Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115669 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jendordino(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2008
lets keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep that flag flying
jesssus luv youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu o
what about you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2008
Text: Hebrews 11:1-6

Do you know that there are conditions for divine breakthroughs? Let us examine them today. The one chosen for a breakthrough will have to do something about it. It is one thing to give and it is another to receive. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land. Abraham received God’s message and did something about it (Genesis 12:1-3). As soon as God said he should go, he packed his thing and went.

When God told Sarah that she would have a child, even though she laughed and did not believe it she received it anyhow and did something about it. She yielded to her husband and, nine months later, her baby came. Hannah also received the prophecy of the man of God that he request would be granted (I Samuel 1:18). She became sad no more. If you will believe you will see the glory. Again, those who will have a breakthrough must be hard working. They must also be great givers. Abraham was a great giver. He was ready to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. The widow of Zarepath has her last meal to Elijah obediently. She was an exceptional giver.

Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings and God appeared to him and asked him what He should do for him (II Chronicles 1:6-7). In Philippians 3:7-8, Paul said all that were gain to him he had handed over to Jesus. In I Samuel 1:24-28, Hannah gave the son God gave her back to God. Are you a great giver?

Those who will have breakthroughs must be great and tremendous worshippers. God is a Spirit and those that worship Him must do so in spirit and in truth, for He seeks such people. In I Samuel 2:1-2, Hannah worshiped God and said there is none as holy as the Lord. Do you really know how to worship God? Are you addicted to worship and praising God? You are then a candidate for blessings. Take the steps outlined in today’s devotional story and you will be blessed.

Memory Verse: Luke 6:38 - “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.”

http://oh.rccgnet.org/serie2/august/august14.htm
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
That verse has always been taken in the wrong context sad

What is a Breakthrough and where is it in the bible?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by AKO1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gamine:

That verse has always been taken in the wrong context sad

'Breakthrough' is like 'PUSH', human coinage.

Nothing wrong as long as it directs you back to scripture.

Much like in school, one would use acronyms to remember a long list of things, like BODMAS.

It is not the acronyms that matter, it is the meaning of the acronyms.

I think that 'breaktrue' (I dont use the word) is an answered prayer. More often than not it is used when the answer is spectacular.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
Im just saying,

Why does most of all this things seem to have a perspective on SELF

and where in the bible are we instructed to PUSH undecided
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gamine:

My thoughts:

Just like A_K_O said, a breakthrough is human coinage- plain English. It could mean several things (depending on the circumstance) such as success, advancement, achievement, development, discovery, increase, progress, overcoming a restriction or obstruction etc

I also think the usage (and several others like it eg PUSH) is not wrong as long as the principles are scriptural.

Gamine:

I'm just saying,

Why does most of all this things seem to have a perspective on SELF

and where in the bible are we instructed to PUSH undecided

While focus on SELF is condemned in the scriptures, the virtues of persistence, importunity, longsuffering and patience are encouraged. This is what I believe the poster was trying to pass across.

While you will not see PUSH in the scriptures, you will find underlying principles and lessons in passages like Luke 18 and luke 11:

Luke 18:
1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Luke 11:
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;

6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.

8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

However, we must note that while our God is not to be wearied, persistent praying develops our faith in His ability, diffuses our doubts, conquers our unbelief and reinforces our hope that He is able to do what we ask or seek ACCORDING TO HIS WILL!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by echelon(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
Have you prayed for Nigeria today

Oh Lord help us. That you may help us oh God.
We move about in this country like a confused people
A people doomed,
Like a time bomb waiting to explode
Our economy is in shambles,
Father help us for we cannot help our selves

Specifically I pray for the leadership of the country.
I ask my Father, that you shall guide our president Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.
Please remove all the selfish advisers from around him
And surround him with good advisers
Such men that advised David during his reign
Oh Lord give our president direction, foresight and insight
Give him wisdom and understanding
Give him just 10% of Solomon's wisdom
He will do much with it Oh Lord
Give strong political will
To formulate a policy for the country according to Your will
Oh Lord, give him the ability to differentiate between good and bad advice

And for ourselves, Father,
Give us the grace to be obedient to our leaders according to your word
Give us the ability to say no to bribery and corruption
Father, I'm not happy with the state of affairs in this country
Please come quickly and help us
For it seems we're cursed
How can we have all these natural resources and yet be so poor?

I pray in Jesus Christ's name.

Thank you Lord.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
Analytical,

i am sure there is a difference between

Pray without ceasing/season

and

Pray until something happens, so when nothing happens

will God now be a wicked God undecided
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2008
I also think we should focus more on Christ than on self.
However, if we are having problems it is very difficult not to focus on them. We need the help of the Holy Spirit to keep our minds stayed on God and our focus firmly on the Lord Jesus.

O Lord, I pray that you will help me, by your Spirit, to keep my focus on Jesus, the Shepherd of my soul. Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray that you will help me to remove every obstacle and every thing that engages my mind and prevents me from having Jesus as my principal focus in Jesus' name.
Amen
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gamine,

God is Just.  He can never be a wicked God- He has never been!

That is why I said '. . . ACCORDING TO HIS WILL'.  He answers if we pray according to His will.  The answer may not be what we want/like but He surely answers.  He knows what we NEED!

One reason why nothing happens when we pray is this:

James 4:3

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

So it doesn't make God wicked when nothing happens, it only means we are not asking according to His will.  So when you are praying and nothing happens, just keep praying without ceasing.

BTW, one of the things that may 'happen' also is that our understanding may be opened to see where we are wrong!  So if that is what happens, 'something has happened'  smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2008
I get you Analytical smiley

But we both know

thats not what is PUSH is usually aiming at

Well,

Prayer is the master key

Without ceasing, without Season

Anywhere, Anytime

it is not a Magic word
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by beewhyfocs(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2008
My idea of prayer is that even if prayer does not change all things around you the way you want ( as in the PUSH concept) It will always change you to face things around you.

Our objective in prayer is to bring us closer to God and not just to "things". So whether it is PUSH or not God should be our focus.[/font]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gamine:

But we both know thats not what is PUSH is usually aiming at

If it is to consume it upon our SELFISH desires, then God is not there!

beewhyfocs:

My idea of prayer is that even if prayer does not change all things around you the way you want ( as in the PUSH concept) It will always change you to face things around you.

Our objective in prayer is to bring us closer to God and not just to "things". So whether it is PUSH or not God should be our focus.[/font]

We are on the same page, brother!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
Surely, i understand Bee smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gamine, you seem to have lost me there. Explain.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by beewhyfocs(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
alright friends
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
lost you where? undecided
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
Oops! I guess you meant Beewhyfocs? wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hi Ruby_Pearl.

I appreciate your response. I will like you to know that there is no force in the universe that can withstand the name of Jesus. The scriptures say His name is a stong tower, the righteous runs into it and is safe (Proverbs 18:10)

Those experiences maybe real, but they still bow to a superior power. Why don't you take side with the Superior One. You shouldn't put your trust in any man, but Christ alone.

Maybe I should ask if you are tired of the situation and you want to surrender all to Jesus? There is really no other way. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 15:6)

Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
Deu 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently, unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do al his commandments which command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Deu 28:2 And these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

Deu 28:3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

Deu 28:4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Deu 28:5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

Deu 28:6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

Deu 28:7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be
smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

Deu 28:8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Deu 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee a holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

Deu 28:10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD and they shall be afraid of thee.

Deu 28:11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers to give thee.

Deu 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

Deu 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

Deu 28:14 And thou shalt not go aside from any, of the words which command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

The fundamental truth to abundance and greatness is to follow God and obey his commandments. In HIM, we live and have our being.

God is our foundation, if we place Him as the central role of our lives.

PRAYER: Lord teach me your ways, let my heart be grounded in you, that I may walk in truth and love all the days of my life. In Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by donnie(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
Someone cld pray a prayer of faith like 'May it not rain in Jesus name Amen' when preparing for an outreach meeting when he shld hv actually stayed on his knees in prayer of petition and supplication until God answers as some others need d rain. He will hv to cm wth strong reasons; put forth his arguments.
You knw some people think Elijah just woke up one mornin n siad rain ok stop. But the book of James tells us what happened. . . He prayed an effectual, fervent, earnest, heartfelt prayer.
Also, when you pray for the lost, you r actually wrestling 4 souls by the power of God's Spirit.
All men hv bn saved legally by Christ's redemption, Bt it's our responsibility to pray the Lord of the harvest 2 move on their hearts 2 receive d gospel n 2 send labourers into d field for harvest. We pray that the Word will proceed with power and bring life to the hearers.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by donnie(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2008
Now don't misunderstand this. Many know how to pray but not many know how to recieve.
That is why Jesus ended his story with the saying 'however, when the son of man is come, shall he find faith in d earth? He knew that some, because of his message might want to go on a begging spree.

To get admission into d university, prayer n fasting; to go through d university, prayer and fasting; to get a job, prayer and fasting; even to keep the job, prayer and fasting. As if God is one meeean, stingy father with aradite hands. Hey come on! Ask and receive, that your joy may be full!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 10:01am On Aug 15, 2008
I had a challenge last night

God saw me through, i give HIM all the praise!!!

Word for today,

Pray For Those In Authority

1 TIMOTHY 2:1-2 NASB
1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers,
petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2 for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may
lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Believers have a responsibility to pray for their leaders.

If you live in a country where you have the privilege of voting
on your leaders, then you need to take that responsibility
seriously, be informed and vote as the Lord directs you.

Don't allow yourself to be swayed by the emotional tactics used
in political campaigns, or vote based on your selfish
interests. Vote as you believe the Lord would have you to vote.
Vote for godly leadership.

But don't stop at voting. Pray for public officials, especially
those in high office whose decisions affect many people's
lives.

PROVERBS 29:2 LB
2 With good men in authority, the people rejoice; but with the
wicked in power, they groan.

SAY THIS: Father, I pray for godly leaders in our country, and
for your blessing on them.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2008
Proverbs 18

9 One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys.

10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

11 The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it an unscalable wall.

12 Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor.

13 He who answers before listening— that is his folly and his shame.

14 A man's spirit sustains him in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2008
Luke 12:32-34

“So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.
Sell what you have and give to those in need. This will fatten your purses in heaven!
And the purses of heaven have no rips or holes in them. Your treasures there will never disappear;
no thief can steal them; no moth can destroy them.
Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2008
donnie:

Now don't misunderstand this. Many know how to pray but not many know how to recieve. That is why Jesus ended his story with the saying 'however, when the son of man is come, shall he find faith in d earth?

That statement is quite true. I have been thinking about it and the following scriptures came to my mind:

Mark 11:
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by toesyne(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2008
hey!
as anybody check gamine's profile? whao i can't believe what i saw, she's so  cheesy, can't really find the right word.
gamine, can we chat on the my yahoo msger right now? am on line
tosinno005@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ruddyface(f): 1:36am On Aug 16, 2008
This is a nice thread and very good sense behind it. But with all the long scriptural quotes, many of us have made it difficult to read and such a boring thread.

Can't we keep it simple and chatty? Must everyone show off their spiritual grandstanding?

Please let it be a 'fellowship' and not a 'church'.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by HIROSHI: 1:49am On Aug 16, 2008
toe syne:

hey!
as anybody check gamine's profile? whao i can't believe what i saw, she's so cheesy, can't really find the right word.
gamine, can we chat on the my yahoo msger right now? am on line
tosinno005@yahoo.com

[s]Truly, one man's beauty is another man's nightmare[/s]. Did you see the ear?

Bless you Sister.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 16, 2008
Analytical:

Hi Ruby_Pearl.

I appreciate your response. I will like you to know that there is no force in the universe that can withstand the name of Jesus. The scriptures say His name is a stong tower, the righteous runs into it and is safe (Proverbs 18:10)

Those experiences maybe real, but they still bow to a superior power. Why don't you take side with the Superior One. You shouldn't put your trust in any man, but Christ alone.

Maybe I should ask if you are tired of the situation and you want to surrender all to Jesus? There is really no other way. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 15:6)

Bless you.
Thank you so much!
Bless you too smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by otokx(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2008
I thought my eyes were playing a fast one or probably the picture was skewed but men those ears possess quite an impression. Picture however does not reveal the personality.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ty4real(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2008
Really Excited to see somfin so lifting on nairaland with so much pollution goin in the forum now!I pray and hope the devil will not pollute this thread in Jesus name!

I read this scripture this morning and am yet to get over the effect of it on me:

Psalm 60 v 2

From the end of the earth will I cry unto you,when my heart is [b]overwhelmed
:Lead me to the rock that is Higher than I.[/b]

Life throws us stuffs we didnt bargian for but its good to know that there is a God who is got our back if and if only we will run to Him that is Higher than us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.