Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial (861 Views)

Amaechi Goes Ballistic On Jonathan,denies Impregnating Soyinka’s Daughter / Gov Amaechi's Response To Rumour About Him And Prof. Soyinka's Daughter (tweets) / Gov Amaechi Expecting A Baby From Soyinka's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial by teskyg: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
The burial service for the daughter of Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Ms Iyetade Soyinka, was held on Friday at the Chapel of the Resurrection, University of Ibadan, with the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers State, Donald Duke, Wife of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Bola, and wife of Ogun State Governor, Mrs Olufunke Amosu amongst those who were in attendance. Iyetade’s remains were interred at the Ultimate Gardens, Ibadan.

At the funeral service, Rev Olufikayo Oyelade reminded the people of the vanity of life and the importance of showing interest in the lives of other people, which he said Iyetade exhibited in life. He also called on those present to be of good courage, saying that the deceased had only completed her mission on heart.

He said, “For believers, death is not the end but an end to a journey. To those who do not believe in God, life on earth is best; but for Christians, it is different, Death is gain. We gain an immortalised body and have escaped all the sorrows that the world has in it. We gain a better body that cannot be sick or die.

“Iyitade can’t battle with sin again, she is free. Death is real and there is no way one can stop it. So why do we continue to live as if we are not going to die again? No matter how long we stay on earth we will stay longer in heaven.”

The children of the deceased Oreofe and Adeoto Omolaolu expressed sadness over the death of their mother whom they described as their guardian and best friend.

Oreofe, who is the elder, said, “You were always there for advice, guidance and assistance whenever the need arose. Mom, no matter how I write and write, it can never adequately describe just how much I miss you. You will be forever and ever loved by us. But I know that God has His reasons for everything. I am happy that you are now resting in heaven without worry about the cares of this world. I know that you will always be watching over Adeoto and me.”
Re: Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial by doublewisdom: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
I pity the children she left behind may God console them and may her soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial by OCTAVO: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
OCTAVO: Hmmmmmmmmmm
grincheesygrin
Re: Amaechi, Duke, Others Witness Soyinka’s Daughter’s Burial by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
doublewisdom: I pity the children she left behind may God console them and may her soul rest in peace.
AMAECHI IS GONNA TAKE CARE OF HER CHILDREN

(1) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: Nigeria’s Most Evil Genius? / Enough Is Enough.. Witches And Wizard Declares War On Boko Haram / India To Head BRICS' $100 Billion New Development Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.