Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:43 PM

NYSC Overseas Student Requirments - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Overseas Student Requirments (5576 Views)

What are the Nysc Credential Requirments in Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by ada2000(f): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I lived in Nigeria till i was 7 years old and then moved to London. I have now finished studying and have decided  to come back  o Nigeria for my NYSC and  would love to start this September.

I am coming back to Nigeria  on the 7th July 2006 for 2 weeks to try and sort out all the paperwork, can someone advice me on what i need to bring for the Application  apart from the degree certificate? I called  the Nysc office in Abuja and they told me to come in person to register , but please can you tell me what exactly i will expect when i get there , how the application process actually goes??

I am very lost right now and would love any advice that can be given to me.

Also one more question I Graduated 3 years ago and i wanted to do some others things before coming back to do the NYSC , will when i graduated make  any differences in me be able to do it with this september's batch?

any help, advice, words etc would be appreciated

thanks
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by diddy4(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2006
let me let u in on a secret. depending on the kindda degree you have, try to find any company that will employ. when u go for the interview, tell them you want to serve your NYSC in their company, most company will agree especially if u are a master in whatever degree you have and you have proved to them beyond reasonable doubt that you know your onions. they will offer u a position den they will help you with the rest of the NYSC protocal. if u go direct to NYSC, you might be posted to a village to go and teach and i damn sure know that u wont like that.

what kindda degree do u have?
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by ada2000(f): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2006
@ Diddy4
thanks for your reply

I have a degree in accounting and finance, so have you done the NYSC?

I thought is when you get posted to a state that you will then sort out the company, or is it the people in Abuja that decides what company you work in??
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by diddy4(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2006
accounting and finance, u wont have a problem finding a job. i dont know if it is when u are posted to a state dat u sort out the company or u go to the state u like and find a company den u tell them u wann@ serve your NYSC there.

i am not in a very good position to tell you that. you should have atlest a friend in naija dat can help you out shaa. im yet to complete college. im 19. but what im telling you now, its what im gonn@ do and i doubt if it matters how long u have graduated.

basically u have to tell them when u go to abuja whatchu wann@ do or u try to get u a job in a state u want to serve, den go to abuja and tell dem u already have a state and a job and dey agreed u can serve dere. it aint a hard thing to do.
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by Ehiwere(m): 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2006
[b][/b]@ ada 2000.
Let me advice you.its not that easy.If you have friend,in Lagos that knows somebody in Abuja(NYSC)its better you across fast,because i believe they should be working on it now.
And it depends on what you want,i mean your intention of coming back to the Country to serve.What should come to your mind is what actually is the purpose of this NYSC.Its intended to integrate the nation,so if you are considering posting its no longer NYSC.You have to deside either to serve your conutry or just to get the certificate so you can work.
Any way it depends on you,do u want to just get the certificate or to affect people's lives positively just mere serving your nation?Am not actually preaching just tell me what you really want the NYSC stuff for.
For me i tried influening my Cause i needed to serve in Lagos cause of the little experience i had,but it didnt work fro me,any way i still have the chance of redeployment cause of a relative of mine who is now the Chairman board of trustee.But the nortion have changed now,when i got to this remote place and discover lot of people needs our help.Alot of lives waiting to be touched mere serving the nation.Sister,its well.Just let me know why you really want to serve,and i will give the best advice.
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by earthrealm(m): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2006
there is nuthin 2 it.my bro did the same stuff when he came back 4rm ussr, they just want u to apply in person cos this is nmaija, nuthin to it.wish u luck, but hope u know what u are doing?, jobs are not too plentiful in naija!
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by omoonile2: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2006
not plenty jobs in naija but u'd get the opportunity to meet fellow interesting nigerians,
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by Hotstepper(f): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2006
all you need to know is that you get to chose wat state/city u wanna serve
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by tonymakeke: 9:58am On May 13, 2009
MOBILISATION OF FOREIGN-TRAINED NIGERIAN GRADUATES INTO / EXEMPTION AND CLEARANCE FROM NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS SCHEME.

A) Mobilisation

Nigerian foreign trained graduates will have to report at the Directorate before they shall be rnobilised for service in the National YouthServiceCorpsScheme. They should note that like the home trained graduates, they have no choice ofwhere to serve. A prospective Corps member wi!l be mobilised for NYSC ifhe is under the age of 3O or had graduated before the age of 30.

(B) REQUIREMENTS

Original and photocopies ofall academic credentials

including:

(a) WASCresults GCE'O' Level or H.S.C.o rG.C.E. ‘A' Level or Pre-lJniversity degree certificates.

(b) PHD, M.AJIvtSc., B.A. B.Sc, HND etc.

(c) Marksheet( India )

(d) Official transcripts( USA , UK -others)

(e) Medical Doctors shall produce in addition, original

and photocopies of Housemanship clearance, Registration Certificate from the Nigerian Medical Council.

(f) Phannacists shall produce in addition,original and photocopies of Internship and Registration by Pharmacy Board ofNigeria.

(g)Original Nigerian Traveling Passport and photocopies of pages 1-3 including date of arriival. Prospective Corps members who were issued with the new travelling passport are expected to present the expired passport for verification.

(h)Three passport size photographs.

(I) School ID. Card

J) Completion of NYSC Form

K) The original credentials and traveling passport will be returned to the owner after veriftcation,

(C) CALL-UP LETTER

In accordance with the decree which established the Scheme, only the eligible candidate ( Nigeria foreign training graduate) will collect a call-up letter for service in the NYSC scheme from the Directorate
FOR ASSITANCE ,U CALL ME ON TONY 08035066170,OR EMAIL ME TONYMAKEKE@YAHOO.COM, IT IS FREE OF CHARGE.WWW.NYSC.GOV.NG
Re: NYSC Overseas Student Requirments by Stlatyv(m): 7:35am On Mar 08, 2013
Plz i nid to stop my relocation process cos am no more interested in relocating. Plz wat am i to do nd plz can anyone here provide me contact number to abuja.

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Change Local Government In Nysc / 2015 Batch B Posting/mobilization #call-up Letter / NYSC: See Orientation And Winding/passing Out Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.