Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:41 PM

Challenge: Paint This Picture - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Challenge: Paint This Picture (1527 Views)

Rate The Guy That Took This Picture / Who Dies In This Picture? / Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge: Paint This Picture by NSNA: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2008
I bring you guys a real painting challenge. Using your own style of painting, paint this picture and post here for critics or lets say review.

Gamine I am watching out for yours

Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by Gamine(f): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2008
I will try to deliver ASAP wink
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by justbones(m): 12:30am On Aug 13, 2008
i'll see wat i can do
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by namzo(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2008
sorry i'm not that good, at least i tried, didn't i? undecided I rushed it though. I'm waiting 2 see d one 4rm d pros, so @ least i can learn a few tricks, wink

Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by NSNA: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2008
@namzo

you beat all of the noisemakers here

very nice style of painting. nice contrast with the moon. and good highlight of the tree branch.
i will score you 7/10
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by henry007(m): 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
u guys are doin real gud, i luv art and evrytin about
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by Raymond88(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2008
Good work Namzo, can you honor us with a little tutorial? wink
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by namzo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
to be honest, i never thought ma coloring would be worth much. Thanks 4 d encouragement. grin

@NSNA: isn't 7/10 a bit much

@raymond88: i don't really have much to give but i'll try, wink
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by Raymond88(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
namzo:

@raymond88: i don't really have much to give but i'll try, wink
Thanks, that will be greatly appreciated, i'll be looking out for it in the next few days. smiley
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by namzo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
I use photoshop CS. I'll combime some tips i got from Artboy with mine.

1. after scanning your drawing, unlock the layer then DESATURATE it (shift+ctrl+You).

2. use "Levels" (i.e.: Image>Adjustments>Levels or ctrl+L) to make the whites white and the blacks black. and to remove any unwanted grey ares.

3. use a white brush(B) to further remove any unwanted grey areas.

4. when u are satisfied, set the blend mode of the layer to "Multiply" and lock it.

5. create a new layer and drag it beneath the layer with the drawings.

6. fill with colors your new layer with lasso tool & paint bucket (put different colors on different layers, also make frequent use of groups). You can then

use airbrush tool to shade.

7. Save your frequently used styles by clicking on the 'new style' button in the layer style dialog box, so you won't have to recreate them.

8. Subscribe to tutorial sites www.psdtuts.com, www.psdfan.com, www.pixel2life.com, www.psdlearning et.c. They give step by step tutorials and with time you would get used to a few tricks.

9. Get used to shortcuts.

10. The Pen(P) & Brush(B) tools are very powerful tools, get used to them. I frequently use the pen tool/ stoke path.

I kind of new to photoshop & i'm really having a great time using it!

u might wanna check out http://huzeyk.(.com/2006/01/digital-comic-coloring.html

@Raymond88: Hope that was helpful?
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by Raymond88(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
Thanks, yes it is very useful.
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by Phemorinho(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
guys.i need tutorials on photoshop,i'm a beginner.thanks
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by justbones(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ phermorinho
there is already one on how to achieve the effects on the last graphic response
so try to follow the steps
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by mightyx: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
I'll like to try but am blank on which software to use. Keep the challenge up shaaa. grin
Re: Challenge: Paint This Picture by namzo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2008
@raymond88: I'm glad it was.
@Phemorinho: If u're fresh in photoshop, u need to know one thing: "Make use of layers!"

(1) (Reply)

Would You Like Your Picture To Be Edited This Way? / Even The Person That Programmed Photoshop Cannot Say How This Picture Was Edited / Want To Take your Graphic Design Skills To the Next Level Then Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.