Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science (20240 Views)

Guys What's Your Choice Of Facial Beards / Help! How To Grow Beards Naturally / The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Deen4me(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the Magians (Zoroastrians).” Bukhari & Muslim

Source : http://worldobserveronline.com/2013/04/15/beards-keep-you-young-healthy-handsome-says-science-2/

Gentlemen, they’re not just for hipsters and the homeless any more. While both dead sexy and totally awesome, beards are also a boon to your overall health. Researchers discovered that men with beards and moustaches actually enjoy numerous benefits including, but not limited to, instant handsomeness.

A study from the University of Southern Queensland, published in the Radiation Protection Dosimetry journal, found that beards block 90 to 95 percent of UV rays, thereby slowing the aging process and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Got asthma? Pollens and dust simply get stuck in that lustrous facial hair. Additionally, all that hair retains moisture and protects against the wind, keeping you looking young and fresh-faced. What’s more, shaving is usually the cause of ingrown hairs and bacterial infections that lead to acne.

Have you tossed your razor in the trash yet?

To conduct the study, researchers left bearded mannequins, along with less attractive, follically-challenged ones, in the blistering sun of the Australian outback and then compared the amount of radiation absorbed by each.

But don’t forget to take care of those blessed follicles; beards can also spread infection if not properly cared for and make consumption of certain foods (e.g. cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, falafel sandwiches—anything with hummus actually, bagel ‘n’ schmear, syrupy pancakes) rather laborious. Fuzzy-faced men would be wise to take advantage of beard wash and beard oil, essential tools for looking and feeling your beardy best.

12 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by tpia5: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
I think beards are supposed to be a sign of wisdom, not youth.

1 Like

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by ItsJonathan(m): 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
men with beards are dirty men!

7 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by KELVINXY: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Its Jonathan: men with beards are dirty men!

If u're not opportune to have facial hairs doesn't make others who does dirty..
I luv beards but it has to be wel trimmed & not looking like the men of old testament

40 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by slimpoppa(m): 5:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Good
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by nairaman66(m): 5:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Keeping my beards.. Way to go!

6 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by aridude(m): 5:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Beards make sense joor.... OMG!! am on FP...... Dancin' awilo insyd bucket.

3 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by dheaven: 5:54am On Jul 04, 2014
This research does not make sense. imagine an ugly man leaving his beards grow out of proportion.
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Ewwww, I don't like beards.
If hubby decides to wake up one day to grow some, I'm gonna get him drunk, use shaving stick remove the gaddem things angry grin

14 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Badmushazan: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2014
Joyful noise! I dedicate my front page appearance to her.
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by saintgwizard(m): 6:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Beards? No Way!
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Gozieobasi: 6:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Nice write up
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Maxwell86(m): 6:04am On Jul 04, 2014
#TeamBeardGang.........

Ladies love guys with beards..........

4 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by LMAyedun(m): 6:04am On Jul 04, 2014
Okay!! Like this...

2 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Henrypraise: 6:05am On Jul 04, 2014
Damn!!!! I haven't shaved my beard n haired 4 abt 4 months, I feel bless right now. Everybody is complainin but I lyk d curiousity in d minds of babies n kids who wudnt stop wantin to have a feel n draw at my beard anytym I carry dem.

One tin I knw abt beard, it givs u a dat kind of esteem de say pple get wen de put on sun shades.

4 me, I don't av to worry abt pimples in as much as I have my beard plastered on my cheeks.

N most tyms pple see u as a strange kinda person n wudnt want to get on ur way, beards givs u "a go" wen others ar gettin "a wait"

But pls beard isn't 4 gals/ ladies/women igbo girls wit moustaches take note

Beard is diff from pubic hair, pls shave off dat region, we don't want anoda sambisa forest to harbour Bokoharam, termiteharam n liceharam in d "south".

Team beard all d way.

53 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by calyb247(m): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2014
because it was 'science' that said it let me just accept it or else.. who doeznt know that keeping beards makes one look much older?
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Vansnickers: 6:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Chillisauce: Ewwww, I don't like beards.
If hubby decides to wake up one day to grow some, I'm gonna get him drunk, use shaving stick remove the gaddem things angry grin

No ones cares.

16 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Dhortunn(m): 6:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Beards, a priced asset for most guys. You just can't deny the fact that most of the 'beardless' Bros wish to grow some quickly. wink

4 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 04, 2014
Van snickers:

No ones cares.

Fvck off. If you dont care, you wouldn't be bothered quoting me.
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by sunnywhyt(m): 6:16am On Jul 04, 2014
Niceness
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Yoney007(f): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2014
Ladies if your man ain't got beards, you are dating a bitch grin...Science is right again. Be the kinda beards the ops uploaded are gross lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by crusader01(m): 6:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Real men grow beards. It is God's gift to men not to women. It is part of what separate men from women.

#Teambeards

16 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by mactoni91(m): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Yeah! Em beautiiful ladies like em... Expecially d type ve got(goatee) cause whenever am tempted to barb it, they all ask me.... "Why na?" Even my mom wnt deny the fact that she loves my goatee(dat feeling wen u see ur handsome son rolling out with hot chicks)
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by eghos12(m): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2014
i luv beard it can make the young look old and also can make the old look young

4 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by tammyboy1(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2014
clueless fool,no wonda sef,see his moniker

13 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by dubienatti(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2014
On d flip side, it means women ar likely to age faster,n cancer prone ..abi no b watin dem 1 tel us?

1 Like

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by lmm4real: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2014
ok, wathin we no go hear from this science lol. Look the only thing I see hear is another white man's research. What about our universities non of them da do research self, am not sure I hve heard of any from them.
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by emmabest2000(m): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
you are not far from the truth ..
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by eduxerxes: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Henry praise: Damn!!!! I haven't shaved my beard n haired 4 abt 4 months, I feel bless right now. Everybody is complainin but I lyk d curiousity in d minds of babies n kids who wudnt stop wantin to have a feel n draw at my beard anytym I carry dem.

One tin I knw abt beard, it givs u a dat kind of esteem de say pple get wen de put on sun shades.

4 me, I don't av to worry abt pimples in as much as I have my beard plastered on my cheeks.

N most tyms pple see u as a strange kinda person n wudnt want to get on ur way, beards givs u "a go" wen others ar gettin "a wait"

But pls beard isn't 4 gals/ ladies/women igbo girls wit moustaches take note

Beard is diff from pubic hair, pls shave off dat region, we don't want anoda sambisa forest to harbour Bokoharam, termiteharam n liceharam in d "south".

Team beard all d way.
glad to hear u've nt deleted ur beards in four-months. Mine is gettin to its third month now and I'm loving it. Wonder wђã†̥ I'l look like in the next two months. Guys, beards is good, just keep it neat and low trimmed. All these over-grown babies are wiishing they have some, a friend of mine even went as far as applying foest hair growing cream on his cheeks grin

2 Likes

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by tammyboy1(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2014
Mehn i got some real cool beards,and trust me,them ladies love it,with the constant stares? Nigga yhu hating on bearded gees? Yhu stil a learner...

1 Like

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by G12(m): 6:53am On Jul 04, 2014
I would have love to try them on, but me an native attire don't get along well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8XZLqIMmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdC0i9uqRw
Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science by Youngzedd(m): 6:55am On Jul 04, 2014
I disagree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Final Moment Of Crowning Chioma Obiadi Stephenie As Miss Nigeria 2016 (Video / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair / Everything For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.