. I have less energy for Nairaland now; it's almost unforgiven.

Hajji M.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by amanikondo: 4:32am On Jun 30, 2014
brabus: Nairaland Data Loss - A Big Lesson For All

Hajji,

I'm more upset that there weren't backups readily available. I've heard dozens of stories on this attack, and in none of them has anyone said, "No worries, mates. If the issues was not resolved, we had a fresh backup set in the vault." My greatest loss is that we had to re-create the lost documentation of our beautiful construction journals.

I think the lesson for everyone in IT support is clear: If every bit of data in your organization isn't being backed up sometime, it's time to jump on the backup revolution.

It is so funny that despite the fact that he is making money from the website, nairaland did not have backup. I have tons of clients that have basic website and they get weekly backup not to talk of a forum that requires a daily backup. He must have learnt lessons from this. The pain is the information that can never be reproduced that got lost. The best thing is to run your personal blog and also use nairaland as a jump page just like omoonile lawyer website so that you can have control over your content.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by emmadejust(m): 5:23am On Jun 30, 2014
after many months of work and update on my pages

I just lost all infos and pictures on my thread...

Its frustrating.....
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by NL1960: 10:42am On Jun 30, 2014
brabus: Nairaland Data Loss - A Big Lesson For All

Hajji,

I think Seun has not really told us what happened to Nairaland. I do not want to believe this hacking rubbish. Iam an IT person and a Software Engineer. If this data loss is a result of backup, then i can say that Seun has disappointed the entire IT industry in Nigeria. Can this happen in India?. How will people take the Nigerian IT industry serious?. A whole Nairaland that celebrated 1million users of recent has no recent backup. Have they not heard of what they call 'replication'?. This is how we do not take anything serious in Nigeria and the reason many startups do not grow to be big corporations.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 1:05am On Jul 03, 2014
brabus: Facelifting a boring design - Creating Inspired Spaces in Magboro, Ogun State

There's nothing worse than a boring house design without the fun details. Sir Femi (a fellow Nairalander)
approached us to give his house a facelift and here's what we are able to come up with.

I love the revised version; which is the last picture of the three.. Very lovely and elegant. Good work.

Hajji M.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2014
mufutau55:

I love the revised version; which is the last picture of the three.. Very lovely and elegant. Good work.

Hajji M.

Our guy Beetroot gave the house a nice touch-up.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
brabus:

Our guy Beetroot gave the house a nice touch-up.

And the Builder.. (that's YOU, Brabus) still has to make all things in it possible.
It can be well designed, but without a good Builder, then it's not completed.
Good work in all your jobs I have seen and followed..

Note: Where is Beetroot anyway, I have seen his thread re-opened since the Hacker business.. Time to call him.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
^^^

Hajji, I'll respond to your email o. But don't you worry because the price is ridiculously affordable. I'm busy working on our next project.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
brabus: ^^^

Hajji, I'll respond to your email o. But don't you worry because the price is ridiculously affordable. I'm busy working on our next project.

You are the MAN, Oga Brabus.

Hajji M.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Owode Crib of Sir Snowflakes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
brabus: Owode Crib of Sir Snowflakes

What a superb and excellent transformation.. Good work Oga Brabus. Kudos.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Minimalist Kitchen in Owode - Yewa

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by emmadejust(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
brabus: Minimalist Kitchen in Owode - Yewa

e don set wella..... cookin tinz on arrival

what abt the wardrope?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.