Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Open Letter To Seun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Seun (2619 Views)

An Open Letter To Seun(nairaland's CEO) And His Team. / A Retrospective Letter To Seun Osewa / Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun, I wish to first commend you on how far you have taken Nairaland to. I remember when I first came across Nairaland, that was 2005, my elder sister was on the site sourcing for Job adverts. You've really been a source of happiness to Nigerians with this popular forum.

Now back to my bone of contention. I have observed that one certain CRAMJONES aka Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) has hijacked our political Section and is spewing malicious APC News and instilling hate among tribes, that is not my worry, my worry is that there is a popular belief that you are promoting him by taking his threads without source to Front Page. Please call your MODs to order. You and I know that a thread which gets to FP is widely read. Please don't allow this politician destroy OUR nairaland. Read, brood and act on this Open Letter, abi Open Thread. One Love! Goodluck to you.

13 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by Kairoseki77: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun has been taking many thread to the front page without sources. Like this one:

theoctopus: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Senate Releases Stella Oduah's CV. The Nigerian Senate have released the Curriculum Vitae (Resume) which Princess Stella Oduah the Aviation Minister used in securing her appointment. According to the release, they confirm that the Aviation Minister's CV was in line with her claims, against what some media outfits have been writing in the last few days. They warned that the online news outlets Sahara Reporters and Premium Times should stop giving out false and malicious information that might lead to breakdown of law and order. Sahara reporters have already accepted misleading Nigerians and still refuse to apologize for their malicious allegations and frivolous claims.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria?ref=stream

There seems to be a pattern on NL. A fully sourced article will grace the front page, generate a lot of traffic, and then a few days later UNSOURCED and CONTRADICTORY claims will hit the front page.

This is confusing to many people. Prime example, is the letter writing saga.

A sourced thread quoted an article in Vanguard. That article contained the contents of Iyabos letter to OBJ. It hit the front page and about 97% of us believed it to be accurate.

A few days later, an UNSOURCED and uncomfirmed post claimed that Iyabo did not author that letter to her father.

We were all confused, and it took a few days to sort out the truth. Nairaland created national confusion, single-handedly, by pushing that unsourcred thread to the Front Page.

There have been even worse instances where threads are "jokes", but presented as truth just to gain views. I am thinking of the Ngige crying over 2bn thread, and Lagbaja removing his mask. Many people STILL believe those threads were truthful.

Shockingly, this pattern is repeating itself again with this latest Oduah scandal.

A story hits the front page with multiple sources and several media outlets are reporting the story. All of us believe the accusations are true.

Then an UNSOURCED and UNCOMFIRMED thread hits the front page, that is completely contradictory.

The senate has not released a single statement. They are on vacation until January 14th. Op's "source" was the facebook profile of a random PDP fan site. Click on the link youself and see.

Seun has not realized the power NL has yet. He still treats this like it is a game.

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Oga Seun,awaiting your open response..
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
Kairoseki77:
Seun has been taking many thread tothe front page without sources. Like this one:

Thank u for bringing up those ones as well. We should bring up more. This act of taking thread without credible source must stop. Most of us rely on this forum for useful info. Most people are easily deceived with this selfish, without source threads.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Stop been partial Mr Man. Many topics of anti-Yoruba/anti-APC posters like Sincereliegerian have hit FP.

So why foam because of Cramjones?

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
We are very sorry about these mistakes that we have made. I am personally responsible for a few of them. We will tighten our process.

12 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by donphilopus: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
You can go through Beaf's thread, and see one particar thread he said "Aregbesola slapped Fashola", and it made FP. It was a sourceless info too.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
St_Black: Stop been impartial Mr Man. Many topics of anti-Yoruba/anti-APC posters like Sincereliegerian have hit FP.

So why foam because of Cramjones?

I used Cramjones as an example, feel free to come up with yours jor! Am not here to create an tribal bigotry oga
Re: Open Letter To Seun by holyvirgin: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Okay seun do the needful, ban cramjones for such malicious messsages.
We are one Nigeria and nobody should try in any way to divide us especially on Nairaland. Cramjones is a nuisance here.
grin

On another news OAM4J has closed this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1587559/picture-cramjones-exclusive/1#20793895 and I demand to know why?
If cramjones is not FFK then what is this thread doing on frontpage without a source?https://www.nairaland.com/1584451/take-stella-oduahs-fake-mba
Show us a link that FFK said that anywhere to prove that cramjones is not FFK? Oam4j I think something is wrong with you. Reopen the thread you closed immediately

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by Project400: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmn...
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Kairoseki77: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun: We are very sorry about these mistakes that we have made. I am personally responsible for a few of them. We will tighten our process.

Please do something about the Stella thread. This woman is stealing our money and lying to us.

If no Senate statement exists, why is NL publishing lies on behalf of a thief?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by MrKnowitall: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
UcLloyd: Seun, I wish to first commend you on how far you have taken Nairaland to. I remember when I first came across Nairaland, that was 2005, my elder sister was on the site sourcing for Job adverts. You've really been a source of happiness to Nigerians with this popular forum.

Now back to my bone of contention. I have observed that one certain CRAMJONES aka Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) has hijacked our political Section and is spewing malicious APC News and instilling hate among tribes, that is not my worry, my worry is that there is a popular belief that you are promoting him by taking his threads without source to Front Page. Please call your MODs to order. You and I know that a thread which gets to FP is widely read. Please don't allow this politician destroy OUR nairaland. Read, brood and act on this Open Letter, abi Open Thread. One Love! Goodluck to you.

All Seun is going to tell you is to GO AND DIE!!! Lol But seriously though you people complain too much, its not by force to come to Nairaland. You open letter people are very irritating.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun: We are very sorry about these mistakes that we have made. I am personally responsible for a few of them. We will tighten our process.

Seun, whatever you do from hereon, please pay close attention to cramjones/'Hope for Nigeria' threads.
That's all wink
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mr Knowitall:

All Seun is going to tell you is to GO AND DIE!!! Lol But seriously though you people complain too much, its not by force to come to Nairaland. You open letter people are very irritating.

You are Mr Know Nothing. Imagine your stupid mentality. How dare u derail a serious thread? Go to romance or jokes section. Cus u sound stupidly funny
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
UcLloyd: .

I used Cramjones as an example, feel free to come up with yours jor! Am not here to create an tribal bigotry oga

Though I dont support Cramjones, what I only can hold as a simple fault from you is that many posters have one way or the other been involved in giving false information, of which Sincereliegerian is one of such. Not once, not twice has the dude been involved in deceiving various members.

You should actually ought to have been active to have reported him then.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by superior1: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
@ Seun, I observe you have this way of promoting topics about 'Pastors' and news that makes one wonder if you have any problem with Christianity. Your FP threads on Christianity appears to favor only issues that ridicule it.

SEUN, THE CHRISTIAN GOD FIGHTS ANY WHO CHALLENGES HIM

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by hotmas911(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
St_Black:

Though I dont support Cramjones, what I only can hold as a simple fault from you is that many posters have one way or the other been involved in giving false information, of which Sincereliegerian is one of such. Not once, not twice has the dude been involved in deceiving various members.

Is all about my thread interest. Maybe am yet to come across the dude's thread or maybe, I brushed his apart cus his not a public figure.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Kairoseki77: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
superior1: @ Seun, I observe you have this way of promoting topics about 'Pastors' and news that makes one wonder if you have any problem with Christianity. Your FP thread on Christianity appears to favor issues that ridicule it.

Hold off on that one for now. Lets focus on factual accuracy first.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
St_Black:

Is all about my thread interest. Maybe am yet to come across the dude's thread or maybe, I brushed his apart cus his not a public figure.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Purchased space.
For counter attacks
Re: Open Letter To Seun by MrKnowitall: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
UcLloyd:

You are Mr Know Nothing. Imagine your stupid mentality. How dare u derail a serious thread? Go to romance or jokes section. Cus u sound stupidly funny

The fact is that there is a thread almost every week complaining about the threads in the front page. I honestly dont know hy Seun waste his time replying to you peopl because that will only encourage more people to start complaining about every little thing. Every day there is an open letter, you people are nuisance. Have a good day
Re: Open Letter To Seun by donphilopus: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
This thread should make front page, so others can join in convincing seun to scrutinize FP materials henceforth, but am sure it won't. Our opinions don't count in a forum we promote, use and feel good. Seun, this a call for change on your part
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mr Knowitall:

The fact is that there is a thread almost every week complaining about the threads in the front page. I honestly dont know hy Seun waste his time replying to you peopl because that will only encourage more people to start complaining about every little thing. Every day there is an open letter, you people are nuisance. Have a good day

Be out already. This thread will be better off without your likes. Enemy of progress
Re: Open Letter To Seun by MrKnowitall: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun if you keep replying them they will just continue to grow in numbers. I for once is tired of this open leter craze.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by OAM4J: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
UcLloyd: This thread should make front page, so others can join in convincing seun to scrutinize FP materials henceforth, but am sure it won't. Our opinions don't count in a forum we promote, use and feel good. Seun, this a call for change on your part

I thought Seun replied you already and didn't argue with you but apologized. What more "others join in convincing" do you need?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
donphilopus: How did this get to the FP?

https://www.nairaland.com/784439/aregbesola-slapped-fashola-it-true

Lmao! Beats me oh
Re: Open Letter To Seun by UcLloyd: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
OAM4J:

I thought Seun replied you already and didn't argue with you but apologized. What more "others join in convincing" do you need?

Na today seun begin promise. Action is what we need. Remove most MODs to stand as a deterrent to other MODs. No more promises. ACTION is golden

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun by MrKnowitall: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun please designate a moderator to be replying these people. Your replies are only feeding into the frenzy. Open leter every day, damn:!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! / Nigeria Is Already An Islamic Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.