Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:05 PM

Lets Talk About Jazz - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lets Talk About Jazz (1571 Views)

M.i New Album (talk About It) / Who Loves Donnie Mcclurklin?: Lets Talk About Him / Let S Talk About Legend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Jazz by deoyel25(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hello,

I love jazz. Infact, I play jazz on the piano. People have come to me on several occasions, asking me for the reason why I love jazz. Some jazz deads even abuse me anytime I listen to jazzz. I need people's opinion on how they feel about jazz. How do you feel about jazz?
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by beyunce(f): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2006
kool to know.

i also love jazz u know it just make me take my mind of some kinda shit dat rap or hip hop cant help me wit
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by 2fine4u(f): 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2006
am a jazz fan baby!!! grin
smooth jazz is ma thang grin
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Advin(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2006
Wow.
It's really interesting to know that pple on this forum are interested in jazz. I actually play drums, and I play a lot of jazz with my band members. I now have pple I can talk real music with.
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by deoyel25(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2006
Advin:

Wow.
It's really interesting to know that people on this forum are interested in jazz. I actually play drums, and I play a lot of jazz with my band members. I now have people I can talk real music with.

Nice thing you say Advin. Its nice knowing you. People have dangled into lots of rubbish
2fine4u:

am a jazz fan baby!!! grin
smooth jazz is ma thang grin

Also Advin, I also love smooth jazz
beyunce:

kool to know.

i also love jazz u know it just make me take my mind of some kind of rubbish that rap or hip hop can't help me wit

I love your comment. Thanks all of you. I did not expect many replies from this post. I am satisfied with this few. I will have known the right people to discuss with.
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by 2fine4u(f): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2006
i am so not Advin angry check da name again grin u kno what i've been dying to go to a jazz cafe to chill and listen to real music but ma friends aint such a good fan so none agrees to go wit me sad
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by beyunce(f): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2006
deoyel25:

I love your comment. Thanks all of you. I did not expect many replies from this post. I am satisfied with this few. I will have known the right people to discuss with.

ur welcome
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by SvS(f): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2006
its funny the way pple dont appreciate jazz but its actualy preety cool!!!!
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by beyunce(f): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2006
@svs
wats good.
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by SvS(f): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2006
hey got ya msg,i liked it kiss
u love jazz as well dont ya
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by eveseh(f): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2006
i like it
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Ka: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2006
2fine4u: smooth jazz is ma thang
There are those jazzheads who believe that 'real' jazz is jazz played by people like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. These people get very upset whenever they hear people refer to smooth jazz as 'jazz'. In fact, their number one hate is hearing the music of arch exponents of smooth jazz (like Kenny G or Boney James).

But I'm not a jazzhead, so you're safe. wink
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 24, 2006
I like kenny g's g-bop
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by lauryn(f): 5:17am On Jun 24, 2006
sade adu
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 24, 2006
ever heard of acid jazz?
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by 2fine4u(f): 9:58am On Jun 24, 2006
@ ka
i wasnt connecting or relating smooth jazz wit real jazz. i was only awknowledging the fact that i love smooth jazz also
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Ka: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2006
@ ka
i wasnt connecting or relating smooth jazz wit real jazz. i was only awknowledging the fact that i love smooth jazz also

2fine4u,

I know. It's just that the jazzheads are very jealous of how the word 'jazz' is used.

But I'm totally cool with your choice of music.

adeoba1975: ever heard of acid jazz?
Ah. Takes me back ten years to artistes like the Brand New Heavies, Incognito, Ronny Jordan and US3. I don't know that it was a definite form of music - I think it was more of a label for music that incorporated elements of soul, funk, jazz and even a dash of hip-hop. I think that the equivalent form of music these days would be what is called Nu-soul or Neo-soul (whose exponents are people like India Irie and Angie Stone).
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
This is my favorite Jazz tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEC8nqT6Rrk

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
One of my favorite Jazz albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj1ydd5ovuI

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Does any one acknowledge that Miles Davis is the greatest Jazz artist of all time and greatest musician of the last century ?
His music cools me down, always.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
I listen to alot of classical music, but when it comes to jazz John Coltrane is my man. "Giant steps" and "My favorite things" are my favorite albums.
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
zetdee: I listen to alot of classical music, but when it comes to jazz John Coltrane is my man. "Giant steps" and "My favorite things" are my favorite albums.
It is true that John Coltran is not bad at all I like the albums he did with Miles davis and some other great names. I think he was discovered by Miles Davis ( I am not sure).
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 30, 2013
patriot4: It is true that John Coltran is not bad at all I like when the albums he did with Miles davis and some other great names. I think he was discovered by Miles Davis ( I am not sure).

Also not sure, i don't know much about their bio, but the music is lovely to listen to. Here's a jazz legend from mzanzi.... www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ZA&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=RXzONKrJHPA&nomobile=1
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2013
JAZZ TOO BABY....NAIJA PPL THINK WE ARE OLD SCHOOL OR SOME BORING FREAKS BUT JAZZ IS THE SONG OF LIFE

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by UyiIredia(m): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2013
deoyel25: Hello,

I love jazz. Infact, I play jazz on the piano. People have come to me on several occasions, asking me for the reason why I love jazz. Some jazz deads even abuse me anytime I listen to jazzz. I need people's opinion on how they feel about jazz. How do you feel about jazz?

deoyel25: Hello,

As you know, many people like Fela (as evidence buy the video of his burial and note the crowd and the statements made by a cross-section of them). It is obvious that Fela incorporated jazz elements in his 'Afrobeat'. Till date, I think the saxophone play just before the first verse of 'Water No Get Enemy' is amongst the best - anywhere in the world. When I found out Fela was interested in jazz after reading a book on him (Why Blackman Carry $hit by Kayode Idowu) I decided to explore the jazz genre. So far I think it's okay but the challenge is that most of the jazz songs I've gotten so far got no lyrics (as in words) save for a few Miles Davis tracks. I'm suspecting that some jazz tracks I have (like Coltraine's 'Naima') have their lyrics. Or maybe jazz just wants you to feel the music through the trumpet. The search for other jazz songs (even other lesser acknowledged genres like classical music) is still on.

@ OP: Do you know any site were one can download jazz albums and tracks for free ?
Re: Lets Talk About Jazz by UyiIredia(m): 9:19am On Jun 30, 2013
Ka:
There are those jazzheads who believe that 'real' jazz is jazz played by people like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. These people get very upset whenever they hear people refer to smooth jazz as 'jazz'. In fact, their number one hate is hearing the music of arch exponents of smooth jazz (like Kenny G or Boney James).

But I'm not a jazzhead, so you're safe. wink

Thank you for jogging my memory. In fact, it's about 3 years since I listened to the dude. I especially like (had to go to Google to recall the name) 'Silhouette'. In fact, Kenny G was likely the first dude that made me notice jazz.

(1) (Reply)

P Square Ft J. Martins E No Easy (official Video) / Chris Brown’s “deuces” Makes History / Don Jazzy's Mohits Records Signs With Kanye West's Good Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.