Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (10275 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God? by oyoibadan: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2008
CHAPTER 4
"Does Bible Say 'Jesus is God'?"

JESUS DENIED DIVINITY
Mark 10:17-18 and Luke 18:18-19
These verses are most indicative of Jesus' position and real nature. The verse in Mark reads:
"As he [Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, 'Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone."

If you analyze this verse in truth you will see that Jesus, quite simply, is not God. If he was, why then would he say "No one is good but God alone"? Jesus did not want to be called "good" because he was not God. That title, as Jesus admits, belongs to none but God.

This subject was actually a part of another book that I have been in the process of writing for a number of years. Considering the fact that I may never finish it, I have taken the liberty to put some of it down on paper and then compared it to findings of other Christian preachers who have come to Islam and you can read that online at:

www.IslamTomorrow.com/bible/son_of_who.asp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
I have talked on the issue here on nairaland uncountable times and i'm really tired of repeating myself.
If you are a christain,read the book of john dat wil enlighten you more.John called jesus"THE WORD" and that same John in d begining of his book said"IN THE BEGINING WAS THE WORD,AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.If John addressed JC as THE WORD and also said THE WORD WAS GOD,whats too difficult to understand there?When pple addressed JC as God in the bible why didn't he rebuke them saying he isn't God?
Some times its good to read inbtw the lines,you don't jst read a verse in d bible witout understand wat its realli talkin abt and jump to conclusion.What's JC'S other name?Emmanuel!!what's d meaning?God with us!!
Does this make any meaning to you?
Frm my understandin i equate ur lil story to:
A wealthy man who's name is nairaland travels to another country and bears the name landnaira den disguises himself as the rabble.Den sm1 who knew his real identity addresses him as "great one" and d man replies sayin "nairaland is great but this is landnaira the rabble".

Does it mean that NAIRALAND AND LANDNAIRA are two diff pple?sm1 who doesn't knw d man would assume LANDNAIRA is diff frm NAIRALAND cuzz he only knws him as landnaira.
GOD+JESUS=SAME
Re: Is Jesus God? by javalove(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
Jesus is definately not God, he cant be and will never be. No matter how u try to twist the thing. He cant creat, he was created. God is independent of everything he has created. He doesnt need the sun, the moon, food, water and all, Jesus needed them tosurvive on earth. If the breeze siezed, he had no power to unsieze it,
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
javalove:

[b]Jesus is definately not God, he can't be and will never be. No matter how u try to twist the thing. He can't creat, he was created. [/b]God is independent of everything he has created. He doesnt need the sun, the moon, food, water and all, Jesus needed them tosurvive on earth. If the breeze siezed, he had no power to unsieze it,

uve said it all my brother

even the well known john3:16 said it all
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Missy B: Who knows better the condition of Jesus, Jesus or john? Between Jesus staement and John's, which one carries a greater weight? Who is the authority, between the two of them? Please, if Jesus says that he is not good enough and the one who is good is God, do we have to accept what John says pointing to the opposite direction of what Jesus said about this?

Jesus did not only say that he is not good, or good enough, but clearly says that he is not God because the one who is good is God. Deal with that, woman. You can quote every one else, if they are different from Jesus statement about himself, then will you say that Jesus is wrong and those others are right, correct?
Re: Is Jesus God? by javalove(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
abi ooo
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)

QED
Re: Is Jesus God? by MrCrackles(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
No way!
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

Jesus did not only say that he is not good, or good enough, but clearly says that he is not God because the one who is good is God. Deal with that, woman. You can quote every one else, if they are different from Jesus statement about himself, then will you say that Jesus is wrong and those others are right, correct?

for once i agree wt u

even jesus said ----------- no one gets to my father but through me

on d cross his tears were---father father y have thou forsaken me?

when john was baptising him in d water,d dove descended and said --------this is my beloved son ,in whom i am well pleased

so poster jesus is not God
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2008
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
I thought this forum had an unbiased moderator who is well versed in knowing which thread has been before opening another one. Where is the Islamic moderator to inform her esteemed Islamic brethren to search before posting?

I thought there is an Islamic section for Muslims to go spit their bunkum therein?

This topic has several threads existing both in the time past that can still be posted in.

I guess the Islamic moderator knows best.

@ Moderator,

You can go ahead to ban me again, delete my post, and inform me that I am nothing but trouble for drumming the truth to your dull skulls.

@ Topic,
SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
queenisha r u saying jesus is God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
javalove:

Jesus is definately not God, he can't be and will never be. No matter how u try to twist the thing. He can't creat, he was created.

Sorry to disappoint your belief,JC is God.
JHN 1vs 14:And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us
Does this make sense to you?
JHN 8 vs 58 verily verily i say unto you before Abraham was,I am
JHN 14vs 9 he that hath seen me hath seen the father
JHN 10 38-39 the father is in me and i in him

If you need more verses,i can supply you with a thousand.
People,the prob we have is we like holding on to our belief,not wanting to learn but wanting people to see things in our view hence we mix things up.

javalove:

If the breeze siezed, he had no power to unsieze it,
What happened when he was on the sea with his disciples when der was storm?Did he stop it or not?

olabowale:

@Missy B: Who knows better the condition of Jesus, Jesus or john? Between Jesus staement and John's, which one carries a greater weight? Who is the authority, between the two of them?
John was to prepare the way for jesus and he knws so much about him.Even in d womb what happened when Eliz and mary met?
For the sake of telling you JC acknowledged it wit his mouth that he's God too,i would give u a bible verse.
REV 22 vs13:I am alpha and omega,the begining and the end,the first and the last.

People speak of only things you are sure of!!
Re: Is Jesus God? by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
I am baffled at the fact that people are argueing Jesus is God!

Have we lost the plot or are we just having a fucking Giraffe?! grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
Rampant dear,I'll answer you with scriptures.
The Trinity concept is a great one.Christ is God in human flesh as the son.
Read this first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came to his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelled among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bore witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spoke, He that comes after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16 And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18 No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

I thought this forum had an unbiased moderator who is well versed in knowing which thread has been before opening another one. Where is the Islamic moderator to inform her esteemed Islamic brethren to search before posting?

I thought there is an Islamic section for Muslims to go spit their bunkum therein?

This topic has several threads existing both in the time past that can still be posted in.

I guess the Islamic moderator knows best.

@ Moderator,

You can go ahead to ban me again, delete my post, and inform me that I am nothing but trouble for drumming the truth to your dull skulls.

@ Topic,
SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

hahaha
why do you think I get rebaptized ever so often.
The hypocrisy is mind boggling. lipsrsealed
If the topic was on Mohammed and his chicks it would have been deleted or sent to Muslim section to be killed.
Re: Is Jesus God? by ba2undey(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

for once i agree wt u

even jesus said ----------- no one gets to my father but through me

on d cross his tears were---father father y have thou forsaken me?

when john was baptising him in d water,d dove descended and said --------this is my beloved son ,in whom i am well pleased

so poster jesus is not God
But if you are correcting someone you should also try to watch yourself cos in your post you mentioned "when john was baptising him in d water,d dove descended and said --------this is my beloved son ,in whom i am well pleased" do you really think GOD gat a wife for him to have a son or was he born for him to reborn or what
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Queenisha: Woman, you see how much you are begging the questions? Instead of dealing with the verse where Jesus said why call me good and followed it by saying the only one who is good is God. You started off giving us Texan's way of dealing with issues. I know you don't have an answer how Houston or Dallas people resolve issues. Now use Nigerian mindset to answer it, straightaway.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
matthew18:10

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

matthew 18:19

19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

if truly he was God why did he keep praying to God,ive never read in d bible of a place where God prayed to himself

jesus is a path way to get to God,but he is not God,cos while he was on earth,he was always praying to God for grace and strength and wisdom
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ Rampant.
The Father,Son and Holy spirit are attributes of the same one God.

God created man and when man fell he sought to reconcile man by coming down as a son to redeem man( and at the same time in Heaven as God) and when his ministry on earth as man was fulfilled he went back to heaven and now we have the Holy Spritit who is still God himself indwelling in us as we were promised.

That is the simplest way to understand this because we can never comprehend God to the fullest otherwise he ceases to be God.

How do you explain turning water into wine?
How do you explain a virgin giving birth to achild?
How do you explain the raising of the dead?
How do you explain the resurrection?

God is all powerful and able to do all things .
Jesus is the son of God and He is God.

Only God is worthy of worship
Only God can forgive sins
Jesus forgave sins and received worship,that makes him God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
ba2undey:

But if you are correcting someone you should also try to watch yourself because in your post you mentioned "when john was baptising him in d water,d dove descended and said --------this is my beloved son ,in whom i am well pleased" do you really think GOD gat a wife for him to have a son or was he born for him to reborn or what

and if u r asking questions ,ask questions dat r nt mysterious ,cos nobody knows how God himself came into existence and how christ too came into existence,we onlky know of d one dat he came to d earth as man,but we dont know of how he came to live in heaven

so mr man wat exactly is your point?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

matthew18:10

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

matthew 18:19

19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

if truly he was God why did he keep praying to God,ive never read in d bible of a place where God prayed to himself

jesus is a path way to get to God,but he is not God,because while he was on earth,he was always praying to God for grace and strength and wisdom

Rampant we use scriptures to explain scriptures.
No scriptures stand alone as gospel.
Jesus was 100% man and 100% God.
He felt pain like man that was why he cried on the cross.
He always made reference to the father because that was the order of things in his humanly attribute.
Read the scripture I gave you in John I and it explains it all.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
Queenisha:

hahaha
why do you think I get rebaptized ever so often.
The hypocrisy is mind boggling. lipsrsealed
If the topic was on Mohammed and his chicks it would have been deleted or sent to Muslim section to be killed.
One more reason why I stopped entertaining Nairaland religion as been reasonable for a discourse. When the ''so-called'' head is faulty, you do expect a load of hogwash to be spilling out.

A simple search through nairaland would have revealed the existence of this kind of topics in time past. Here are just some:

Is Jesus God?

Who is Jesus Christ?

Is Jesus Christ God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
@queenisha

sorry but i don't go wt it

his turning water into wine was done by the Power given to him by God

he even said greater works i did on earth u can do,so if a man of God turns water into wine in this generation,will u also call him God?

if he was God ,tell me why he kept praying to God ?y was he always in communication wt God,why did d shed d tears of ---father y have thou forsaken me?

ive never read a part in bible where God was praying to jesus,or praying to himself d way christ did

even the last day ,when God will manifest himself is a day Jesus christ does not even know,except God himself
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

@queenisha

sorry but i don't go wt it

his turning water into wine was done by the Power given to him by God

he even said greater works i did on earth u can do,so if a man of God turns water into wine in this generation,will u also call him God?

if he was God ,tell me why he kept praying to God ?y was he always in communication wt God,why did d shed d tears of ---father y have thou forsaken me?

ive never read a part in bible where God was praying to jesus,or praying to himself d way christ did

even the last day ,where God will manifest himself is a day Jesus christ does not even know,except God himself

The reference I made to turning water into wine was just to say that we can never understand fully how miracles occur.
And in the same way cannot understand God and his ways fully.
His ways are higher than our ways says the Bible.
God can do all things including coming down as man to save man.

I already answered you that Christ was 100% man so he felt pain and cried.
When God decided to come down and reconcile man to himself,he did not forfeit his Godly attributes.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Queenisha: Woman, you see how much you are begging the questions? Instead of dealing with the verse where Jesus said why call me good and followed it by saying the only one who is good is God. You started off giving us Texan's way of dealing with issues. I know you don't have an answer how Houston or Dallas people resolve issues. Now use Nigerian mindset to answer it, straightaway.

I hope you're following
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
1 Timothy 3:16 
And without controversy great is the[b] mystery of godliness[/b]: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

QED
Re: Is Jesus God? by MrCrackles(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
chei, nawa ooo! grin

this one claims to be correct, that one said MBA, na me wey correct this one claim my religion takes you to paradise, that one said IRO, na my own

what annoys me is the fact that a lot of nitwits on nairaland knows fuc.k all about their own religion

quote holybooks if you only know it well enough, mis-quote at your own peril

or better still stay out of trouble, don't cause controversies, keep your beliefs, don't mis-lead others and shut d mess up, if u aint got a clue  grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

I am not suprised you argue about this.Yea mohammed and allah is/could/may not be the same bhut God of the bible and Jesus is same person.Is your hand not a part of your body?

How do you explain Rev 22:13?
I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA,THE BEGINING AND THE END,THE FIRST AND THE LAST.
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
Queenisha:

1 Timothy 3:16 
And without controversy great is the[b] mystery of godliness[/b]: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

QED

I am feeling this verse wella.May i add:

col 2vs 9
For by him (Jesus) were all things created
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
1 John 5: 5-7

5: Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6: This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost: and these three are ONE.

JESUS IS GOD.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

1 John 5: 5-7

5: Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6: This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost: and these three are ONE.

Verse 7 says it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Secrets That Brought Bishop David Oyedepo To The Top In Ministry / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / Staying In God's Rest In or out of trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.