Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury (3034 Views)

Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by exu(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2005
As many of you will probably be attending church tomorrow, I myself will not.

But i'm curious, when the pastor asks for collection to help him do 'the Lord's work' and then you see him leave the church grounds in a large luxury car...and then drive on to his large luxurious home does that make you feel a tad bit silly? uncomfortable even

Just curious, because i can remember going to church in Calabar (5 years or so ago) and the minister had people dancing to the altar so as to give to 'God'...this happened several times during the service...
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by hotangel2(f): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2005
I see you are against christian religion. It shows in every of your post. smiley

Anyways.. when i go to church, I give to God, and that's it. Whereever the money goes is none of my business.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by exu(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2005
it's true, i'm not a fan of religion in general....

personally i find it funny that people tend to look down on traditional beliefs when they, at least, appear to have some natural logic to them...

but as to my comments and questions on christianity i'm only looking for the truth...which is what religion should be about...

i mean, doesn't anger you to see people misappropriating funds so blatantly
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by choiceA: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2006
This is way in back in the dusty archives, but just want to encourage you to keep searching for the truth - sincerely. I guarantee you that God will show you.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by babymine(f): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2006
I agree with hot angel. I give to God n it ain't my business how the money is used. These men of God are accountable to God, not me. smiley
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Babybee(f): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2006
Its none of your business if the pastor uses God 's money for a life of luxury.Leave him/she for God.He will defend Himself. You just play your part and u'll recieve ur blessing.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by reniks(f): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2006
Very true!Just give the money and leave the pastor to God and his conscience.A pastor should know better than to mess with God when the consequence comes he'll have himself to blame.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2006
Since when is it not our business?

God would like me to give money to others to help them in their time of need. What if I consistently gave money to someone who was clearly using it to buy drugs. Is this a, well, I just did what God told me to do, so it doesn't matter?

If a pastor is misappropriating funds, its time to have him removed.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by reniks(f): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2006
If am among the committee in church and we can determine what should be done to such a pastor then all the necessary action will be taken.But as a member who just goes to church to worship God,give my tithe and offering and then leave.I cant go and ask what they used my money for.I cant assume everytime the pastor buys a new jeep then it must be from the offering.Most pastors have another job and business.So i give my tithe and offering and expect they use it for God's work if they don't they have God to answer to.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 6:15am On Mar 24, 2006
we're talking about pastors who have no other business.

Nobody disputes a pastor who also runs a construction company can earn money.

A pastor that does nothing else but accumulate material things is most likely up to no good.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by reniks(f): 7:36am On Mar 25, 2006
If its very glaring that the pastor is up to no good well, the committee in charge needs to get his ass out.If its his own church and no one can get him out then i'll get myself out of that church.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by TYPOP(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2006
If you are in the committee you can do something but if you are just a member or worker, know that you are giving to God and not to some unscrupulous pastors. He (God) sees your heart.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2006
I'm sure if I give to the homeless, rather than to the church, God also sees my heart.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by welborn(m): 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2006
allonym:

I'm sure if I give to the homeless, rather than to the church, God also sees my heart.

Uhm, which God? 
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by TYPOP(m): 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin
I couldn't help it.

@welborn
take it easy on allonym please.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 5:56am On Mar 26, 2006
welborn:

Uhm, which God?

The one that sees the heart of a person who gives money to a pastor that is clearly stealing from the church. In fact, I think that I'd be in a better position. Surely it is a sin to give money to a drug addict who clearly is using it to buy drugs.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by mamaput(f): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2006
I will stop going to that church.
Why should i give money in that church thinking am giving the money to god. What need dose god have for my money.
Is there not a parable in the bible about a master that gave two savants money , one invested it the other just kept it.
After church there are enough places to go to to drop the money.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by TYPOP(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2006
@mamaput
Its your choice but don't forget there is a place for giving to God. See, do you give offering in your church? If yes, does God spend it? No. How is it being spent? You don't know.
CIAO
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2006
There is no place set aside for giving to God.

Anyway in which you help others is giving to God.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Consultant(f): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2006
Anyways,  when i go to church, I give to God, and that's it. Whereever the money goes is none of my business.

It is this kind of lackadaisical attitude towards the resources that God commits to us that allows some men of God to also behave irresponsibly with the resources of God. It is 100% your business what happens to the money you give in church. God blessed you with that money so that you can be a blessing to others (see 2nd Cor 9:8 ). Why should you now take this money to a church where the Pastor will spend the money irresponsibly? How will the gospel be preached to all if the man of God spends all the money on his own pleasures? We must hold our pastors accountable. If the pastor is spending church money on himself AND YOU KNOW THIS then you should stop going to that church. That way, the pastor himself will know that he has done something wrong.

In my church, every year the pastor develops a budget for where the church will focus money on for the year. At the end of the year, the church produces an annual report that shows how the money has been spent. Before major investments are made, pastor talks about them in church. When i give my tithe and offering on Sunday, i know exactly where it is going. That's why i attend that church.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by babymine(f): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2006
Puh-lease just leave these pastors alone! Haba! Are they accountable to you or to God?
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by mamaput(f): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2006
why should a pastor be left alone.
so if he is killing raping and what ever we should live him to god.
If he comes to my house and asks for my daughter i should hand her out and live her faith to god
In-the pastors hands.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2006
babymine:

Puh-lease just leave these pastors alone! Haba! Are they accountable to you or to God?

Actually, yes, pastors are accountable to the members of their church. Unlike the Levites in the bible who were chosen as the priests by God, pastors are chosen to head a church by. . , church members. With the Levites, you had no choice, and it was God who took care of them when they went wrong (like Samuel's sons). Now, since we took on the responsibility of vetting these people before allowing them to assume leadership over us, we also have the responsibility to make sure the authority we give them is not abused.

I don't see how you cannot care if a pastor is misusing the finances of the church or his influence. Do you not realize that pastors are major role models for many people and can set the tone for acceptable behavior? How can you teach your child not to be materialistic when the pastor acquires a new mercedes every six months? How do you teach your teenage son to be chaste when the pastor is pinching every other single woman's butt? How can you complain about the corruption in the nigerian government, and yet you continue to support the corrupt pastor instead of making an example of him?
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by mamaput(f): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2006
Is it every one that calls himself pastor thats a pastor?
What of all those fake pastors in fake churches.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Jackie24: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2006
You're money should be a sacrafice to tyhe church, not a demand for salvation, and though as humans we like to know it's goignt o be used correctly- it's not our sin if it isn't, we gave something up as a sacrafice, but this is not the only way to sacrafice as some churches try to make people believe. If money isn't a luxury item for you but a lifeline to feed your children, than a different sacrafice is just as great.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by allonym: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
Its not called sacrifice when you give your money to a thief.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Jackie24: 4:43am On Mar 29, 2006
As a matter of fact it is. Whether the pastor is a theif or not, it's a sacrafice all the same, you're giving up something that would help you out or that you would enjoy as a gift to God. I could drop everything I own on the street right nowe and start a life of poverty, no matter who takes the stuff, it's a sacrafice all the same.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by mamaput(f): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2006
Am not sure that god will reward anyone giving out the money foolishly.
On reading the bible we will come across the word fool foolisch very often.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Jackie24: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2006
Giving your money away isn't foolish, Jesus tells the rich man it is the only way to enter heaven. Spending it foolishly by buying a bunch of non-sence is the problem. Giving money away is not foolish, it's selfless.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by welborn(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2006
Jackie24:

Giving your money away isn't foolish, Jesus tells the rich man it is the only way to enter heaven. Spending it foolishly by buying a bunch of non-sence is the problem. Giving money away is not foolish, it's selfless.

I'm not sure that Jesus ever told anyone that giving money away is the only way to enter heaven. Salvation is not obtained by money - whether giving or receiving. No, He never said so - or, please give us the scripture where He did. The only qualification above all else is to be born again -

"Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." - John 3:5
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by Consultant(f): 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2006

On the contrary, if you love someone and care about their well-being, and you see them doing something wrong, you shouldn't shrug your shoulders and say "it's none of my business", you should try to do something about it. At the very least you need to take it up seriously in prayer, rather than leave the man to continue sinning and go to hell.
Re: When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury by babymine(f): 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2006
Fine, Start praying for them. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. / Born Again Polygamist / End OF Days[end OF The Harvest]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.