Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section (1183 Views)

Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister / *~ Marutimon Voted Sports Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Dear NL guys,

Una good afternoon. I hope say una don rest wella after yesterday.

I'm writing this letter to address all those that have been calling me a bytch since god knows when.

First off, if I offended anybody, apologies (except leggo and bettermike). I tend to take things personaly, so I can blow off my top sometimes.

Secondly, I don't know about things on this site, but on every other site, the word bytch is not used loosely. Anyone who follows me here knows that I have never and will never tolerate the use of that term 'bytch' on me or any other female.

The past three days, I have been insulted severely for supporting Mikel Obi (aggressively, yes, but that's how people support someone or something they feel strongly about), I'm not the only Mikel supporter here, I would name others, but you know them...I'm not even the only one to have thrown insults.

On that thread on women not knowing about sports, I didn't throw the first jab- or any jab at all, I took it lightly until leggo came and started calling me names, you guys skipped that part and attacked me, perhaps in solidarity.

The fact that I have been replying people with humour and sarcasm doesn't mean I can't throw cheap insults because if I start, I will be banned till 2028.

I ask all those attacking me to refrain from doing so as of now, I know some of you don't like that a female is challenging you on your turf, but you can sling the cheap insults all you want and I'll still be in your faces telling you as it is (or as I want it to be)

If you guys cannot call leggo and crew to order like you have happily done to me, then you're nothing but biased hypocrites. I have never called any guy a b*stard, so I won't tolerate being called a bytch in any way.

Thank you for reading, and keep an open mind.

Sincerely,
Safari.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by bastien: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Eyah!!! I hope dey beg u sha!

Abeg make una wey insult her apologise now now,e no good na,na becus of argument,una take am personal

Sorry Sarafi,if I offend u knowingly or unknowingly too

I still remain #TeamYaya
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
bastien: Eyah!!! I hope dey beg u sha!

Abeg make una wey insult her apologise now now,e no good na,na becus of argument,una take am personal

Sorry Sarafi,if I offend u knowingly or unknowingly too

I still remain #TeamYaya
I don't remember you, you're not one of the main guys.

I still remain #TeamNigeria until super eagles win world Cup
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
#TeamSafarigirl

Success to #TeamNigeria.

Grabs my E-Mace about to make Hon. Chidi Lloyd's act look like Child's play.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Obinnau(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: I don't remember you, you're not one of the main guys.

report your case to the mod of the sports section.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Obinnau: report your case to the mod of the sports section.
lol, report to mods ke? No now, if they're banned e no go sweet.

The purpose of this letter is to end the name-calling. Banning them will be too easy.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by psalmdave(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
sad
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by psalmdave(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
What is the purpose of this thread,to apologize or warn?this question is also very simple so dnt misunderstand it
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
psalmdave: What is the purpose of this thread,to apologize or warn?this question is also very simple so dnt misunderstand it
I already stated the purpose, you can choose to view it however you wish
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by bastien: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: I don't remember you, you're not one of the main guys.

yeah true,wasn't among but still apologise!

Lol yeah always #Team9ja
#TeamYaya
And #TeamArsenal grin
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Booty4me: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: Dear NL guys,

Una good afternoon. I hope say una don rest wella after yesterday.

I'm writing this letter to address all those that have been calling me a bytch since god knows when.

First off, if I offended anybody, apologies (except leggo and bettermike). I tend to take things personaly, so I can blow off my top sometimes.

Secondly, I don't know about things on this site, but on every other site, the word bytch is not used loosely. Anyone who follows me here knows that I have never and will never tolerate the use of that term 'bytch' on me or any other female.

The past three days, I have been insulted severely for supporting Mikel Obi (aggressively, yes, but that's how people support someone or something they feel strongly about), I'm not the only Mikel supporter here, I would name others, but you know them...I'm not even the only one to have thrown insults.

On that thread on women not knowing about sports, I didn't throw the first jab- or any jab at all, I took it lightly until leggo came and started calling me names, you guys skipped that part and attacked me, perhaps in solidarity.

The fact that I have been replying people with humour and sarcasm doesn't mean I can't throw cheap insults because if I start, I will be banned till 2028.

I ask all those attacking me to refrain from doing so as of now, I know some of you don't like that a female is challenging you on your turf, but you can sling the cheap insults all you want and I'll still be in your faces telling you as it is (or as I want it to be)

If you guys cannot call leggo and crew to order like you have happily done to me, then you're nothing but biased hypocrites. I have never called any guy a b*stard, so I won't tolerate being called a bytch in any way.

Thank you for reading, and keep an open mind.

Sincerely,
Safari.

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
This is Trash....Medicine after death

The apology you should be tendering here is an apology for supporting a wrong Person and for making us waste our energy trying to convince yu undecided
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
KingMEXX: This is Trash....Medicine after death

The apology you should be tendering here is an apology for supporting a wrong Person and for making us waste our energy trying to convince yu undecided
I'm not apologising to you...tell leggo to apologise for calling me a bytch or vamoose from my thread, don't provoke me abeg

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Who are you? Abeg swerve jare[quote author=Booty4me][/quote]
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Ishilove: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Safari, na you get time to write open letter. Simply use the 'report' tab on the offensive posts and report the offenders to the moderators. If no action is taken, copy the links to mukina2 and watch her ban their asses for minimum of a week. That's what I do and it always works for me.

What rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by An0nimus: 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
Second open letter I'm reading on NL within 5 minutes.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
An0nimus: Second open letter I'm reading on NL within 5 minutes.
get ready for more
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Emmysteve(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
So you are a female! really? Seriously i used to view u as a male hiding under female ID as some guys usually do. Being a female, ur vast and in depth knowledge of football (super Eagles) is something of applause. Pls keep it up.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Emmysteve(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
KingMEXX: This is Trash....Medicine after death

who is the wrong person? It baffles me to see some persons openly support a player from another country against their own. My comprehension about this is beyond my imagination. MIKEl losing the award to yaya toure does not make him(yaya) a better player than mikel.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
Emmysteve: who is the wrong person? It baffles me to see some persons openly support a player from another country against their own. My comprehension about this is beyond my imagination. MIKEl losing the award to yaya toure does not make him(yaya) a better player than mikel.
STFU. your tribalism beclouds your sense of judgement. So because he is Nigerian, I should support him even if there isn't any difference between him and A Nigerian premier league player. Incase yu don't know, Even Sunday MBA is a better player than Mikel.

What Makes Mikel outstanding that would guaranty him the AFOTY?? He is just like every other average player OK??

The same can't be said about Yaya who is exceptionally brilliant. Yu don't watch Epl, so how would yu know. Only what yu know is to support Mikel because he plays for Nigeria.

I so much hate it when ppl like yu quote me without any sense in your words!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: I'm not apologising to you...tell leggo to apologise for calling me a bytch or vamoose from my thread, don't provoke me abeg
As for yu, keep waiting for him to apologize. All he said about yu were pin point and so correct.

And I guess I have to watch my words, don't wanna provoke the "Princess"...
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Ignatio(m): 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Open letter season.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by striker9(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
Its alright Safari,I have been tagged as being sentimental and bias because I was defending mikel,which I don't intent to stop anytime soon.You should understand most of them are man u fans,just turn a blind eye and move on sis,they aint worth your time,I support my naija team anyday anytime.
#TeamnaijaAlways.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Emmysteve(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
KingMEXX: STFU. your tribalism beclouds your sense of judgement. So because he is Nigerian, I should support him even if there isn't any difference between him and A Nigerian premier league player. Incase yu don't know, Even Sunday MBA is a better player than Mikel.

What Makes Mikel outstanding that would guaranty him the AFOTY?? He is just like every other average player OK??

The same can't be said about Yaya who is exceptionally brilliant. Yu don't watch Epl, so how would yu know. Only what yu know is to support Mikel because he plays for Nigeria.

SMH, look at the way you belittled MIKel simply because you want to make your point? all i see is hatred and biased judgement, i wonder what Mikel has done to you to deserve this kind of hate. If mikel is what you described him to be, he wouldn't have been shortlisted in the first place. I dont want to drag this argument. MaY God help us.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Emmysteve: SMH, look at the way you belittled MIKel simply because you want to make your point? all i see is hatred and biased judgement, i wonder what Mikel has done to you to deserve this kind of hate. If mikel is what you described him to be, he wouldn't have been shortlisted in the first place. I dont want to drag this argument. MaY God help us.
Listen, am a Chelsea Fan and a Fan of Mikel as well, yu can confirm in any Chelsea thread. But two things I hate are Injustice and Tribalism cos these are things killing we Nigerians.

Every day in Naija we see people awarded contracts, appointed ministers not because of their qualifications, buh because the Oga in charge is from same place with them.

Yaya may not have won Cups last year but if yu say Mikel was better than him, then its injustice. Last year we won Europa Cup buh did Mikel play in the finals?? No!!!!!! So how did he help Chelsea win it huh?
Your tribalism and sentiments are so visible and obvious. Your the kind that would appoint someone in a job not because of merits but because (s)he is related to yu in some way

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
Emmysteve: SMH, look at the way you belittled MIKel simply because you want to make your point? all i see is hatred and biased judgement, i wonder what Mikel has done to you to deserve this kind of hate. If mikel is what you described him to be, he wouldn't have been shortlisted in the first place. I dont want to drag this argument. MaY God help us.
As for me I am proud of Mikel. He is definitely getting to his peak. I believe this is just a stepping stone and a motivation to even perform better.

I believe it isn't a coincidence that Essien gave Mikel his captain band or Mikel scoring against Derby or having an amazing game that day.

Abramovich learnt Mikel his private jet and followed the ceremony. He tweeted when Mikel lost.

The signs are that Mikel has started gaining respect and many haters will be quiet when Mikel continuously proves them wrong.

Thanks to all those who voted Mikel. Yaya won the votes but some of the voters believed Mikel was the best. Even Yaya said he was surprised he won.
#TeamMikel
#TeamSuperEagles
#TeamNigeria.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
KingMEXX: Incase yu don't know, Even Sunday MBA is a better player than Mikel.

If Mikel is just like every average player, how come he was the most voted man of the match for Nigeria at the last nations cup.

How come he had a good game against the Spanish midfield at the confederations cup.

How come he is playing for Mourinho at Chelsea.

Are you saying Mourinho can't differentiate an average player from class?
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by safarigirl(f): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
KingMEXX: STFU. your tribalism beclouds your sense of judgement. So because he is Nigerian, I should support him even if there isn't any difference between him and A Nigerian premier league player. Incase yu don't know, Even Sunday MBA is a better player than Mikel.

now you just sound bitter. Bros chill and save your argument for tomorrow when I write my open letter to CAF.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by homesteady(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl I just cant stop loving you grin
you have been giving some guys in this section sleepless nights!
they even had to open a special thread for you
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If Mikel is just like every average player, how come he was the most voted man of the match for Nigeria at the last nations cup.

How come he had a good game against the Spanish midfield at the confederations cup.

How come he is playing for Mourinho at Chelsea.

Are you saying Mourinho can't differentiate an average player from class?[/b]
How many times has Mikel started a match under Mourinho??

Does Mikel have a regular shirt in a Chelsea team when Ramires and Lamps are fully fit?

When Last did Mikel win "Man of the Match" in any Chelsea Match?? That's if he has ever won it

How was Mikel's performance in Nigeria's last international match against Italy? Even Ameobi played better than him

Is Mikel the best player in Super Eagles?? Yu sef know the answer

Am not bitter, just saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: now you just sound bitter. Bros chill and save your argument for tomorrow when I write my open letter to CAF.
Just notify me when your ready to open the thread, I wouldn't be happy if I don't secure that 1st to comment seat grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Guys On Sports Section by adebayo201: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Obinnau: report your case to the mod of the sports section.

gbam!!!!

shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Paid With Your Sperm Today With Instant 250,000.00 / What du u have to say Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa One word For Nigeria? / WATCH Video: Ronaldo Notches Hat-Trick For Champions League Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.